The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP campaign suggestion

Miswar
Miswar
✭✭✭✭✭
The PvP would benefit if Zos made so that you can only play 1 colour per campaign. This would need to Be chosen at campaign reset.

If you multiple colour characters than pick other campaign for those but 1 colour per campaign.

That would spread the population to other campaigns, would cut out a lot of exploiting and make more balanced PvP experience.

If you want to change colour you would need pay the same amount of AP you are now forced to pay when changing main campaign with same cool down.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this another Alliance change thread disguised as something else?

You're not fooling me!

If you want to change Alliances, simply roll another character. It's pretty easy these days to get to level 50 ...

• Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I only play one alliance. Don't have any need to create another alliance characters at all.

Read the thread again. I think you missed the point. Nothing to do with desire of changing alliances etc.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this another Alliance change thread disguised as something else?

You're not fooling me!

If you want to change Alliances, simply roll another character. It's pretty easy these days to get to level 50 ...

I think it's another "lock PvP campaigns" thread in disguise. Which is equally as tawdry and pointless.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what "patch, work around, gimmick, cheat, macro" you come up with AD on PC/NA is still going to loose. Not only that they will have poster after poster come up with elaborate rationals (other than they arent good at pvp) as to why.

• Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again this is not locked PvP nor is it about having to with anything about PvP skills etc.

Let me simplify:

You have... Blue, Red and Yellow characters.

You pick campaign A to be Blue
    You pick campaign B to be Red
    You pick campaign C to be Yellow

Thus it that dictates that where your coloured characters can enter. You want to switch Blue characters to Campaign B and red characters to campaign A. That is fine just pay with Ap just like you do now with home campaign change or wait until campaign resets to do it free.

Nothing is locked permanently.

This would benefit:

* You will have players playing in different campaigns thus making more maps valid
    * The above would also lessen the lag
    * It would also reduce amount of exploiting in the game. It would not prevent it totally but definitely lessen that crap
    * The Zonechats also are full of people just mocking people since they log just to do that from their other characters

... thus it won't lock you out of anything etc etc.

The list for possible negative well have not heard much here nor in the game.

Just better non drama full PvP.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    Again this is not locked PvP nor is it about having to with anything about PvP skills etc.

Let me simplify:

You have... Blue, Red and Yellow characters.

You pick campaign A to be Blue
    You pick campaign B to be Red
    You pick campaign C to be Yellow

Thus it that dictates that where your coloured characters can enter. You want to switch Blue characters to Campaign B and red characters to campaign A. That is fine just pay with Ap just like you do now with home campaign change or wait until campaign resets to do it free.

Nothing is locked permanently.

This would benefit:
    not me...

giphy.gif
    Miswar wrote: »
    Just better non drama full PvP.

maybe you could try - just playing with yourself...seems there might be less drama there :)
    Edited by geonsocal on August 31, 2017 6:40PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why bother even posting when you got nothing substance to say? Just being a... ? You know what.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are right @Miswar ...there is no need to be so dismissive...your point is valid (somewhat) and is most definitely shared by others...

not quite sure why your thread was the straw which broke my camel's back and caused me to bypass reason...

this subject comes up fairly frequently...basically the reason some of us have gotten a little salty over the subject is that many of us play multiple characters which reside within all three factions...

and - we'd prefer not having our play choices limited...you can not get the same gaming experience on all maps...

it definitely bugs me when folks cheat/exploit/troll and generally take advantage of being able to swap sides so easily...

however, the misconduct of some should not be the basis of restricting gameplay for the many...

here are a few other threads on the topic...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/356464/lock-pvp-campaigns#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/360406/would-you-like-a-campaign-that-is-locked-by-alliance-account-only-allowed-1-faction#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/352138/alliance-switching#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/348731/serjustin19-reasons-on-why-faction-lock-for-the-duration-of-a-campaign-is-bad-mainly-for-balance#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/326339/should-players-be-locked-into-a-faction-for-the-duration-of-a-campaign#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/332388/lock-alliance-faction-to-account

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/349562/lock-account-into-one-alliance-only
    Edited by geonsocal on August 31, 2017 8:13PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bad as well. I got annoyed for no reason.

I do play PS4 EU/NA and the pvp especially in EU in server is in worst shape that I have seen it on +2 years playing.

There is so many players fed up and so many that have left or in the break. Something needs to give but honestly ZoS does not care at all. That is my opinion and many others opinion. If they really think that Pve content will keep the players interested they will be dead wrong.

Basically that is why bothered even implying some concrete actions that could salvage what is left to be salvaged.

Also NA server is better off or at least was when was there last time around. The EU is not.

Anyways.. my bad behaviour as well... just want something done to sort this mess out before it is too late and.we are already in "overtime" in game 7.... so not good at all.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not copy and paste guild wars 2 wvw setup? Would make sense post one tameril, similiar to what they are trying to do in battlegrounds matches.

-you select a server to fight for
    -accounts not charaters bound to that 'server' (stops 'faction swapping mid campaign)
    -match up are weekly (stronger servers progress up and weaker progress down)
    -starting location/colour may change from week to week.
    -to change server costs crowns (yep they could make money there).
    -a "commander" tag visible to everyone on your side (could incorporate it with the emperor or something costing crown, leave that one up to zos)

Thats just a few ideas changes which imo would make more feel more competitive rather than a massive ap farming, giving a sense of need to win a week and progress as a server
    (Would link their third party wvw forum for it, but think that may breach zos t&c)
    Edited by Bhaal5 on September 7, 2017 10:02PM
  • BllyDnsr
    BllyDnsr
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. I play on XB NA and would like to see a faction lock per campaign season. Meaning, if you start the campaign on EP, you stay EP until the end of that campaign season. I'd also love to be able to hunt down same faction spies, like those who take a scroll then just run it to the enemy... but I think that would get out of hand and so we're left with just reporting them which we all know doesn't really amount to anything, LOL.
    Guildmaster of Obsidian Covenant.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm for this ... I'm also for a shorter campaign something I thought would be good would be 4 hour campaigns, imagine the ability to say ok let's meet at 6pm for a campaign

You can either go in as one faction with your guild or even create a guild event where the guild enters as all 3 factions ...

You have 4 hours then to push emp and rack points to gain rewards ... After 4 hours the server gets a 30 minutes cool down where it resets to neutral to start all again

More PvP would be had as you can plan games with friends or with frenemies.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    I'm for this ... I'm also for a shorter campaign something I thought would be good would be 4 hour campaigns, imagine the ability to say ok let's meet at 6pm for a campaign

You can either go in as one faction with your guild or even create a guild event where the guild enters as all 3 factions ...

You have 4 hours then to push emp and rack points to gain rewards ... After 4 hours the server gets a 30 minutes cool down where it resets to neutral to start all again

Interesting format. But I would disable emp on such a campaign.
    4 hours is simply too short a campaign to have an OP player running around wrecking havoc. Also it's pretty obvious alot of people will abuse that campaign just to get the emp title.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • budrow
    budrow
    ✭✭✭
    Last night the vivec emp with he name of the current US president 12 hours into emperorship, is running around with a different alliance going for scrolls I believe. What's that all about? Boosting with guild mates?
    l PaleAle l
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    SugaComa wrote: »

Interesting format. But I would disable emp on such a campaign.
    4 hours is simply too short a campaign to have an OP player running around wrecking havoc. Also it's pretty obvious alot of people will abuse that campaign just to get the emp title.

I wouldn't disable emp ... I'd maybe reduce some of the Emps buffs ... I don't see it being abused any more than current abuse ... Difference is with a reset it allows someone else who's willing to put in the effort get a chance at emp ...

Current emp is rediculous ... I've seen players be on 48 hours straight to get first place but had not enough help to get emp , then they've gone off only to be overtaken and by such high scores they can't get 1st place back with out commuting another 48 hours solid play time and in that time cos the other players been crowned emp not only are they now reliant on other teams over throwing the emp, they've to over take the emp in points

Everything is designed so only people account sharing or putting in unhealthy hours can claim it

This brings a better balance between real.life and playtime as well as creating a more structured PvP game where it's actually PvP and not PvOPGuards

TLDR; Emp is currently about trying to beat your own faction players, shorter campaigns will make it more about factions working together to crown an emp against the other factions.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    budrow wrote: »
    Last night the vivec emp with he name of the current US president 12 hours into emperorship, is running around with a different alliance going for scrolls I believe. What's that all about? Boosting with guild mates?

Emp in shor for AD on EU ps4 is doing similar

He's boosted his points to double that of every other players ... I run with 5 of those in top 10

And they've put some serious hours in we had pretty much the whole map yellow, reds were pushing hard for emp and having struggled to hold our last keep we needed a break so went to do white gold tower to get a Friend the helm while others went for food ...

About 30 minutes later red Emp abdicated and yellow emp recrowned very shortly after

With emp now on outside we thought a push for some s rolls would be good

During the siege the emp danced during the battle with the reds he danced, when we died he danced when we ran with the scroll he danced ... And while the reads built the wall over our dead bodies ... He danced and the reds never even made an attempt to kill them.

During the whole damn time he did nothing to help ... When he had emp before he did nothing to help his lead is so huge no one can catch him ... And he seems to be here just to help reds n blues boost Emps