Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB is now top dog and is op.

• PhantomOcelot
    PhantomOcelot
    ✭✭✭
    Too op. Icefrog nerf plz.
    @PhantomOcelot
    PC EU
    CP 1000+

• Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird. I must be doing something wrong because my StamNB is dying a lot in some dense overland trash groups when I solo and try to blitz through. Now, he's not full build yet, but he just seems squishy as all hell.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    There really is no best class in pvp, it all depends on how well you as a 1vXer can burst people down while also avoiding their damage whether through dodge roll, block, or heavy shield stacking. Every major patch people will always claim one class being the strongest, when really it just that person hasn't learned how to counter the play style of the class i.e stamblades in IC patch, stam sorcs in theives guild patch, and wardens in this current patch. Once a skilled competent player comes upon a a 1vXer and knows how to counter him, its pretty much over. For all the people saying stamdens are op, play one first and learn the class, thus making it insanely easier to fight once you see one in open world.

Nah man, I felt the same too until I made a stam warden of my own.
    Thogard wrote: »
    Very successful in Spinners/Riposte/Skoria

I don't think magicka NB is outperforming other classes though. Very rewarding with work.

My biggest kryptonite is a stamina warden.

Everybody's kryptonite is stam warden.

Thought magicka warden were kryptonite too ?
    Magicka wardens are killable though and are very vulnerable to LoSing and being CCd. They have to get into melee range to use their burst dmg which makes them very vulnerable if you survive it

There's nothing about a mag warden that scares me, they just don't have the native healing to withstand constant pressure without resorting to tree ult turtling and when you're so reliant on a ground targeted heal to keep you alive you start to be countered by ground targeted DoTs and defile

For you what is the strong advantage of stam warden then ?

It's several things, first being the superior burst combo. Sub+DBoS is stronger than any non-telegraphed burst a magden can pull. Then combine soothing being a stronger burst heal than anything in the magden kit, plus vigor being a superior HoT to anything a magden can use without a resto and you've got more burst and more healing.

Plus stamden get an execute and magden doesnt

So what you are saying is that Mag Warden is just a slightly less offensive and more durable version of Magplar

Plays into the idea I had of running one with Tavas + Gossamer for maximum tree spam.
    Trees are a terrible skill now.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    running a magblade, I don´t face any probs at all.
    I started her off like Gilliam the Rogue wrote and made some things different, cause of my playstyle
    now she rocks for me, and I really have no issues
    to be true I got her out of the dustbin, cauze she didn´t had the witches achievment
    got her some gear and then started

if someone is interested I can post what she uses, she has just one skill from the destro-staff
    elemental wall and otherwise just NB skills
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Is this a sneaky nerf NB thread? :o

I don't know..! I came here expecting a nerf sorc thread, found a nerf NB thread which has quickly morphed into a nerf Warden thread!

I've no idea where I'm going, but enjoying the ride!

I’d rather we nerf the CP system and reinvest that power back into our classes. Put an end to the need for everyone to build as a Tank or else melt in seconds in PvP.

PvP balance will always suck until that happens. It’s a CP system problem paired with tons of nerfs overtime that has caused these massive balance issues in PvP.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There really is no best class in pvp, it all depends on how well you as a 1vXer can burst people down while also avoiding their damage whether through dodge roll, block, or heavy shield stacking. Every major patch people will always claim one class being the strongest, when really it just that person hasn't learned how to counter the play style of the class i.e stamblades in IC patch, stam sorcs in theives guild patch, and wardens in this current patch. Once a skilled competent player comes upon a a 1vXer and knows how to counter him, its pretty much over. For all the people saying stamdens are op, play one first and learn the class, thus making it insanely easier to fight once you see one in open world.

I don't think magicka NB is outperforming other classes though. Very rewarding with work.

Magicka wardens are killable though and are very vulnerable to LoSing and being CCd. They have to get into melee range to use their burst dmg which makes them very vulnerable if you survive it

There's nothing about a mag warden that scares me, they just don't have the native healing to withstand constant pressure without resorting to tree ult turtling and when you're so reliant on a ground targeted heal to keep you alive you start to be countered by ground targeted DoTs and defile

It's several things, first being the superior burst combo. Sub+DBoS is stronger than any non-telegraphed burst a magden can pull. Then combine soothing being a stronger burst heal than anything in the magden kit, plus vigor being a superior HoT to anything a magden can use without a resto and you've got more burst and more healing.

So what you are saying is that Mag Warden is just a slightly less offensive and more durable version of Magplar

Plays into the idea I had of running one with Tavas + Gossamer for maximum tree spam.

Mag warden is not superior to magplar defensively. They cannot passively mitigate as much damage and outside of their ultimate they have drastically inferior healing.

I also think a magplar is superior offensively in most situations, being that magplar's burst mechanic is harder to avoid than mag warden and that magplar has superior class DoTs and an execute.

