The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Any decent MAGICKA NB builds around at the moment?

• Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »
    TQ9ih3s.jpg

e1BadR0.jpg

This is my War Maiden + Lich + Troll King with all SD glyphs. I took the screen on the backbar so my crit is really 47%.

So here is what I am working with. My swallow soul was actually fairly high this fight and its still mid 2000's. But look at that Assassins Will....3k?? I fought a BG where some guy is hitting me with jabs for 4k...
    You could take your attribute points out of health and move them over to magicka. Run max magicka glyphs/some tri glyphs with tri stat food (looks like you are) or witch mothers for regen. Having undaunted passives and rocking one or two heavy would help make up for some of the lost health then too. Gold out your staff, make sure you have a source of major sorcery (entropy, sap essence, pots). If you really want the will proc to hit hard you could max out mages guild and do entropy then bow proc for an empowered hit.

In cp content, pumping up master-at-arms, elemental expert, and spell erosion (against non shielding targets at least) will help will hit harder too.
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Building for max stats has always been fun.
    16.2k assassins will.
    TC7Zezm.png
    15.7k assassins will.
    DHG3jGj.jpg

inb4 they must be low cp pveers. I've crit 12k+ on heavy armor healers in zerg guilds. Saving those clips for my next pvp video that no one will watch.
    Edited by Sylphie on November 9, 2017 7:34AM
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    TQ9ih3s.jpg

e1BadR0.jpg

This is my War Maiden + Lich + Troll King with all SD glyphs. I took the screen on the backbar so my crit is really 47%.

So here is what I am working with. My swallow soul was actually fairly high this fight and its still mid 2000's. But look at that Assassins Will....3k?? I fought a BG where some guy is hitting me with jabs for 4k...
    You could take your attribute points out of health and move them over to magicka. Run max magicka glyphs/some tri glyphs with tri stat food (looks like you are) or witch mothers for regen. Having undaunted passives and rocking one or two heavy would help make up for some of the lost health then too. Gold out your staff, make sure you have a source of major sorcery (entropy, sap essence, pots). If you really want the will proc to hit hard you could max out mages guild and do entropy then bow proc for an empowered hit.

In cp content, pumping up master-at-arms, elemental expert, and spell erosion (against non shielding targets at least) will help will hit harder too.

I am sure my build could use some fine tuning. My point here was the struggle it takes as a magicka NB to really put out meaningful damage, and then even when the oh so dangerous bow proc is ready after I have fought so hard to survive that enemy burst just by layering hots and praying its enough, I get a 3k bow proc (btw my first two parses it was dodged). My magicka DK I could just flame whip people for upwards of 5k, not to mention the dots I have on them and healing almost 50% of my life with one ability.

I just feel like I am missing something BIG here when people talk about how powerful this class is. I have watched all the build videos from the pros like Blob and Kena, following their rotations and build advice but I still feel like the weakest one out there in terms of both damage and survivability. I guess I am here to either find what I am doing wrong or waiting for that light bulb to turn on but I'm not seeing it.
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    16.2k assassins will.
    TC7Zezm.png
    15.7k assassins will.
    DHG3jGj.jpg

inb4 they must be low cp pveers. I've crit 12k+ on heavy armor healers in zerg guilds. Saving those clips for my next pvp video that no one will watch.

I’ll be your #1 fan
  • TheMystid
    TheMystid
    ✭✭✭
    TQ9ih3s.jpg

e1BadR0.jpg

A 3k Assassins Will should not discourage you, I guess. The number depends on the target it landed to, the buff and the resistances he had...

Try to Soul harvest (+20% damage) --> entropy (+20% empower)--> fear --> Assasinss will on a debuffed non-tank player, and I'm sure the number will raise... And if it also crits, you will finally get that thrill you're seeking for as a magblade :)

Assassins WIll is not a one-button-kill-target by itself, you can use it either to apply pressure or to execute... The latter requires big preparation, creativity and mechanics :#

hf!

Edited by TheMystid on November 9, 2017 2:10PM
    PC EU

Nostalgic StamDk
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The duration of "how long the assassins will proc is up/available for" always seems way too low. Meaning 1 or two bar swaps & you can no longer use the proc.
    Good luck with needing 5 light attacks to proc & needing your enemy to not have CC immunity due to pot & having ult or something ready to combo once it's proc'd!
    Occasionally I've even had it proc but not seen the animation fire. So if I'm not looking at combat metrics or talking to the enemy, I don't even know if it worked or glitches out.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMystid wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @Stratiss , you are not built for defense & your opponents are, that's why they melt you but you can't melt them. Also get better at using cloak + shade to get away & keep your shields up if you use them.

@Lexxypwns even with bloodspawn resto ult isnt up 100%, pirate & chudan is giving you survivability when it's not up. With your playstyle it probably doesn't matter though.

Yeah, that makes sense, if you're brawling then bloodspawn is kinda just up and I'll have all my defensive buffs and HoTs running so if I take 3 seconds of damage without the proc then so what. I guess if you're a bit more of a kite spec then there's long periods of downtime on bloodspawn.

On a side note, I'm working on a no cloak 2h build for cwc that I'm pretty excited to test out!

I might be wrong but Innate Axiom seems made for 2H magblade... but maybe not so good for a no cloak build :/

Last I heard axiom was bugged. I'm trying to pack more punch than axiom alone is going to give though, I'm trying to figure out what damage set though, maybe heavy alchemist
    TQ9ih3s.jpg

e1BadR0.jpg

Gold weapons? What trait? I'm assuming it's either that or bad cp spread
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 9, 2017 4:13PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost don't understand the need for heavy when you can wear 1 pirate + 1 chudan
    The light armor passives just seem so much better nowadays & in light fully buffed I'm at 29k resistance spell & phys

If I was doing a heavy set then 5 seducer 5 spinner/war maiden is probably what I would strive towards.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭
    Stratiss wrote: »
    I faced a magicka nb tonight in a battleground who did over 1 mil damage and about 40 kills. His assassin's will hit me for 14k and his swallow soul hit me for 6k. How does someone get numbers like that? I'm lucky to even reach an 8k hit with my bow proc, that is if it even hits. I mentioned before that I'm running Julianos/Wizards/Skoria and I feel like my damage is terrible and I die instantly, what am I doing wrong with magicka nb? I love this class but can't seem to make it work.

Just use 5 shackle 4 necro 2 valk. Shields are huge. Dmg is huge. I constantly hit 15k plus wills. Openworld ill put 5 necro and 1 domi. Drop valk.

Ive played alot of mag nb. Thats by far the best setup.
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    @Stratiss , you are not built for defense & your opponents are, that's why they melt you but you can't melt them. Also get better at using cloak + shade to get away & keep your shields up if you use them.

@Lexxypwns even with bloodspawn resto ult isnt up 100%, pirate & chudan is giving you survivability when it's not up. With your playstyle it probably doesn't matter though.

Yeah, that makes sense, if you're brawling then bloodspawn is kinda just up and I'll have all my defensive buffs and HoTs running so if I take 3 seconds of damage without the proc then so what. I guess if you're a bit more of a kite spec then there's long periods of downtime on bloodspawn.

On a side note, I'm working on a no cloak 2h build for cwc that I'm pretty excited to test out!

I might be wrong but Innate Axiom seems made for 2H magblade... but maybe not so good for a no cloak build :/

Last I heard axiom was bugged. I'm trying to pack more punch than axiom alone is going to give though, I'm trying to figure out what damage set though, maybe heavy alchemist
    TQ9ih3s.jpg

e1BadR0.jpg

Purple weap in precise. I'll check my cp tonight.
    Edited by Dreth on November 9, 2017 10:31PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

TQ9ih3s.jpg

e1BadR0.jpg

Purple weap in precise. I'll check my cp tonight.

Gold weapon adds ~250 spell damage and the penetration helps you hit closer to tooltip numbers
  • Stratiss
    Stratiss
    Soul Shriven
    lynog85 wrote: »
    I faced a magicka nb tonight in a battleground who did over 1 mil damage and about 40 kills. His assassin's will hit me for 14k and his swallow soul hit me for 6k. How does someone get numbers like that? I'm lucky to even reach an 8k hit with my bow proc, that is if it even hits. I mentioned before that I'm running Julianos/Wizards/Skoria and I feel like my damage is terrible and I die instantly, what am I doing wrong with magicka nb? I love this class but can't seem to make it work.

Just use 5 shackle 4 necro 2 valk. Shields are huge. Dmg is huge. I constantly hit 15k plus wills. Openworld ill put 5 necro and 1 domi. Drop valk.

How come people recommend shackle, isn't the weapon damage just a waste of stats? I mean I guess everything else is really good but wouldn't something like Julianos be better for damage or amber plasm for the recovery?
    Edited by Stratiss on November 10, 2017 7:47AM
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    Sylphie wrote: »
    16.2k assassins will.
    TC7Zezm.png
    15.7k assassins will.
    DHG3jGj.jpg

I’ll be your #1 fan

<3
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How come people recommend shackle, isn't the weapon damage just a waste of stats? I mean I guess everything else is really good but wouldn't something like Julianos be better for damage or amber plasm for the recovery?

You wind up with slightly more damage with shackles resource pools and more stamina for slightly less regen. You do miss out on some crit. It’s just not a huge
    Jump between the 2 and one is crafted so no RNG.

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question to melee magblades - which set do you prefer out of War Maiden and Martial Knowledge? Also, have any other melee magblades tried out the new Innate Axiom set yet? If you know of any other good, intereste#ing, funky sets for magblade, please let me know! :)
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The duration of "how long the assassins will proc is up/available for" always seems way too low. Meaning 1 or two bar swaps & you can no longer use the proc.
    Good luck with needing 5 light attacks to proc & needing your enemy to not have CC immunity due to pot & having ult or something ready to combo once it's proc'd!
    Occasionally I've even had it proc but not seen the animation fire. So if I'm not looking at combat metrics or talking to the enemy, I don't even know if it worked or glitches out.

