The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

should you report someone who payed another player to do vet maelstrom for them?

• THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shadeaux wrote: »
    AlMcFly wrote: »
    vMA kicks my arse but I would never pay someone to finish it for me. What's the point? This guy is probably running around with the Stormproof title in full display too like a poser.

Also, TOS violation.

The Stormproof title plus $4 will get you a cup of Starbuck's coffee.

WTB Mocha Frappuccino. Need Crafter. Need Mats. Will Pay. Meet at Vivek Wayshrine.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on September 15, 2017 6:06PM
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMA kicks my arse but I would never pay someone to finish it for me. What's the point? This guy is probably running around with the Stormproof title in full display too like a poser.

Also, TOS violation.

Lol, I personally don't care about the title, your words are wasted on me. My implied point is, a person who pays money for something so trivial and useless, yet requires skill to complete, is also the type of person who brags about things they never accomplished. Thus, a liar. A liar in one aspect of their life is usually a liar elsewhere. OP shouldn't feel guilt about reporting this scumball, even if nothing comes of it.

I'm just saying, I would focus my energy elsewhere.

Keep in mind, the most rare title in the game can only be bought with money, which is kind of why it is rare.

1 minute of energy it takes to type an email to ZOS. If you don't have 1 minute to spare in your day, you probably need to work on your time management skills.
  • Shadeaux
    Shadeaux
    ✭✭✭

Also, TOS violation.

Lol, I personally don't care about the title, your words are wasted on me. My implied point is, a person who pays money for something so trivial and useless, yet requires skill to complete, is also the type of person who brags about things they never accomplished. Thus, a liar. A liar in one aspect of their life is usually a liar elsewhere. OP shouldn't feel guilt about reporting this scumball, even if nothing comes of it.

Keep in mind, the most rare title in the game can only be bought with money, which is kind of why it is rare.

1 minute of energy it takes to type an email to ZOS. If you don't have 1 minute to spare in your day, you probably need to work on your time management skills.

I wish I had the time back I had spent on this stupid thread. /done
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also, TOS violation.

Considering it's not necessarily a violation on all platforms it really shouldn't be a violation on any.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone broke the rule? Just report them, you are not snitch, you are fulfilling your civic duty to prevent more rule breaking. Reporting person costs you max one minute, so what's the problem?
    PC/EU
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

Also, TOS violation.

Considering it's not necessarily a violation on all platforms it really shouldn't be a violation on any.

If this isn't a TOS violation, than Chinese Gold farmers and level grinders selling their services for irl money aren't against TOS either. It's exactly the same thing. This guy paid another person real money to provide the service of grinding his character through vMA.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only valid argument here (and the only one that should matter) is the one that @Turelus keeps pointing out. It IS against the terms of service. period.

To those that make this into a morality issue on whether it should be reported or not, and not about just basic 'is it against the rules'. You need to cool down.
    I will not believe for one second that you have never asked for help or received help or helped someone else in a video game. You could extend this to saying those that helped other clear harder quests in the game's early months was a form of cheating. Or that every person that 'sold' their characters service to help lowbies in the history of mmos are unethical pieces of trash. How is this different in terms of outcome than if that player's sibling, or spouse sat down for them and cleared it to help them out - or killed just a normal World Boss for them - or made Emperor (in which case they didn't with their own character). Would it all of a sudden be ethical/unethical?

It's not unethical or immoral to seek help or hire/buy help. It's a game. Whether its X account or Y account that beat W objective makes no difference to the game.

As I initially mentioned , the ONLY thing that matters are the terms of service. Ethical/Moral guilt accusations are pointless.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Also, TOS violation.

If this isn't a TOS violation, than Chinese Gold farmers and level grinders selling their services for irl money aren't against TOS either. It's exactly the same thing. This guy paid another person real money to provide the service of grinding his character through vMA.

Sorry, real money wasn't specified in the OP, I assumed it was gold.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingJ wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    KingJ wrote: »
    People been selling VMA runs on xbox for ages you can get someone to run VMA for you for as little as 9 $ up to 25$.This isn't even the worst thing you can pay for on xbox.

Right?

@Feanor you can't say this is cheating because 1/3 of the player base has PS4 share play which ZoS has already confirmed is a usable feature and not banable. Therefore, this is blatantly not cheating. Account sharing is still against TOS but something that's allowed on 1/3 of platforms can't be considered cheating on the other 2/3. That's like console players insisting addons are cheating because only PC has them.
    The ESO xbox black market man is crazy they sell stuff I would never think of selling.A good chunk of it is ran by 1 person which is really insane.

Truth. I got asked before. When I said no I felt like the girl on Growing Pains who didn't do coke in the bathroom.

i get asked who does my vMA runs all the time, and when i say i do it myself im called a lier because apparently nobody can do vMA on all class/specs and i just laugh & laugh & laugh & laugh and then i laugh some more ;)
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, TOS violation.

