The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

should you report someone who payed another player to do vet maelstrom for them?

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody likes snitches
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    Krayzie wrote: »
    Someone broke the rule? Just report them, you are not snitch, you are fulfilling your civic duty to prevent more rule breaking. Reporting person costs you max one minute, so what's the problem?

That's incorrect, if you tell on someone, you are 100% indefinitely a snitch.

Who cares about being a snitch? I don't know you, nor do I hold any particular allegiance to you. Similarly, OP doesn't owe anybody anything. What is this, the Sopranos? If nobody reported crimes, how safe would you actually feel in the world?
    I think you need to stop watching so many gang/mob movies and join us in adulthood.

There are real world consequences of being a "snitch"...why do you think they have laws protecting whistle blowers?

Please. Point me to anyone who would assassinate a person for telling ZOS someone violated the TOS. You're being a drama queen.

Lol...If you think this is drama...wait till you get to high school...

I'm looking forward to high school. Although I have to admit these last three years in grade 5 have been the best years of my life.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with snitches, but seriously, save your snitching for something worthy of your time (unless you have an ulterior motive against this person). To all those snitch-bashing posters - live in fear, we will snitch on you and you will pay for your evil ways!!!! :D
  • Chronicburn
    Chronicburn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snitches get stitches where I grew up ....
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feminism
    Edited by Ihatenightblades on September 16, 2017 6:11AM
  • chris25602
    chris25602
    ✭✭✭
    aww *** caring about other peoples *** before their own...if you really cared you'd b able to deal with it with friends
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chris25602 wrote: »
    aww *** caring about other peoples *** before their own...if you really cared you'd b able to deal with it with friends
    But... it is our own, people are cheating in the game we all play which makes it all of our *** (I just wrote three stars because I don't know what word you used.)

Banana wrote: »
    Nobody likes snitches
    Funny, people seemed to like to like them when at AP farm, bank dupe exploit, survey exploit, mundas exploit and many other issues happened.
    If we're all going to stop "snitching" we can kiss any last chances of this game having a fair playing field goodbye.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    I know of someone who payed another person to log into their profile and complete vet maelstrom for them. Should I report this person? If so, how do I report this person?

382111-rat.jpg

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    But... it is our own, people are cheating in the game we all play which makes it all of our *** (I just wrote three stars because I don't know what word you used.)

Nobody likes snitches
    Funny, people seemed to like to like them when at AP farm, bank dupe exploit, survey exploit, mundas exploit and many other issues happened.
    If we're all going to stop "snitching" we can kiss any last chances of this game having a fair playing field goodbye.

Thats true.
    I'm surprised so many people here support buying vMA runs... Yeah, vMA runs dont mean much these days, but those people who want to "pay to win" also buy gold and items, which is much worse for the game because that stuff is supplied by botters.
    "Pay to win" and "exploit when you can" mentality is just wrong.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on September 16, 2017 8:31AM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    How can it be proved? It's legal to log in from different locations. So just having a different ip address is not enough.

So if said person plays lives in California and then an hour later there buddy in NY get on there account having a different IP address is not enough? Or what if they live in a different country and they log on to their friend's account within an hour or even less? Still not having a different IP address not good enough?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can it be proved? It's legal to log in from different locations. So just having a different ip address is not enough.

So if said person plays lives in California and then an hour later there buddy in NY get on there account having a different IP address is not enough? Or what if they live in a different country and they log on to their friend's account within an hour or even less? Still not having a different IP address not good enough?
    Be aware that ZOS also records the hardware used to log in, not just IP.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last I knew account sharing was against TOS but even so I'm sure it won't make there game play better just having a new wepon
    Edited by Unfadingsilence on September 16, 2017 9:08AM
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last I knew account sharing was against TOS but even so I'm sure it won't make there game play better just having a new wepon

Sooooooo many rats in here, am I the only one that doesn't care?

Splinter-cover-photo.jpg?w=1140
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »

I would guess because you've confirmed before you pay gold for runs, so you're more inclined to be accepting of others paying for runs.

Again though the issue here is about account sharing and potential RMT.

• Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody likes snitches

Thats true.
    I'm surprised so many people here support buying vMA runs... Yeah, vMA runs dont mean much these days, but those people who want to "pay to win" also buy gold and items, which is much worse for the game because that stuff is supplied by botters.
    "Pay to win" and "exploit when you can" mentality is just wrong.

Yeah this instant gratification mentality is sickening... How can those players be proud about something ever again?
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody likes snitches

I do. :)
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »

I would guess because you've confirmed before you pay gold for runs, so you're more inclined to be accepting of others paying for runs.

Again though the issue here is about account sharing and potential RMT.

I charge gold for carrying people through runs, and that does not break TOS. In all honesty if someone is paying someone else for running 2 year old content for them I could care less. Regardless of what weapon they get/need, at the end of the day they will still be bad players unable to complete extremely old/easy content.
    Edited by Shadzilla on September 16, 2017 10:17AM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this thread's golden.

In theory I'd agree with @Turelus , and the pro-snitching crowd here. In theory. And in general.

But... for something as trivial as that ? Come on guys... ??? Really, who cares ?

If someone pays someone else to get "Master Angler" (for the fishing vessel)... what would you think ?
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone pays someone else to get "Master Angler" (for the fishing vessel)... what would you think ?

Why pay someone to skip playing the game you've paid for... Thats the question.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this thread's golden.

In theory I'd agree with @Turelus , and the pro-snitching crowd here. In theory. And in general.

But... for something as trivial as that ? Come on guys... ??? Really, who cares ?

If they paid real money, I would be just as annoyed. I don't care what it's for RMT is RMT.

If they let the person log into their account to do it. Against ToS, not as stuck up about it but we shouldn't endorse or encourage it.

If they paid gold to have a fishing party, whatever that's sandbox gaming and good business.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why pay someone to skip playing the game you've paid for... Thats the question.

There we agree. That kind of behaviour in my humble opinion is more idiotic than dishonest or harmful. That's why I wouldn't bother reporting it.
    I don't care what it's for RMT is RMT.

I'm not sure RMT is harming the game that badly. Again, buying an ingame service for real money is just idiotic if anything. I know there are people who do, I know there is a market for that kind of things, and people making a living (or some extra coin) out of it. As long as botting isn't involved, I believe RMT in a game like ESO to be a marginal thing that doesn't affect the game too much - nor its economy.

Back in the "big days" of VMA, when stormproof and flawless actually meant something and were required by most high end progression guilds for admission of new members, there was also a wave of "hacked accounts" among one of my my ingame social circles. Frankly I was LMAO while they were raging. It was pretty obvious that some guy had offered them all to complete "Flawless" for them for real money, got their login info and ran off with all their stuff :D . You can't prevent people from cheating and there's always a bigger cheater out there xD.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 16, 2017 10:34AM
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how would you prove it, if I went to a friends house for example I might log in on their PC to play if they were into ESO too, paying outside the game is impossible to prove and paying with gold is legit and not a bannable offence.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care what it's for RMT is RMT.

I'm not sure RMT is harming the game that badly. Again, buying an ingame service for real money is just idiotic if anything. I know there are people who do, I know there is a market for that kind of things, and people making a living (or some extra coin) out of it. As long as botting isn't involved, I believe RMT in a game like ESO to be a marginal thing that doesn't affect the game too much - nor its economy.
    The problem is, as stated earlier in the thread it's basically Pay2Win but no one cares because ZOS aren't doing it.
    There's also the fact that whilst you might be fine with friends making some money on the side doing it but not organised botters you shouldn't be making edge cases that suit those you know.
    It's either against the rules or it's not.

You won't find much bending from me on this as I have a very strong stance against RMT/Cheats/Exploits. :sweat_smile:
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you should just become the person who gets paid to complete vet MA by other players! Right?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't find much bending from me on this as I have a very strong stance against RMT/Cheats/Exploits. :sweat_smile:

That's where we differ : I don't really care if it's about ESO (or any game for that matter).
    But when it comes to real life / real world crime or whatever kind of dishonesty - I share your views entirely.

• clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, because they can use the excuse that they were on a VPN which allows your IP address to be from anywhere in the world without moving. Sometimes I actually use a VPN for ESO when there is a *** node around my location that causes huge packet loss or lag, and i need to reroute the connection.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    I know of someone who payed another person to log into their profile and complete vet maelstrom for them. Should I report this person? If so, how do I report this person?

No. You should, however, grow up and get a life.
  • ZOS_MattL
    ZOS_MattL
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there,
    We have decided to close this thread as it has become off topic and inflammatory. In the future when discussing topisc be sure to do so civilly.
    Thanks,
    Matt
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.