I don't have any problem with the proc due to the addon, however I have to agree that it's really tedious class to play. Magblade is not an easy class to play effectively because everything you do has to revolve around 5 light attacks and a bow proc. Im not saying we don't have burst, I hit pretty hard when I line up and incap with a bow and skoria proc. But its very tedious to actually achieve this combo in a real fight, everything seems easy on a test dummy It's not like warden where you hit with bugs and crit rush to a dawn breaker and they dead or under 25% hp.

I don't agree at all with people that say it's some overpowered 1v1 masterclass. If it was then all these guys you see dueling wouldn't be on wardens, sorcs and stamblades.
    Edited by Datthaw on November 10, 2017 5:34PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

I don't have any problem with the proc due to the addon, however I have to agree that it's really tedious class to play. Magblade is not an easy class to play effectively because everything you do has to revolve around 5 light attacks and a bow proc. Im not saying we don't have burst, I hit pretty hard when I line up and incap with a bow and skoria proc. But its very tedious to actually achieve this combo in a real fight, everything seems easy on a test dummy It's not like warden where you hit with bugs and crit rush to a dawn breaker and they dead or under 25% hp.

I don't agree at all with people that say it's some overpowered 1v1 masterclass. If it was then all these guys you see dueling wouldn't be on wardens, sorcs and stamblades.

Which addon?
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummm, not all magblades rely on that skill. i do just fine and I don't use it (I actually hate it lol)
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭

Thank you. A lot of people describe this class that way and its simply not true in my experience. TTK in a fight with a lot of these burst classes is FAST. When you size up your target, you better be ready to get in and kill them in a hurry bc their friend is just around the corner, and the majority of the time there just isnt enough time to like up all three abilities especially when our bread and butter takes 5 light attacks to line up while trying to survive enemy burst or cc. I hate having my playstyle revolve around a single ability that 5/10 times doesnt even proc in a fight. You are also praying your skoria procs or they are going to just laugh off that 5k assassins will (if they dont dodge or you arent cc'ed before it goes off and have to rebuff and start the cycle all over again).

I would love to see more builds get away from this style and come out with some meaningful burst not surrounding such a fickle ability.
    Edited by Dreth on November 10, 2017 8:33PM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you. A lot of people describe this class that way and its simply not true in my experience. TTK in a fight with a lot of these burst classes is FAST. When you size up your target, you better be ready to get in and kill them in a hurry bc their friend is just around the corner, and the majority of the time there just isnt enough time to like up all three abilities especially when our bread and butter takes 5 light attacks to line up while trying to survive enemy burst or cc. I hate having my playstyle revolve around a single ability that 5/10 times doesnt even proc in a fight. You are also praying your skoria procs or they are going to just laugh off that 5k assassins will (if they dont dodge or you arent cc'ed before it goes off and have to rebuff and start the cycle all over again).

I would love to see more builds get away from this style and come out with some meaningful burst not surrounding such a fickle ability.

Don't use the ability and don't rely on Skoria? Just a suggestion.
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If max damage is what you are aiming for on a magicka toon, I.E. largest Assassin's Will proc, then Martial Knowledge is the best set available.

Nothing else is even a close 2nd place.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

Shackle allows you to use witchmothers bro.
  • lynog85
    lynog85
    ✭✭✭

Its in the top 3 duelling classes rn. Proccing the bow becomes very easy with practice. Stick with it, youll see.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best 'Panacaea' morph for PvP (solo/duo/smallscale)???
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to build a mnb like a bruiser. Am I out of my mind?

Thinking between heavy or light shackle with maiden. Sword and board with resto back or dual weild with resto back?

Any success stories?
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

Thinking between heavy or light shackle with maiden. Sword and board with resto back or dual weild with resto back?

Any success stories?

That’s what I am running right now with LA , bloodspawn, sword and board, but I don’t know if bruiser is the name for it. More hit and run for my setup right now and it has worked ok. Problem being at the moment; shadow image is broken so gap closing in for a kill then teleporting out is not likely.

Maybe until the fix that, I should slap on the heavy and build toward block cost reduction.

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any success stories?

I remember about 2 years ago there was a magblade on EU PC, AD called Dennegor. He was very good, seem to remembering using DW/S&B - not sure if he still plays and even though he was an enormous pain (especially as Emp),it's a shame he's not here to contribute to this thread :(
    Edited by Bam_Bam on November 12, 2017 7:21PM
    Joined January 2014
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »

Ummm, not all magblades rely on that skill. i do just fine and I don't use it (I actually hate it lol)

Please link some build that doesn't use bow as pressure or execute. I have tried to run not using that skill but my damage output seemed terrible. Spamming funnel health and keeping dots up seemed like it just tickled players. (I'm destro/resto btw not sure if dw builds don't really use it)
    Edited by Datthaw on November 15, 2017 11:45AM
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭

Any success stories?

This would be epic. I wanted my sap tank build to work so so badly, but the low damage output just didnt make it viable at all. Unkillable, but I couldnt kill a mudcrab with my pathetic damage.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now running my Argonian magplar sword and board, heavy, shackle and war maiden as a brawler. Tried light for a bit but that was a bit squishy and heavy just lined up with the argonian increased healing done and received. The heals from jabs are really nice which you would have to use swallow soul which might work; just not well if reflects are up.