Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armor Abilities requiring 5 pieces to use

Kammakazi
Kammakazi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
All I'm thinking about is my tank, and how it no longer will be able to use Elude (more duration).

Elude was my go-to ability when tanking vAA HM (Axes) & vHRC HM (The Warrior) and this change is really huge.

Please re-think this, in a PvE perspective!
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I knew it, I also wrote it some weeks ago -.-

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4436315/#Comment_4436315

@ZOS this change makes no sense if " NOT ADJUSTED " Medium armour and making it playable . All classes in medium A. other than a NBs are free AP

take some streamers or pay someone who can balance with the brain Jesus Christ

4SZ3E56.gif
    Edited by melloni_aleb16_ESO on September 29, 2017 11:55PM
    DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was laughable that everyone in pvp used the medium armor skill but almost no one used medium armor.
    As much as people will cry about this it's a good thing to reduce time to kill for light and heavy armor

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    It was laughable that everyone in pvp used the medium armor skill but almost no one used medium armor.
    As much as people will cry about this it's a good thing to reduce time to kill for light and heavy armor

For PVP.

Either eliminate the PVE elements completely or stop sabotaging the entire game for the sake of 20% of the playerbase.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

Nobody used it for the dodge chance in PvP. It was snare removal.

Way too many skills snare in this game.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 30, 2017 12:29AM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4SZ3E56.gif

The end of that scene is what we´re all waiting for.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good change. There is a legit trade off now between medium and heavy.

.....unless even more NBs show up now since they can use Blur for Major Evasion.....
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Very good change. There is a legit trade off now between medium and heavy.

.....unless even more NBs show up now since they can use Blur for Major Evasion.....

Well Nightblade have always just sucked it up yes we were OP many moons ago but pre 1.6 when magic was king the class that used Stamina was Nightblades if you were hit by an Archer or Dual Wielder they were Nightblades 9/10 times.

We were Stamina before stamina heals and class morphs. We made Medium Armor work. You can go Medium on any class and use class powers to live (outside of SA that’s BS unlike you can Cloak after 2 seconds or Bolt Escape out of range) I true our classes will remember how to wear medium or live with Heavy and no dodge chance.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RIP Heavy armor Tava's Tanks, I never liked you and you will not be missed.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait, what?!?!? Where is this in the pts note? If they have Made Medium Armor Great Again (for PVP), then my work here is done!
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long requested change.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    All I'm thinking about is my tank, and how it no longer will be able to use Elude (more duration).

Elude was my go-to ability when tanking vAA HM (Axes) & vHRC HM (The Warrior) and this change is really huge.

Please re-think this, in a PvE perspective!

You made a mistake, unless you had on more then two pieces of medium, the duration of shuffle and elude with just one piece is the same. I made this mistake once, I though the same thing, switched morphs from shuffle to elude, the time was exactly the same at max rank and only one piece of medium on. Really noticeable on the last boss in vDSA, he does snares that I never even noticed when I had shuffle just were really killer when I had elude.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great change
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good except tava PVE tanks are useless now :/
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where was it announced though ?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

eso live
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »

eso live

Thanks
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone forgets about histbark.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Everyone forgets about histbark.

Hist Bark + Tava isn't possible.

Anyway this makes my Sorc Setup even more powerful rofl...
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally there is a point where the dev must force players to make choices in order to spread things out naturally amongst the playerbase in the sake of balancing things. And this change makes sense. Someone outfitted in heavy armor isn't supposed to be mobile and evading. They are supposed to be absorbing damage. Just makes sense. It will give a nice boost to the value of playing a medium armor NB. In theory this change should help a bit with the "op" or "meta" builds where players are just choosing all the "best" stuff with few drawbacks and consequences that should be there in the build decision process.

Are the armor skill line passives being reworked the same way? To run off 5 pieces of same weight armor? Because the passives of heavy armor are pretty strong. Forcing the change on the passives will further make players make more serious build decisions, and I'd bet we'd see some less troll tanks in PvP. Not to mention further specify and define roles for trial groups and group dungeons.

