Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB is now top dog and is op.

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you guys feel about DD magplar? I'm playing too rarely since HoTR, can't make a volume opinion. Looks like Total Dark morph of Eclipse is kinda funny in a small scale.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    What do you guys feel about DD magplar? I'm playing too rarely since HoTR, can't make a volume opinion. Looks like Total Dark morph of Eclipse is kinda funny in a small scale.

It can be broken free of and grants CC immunity.

I can see it being of some use vs say Mag Sorcs, but vs Stam builds, especially in CP PVP, you are just giving them a cheap 6 seconds of immovability.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »

Total dark can be awesome if someone is attacking with it on but if they're paying attention, they'll just break free or purge it. Then; if you want to follow it up with a hard CC before it expires, you obviously are not getting anything out of it at that point.

I have been playing around with UC a bit as I get the damage even if they don't attack, whether because they know what the ability does and can just get free CC immunity at the end, or if I hard CC them in the middle of it. Pair it with purifying light and you have some burst and it works on blocking targets as well as LOS humpers. Still; need CC somewhere else though.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really, what it comes down to is that everyone is OP'd if you get trounced by another class. I mean after all, it couldn't be that it was MY fault that I'm taking a dirt nap :)
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree, magnb is pretty strong when played well, but I just don't tend to run into many who know what they're doing lol. I'd say I find most magnbs in pvp are bombers or are running necro and shield stacking. I play both stam and mag in pvp and while stam definitely has the in and out burst style I enjoy, my magnb can take a beating in all light armour without shields just because of how insane their healing is. All in all though, I'd say top dog in cyro goes to stamdens.

On Xbox, haven't ran into anyone as good as @Lexxypwns I know they exist, just very rare

Where do you expect to run into them?... I never see you in dueling areas or populated campaigns. There are plenty off good magblades. I am in no way trying to be confrontational I just think sometimes you paint a picture that isn’t accurate for Xbox NA.

You often times mention Lexxypwns/Champion Points and yet I never see him either. 99% of the best Xbox players do not read and do not post on these forums (for the most part). And Stamplar is the hidden powerhouse this patch imho.

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A NB once killed me... now it op. Must be 2013... as in never.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killset wrote: »
    I have to agree, magnb is pretty strong when played well, but I just don't tend to run into many who know what they're doing lol. I'd say I find most magnbs in pvp are bombers or are running necro and shield stacking. I play both stam and mag in pvp and while stam definitely has the in and out burst style I enjoy, my magnb can take a beating in all light armour without shields just because of how insane their healing is. All in all though, I'd say top dog in cyro goes to stamdens.

On Xbox, haven't ran into anyone as good as @Lexxypwns I know they exist, just very rare

Where do you expect to run into them?... I never see you in dueling areas or populated campaigns. There are plenty off good magblades. I am in no way trying to be confrontational I just think sometimes you paint a picture that isn’t accurate for Xbox NA.

You often times mention Lexxypwns/Champion Points and yet I never see him either. 99% of the best Xbox players do not read and do not post on these forums (for the most part). And Stamplar is the hidden powerhouse this patch imho.

Auridon, Grahtwood, Rawl, sometimes Rift, is where I duel. So primarily AD areas.

My GT is Shenronnacht.

If you haven't visited to duel in those areas we wouldn't meet.

I run solo, you'll find me in Cropsford approximately 11 pm - 2 am mountain time

Or in BGs. If you don't play in the middle of the night you won't see me either
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

im at all the duel spots and in BGs.

Also solo in cyrodiil so your "small scale" doesn't see me. As for stamplar, you know it's nerfed even more in cwc
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 2, 2017 7:26PM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Also solo in cyrodiil so your "small scale" doesn't see me. As for stamplar, you know it's nerfed even more in cwc

How is Stamplar nerfed even more in cwc.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cost of extended ritual increase
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You often times mention Lexxypwns/Champion Points and yet I never see him either. 99% of the best Xbox players do not read and do not post on these forums (for the most part). And Stamplar is the hidden powerhouse this patch sn
    Edited by Ariades_swe on November 2, 2017 11:30PM
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

It's only a 14% cost increase and if you're wearing medium armor like a lot of Stamplars are you can run Shuffle.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's only a 14% cost increase and if you're wearing medium armor like a lot of Stamplars are you can run Shuffle.

Shuffle will help with roots, but it won't save you from DOTs. And I know "but thats all stam classes." And thats true but its 1 thing that made Templar more than just generic, similar to how cloak still makes a stamblade a nightblade. Not that is matters, as homogenization aside; a nerf is a nerf.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Shuffle will help with roots, but it won't save you from DOTs. And I know "but thats all stam classes." And thats true but its 1 thing that made Templar more than just generic, similar to how cloak still makes a stamblade a nightblade. Not that is matters, as homogenization aside; a nerf is a nerf.

Pretending like the ritual nerf doesn't matter is laughable
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree there.
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭

Weird... All the dueling spots must not include Stormhaven or Mournhold... The two biggest ones... Oh well.

• Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weird... All the dueling spots must not include Stormhaven or Mournhold... The two biggest ones... Oh well.

On eu we have regular dueling tournies so people that into 1v1 pretty much know who the good players are when it comes to dueling. . Last one with 50 plus contestants a very good stamplar beat a good stamden in finals.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on November 3, 2017 12:40AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm at wayrest every day, my PVP characters are all parked there.

Mournhold isn't good duels, grahtwood has better competition imo as does auridon
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 3, 2017 1:03AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the Queen! I wouldn't be caught dead in such human conditions.

Lol I go where I'm called!

Where skooma needs smoking I'll be there!

Oh yes I'll be there
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Killset just to be clear, I'm supposed to remain active in the high end dueling community when people cry about every little thing you do in a duel. Furthermore, all warden heals are bugged to heal duelers, plus the mudball glitch...

I'm in BGs heavy tho and you can catch me there all the time, you've got my GT bud, I'd love to get to know you, who doesn't want more people to play with? I'm also interested in your stamplar setup for cwc now that stamplar is almost as magika dependent as stam sorc.

I suppose if you really want to duel a BG support spec then you can :)
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 3, 2017 4:24AM
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Killset just to be clear, I'm supposed to remain active in the high end dueling community when people cry about every little thing you do in a duel. Furthermore, all warden heals are bugged to heal duelers, plus the mudball glitch...

I'm in BGs heavy tho and you can catch me there all the time, you've got my GT bud, I'd love to get to know you, who doesn't want more people to play with? I'm also interested in your stamplar setup for cwc now that stamplar is almost as magika dependent as stam sorc.

As far as Stamplar goes, I've been trying out 5 Heavy Shacklebreaker plus 5 Automaton , with 1 Domihaus.
    I think swapping over to Dual Wield/1H+S and running BloodSpawn or something like that would work a bit better.

I've had some success with the build, but I keep trying to play like a Stam Sorc, which doesn't really work too well.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOLOLOLOL.... NB is Top Dog and OP? Aye yie yie.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

The ritual change matters but its not huge. The fact stamplars have their owm cleanse and wont have to run forward momentum is very nice though. Anyone who replies saying medium armor etc etc. Medium is garbage.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lynog85 wrote: »

The ritual change matters but its not huge. The fact stamplars have their owm cleanse and wont have to run forward momentum is very nice though. Anyone who replies saying medium armor etc etc. Medium is garbage.

The ritual change is pushing you to also need magika sustain instead of just having it as a mag dump. I agree it's not huge, yet, but it's a push further down for a class that's already middle of the pack pre-cwc
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭

Mournhold isn't good duels, grahtwood has better competition imo as does auridon

Must be missing each other or hitting different instances. The only dueling area in Auridon I know of is in Vulkhel Guard and that was a bunch of noobs last I remember. Mournhold is good when Wayrest gets too laggy. See you around!
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭

On eu we have regular dueling tournies so people that into 1v1 pretty much know who the good players are when it comes to dueling. . Last one with 50 plus contestants a very good stamplar beat a good stamden in finals.
    I know who the good players are on Xbox NA
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be missing each other or hitting different instances. The only dueling area in Auridon I know of is in Vulkhel Guard and that was a bunch of noobs last I remember. Mournhold is good when Wayrest gets too laggy. See you around!

Mounhold is meh imo. Stonefalls, Riften, and Daggerfall are better for dueling
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Killset
    Killset
    ✭✭✭✭

I could care less whether we duel or not. As for the Stamplar comment I made earlier, I said it was top tier now, not CWC. Its monstrous now. Built and played properly it’s nasty without a hard counter class for the most part.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I could care less whether we duel or not. As for the Stamplar comment I made earlier, I said it was top tier now, not CWC. Its monstrous now. Built and played properly it’s nasty without a hard counter class for the most part.

Maybe you could let me know some good stamplars then? I literally haven't seen one. I fought two supposedly good ones the other day, one was cheesing meridias(and still lost) the other one was just turtling on SnB bar then trying to "1 shot" me with a Dizzying-DBoS combo and eventually lost. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just haven't fought any stamplars that were particularly scary this patch and the only things in the kit I find appealing are purge/potl

Did cooqeh come back? I thought his account was sold.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 3, 2017 3:07PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you could let me know some good stamplars then? I literally haven't seen one. I fought two supposedly good ones the other day, one was cheesing meridias(and still lost) the other one was just turtling on SnB bar then trying to "1 shot" me with a Dizzying-DBoS combo and eventually lost. I'm not saying you're wrong, I just haven't fought any stamplars that were particularly scary this patch and the only things in the kit I find appealing are purge/potl

Did cooqeh come back? I thought his account was sold.

Stamplars do really well on PC NA but they’re better in small groups than in 1v1s. Their pressure level is insane if they’re running full push. Put a stamplar and a stamden on a train together focusing targets and both using stampede and the targets will die very fast.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp