Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

should you report someone who payed another player to do vet maelstrom for them?

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It is illegal though, as both letting someone log into your account and paying real money for services are against the ToS. If ZOS had proof of this it would most likely be a ban.
    You're confusing "illegal" with "being against the rules of the game."
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    People been selling VMA runs on xbox for ages you can get someone to run VMA for you for as little as 9 $ up to 25$.This isn't even the worst thing you can pay for on xbox.

Right?

@Feanor you can't say this is cheating because 1/3 of the player base has PS4 share play which ZoS has already confirmed is a usable feature and not banable. Therefore, this is blatantly not cheating. Account sharing is still against TOS but something that's allowed on 1/3 of platforms can't be considered cheating on the other 2/3. That's like console players insisting addons are cheating because only PC has them.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 15, 2017 2:52PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It is illegal though, as both letting someone log into your account and paying real money for services are against the ToS. If ZOS had proof of this it would most likely be a ban.
    Really... We're so out of the main debate subjects we're going to debate words used? :disappointed:

Lexxypwns wrote: »
    People been selling VMA runs on xbox for ages you can get someone to run VMA for you for as little as 9 $ up to 25$.This isn't even the worst thing you can pay for on xbox.

Right?

Feanor you can't say this is cheating because 1/3 of the player base has PS4 share play which ZoS has already confirmed is a usable feature and not banable. Therefore, this is blatantly not cheating. Account sharing is still against TOS but something that's allowed on 1/3 of platforms can't be considered cheating on the other 2/3. That's like console players insisting addons are cheating because only PC has them.
    That depends. If real money was exchanged it's still RMT and a much more serious breach of ToS.
    Regardless it's not something we as a community should be condoning and encouraging if we want the game to remain fair and cheat free.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have a really weird view of what constitutes "account sharing." To me, account sharing is if someone lets another person create characters on your account so they don't have to buy their own game. Just letting someone use your character for 20 minutes is not account sharing, in my opinion. If I let my niece play my character for five minutes, is that account sharing? How long before it becomes account sharing? Ten minutes? Fifteen minutes? Half hour? Four days? I guess that would be a whole other thread discussion.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MakoFore wrote: »
    . ever play a game with your girlfriend- and she cant pass a stage and she passes you the controller so you can do it for her?

no but i (a female) would have to complete the hard content for my ex (a male) all the time
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have a really weird view of what constitutes "account sharing." To me, account sharing is if someone lets another person create characters on your account so they don't have to buy their own game. Just letting someone use your character for 20 minutes is not account sharing, in my opinion. If I let my niece play my character for five minutes, is that account sharing? How long before it becomes account sharing? Ten minutes? Fifteen minutes? Half hour? Four days? I guess that would be a whole other thread discussion.
    Normally it's under the grounds of letting someone outside of your place of residence log in.

A friend comes over and wants a go on the game, or has a character on your account and plays at your house (without knowing the password) wouldn't really cause many MMO companies to care.

However once you start giving online friends or friends you meet in game access to the account is when problems arise. ZOS (and most MMO companies) don't want to deal with the fallout when you upset you friend and they go delete your characters or steal your stuff.

Also I go back to my point earlier where if the person you share with goes and does something which nets them a ban, if your account is linked to their IP there is a chance you're going to get the ban as well. This has happened often in another MMO I have played where account sharing was common.

"Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    I hear a dog barking outside my house

Should I call the police?
    Depends, is the dog there illegally? Is it a breed restricted in your area? Is it a stray? Is it barking because it's attacking people?

Come on, stop condoning cheating and breaking the rules with stupid analogies.

Who gives a *** if it's a breed restricted from your area. Do you condone breed specific legislation? It's not really far off from condoning racism.
    You're right, because I agree people can't legally own a tiger wolf I am racist. :smirk:

*Edit to stay on a canine theme, don't want to bring Khajiit into the debate.

ddd.jpg
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't even see the problem. It's account sharing, sure. But why should you support a rule that only serves the purpose to sell more copies?
    Edited by FakeFox on September 15, 2017 3:07PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right?

@Feanor you can't say this is cheating because 1/3 of the player base has PS4 share play which ZoS has already confirmed is a usable feature and not banable. Therefore, this is blatantly not cheating. Account sharing is still against TOS but something that's allowed on 1/3 of platforms can't be considered cheating on the other 2/3. That's like console players insisting addons are cheating because only PC has them.
    The ESO xbox black market man is crazy they sell stuff I would never think of selling.A good chunk of it is ran by 1 person which is really insane.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I don't even see the problem. Maybe it's not allowed in the EULA or something, but I personally don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.
    In regards to account sharing for my reasons mentioned above.
    Most games will ban this (but not actively hunt players for it) as a way of protecting them against people who share accounts and have falling outs.
    Also should they ban all accounts linked to an IP/Location/System they will accidentally ban innocent people if sharing has happened.

As for paying for this. If it's done with real money then it's letting someone make profits off their IP which most companies don't tend to like. As well as helping to break the competitive side of the game for those that care about it.

Right?

Feanor you can't say this is cheating because 1/3 of the player base has PS4 share play which ZoS has already confirmed is a usable feature and not banable. Therefore, this is blatantly not cheating. Account sharing is still against TOS but something that's allowed on 1/3 of platforms can't be considered cheating on the other 2/3. That's like console players insisting addons are cheating because only PC has them.
    The ESO xbox black market man is crazy they sell stuff I would never think of selling.A good chunk of it is ran by 1 person which is really insane.
    Have you ever reported said person to shut it down?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Right?

Truth. I got asked before. When I said no I felt like the girl on Growing Pains who didn't do coke in the bathroom.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    just walk away, their cheating has no real effects on you. Just walk away and mind your own affairs
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I don't even see the problem. Maybe it's not allowed in the EULA or something, but I personally don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.
    In regards to account sharing for my reasons mentioned above.
    Most games will ban this (but not actively hunt players for it) as a way of protecting them against people who share accounts and have falling outs.
    Also should they ban all accounts linked to an IP/Location/System they will accidentally ban innocent people if sharing has happened.

As for paying for this. If it's done with real money then it's letting someone make profits off their IP which most companies don't tend to like. As well as helping to break the competitive side of the game for those that care about it.

Right?

Have you ever reported said person to shut it down?
    Nah not trying get black balled from the trader and other xbox communities.Plus that person has multiple accounts won't matter.

It doesn't affect me I don't buy from it I just know about it only people who can stop it similar to the bot problem is ZOS.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah not trying get black balled from the trader and other xbox communities.Plus that person has multiple accounts won't matter.

It doesn't affect me I don't buy from it I just know about it only people who can stop it similar to the bot problem is ZOS.
    But they can't do that if we keep up this "snitches get stitches" and "I'm not a rat" mentality can we? Because they need us to supply them with the information on who is doing RMT when we have it.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really... We're so out of the main debate subjects we're going to debate words used? :disappointed:

Right?

That depends. If real money was exchanged it's still RMT and a much more serious breach of ToS.
    Regardless it's not something we as a community should be condoning and encouraging if we want the game to remain fair and cheat free.

RMT is 100% unprovable in situations like this. There's not even anything suspicious they could flag since a change in IP or geographical location can be faked.

I think it's a total witch hunt to go after anyone for account sharing UNLESS the accounts are directly linked to gold sales. The reason for this is because account sharing is essentially legal on one of our platforms.

Now I understand the TOS, but I also understand those things are put in place to cover the company from liability or involvement in the issues that can arise from account sharing.

But for now, something as simple as "I was having latency issues so I deciddd to try some weird troubleshooting and run through a proxy since I've tried everything else I can to improve performance, I realize it was a shot in the dark but I can assure nobody else has logged in to my account" is an adequate defense. Even though I don't believe any action should be hypothetically taken since, again, account sharing is legal on 1/3 of our platforms
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 15, 2017 3:23PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right?

RMT is 100% unprovable in situations like this. There's not even anything suspicious they could flag since a change in IP or geographical location can be faked.

I think it's a total witch hunt to go after anyone for account sharing UNLESS the accounts are directly linked to gold sales. The reason for this is because account sharing is essentially legal on one of our platforms.

Now I understand the TOS, but I also understand those things are put in place to cover the company from liability or involvement in the issues that can arise from account sharing.
    Sure, and I understand even if OP reported this something may not happen, however ZOS and other MMO companies have means of tracking things. CCP Games are fantastic at this and have caught many people out.

Most of my gripe here is the fact that we have so many people who seem to condone TOS breaks or worse refuse to help stop RMT but likely complain about unfair play etc.
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But they can't do that if we keep up this "snitches get stitches" and "I'm not a rat" mentality can we? Because they need us to supply them with the information on who is doing RMT when we have it.
    Yea but there no way to prove or track RMT anyway.So I'll be reporting someone to just report them.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea but there no way to prove or track RMT anyway.So I'll be reporting someone to just report them.
    They managed to track and ban people previously for it, I have even had stupid friends banned for it. So why not give it a go and see?
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insandros wrote: »
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    I know of someone who payed another person to log into their profile and complete vet maelstrom for them. Should I report this person? If so, how do I report this person?

No offence, but does it have to do with the fact that A- you didn't have anyone to do it for you and some kinda jealousy? or B- You know noone that actualy can do it now for you? I did it for my friend the other as we were enjoying a nice pizza and beer and his damn dog farting behind us... should i report msyelf? :S
    It could always be C - they broke ToS.

Also the next time I see anyone who says "Oh this is fine" whine about AP trading and the like I'm linking this thread. Cheating is cool as long as it doesn't effect you right? :trollface:

No. Cheating is bad and should be reported if you can prove it and it negatively effects others. This case 1) cannot be proven and 2) does not harm anyone in any way.

Regardless, it's still a rat move. Doesn't mean it's wrong, but why rat when you have absolutely nothing to gain? You guys need to watch The Wire or Narcos and for a tutorial on the correct times to rat, which is essentially only when your life (or in this case game experience) is being threatened.
    It depends, for many it devalues things which many appreciate.
    It was fine for everyone to cheat to gain gran overlord right? It's just a title and didn't effect anyone?

Is this issue here breaking the game to the ground? No. Should we condone breaks of ToS because they don't effect us? Also no.

Grinding Grand Overlord also gets you skill points.

To the OP I view this with the same degree of concern as animation cancelling.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am with Turelus on this one. I would quietly report it. Its likely nothing will ever come of it, but it is technically cheating and against ToS. I would put this kind of thing up there with botting/rubberbanding and various other exploits. I don't see how one is a morally higher ground than the other...

I mean where is the "Pay to Win" crowd on this topic? The player is paying to win on the most basic level.

If ZoS offered VMA clears in the crown store I can only imagine the disgust that would come out in the forums.
    Edited by kojou on September 15, 2017 4:33PM
    Playing since beta...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am with Turelus on this one. I would quietly report it. Its likely nothing will ever come of it, but it is technically cheating and against ToS. I would put this kind of thing up there with botting/rubberbanding and various other exploits. I don't see how one is a morally higher ground than the other...

I mean where is the "Pay to Win" crowd on this topic? The player is paying to win on the most basic level.

If ZoS offered VMA clears in the crown store I can only imagine the disgust that would come out in the forums.
    Heh, I didn't even think of it that way. That's a damn nice argument though and I am stealing it for future debates.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one cares.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comparing vMA clears by other players who are not the owners of the account to animation cancelling. These forums never cease to amaze.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    I hear a dog barking outside my house

Should I call the police?
    Depends, is the dog there illegally? Is it a breed restricted in your area? Is it a stray? Is it barking because it's attacking people?

Come on, stop condoning cheating and breaking the rules with stupid analogies.

Who gives a *** if it's a breed restricted from your area. Do you condone breed specific legislation? It's not really far off from condoning racism.
    You're right, because I agree people can't legally own a tiger wolf I am racist. :smirk:

*Edit to stay on a canine theme, don't want to bring Khajiit into the debate.

Fair enough. Sorry, it's a bit of a touchy subject for me.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one cares.

lol, you're so wrong.....
  • Shadeaux
    Shadeaux
    ✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    I know of someone who payed another person to log into their profile and complete vet maelstrom for them. Should I report this person? If so, how do I report this person?

You have WAY too much time on your hands.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA kicks my arse but I would never pay someone to finish it for me. What's the point? This guy is probably running around with the Stormproof title in full display too like a poser.

Also, TOS violation.

Edited by AlMcFly on September 15, 2017 5:55PM
  • Shadeaux
    Shadeaux
    ✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    vMA kicks my arse but I would never pay someone to finish it for me. What's the point? This guy is probably running around with the Stormproof title in full display too like a poser.

Also, TOS violation.

The Stormproof title plus $4 will get you a cup of Starbuck's coffee.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadeaux wrote: »

Also, TOS violation.

Lol, I personally don't care about the title, your words are wasted on me. My implied point is, a person who pays money for something so trivial and useless, yet requires skill to complete, is also the type of person who brags about things they never accomplished. Thus, a liar. A liar in one aspect of their life is usually a liar elsewhere. OP shouldn't feel guilt about reporting this scumball, even if nothing comes of it.
    Edited by AlMcFly on September 15, 2017 6:00PM
  • Shadeaux
    Shadeaux
    ✭✭✭
    Shadeaux wrote: »

Also, TOS violation.

Lol, I personally don't care about the title, your words are wasted on me. My implied point is, a person who pays money for something so trivial and useless, yet requires skill to complete, is also the type of person who brags about things they never accomplished. Thus, a liar. A liar in one aspect of their life is usually a liar elsewhere. OP shouldn't feel guilt about reporting this scumball, even if nothing comes of it.

I'm just saying, I would focus my energy elsewhere.

Keep in mind, the most rare title in the game can only be bought with money, which is kind of why it is rare.
This discussion has been closed.