There are exciting possibilities with this proposed change.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't hate the change; My only issue with the change is

Elude is a great ability
    so is Harness Magicka.

However Immovable is a terrible ability. It might be ok if it cost WAY WAY less; but even then I don't know if i'd slot it.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the best change this update but the heavy armor skill is crap cost to much to boot they need to rework it to make it usefull
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    something they should look at is that magicka and stam build both use heavy armor but the ability cost stam so magicka build cant really use it even if it was good

maybe the base stam cost stam and gives immovability remove the armor buff so the cost can be lowered

give one magicka morph
    Edited by lucky_Sage on September 30, 2017 6:25AM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally there is a point where the dev must force players to make choices in order to spread things out naturally amongst the playerbase in the sake of balancing things. And this change makes sense. Someone outfitted in heavy armor isn't supposed to be mobile and evading. They are supposed to be absorbing damage. Just makes sense. It will give a nice boost to the value of playing a medium armor NB. In theory this change should help a bit with the "op" or "meta" builds where players are just choosing all the "best" stuff with few drawbacks and consequences that should be there in the build decision process.

Are the armor skill line passives being reworked the same way? To run off 5 pieces of same weight armor? Because the passives of heavy armor are pretty strong. Forcing the change on the passives will further make players make more serious build decisions, and I'd bet we'd see some less troll tanks in PvP. Not to mention further specify and define roles for trial groups and group dungeons.

Keeping it short
    -NB is currently the only class that can make MA work bc of extra Defense Option from cloak
    -Restricting shuffle won't buff other MA users, it will be just as bad as it is now (dive, soul assault...)
    -already to much snares in this game, this change will rub that in our faces even more
    -double nerfing HA would be way over the top
    -HA passives are fine, some sets are not
    -as HA User you now have to either be permasnared or give up a good heal (rally)
    -troll tanks use permablock, HA has no block passives (only constitution contributes to it), problem is block cost calculation

Further specify define roles for trial groups? What? Didn't know HA DDs where overperforming in vet trials or anything. And even if some pve DD would gimp himself with HA, they wouldn't make good use of shuffle. The only thing this changes for PvE is that Tava tanks are now officially dead.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 30, 2017 11:26AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Keeping it short
    -NB is currently the only class that can make MA work
    -Restricting shuffle won't buff other MA users, it will be just as bad as it is now
    -double nerfing HA is way over the top
    -troll tanks use permablock, HA has no block passives (only constitution contributes to it), problem is block cost calculation

Further specify define roles for trial groups? What? Didn't know HA DDs where overperforming in vet trials or anything. And even if some pve DD would gimp himself with HA, they wouldn't make good use of shuffle. The only thing this changes for PvE is that Tava tanks are now officially dead.

Its great change pvp-wise. PvE-wise people ignoring such strong set as Gossamer, hopefully now they can try to adotp it into rotations.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Keeping it short
    -Restricting shuffle won't buff other MA users, it will be just as bad as it is now

Its great change pvp-wise. PvE-wise people ignoring such strong set as Gossamer, hopefully now they can try to adotp it into rotations.

Can you please specify how a MA stamDK will be any more viable after this than it is now?

Taking away things from others is not always the same as buffing yourself.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 30, 2017 11:33AM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually just though this change is basically making an already pretty uselss set (armour master) even worse.... now having to double slot a single ability assuming you want it active on both bars? idk never could get along with this set!
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any option to attach that change to battlespirit?

Or is there any pve benefit or imbalance that i overlooked?
    Edited by eso_nya on September 30, 2017 11:40AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Keeping it short

Can you please specify how a MA stamDK will be any more viable after this than it is now?

Taking away things from others is not always the same as buffing yourself.
    Depends on what your "MA" means.
    P.S.: nerfing something OP is what "balancing" means btw.
    Edited by Cinbri on September 30, 2017 11:41AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    eso_nya wrote: »
    Any option to attach that change to battlespirit?

Or is there any pve benefit or imbalance that i overlooked?

What? You don't run immovable on a light armor stamina dd?
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on September 30, 2017 11:41AM