Imo, magden is somewhere near the low-middle of the food chain whereas stamden, mageblade, magplar are imo the top. Albeit with a huge gap between stamden and the other two. Just my opinion
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 30, 2017 5:21PM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    admin pls delete :smiley: ...
    Edited by altemriel on October 30, 2017 5:24PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nuff said.

we nightblades die very very easy. and pull us out of stealth is also very easy.

I don't think most NBs use cloak anymore

I do use cloak... it is nice before using incap and then crushing shock
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Mag warden is not superior to magplar defensively. They cannot passively mitigate as much damage and outside of their ultimate they have drastically inferior healing.

I also think a magplar is superior offensively in most situations, being that magplar's burst mechanic is harder to avoid than mag warden and that magplar has superior class DoTs and an execute.

Imo, magden is somewhere near the low-middle of the food chain whereas stamden, mageblade, magplar are imo the top. Albeit with a huge gap between stamden and the other two. Just my opinion

True I suppose. I guess the only thing they really have is bird spam, but even then Stamden is strictly better.

I would argue your class ratings though. Sure in terms of people who are actually good, you are pretty much right, but on average most magblades you meet are going to be just awful, whereas even a bad magplar knows how to use jabs/breath of life/jesus beam
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad this isn't a "Nerf Templars" thread for once
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

True I suppose. I guess the only thing they really have is bird spam, but even then Stamden is strictly better.

I would argue your class ratings though. Sure in terms of people who are actually good, you are pretty much right, but on average most magblades you meet are going to be just awful, whereas even a bad magplar knows how to use jabs/breath of life/jesus beam

I'm of the opinion that you have to judge the top end class performance because it is the outliers who will throw things out of balance. On the top end of things a stamden will at worst stalemate a duel with any other builds, same with a mageblade and magplar.

Open world I think stamden is the only class that can tank for prolonged periods of time while still having viciously lethal burst on multiple opponents(throw in corrupting and you've got a full package allowing area denial or forcing major defile and then shimmering as a range counter). Mageblade is close, but not because you can melt several people quickly, simply because you can engage/disengage quite well with shadow image and cloak and have the burst to melt single targets as well as decent aoe pressure and insane heal. Magplar is the same, but with inferior single target burst and superior damage mitigation. The most important determining factors in success are the ability to mitigate/outheal damage, the ability to deliver big burst, and sustain. I don't think any class specs bring that combination like stamden, followed distantly by mageblade then magplar. After that it's stamblade then another small gap before we find both DK variants, mag sorc, and mag warden all bunched up. Then you've got the stamplar and stam sorc bottom of the barrel.

That's just my opinion and each class spec has specific scenarios where it over or under performs its general ranking in this list.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexypwwns what platform are you on?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexypwwns what platform are you on?

Xbox NA. GT Champion Points
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Lol funny you said that. Me and my guild mates were chatting about that the other day.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like magward and stamward better then magden and stamden.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

I don't think I have seen a nerf templar/DK thread in a while. Yet ZOS keeps doing it.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 31, 2017 12:41PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If NB is Tawp Dawg then I suuuuuuuuck! lmao
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember the dudes name on here but imo he/she is right on the money using two hander with the other morph of rally on magblade.
    There just aren't many people good at that playstyle, including me, but the mobility is sooo good for 1vx!

Maybe war maiden with 2hander front + riposte back bar
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    I can't remember the dudes name on here but imo he/she is right on the money using two hander with the other morph of rally on magblade.
    There just aren't many people good at that playstyle, including me, but the mobility is sooo good for 1vx!

Maybe war maiden with 2hander front + riposte back bar

I'm using war-maiden/shacklebreaker, 2-h/resto. its a new NB tho - so hasn't unlocked fwd momentum yet, so instead using rapids. The mobility while cloaked is pretty amazing - but the cost of rapids often means I can get into combat at the right place - but can't get back out of it!!

A lot of fun though (I also used 2-handers on my magsorc - hardly anyone does that either).
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    To bite or not to bite, that is the question?

NB is one of the easiest to kill if you can avoid the initial burst. 2 squish.

That said there are a few infuriating mechanics that have to be dealt with when fighting them. I.e. fear can't be broken straight away. Cloaking whilst in a root. (I know you are there, you know you are there.) and not NB exclusive, eternal hunt ignoring root immunity. And why don't ST dots tick in cloak?

Not when it's a group of nb's playing tag, lol. :*
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like every class lacks 1 thing to make a great bow build...

Bruh, I almost teared up a little. Where is the love right?
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on November 1, 2017 9:11PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like every class lacks 1 thing to make a great bow build...

Bruh, I almost teared up a little. Where is the love right?

Been having some decent success with this thus far:

On me Templar

Javelin - range CC and keeps distance
    Light - goes through block I believe and is great burst
    Injection - dots do work well with light and the damage can get up there, still on the fence though
    Lethal - massive damage, travel time and defile
    Silver Shards - about 30% more damage than injection, does 20% more damage on vamps and wolves, passive wpn damage, spammable

I usually go Lethal, Light, Javelin (helps make lethal land) silver, injection and because I'm at range I can do all of that, if I don't have time, variations work. Of course weaving through out.
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 1, 2017 9:47PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love my NB but not sure it’s top dog. If they keep nerfing things; it’s getting there by attrition.

Magblade has surprising survival; but burst really is tied to ultimate and magic bow proc. Not best but it sure has utility.

Stamblade has burst and pressure that comes with every stam class. Cloak let’s you get away with more though. Like medium armor.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblades are in a good place with the asylum 2h. Being able to gap close into an empowered incap and then execute once or twice, chug a potion, combat frenzy, and you're back to an incap again.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think magblade could be a contender for top dog next patch. I haven’t had a chance to play with the merciless change but that will be nice to ani cancel for better timed burst. This coupled with the sustain change for instant magicka return will help with 1vX. The shuffle nerf will be the icing on the cake for crippling grasp roots to keep distance between targets.

I’m really excited for magblade, that being said, I still believe it’s right there with magDK for highest skill ceiling. So while I think we will be great in the right hands, I don’t think the nerf hammers need to come out any time soon.

#MagBladeHypeeee
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think magblade could be a contender for top dog next patch. I haven’t had a chance to play with the merciless change but that will be nice to ani cancel for better timed burst. This coupled with the sustain change for instant magicka return will help with 1vX. The shuffle nerf will be the icing on the cake for crippling grasp roots to keep distance between targets.

I’m really excited for magblade, that being said, I still believe it’s right there with magDK for highest skill ceiling. So while I think we will be great in the right hands, I don’t think the nerf hammers need to come out any time soon.

#MagBladeHypeeee

The merciless change is such a huge buff that no one talks about. The burst is going to be so smooth. I can't wait to play with the change. I've been asking for this change for about a year now.
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magden is probably just as good as Stamden, it just requires a different approach.

Its easy to get 52k+ max magicka on a Mag Warden....maybe more...combing Deep Fissure + Screaming Cliff Racer + Force Pulse is a ridiclious amoutn of burst damage....its absurd how hard that hits, it does however have a significantly steeper learning curve to pull off, its not as easy as Stamina Warden.

if i ever decided to level a Warden thats what I would do, I think Jack Daniel was the only other guy on PC-NA running anything like that i recall, and he used to crush people with that set up, Cast Deep Fissure, Cast Screaming Cliff Racer, weave into Force Pulse BOOM! with 52k+ Max Magicka hits like a train, and if you need to go defensive you have HUGE damage shields comparable to Sorc's with Dampen Magic + Healing Ward, and an ultimate builder with Shimmering Shield.

So much untapped potential for Mag Warden in pvp, its just not as easy as Stamina to pull off, but is probably overall more powerful in the hands of a skilled and patient player, it may actually be the most powerful spec in the entire game, it just has a steeper learning curve to be able to pull off.

maybe one day i'll try it, but i dread even thinking about leveling another character...
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magden is probably just as good as Stamden, it just requires a different approach.

Its easy to get 52k+ max magicka on a Mag Warden....maybe more...combing Deep Fissure + Screaming Cliff Racer + Force Pulse is a ridiclious amoutn of burst damage....its absurd how hard that hits, it does however have a significantly steeper learning curve to pull off, its not as easy as Stamina Warden.

if i ever decided to level a Warden thats what I would do, I think Jack Daniel was the only other guy on PC-NA running anything like that i recall, and he used to crush people with that set up, Cast Deep Fissure, Cast Screaming Cliff Racer, weave into Force Pulse BOOM! with 52k+ Max Magicka hits like a train, and if you need to go defensive you have HUGE damage shields comparable to Sorc's with Dampen Magic + Healing Ward, and an ultimate builder with Shimmering Shield.

So much untapped potential for Mag Warden in pvp, its just not as easy as Stamina to pull off, but is probably overall more powerful in the hands of a skilled and patient player, it may actually be the most powerful spec in the entire game, it just has a steeper learning curve to be able to pull off.

maybe one day i'll try it, but i dread even thinking about leveling another character...

Magden lacks HoTs and a strong burst heal, it's susceptible to both sustained pressure and big burst damage. Sure the damage is superior to what a stamden has, but it's just too hard to relieve pressure. You're far too ultimate reliant for both offense and defense which can force you into cycles of chaining defensive ultimates and prolonging fights where you can never get the burst combo off to win. Just my two cents
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magden lacks HoTs and a strong burst heal, it's susceptible to both sustained pressure and big burst damage. Sure the damage is superior to what a stamden has, but it's just too hard to relieve pressure. You're far too ultimate reliant for both offense and defense which can force you into cycles of chaining defensive ultimates and prolonging fights where you can never get the burst combo off to win. Just my two cents

Yeah that’s spot on IMO. I play with a lot of mag wardens and that’s accurate. They’re lethal in groups thought. One of the ones I play with runs proxy det to add to that combo and dawnbreakers instead of force pulse. He one shots people regularly.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see this thread morph into a nerf sorc thread in the near future.
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
      EP CP810 Nightblade
      AD CP810 Templar
      AD CP810 Dragon Knight
      AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
      DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Ravenwatch}

Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki