Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please don’t scare away the new players too quickly...

Thogard
Thogard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Can the other 4mans out there tone it down a bit this week? Let’s try not to run over any of the new groups or players that will be trickling in.

Go do some PvE. Go retrait your weapons. Go to cyrodil or go explore the new clockwork city.

But please don’t bring a premade with a guardbot and tanky magplar into the BGs until we’ve already got these new players addicted to it!

Looking at you, animosity, slaughterfish, lucian’s group, my group, window lickers, and republic of bananas ;)
PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Gotta test my CPs.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    It reminds me of what happened during the PvP event this Summer. I went 29-2-15.

FYI. I ran into a Stam Warden this weekend just destroying everything! Never seen anything like it.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JWillCHS wrote: »
    It reminds me of what happened during the PvP event this Summer. I went 29-2-15.

FYI. I ran into a Stam Warden this weekend just destroying everything! Never seen anything like it.
    Um Stam wardens destroying everything are pretty common because of how ridiculously OP the class is in small scale PvP.

I’m leveling one now. I’d love to be proven wrong, but until they change beetles then that class will just be too bursty for how tanky it is.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Nope. Gotta test my CPs.

Sigh. This is why we can’t have nice things lol.
    Chunky most of <Scrubs Anonymois> will be leveling this week. Lemme know in discord if you want to get in on that.

• JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Um Stam wardens destroying everything are pretty common because of how ridiculously OP the class is in small scale PvP.

I’m leveling one now. I’d love to be proven wrong, but until they change beetles then that class will just be too bursty for how tanky it is.

I've seen some pretty good Stam Wardens, but they were still killable. However, this person was just Godly. We just sat back and ate potato chips. He destroyed a premade by himself; you know the one with the late-emperor(DK) and late-empress(Templar). It was a 1v6 with me running up from behind, "Look, look! I can help too". lol
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen some pretty good Stam Wardens, but they were still killable. However, this person was just Godly. We just sat back and ate potato chips. He destroyed a premade by himself; you know the one with the late-emperor(DK) and late-empress(Templar). It was a 1v6 with me running up from behind, "Look, look! I can help too". lol

Was this PC NA? If so I have a few ideas of who it might be. Deltia seems to be the most active late night warden at the moment but he changed his account name so nobody would recognize him. Trinitops is still dominating during the afternoons and early late night - he hits much harder than deltia but isn’t as tanky and prefers to kite instead of tank. Bentententen is very strong as well but he’s my buddy so I’m a bit biased. Anonymous player is a beast but usually doesn’t queue solo - he could definitely carry a team if he wanted to but his team is so good that it’s a moot point.

Those are the big four in PC NA BGs these days.

• JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭

Was this PC NA? If so I have a few ideas of who it might be. Deltia seems to be the most active late night warden at the moment but he changed his account name so nobody would recognize him. Trinitops is still dominating during the afternoons and early late night - he hits much harder than deltia but isn’t as tanky and prefers to kite instead of tank. Bentententen is very strong as well but he’s my buddy so I’m a bit biased. Anonymous player is a beast but usually doesn’t queue solo - he could definitely carry a team if he wanted to but his team is so good that it’s a moot point.

Those are the big four in PC NA BGs these days.

Definitely NA/PC. I have no clue, but it was someone I rarely seen. They put up some ridiculous numbers.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah ... New people will do like I did with WOW - play a bit, try battlegrounds and realize there is absolutely no way they will ever have fun without grinding for a thousand hours to catch up - and move onto a newer game without such a huge gap.

Honestly if i was new to ESO I'd just quit and find a newer game. There's no way a new player can be competitive in Battlegrounds without putting in about 1,000 hours to get above CP 600.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    Nah ... New people will do like I did with WOW - play a bit, try battlegrounds and realize there is absolutely no way they will ever have fun without grinding for a thousand hours to catch up - and move onto a newer game without such a huge gap.

Honestly if i was new to ESO I'd just quit and find a newer game. There's no way a new player can be competitive in Battlegrounds without putting in about 1,000 hours to get above CP 600.

Okay. So I tried my first few CP-enabled BGs. All three of them went to the time limit when obviously one team was suppose to win a long time ago. Everyone is tanky as @#$*!. You'll absolutely get run over trying to keep up with the higher CP players if you're not near the cap.

What's funny is that all the new players enjoy killing each other but not doing the objectives unless it's Deathmatch. lol
    Edited by JWillCHS on October 23, 2017 9:32PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't tell if serious ..
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new changes in capture the relic have moved it from being one of my favorite and most strategic game modes to one of the least fun and most boring.

Being able to bash someone to prevent them from pickign up the flag is ridiculous, and the bash window is WAY too long.

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Taking a 3 week break from BG's anyway to learn stamblade, level a warden and restock on pots.

Also, given I only play solo, I don't think I'll be ruining peoples experiences any more than I already did.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who could it be?!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish I could name them but certain crappy 4 man is already running with its dedicated healer negate/encase spammer and some earth gore sets too lol
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Thogard

BGs and their design will ensure this no matter if the premades play or not. ZOS had one genuine chance to get off to a good start. They botched it. BGs will most likely never recover from that.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • quintara
    quintara
    Soul Shriven
    @New Players - Make some friends :D
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ironically a lot of people who are trying BGs are max CP players from Cyro who are significantly better than the average BG pop. lol
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can the other 4mans out there tone it down a bit this week? Let’s try not to run over any of the new groups or players that will be trickling in.

Go do some PvE. Go retrait your weapons. Go to cyrodil or go explore the new clockwork city.

But please don’t bring a premade with a guardbot and tanky magplar into the BGs until we’ve already got these new players addicted to it!

Looking at you, animosity, slaughterfish, lucian’s group, my group, window lickers, and republic of bananas ;)

You know your mmo's BG system is *** when a player can make a request like this and have it be completely and utterly plausible.
    Edited by exeeter702 on October 28, 2017 5:05PM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Ironically a lot of people who are trying BGs are max CP players from Cyro who are significantly better than the average BG pop. lol

No one dying in a 4v4v4 for 5 minutes (apart from the cp300 StamBlade) does not make those CP players good, it makes the system broken and ruins the fast pace unforgivable BG's we had before.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you want people to stop doing what they enjoy doing? Make sense.
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, everyone have a group but me :neutral:
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

How is repeatedly stomping randomized groups of people with 400 less CP than you enjoyable in any way? To me, it'd be much more fun to split my 4 man group into 2 different duos and queue against each other, in those circumstances. It's not like you have some kind of MMR to lose.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is one of those "tragedy of the commons" situations.

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

How is repeatedly stomping randomized groups of people with 400 less CP than you enjoyable in any way? To me, it'd be much more fun to split my 4 man group into 2 different duos and queue against each other, in those circumstances. It's not like you have some kind of MMR to lose.

yeah... but on the other hand, as soon as you break up your 4man into two groups of two, i guarantee another well built 4man will show up against you on your next queue lol.

Such is the queue.

• kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt it takes 1,000 hours to get max cp; zergbad's done it with a few accounts from scratch each time one gets banned lol

The economy of this game is setup so that it's ridiculously easy to make money just by sitting at the market place & jacking prices up.
    Also, crafted gear is highly competitive & even if you don't have friends, there are loads of rp'ing max level crafters waiting to make you gear for a paltry amount of coin.

I mentioned money because you'll want to buy exp pots/food from the market place or from a crafter; don't remember what it's called because I've been maxed cp for a while now.
    GLHF
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let ZOS collect the stats, and maybe by Christmas or in 2018 we will have CP and no CP BGs.

Or back to no CP, if the population is dwindling with CP.

Fear is the Mindkiller