The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Will we get a week of cheap skill respec with the CwC patch?

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Wrobel There are quite a number of changes to skills and morphs this patch.
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost certainly
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm... I wouldn't be so sure.

In the past its only been cheap re-specs if there was a major skill overhaul... I'm not sure the few tweaks they've made this patch are quite at that level.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be great if they do. But previous patches with similar levels of changes haven't always had cheap/free respecs.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everysingle sorc in the game probably want to play with crystal blast ... a 1 sec skill which has a time travel and can be easily avoided ... is just OP like Hell , do you ever dream to look like a Potatoe cannon ? AND do you imagine this skill with the HA ? awesome gameplay ... HA + crystal blast O_o

So yes they should give us this free respect cause with the AWESOME buff ( nerf ) they give us to make other morph/abilities like crystal blast and stone fist interresting ... this will of course create a bunch of diversity on the game.

Seriously, i just want my skill point back ... destructive clench is better than this " crystal blast " .

• Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We haven't had reduced cost respecs for quite a long time, even through previous "balance patches".

I think the bigger issue is not offering reduced cost CP respecs - each update we get 30 more CP, but because of CP jump points it is very easy for those extra CP to do absolutely nothing.

Any decent player will want to get some use from the extra CP, so most people have to respec. If you are respeccing the CP in 14 characters it will cost you more than 50,000 gold. I think that is more important than getting a cheap skill respec on one or two characters. So ZOS, you loose nothing offering reduced CP respecs (there is no crown store equivalent), so why not?
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    We haven't had reduced cost respecs for quite a long time, even through previous "balance patches".

I think the bigger issue is not offering reduced cost CP respecs - each update we get 30 more CP, but because of CP jump points it is very easy for those extra CP to do absolutely nothing.

Any decent player will want to get some use from the extra CP, so most people have to respec. If you are respeccing the CP in 14 characters it will cost you more than 50,000 gold. I think that is more important than getting a cheap skill respec on one or two characters. So ZOS, you loose nothing offering reduced CP respecs (there is no crown store equivalent), so why not?

14 multiplied by 3,000 is 42,000. That's not even close to 50,000 let alone more than...
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds fair to me, OP ...

ZOS?