Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

should you report someone who payed another player to do vet maelstrom for them?

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People been selling VMA runs on xbox for ages you can get someone to run VMA for you for as little as 9 $ up to 25$.This isn't even the worst thing you can pay for on xbox.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess if he wanted that stormproof title, whatever, if he ever wants weapons, hes gonna learn to git gud or keep paying someone money everytime he wants to try and get a weapon

btw, u ever tell that fellow to git gud?
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone can do VMA. There's no need to pay for it. Just put in the work and it will come.

There can be no sense of satisfaction if someone else runs it for you.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frozen-let-it-go-meme.jpg
    (snitches get stitches)
    Edited by Mureel on September 15, 2017 11:48AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how many people on here are ok with an - albeit mild - form of cheating. It's not surprising though given the fate most whistleblowers share in this world.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    It's amazing how many people on here are ok with an - albeit mild - form of cheating. It's not surprising though given the fate most whistleblowers share in this 2.

It's amazing that you don't understand that ZOS will do pretty much nothing about it, you'll never know if they do or not, and there are bigger fish to fry.

I don't see people saying they're ok with it.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how many people on here are ok with an - albeit mild - form of cheating. It's not surprising though given the fate most whistleblowers share in this world.
    ESO has a very strange culture in this regard. It doesn't quite have the same community stance I have seen in other MMO games, whether this is because of the console play mindset here or just the different crowed ESO has pulled in.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Infinite12 if you want to be swayed by all of the people here that support cheating feel free. Though I think you already knew what you should do when you asked the question.
    Edited by Belegnole on September 15, 2017 2:33PM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    It's amazing how many people on here are ok with an - albeit mild - form of cheating. It's not surprising though given the fate most whistleblowers share in this 2.

It's amazing that you don't understand that ZOS will do pretty much nothing about it, you'll never know if they do or not, and there are bigger fish to fry.

Sure. That's why OP gets permanently called a rat and a snitch in this thread. Which he isn't if the action he wanted to report is against the rules. Whether they are enforced or not is of no consequence.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hear a dog barking outside my house

Should I call the police?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends, is the dog there illegally? Is it a breed restricted in your area? Is it a stray? Is it barking because it's attacking people?

Come on, stop condoning cheating and breaking the rules with stupid analogies.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Blacksmoke
    Blacksmoke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That depends.. if its like a friend that comes over or you go to them I see no problem but paying someone you dont know to do it.. I dont know I think its more of a moral problem then a legal onr
    Champion point: 645
    Characters
    Ganlian Stormian - AD - Dungeon healer - Templar - Crafter
    Ondaril Stormian - AD - Trail DPS - Sorcerer
    Shagrod gro-Bolmog - AD - PVP - Dragonknight
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    I know of someone who payed another person to log into their profile and complete vet maelstrom for them. Should I report this person? If so, how do I report this person?

Snitches get stitches
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blacksmoke wrote: »
    That depends.. if its like a friend that comes over or you go to them I see no problem but paying someone you dont know to do it.. I dont know I think its more of a moral problem then a legal onr
    It is illegal though, as both letting someone log into your account and paying real money for services are against the ToS. If ZOS had proof of this it would most likely be a ban.
    Edited by Turelus on September 15, 2017 12:39PM
  • tommalmm
    tommalmm
    ✭✭✭
    Account sharing is against TOS. So no easy way around it on PC (not that anyone would care and do anything about it). On PS4, though, it's a whole different story. It's an advertised feature, that Sony encourages to use. Sure, you can take controls only for an hour at a time (though you can immediately request another session), but it so happens to be the time needed for a mediocre run :D.

But, seriously, how much is such a vMA run worth? Trial carry is 2-6 mil, I've heard, vMA is often about the same time or faster (if done by an experienced player) and involves only one person, so I guess lower... Unless you mean real life money?

The funny thing is that people in his/her guild WILL know about it. I mean, if someone scores say 570k points all of a sudden, with no prior or further runs, it's kind of fishy.

Still, it's relatively harmless. Do you feel worse, that someone has the same title/achievement as you do? Or maybe you don't have it and would want to? Personally, I don't mind. It doesn't really change anything. I wouldn't ever pay (either in game or irl) for these kind of runs - there is no fun in it, but if a friend asked me to do it for them, I would gladly help, while having a beer and spending good time together.
    Edited by tommalmm on September 15, 2017 1:08PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly? No.

If the content is so unfun that people would, and this is the only case where I've heard of this happening, you have bigger issues.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Depends, is the dog there illegally? Is it a breed restricted in your area? Is it a stray? Is it barking because it's attacking people?

Who gives a *** if it's a breed restricted from your area. Do you condone breed specific legislation? It's not really far off from condoning racism.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Who gives a *** if it's a breed restricted from your area. Do you condone breed specific legislation? It's not really far off from condoning racism.
    You're right, because I agree people can't legally own a tiger wolf I am racist. :smirk:

*Edit to stay on a canine theme, don't want to bring Khajiit into the debate.
    Edited by Turelus on September 15, 2017 1:44PM
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know of someone who payed another person to log into their profile and complete vet maelstrom for them. Should I report this person? If so, how do I report this person?

Now your taking the whole gimme gimme to another level. They paid somebody else to complete something who cares.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its weak, but reporting it may be futile considering the shareplay complications.

Its probably more apropriate to remind this person and their friends what a phony they are

anigif_enhanced-32323-1405984312-4.gif

...but don't go overboard
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now your taking the whole gimme gimme to another level. They paid somebody else to complete something who cares.
    It depends how it was done. Paying gold to be carried is fine, no rules are broken.
    Paying someone to use your account with gold is breach of account sharing ToS.
    Paying someone with real money to use your account is breach of account sharing and sale of services for real money.

Whilst you may not feel this effects your game the entire point of rules like this is for security and not to undermine the games competitive edge, it shouldn't be hand waved away.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snitches get st... oh ... I see that's been covered already.

Seriously though, no one likes a Salcedo.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just why even come in here? Get your OWN moral compass and do what you think is right.

I personally knew a healer who did that alll the time, and then WORE THAT FLAWLESS TITLE SO PROUDLY AND POINT IT OUT EVERY RAID! She was the biggest twunt EVER.

Finally I was all STFU - we both know who got you that, and if you don't can it, so will everyone else!
    Edited by Mureel on September 15, 2017 2:11PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just why even come in here? Get your OWN moral compass and do what you think is right.

I personally knew a healer who did that alll the time, and then WORE THAT FLAWLESS TITLE SO PROUDLY AND POINT IT OUT EVERY RAID! She was the biggest twunt EVER.

Finally I was all STFU - we both know who got you that, and if you don't can it, so will everyone else!

"Twunt"

+1
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Sure. That's why OP gets permanently called a rat and a snitch in this thread. Which he isn't if the action he wanted to report is against the rules. Whether they are enforced or not is of no consequence.

Why you arguing with me? IDGAF and think Maelstrom is Moontarded and don't care if someone wants to pay to make that grind less hell.

I personally will never do it again. I have too much Real Life and Game stuff to be spending time on that.

I think people should have their own spines and moral compass.
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭

No offence, but does it have to do with the fact that A- you didn't have anyone to do it for you and some kinda jealousy? or B- You know noone that actualy can do it now for you? I did it for my RL friend the other day as we were enjoying a nice pizza and beer and his damn dog farting behind us... should i report msyelf? :S
    Edited by Insandros on September 15, 2017 2:21PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insandros wrote: »

No offence, but does it have to do with the fact that A- you didn't have anyone to do it for you and some kinda jealousy? or B- You know noone that actualy can do it now for you? I did it for my friend the other as we were enjoying a nice pizza and beer and his damn dog farting behind us... should i report msyelf? :S
    It could always be C - they broke ToS.

Also the next time I see anyone who says "Oh this is fine" whine about AP trading and the like I'm linking this thread. Cheating is cool as long as it doesn't effect you right? :trollface:
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

No offence, but does it have to do with the fact that A- you didn't have anyone to do it for you and some kinda jealousy? or B- You know noone that actualy can do it now for you? I did it for my friend the other as we were enjoying a nice pizza and beer and his damn dog farting behind us... should i report msyelf? :S

Also the next time I see anyone who says "Oh this is fine" whine about AP trading and the like I'm linking this thread. Cheating is cool as long as it doesn't effect you right? :trollface:

No. Cheating is bad and should be reported if you can prove it and it negatively effects others. This case 1) cannot be proven and 2) does not harm anyone in any way.

Regardless, it's still a rat move. Doesn't mean it's wrong, but why rat when you have absolutely nothing to gain? You guys need to watch The Wire or Narcos and for a tutorial on the correct times to rat, which is essentially only when your life (or in this case game experience) is being threatened.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. Cheating is bad and should be reported if you can prove it and it negatively effects others. This case 1) cannot be proven and 2) does not harm anyone in any way.

Regardless, it's still a rat move. Doesn't mean it's wrong, but why rat when you have absolutely nothing to gain? You guys need to watch The Wire or Narcos and for a tutorial on the correct times to rat, which is essentially only when your life (or in this case game experience) is being threatened.
    It depends, for many it devalues things which many appreciate.
    It was fine for everyone to cheat to gain gran overlord right? It's just a title and didn't effect anyone?

Is this issue here breaking the game to the ground? No. Should we condone breaks of ToS because they don't effect us? Also no.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No harm in it...but even thinking about it...you're just an awful person!
This discussion has been closed.