The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

CP in BG, has this even been thought out?

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
Chaosball - a no death tank gets the ball and the next 15 minutes people beat on him?
Deathmatch - a bunch of sheild stacking Sorcs that don't die and just streak away if slightly injured
Capture the Flag- literally no chance of stopping any of the tanks that normally take a zerg to kill

This is a serious question, aside from being an absolute terrible idea, what is the plan? Will CP be nerfed, will damage be massively increased or are you just going to put it in there as is like a bunch of ignorant noobs who have never even been into Cyrodil watch it fail then in a couple months try to find some remedy?
- or are you hoping enough really crappy players get involved so you get the illusion it is working?

With the current stat of CP, these games literally will not work with even moderatly decent players, and anyone who thinks they will clearly doesn't actually play in PvP.-- so what is the plan?
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And even if perma-blocking supertanks are sufficiently nerfed, you'll still have the problem of some players - especially new'ish ones - going up against opponents that have many hundreds more CP than they do. Even if the balance was good, which it isn't, having BGs be CP-enabled is a very real problem over the long term.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are the reasons why I changed Vivec to Sotha Sil lately. If BGs are supposed to be CP only now, I won't set my foot into them. ZOS just does not understand that Cyrodiil and BGs are completely different environments and the fact that CP campaign in Cyrodiil is the most populated does NOT mean that CPs will bring more players also to BGs. It will be completely otherwise. This change will totally kill the BGs for me.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    These are the reasons why I changed Vivec to Sotha Sil lately. If BGs are supposed to be CP only now, I won't set my foot into them. ZOS just does not understand that Cyrodiil and BGs are completely different environments and the fact that CP campaign in Cyrodiil is the most populated does NOT mean that CPs will bring more players also to BGs. It will be completely otherwise. This change will totally kill the BGs for me.

I think it's pretty messed up they are not taking into account the feedback of the people who have been playing battlegrounds everyday since release and just trying to please a new crowd with a cheap fix that required 0 work from them, but that just the zos way "avoid actually doing your job at all cost"
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like the clear majority of those who play a lot of BGs agree that CP is a horrible idea. But ZOS seems determined to make them CP because they think it will bring more people into BGs and help them sell more copies of Morrowind.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, it obviously hasn't been thought out
  • BroanBeast1215
    BroanBeast1215
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they are doing an experiment?
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another answer would be to take the paywall off BG's give everyone access, and for those of us who bought Morrowind throw something our way as a gift.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was most likely very little thought / logical thinking put into it, it's ZOS. They have no clue what they're doing
  • damarky
    damarky
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see ZOS staff play some of the premade groups that have a group made up of tank/healer with Guard and 2 dps and see how they like it. Almost all game types with CP will suck!

ZOS you are so short sighted!

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't see why ZOS won't give an option for both CP and no-CP battlegrounds. I mean, I understand the argument that the battleground population is low anyway so splitting the amount of players between no-CP and CP will make that worse, but it doesn't make sense to have it be all one or the other either.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't see why ZOS won't give an option for both CP and no-CP battlegrounds. I mean, I understand the argument that the battleground population is low anyway so splitting the amount of players between no-CP and CP will make that worse, but it doesn't make sense to have it be all one or the other either.

All you have to do to negate that argument (which is valid), is to implement a very simple system where you are filtered into the other queue if the queue you queued up in is too low.

So, for example, if I queue up in the no CP one, but there aren't enough ppl, the game will notify me there aren't enough people queueing and then automatically put me in the CP queue. The fact that ZOS has instead decided on doing what they're doing instead of doing what I've just gone over, is troubling to say the least.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the way I heard the argument and which makes sense to me since I heard it, isn't that there aren't enough players for a match but rather that the population is so small that its the same people and the same pre-made groups keep coming up again and again.

I figure the solution to that is to figure out how to attract more players to Battlegrounds in both formats, since I find it hard to believe that the number of players who want to do small-scale PVP in Battlegrounds is really that small, period. One solution for attracting more players that makes sense is for ZOS to allow players to choose which battleground mode they want (which will probably result in more deathmatches, I'm guessing) but I don't see ZOS implementing that while they can tout new modes like Chaosball.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The population problem stems from BGs being attached to Morrowind.

BGs should have been a base game patch and the population problem would be greatly alleviated.

Always remember the BGs player pop is based on the amount of PvP centric players that purchased Morrowind, not ESO as a whole.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I PuGed only last night, ran into the same players every single match
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The population problem stems from BGs being attached to Morrowind.

BGs should have been a base game patch and the population problem would be greatly alleviated.

Always remember the BGs player pop is based on the amount of PvP centric players that purchased Morrowind, not ESO as a whole.

This is a really good point.