The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

LOCK PVP CAMPAIGNS

stephbay123
stephbay123
✭✭✭
I am putting this request here in the hope that ZOS will take notice- laugh I know.

There is now too much cheating, spying and alliance jumping in PVP which was never there in such a large scale as before.

Yesterday I was playing in Daggerfall when the reds became full. Then yellow players started to attack keeps and villages at the opposite side of the map bypassing all keeps near them that were taken. I knew some of them and they were red players simply trying to block blues. What is the point in population caps when you can simply go in to another alliance and still help your own team?

There needs to be an alliance lock put back in campaigns- when you start a campaign or when it refreshes you choose what alliance you want to play and stick to it. I know some say they like to play in different alliances which is fine but if you want to then you should choose a different campaign for that character.

Cyro is hard enough to play with the lag and constant load screens and crashes without having it ruined by stupid spies and cheats when it does work properly.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But spies are a part of war
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lock PvP campaigns I leave the game
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree 100%, 1 alliance per campaign. But every time someone suggests it on here people kick off about playing with mates etc.

But there enough campaigns you could arrange that easy enough. Really don't get any of the counter arguments.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I agree 100%, 1 alliance per campaign. But every time someone suggests it on here people kick off about playing with mates etc.

But there enough campaigns you could arrange that easy enough. Really don't get any of the counter arguments.

Never had this issue. Cause inrl friends.

• Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

This was a huge problem for our guild but we remained strong and our members only represent the pact.

In the end, I think the only way for it to go in future is to lock campaigns for a whole campaign month. Spies will happen but it's the alliance hopping most of us can't stand.

Edited by Nermy on June 30, 2017 8:18AM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that you should only be allowed to fight for one alliance per campaign. At the start of each campaign you should pick which character to assign and which alliance then not be able to change until the end.

Right now on EU Vivic i see so many players switch to AD when they start taking over the whole map. Including many DC players i usually see as regulars are now running around with AD alts. It's completely ruined the campaign balance ever since it was changed.
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is so much other stuff broken in this game right now - fixing alliance jumping is not even on the list of things that requires attention any time soon.

Hopefully all the big releases coming up in the next 6 months will force ZOS to actually do something instead of sitting on their hands farting out Crown Crates.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lock campaigns when there is 1 campaign?

Nah.

A lot of people don't actually care about alliance scores and just play whatever faction will give them the best fights at the time.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking about this but I imagine it wouldn't do any good to stop the players with multiple accounts . Accounts are cheap and take a week to max out for people that never leave their PC . I imagine @ZOS_BrianWheeler thought of that too and just said the hell with it and opened it up for everyone .

The best advice is to promote your faction and organize as many as you can to stay on when those other players flip back and forth .
  • stephbay123
    stephbay123
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about this but I imagine it wouldn't do any good to stop the players with multiple accounts . Accounts are cheap and take a week to max out for people that never leave their PC . I imagine @ZOS_BrianWheeler thought of that too and just said the hell with it and opened it up for everyone .

The best advice is to promote your faction and organize as many as you can to stay on when those other players flip back and forth .

Agree- it is not the players that choose to play for different alliances and help whatever alliance they are on. It is the players that when their own alliance is pop-locked join a different alliance with the sole intention of working to help their own alliance. It is happening more and more and makes the campaigns pop lock a joke.
  • CaptainBeerDude
    CaptainBeerDude
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure most armies either drop spies down a hole, never to be seen again. Or they execute them.
    If there is going to be spies, there needs to be consequences if caught. You know, the whole risk vs. reward thing.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they do can I have your gold and mats?
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty sure most armies either drop spies down a hole, never to be seen again. Or they execute them.
    If there is going to be spies, there needs to be consequences if caught. You know, the whole risk vs. reward thing.

Oooo... That could be an awesome mini-game! though we'd have to have torture chambers constructed at our gates... >:)
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah join the German, Japanese and American armies and draw paychecks from all three. smh
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lock campaigns when there is 1 campaign?

Nah.

The high majority of people actually don't care about alliance scores and just play whatever faction will give them the best fights at the time.

Fixed
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Spying" lol. What is this, 2014?
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with locking alliance per campaign per campaign duration. At the start of each duration, you get to choose and play that for the duration. This should be an account level choice.

As a trade, you should be able to pick one as your home campaign and all other campaigns are open as guest with the same alliance restrictions. This way you are able to play with your friends from other alliances if you want, but again you can't switch once you start.

This would also let people not hate the alliance choice they made for PVE in PVP since you pick your "Alliance" for cyrodiil the first time you enter the campaign. For lore, you can just say you are a real spy now if you were, for instance, a Pact person but decided to side with the blue berries for the campaign.

Long live the Pact.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bye...

can I have you stuff
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Campaigns should be locked. Add a combo of 7, 14, 21, 30 day campaigns if necessary. I've played since beta and it feels like the alliance switching within same campaign seems to have gotten worse amongst more veteran players who are either bored, have guilds & friends in multiple alliances, and/or trying to max ap on alt toons and don't really care to 'win" the actual campaign they are in atm. Zone chat reflects this. New ESO players coming in are drawn into this futile environment. They either go along with it or quit pvp out of frustration that they aren't competing on a level playing field.

A game's integrity is compromised by allowing a player to switch teams in the middle of a battle or sporting match.
    Edited by keto3000 on July 27, 2017 1:13PM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Kay1
    Kay1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirella wrote: »
    "Spying" lol. What is this, 2014?

Right, they are the typical nerds who never get out of their room and think everything is a conspiracy including this game :joy:
    K1 The Big Monkey
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you people for real stop with the "muh faithfull alliance".....it´s cringy af...
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree

1 alliance character per campaign

I'm sick of the alliance hopping and subsequent cheating and exploitation that results of it.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since a great many serious players have multiple accounts the spying issue to suport locking campaigns is moot.

Locking campaigns, how does that stop cheating.

It seems Zos removed the campaign lock when they reduced the number of campaigns available. Outside of this event there isn't much choice. No choice for non-CP. do not see the lock returning.

• Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this totally - Zos can make it work. If you want to switch to play on another alliance - you play on a different campaign. Zos can add extra campaigns to accommodate this.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't decide should I give insightful or awesome... maybe I should just agree. ;)
    Edited by Tasear on July 27, 2017 2:42PM
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, it needs to happen.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lock 'em. Srs players who are ~determined to have hte good fights~ can just get on their alt accounts and play other factions from those.

Don't restrict guest campaigns, though. That way people can still play their alts if they like, but they can't get the campaign rewards, etc, on those alts. If it's all about ~hte good fights~ and per-character AP, that stuff shouldn't matter, right? :trollface:
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :::shrugs::: All my toons are EP, I couldn't spy even if I wanted too. Honestly I don't think play of this type helps out anyone and only HELPS the alliance you switch to by boosting their score. I don't see this as a problem honestly.