The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

should you report someone who payed another player to do vet maelstrom for them?

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    slippery-slope.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Regarding account sharing and PS4, it comes down to the infrastructure in place and who's on the hook if something goes wrong. Unless I'm mistaken (I play PC only, and have no consoles to worry with), the account sharing is facilitated by PSN, not ZOS. They ostensibly have controls on it and plans in place if something goes wrong. If something does go wrong, you go to them.

On the other platforms, they don't have this in place, and ZOS doesn't want to facilitate or back it up, or be on the hook if something goes wrong. So they've forbidden it in their terms, unless you're using a system already in place (PS4's account sharing). Whether you think it's fair or right is irrelevant. If you use their service, you agree to the terms they put in place, which they can enforce as they see fit. If you don't agree, don't use their service. If you violate because you don't agree, or something goes wrong and your friend steals your account or deletes your characters, don't complain about the resulting disciplinary action or beg them to fix it.
    Edited by BrightOblivion on September 15, 2017 8:51PM
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »
    Someone broke the rule? Just report them, you are not snitch, you are fulfilling your civic duty to prevent more rule breaking. Reporting person costs you max one minute, so what's the problem?

That's incorrect, if you tell on someone, you are 100% indefinitely a snitch.

Who cares about being a snitch? I don't know you, nor do I hold any particular allegiance to you. Similarly, OP doesn't owe anybody anything. What is this, the Sopranos? If nobody reported crimes, how safe would you actually feel in the world?
    I think you need to stop watching so many gang/mob movies and join us in adulthood.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me... the dilemma would lie in how, if I were the OP, he acquired this info...

If I were told in confidence about this...then I would have a really hard time with outing the guy/gal...

And...if I just heard it in passing...I don't see how it could be proven...or if the OP even knows that it happened for sure

So...if I were I wouldn't stress it...and just play your game...remember in the end it is only a game...
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    Someone broke the rule? Just report them, you are not snitch, you are fulfilling your civic duty to prevent more rule breaking. Reporting person costs you max one minute, so what's the problem?

Who cares about being a snitch? I don't know you, nor do I hold any particular allegiance to you. Similarly, OP doesn't owe anybody anything. What is this, the Sopranos? If nobody reported crimes, how safe would you actually feel in the world?
    I think you need to stop watching so many gang/mob movies and join us in adulthood.

There are real world consequences of being a "snitch"...why do you think they have laws protecting whistle blowers?
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »

There are real world consequences of being a "snitch"...why do you think they have laws protecting whistle blowers?

Please. Point me to anyone who would assassinate a person for telling ZOS someone violated the TOS. You're being a drama queen.
  • Sinthrax
    Sinthrax
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why we have drug dealers in our neighborhoods. People can't even do the right thing in a game. That drug dealer isnt affecting you either if you not buying drugs..but he sure is messing alot of other people up.

Cheating is not healthy for a game. If we allow it they might was well let the Asian farmer back in and we can just pay them.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please. Point me to anyone who would assassinate a person for telling ZOS someone violated the TOS. You're being a drama queen.

Lol...If you think this is drama...wait till you get to high school...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From this thread it seems like many people are still there. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So edgy of you. Passive aggressively calling others children in a videogame forum because they hurt your wittle feelwings.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So edgy of you. Passive aggressively calling others children in a videogame forum because they hurt your wittle feelwings.

I guess a child would consider it edgy...but i wouldn't know...
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

There are some really deranged individuals in this world. This guy for instance in EVE Online.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess a child would consider it edgy...but i wouldn't know...

P.S. I've got news for you Walter Cronkite, drama does not disappear once you leave high school...even if you're living the life of a neckbeard in some basement, because you still encounter it online (as made obvious by this exchange).

Edited by AlMcFly on September 15, 2017 10:10PM
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It is illegal though, as both letting someone log into your account and paying real money for services are against the ToS. If ZOS had proof of this it would most likely be a ban.

it is not illegal, this is the thing, illegal means against the law, ZoS don't make laws they make rules in a video game.

the term would be prohibited act or violating game policy etc.

I'd only grass them in if I hated the person, otherwise why bother, you are causing trouble for no reason.

Edited by SquareSausage on September 15, 2017 10:14PM
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The anti-snitching code/mentality is how people with power over you (whether gangsters or politicians) avoid consequences for their acts at the expense of you and others.

The movies "The Departed" and "Rock n Rolla" covered this pretty well if pop culture is where you find your ethical standards.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The anti-snitching code/mentality is how people with power over you (whether gangsters or politicians) avoid consequences for their acts at the expense of you and others.

The movies "The Departed" and "Rock n Rolla" covered this pretty well if pop culture is where you find your ethical standards.

Movies are also responsible for giving the general public a glaring misconception that witness protection programs don't work. In reality, it's been almost foolproof since its inception.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/16/justice/witness-protection-program/index.html

Quote: "More than 18,400 men, women and children have participated in it, and not one of the 8,500 witnesses or the 9,900 family members has been harmed, according to the U.S Marshals Service."

You people are sheep eating anything Hollywood feeds you.

Edited by AlMcFly on September 15, 2017 10:22PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    41571318.jpg
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Movies are also responsible for giving the general public a glaring misconception that witness protection programs don't work. In reality, it's been almost foolproof since its inception.

Quote: "More than 18,400 men, women and children have participated in it, and not one of the 8,500 witnesses or the 9,900 family members has been harmed, according to the U.S Marshals Service."

@AlMcFly M-muh sheep xdddd
    m-muh high horse

muh snitches

muh inb4 locks
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

muh inb4 locks

What? I think you have time, probably all weekend before someone from ZOS (@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom) locks this thread.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you don't care that's you, doesn't mean they're not a snitch lol

The real question is, who cares if someone paid someone else to run vma for them and how did it affect someone to the point where they have to come to forums to ask permission to report said person.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My point of view is that if what they did doesn't affect other players, then I don't care about it.
    Now, I'm strongly against botting because it affects other players in a few different ways, but this isn't botting. It's just one person being lazy in a way that affects no one. I personally wouldn't pay anyone to play my character (don't want ANYONE touching my characters!), but if someone else does it because they want the lazy way to get achievements, it's not my business. If ZOS wants to make it their business, then that's up to them.
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    I know of someone who payed another person to log into their profile and complete vet maelstrom for them. Should I report this person? If so, how do I report this person?

Now your taking the whole gimme gimme to another level. They paid somebody else to complete something who cares.
    It depends how it was done. Paying gold to be carried is fine, no rules are broken.
    Paying someone to use your account with gold is breach of account sharing ToS.
    Paying someone with real money to use your account is breach of account sharing and sale of services for real money.

Whilst you may not feel this effects your game the entire point of rules like this is for security and not to undermine the games competitive edge, it shouldn't be hand waved away.

Is a guy runing vMA on his GF account and she's paying him in nature at night on the pillow a break of rules and conduct of ToS? ;)
    Edited by Insandros on September 15, 2017 10:52PM
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Them rats though...

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ii-the-secret-of-the-ooze-tmnt-splinter-tgri-600x300.jpg

2 awesomes? WTF GG GUISE. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 : Secret Of The Ooze, go watch it and gitgud.
    Edited by Shadzilla on September 15, 2017 10:55PM
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not for or against someone finishing VMA for another player. I see it as no different as someone paying for carries such as Vet Trials and Skyreach.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not for or against someone finishing VMA for another player. I see it as no different as someone paying for carries such as Vet Trials and Skyreach.
    The difference is that in this case it was account sharing and potential RMT through payment of real money. Which is against ToS.

It's not about what it was but about how it was done. That's the point people seem to be missing here.

Edited by Turelus on September 15, 2017 11:07PM
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear - for those of you that still somehow don't know this:
    Account sharing is not allowed according to ESO policies.

That being said, it's really hard to prove it, and I really don't see a reason to do so.

The only thing gained by it is a stupid title and an even more stupid polymorph.

The person that did it gained only bragging rights, which actually only backfire if it is known that is not earned in a legit way.

That person is missing out on the most important thing vMA has to offer:
    Player skill improvement
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference is that in this case it was account sharing and potential RMT through payment of real money. Which is against ToS.

It's not about what it was but about how it was done. That's the point people seem to be missing here.

I get it, but I highly doubt the OP was thinking in terms of TOS when wanting to report this transaction.
  • PurpleDrank
    PurpleDrank
    ✭✭✭
    What's wrong with being a snitch? For the right amount of money I'd sell the lot of you down the river. I'd make stuff up if I had to.
  • Ardan147
    Ardan147
    ✭✭✭✭
    If a player pays someone else to do vMA for them, then they are cheating.

Although actually proving it is another matter entirely.
    This creature called a songbird. What a devious creation! This winged nuisance erodes sanity with its incessant chirping. What a brilliant form of torture!
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I had any friends that played ESO i'd have done it by now lol.
This discussion has been closed.