Wait...we're actually arguing about in-game gold? -_- Account-sharing aside, I feel like my replying to this thread was wasted time I'll never get back...fml
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Comparing vMA clears by other players who are not the owners of the account to animation cancelling. These forums never cease to amaze.

I didn't compare one to the other, I said that I have the same degree of concern for the two.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's in game gold and console via the share system (which is allowed), then eh I will sod off as nothing bad happened here.

As OP was wondering if they should report it I assumed this was RMT and real money had changed hands as well as someone logging into an account with account details.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    It's amazing how many people on here are ok with an - albeit mild - form of cheating. It's not surprising though given the fate most whistleblowers share in this world.
    ESO has a very strange culture in this regard. It doesn't quite have the same community stance I have seen in other MMO games, whether this is because of the console play mindset here or just the different crowed ESO has pulled in.

It's cause we mind our own *** business
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭

Also, TOS violation.

Wait...we're actually arguing about in-game gold? -_- Account-sharing aside, I feel like my replying to this thread was wasted time I'll never get back...fml

The OP only used the term "payed", that usually implies real life money. Without clarification from @Infinite12 we won't know.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's amazing how many people on here are ok with an - albeit mild - form of cheating. It's not surprising though given the fate most whistleblowers share in this world.
    ESO has a very strange culture in this regard. It doesn't quite have the same community stance I have seen in other MMO games, whether this is because of the console play mindset here or just the different crowed ESO has pulled in.
    But it is our business, if cheating is happening within the game then it becomes the business of the community because many of us want to play on a level playing field and not turn a blind eye to cheating.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm with the "leave it alone" crowd. I don't see how it harms anything.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why does it even bother you?
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Also, TOS violation.

The last part is so true.

@Turelus can you address the disparity between the TOS and the fact that this particular part of the TOS is rendered void by a feature available on 1/3 of platforms and how, in fairness, it should technically be allowed on other platforms but is "disallowed" only to cover liability and because the company refuses to implement a safe way to do so(Im ok with this but point stands).

I see you parroting the same argument but nowhere has anyone confirmed this was a RMT, so outside of your rampant speculation I'm genuinely curious to you opinion of the situation.

Should someone be reported, and if so, should ZoS take action on them for account sharing? Knowing that it is 100% legal to use shareplay to account share on PS4 do you feel it is fair to take action against players on the other two platforms for account sharing?
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AriokoSan wrote: »
    No, you shouldn't report that person. The fact that you even think you need too, then come on a forum and ask! [Edit]

[Edit for bash]

lol nice, my sentiments exactly.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • Krayzie
    Krayzie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone broke the rule? Just report them, you are not snitch, you are fulfilling your civic duty to prevent more rule breaking. Reporting person costs you max one minute, so what's the problem?

That's incorrect, if you tell on someone, you are 100% indefinitely a snitch.
    I'm a PVE roleplayer concerned about my vampires stage 4 skin tone and keep getting load screens so I came here to distract people from major issues with a rant thread about my characters cosmetic appearance.
  • iksaa
    iksaa
    Soul Shriven
    But it is our business, if cheating is happening within the game then it becomes the business of the community because many of us want to play on a level playing field and not turn a blind eye to cheating.

You need to change the "Community Ambassador" to "ZOS Advocate".
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone reported me because I suck and a friend does my VMA for me I'd laugh at their sad sad little life. I mean really? Does that person have nothing better to do than worry about how I get my VMA completions lol
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    200.webp#0-grid1

just do the right thing :D
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only place it would matter is for vMA Leaderboard drops ... but even then that's if you just missed the Leaderboard cutoff and it could be proved the player account owner cheated.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    epic struggle on this thread - in one corner we have:

tenor.gif

versus:

3-monkeys.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Krayzie wrote: »

That's incorrect, if you tell on someone, you are 100% indefinitely a snitch.
    However they're also someone that cares about the game and its integrity.

iksaa wrote: »

You need to change the "Community Ambassador" to "ZOS Advocate".
    We already covered that in another thread.
    O_LYKOS wrote: »
    If someone reported me because I suck and a friend does my VMA for me I'd laugh at their sad sad little life. I mean really? Does that person have nothing better to do than worry about how I get my VMA completions lol
    It depends how you got it. If it was via RMT like many are suspecting then it is something many of us worry about.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c'mon folks - the fate of all humanity is dependent on you all working this dilemma out...
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why... Why do you even care?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at people with their "rat" obsession, leave m-muh cheating alone you dang rat!

No I don't care if people get some cheesy cosmetics and titles from completions in this game, I just find this attitude absolutely hilarious. What's the percentage of this fanbase that are also convicted felons? :p
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol at people with their "rat" obsession, leave m-muh cheating alone you dang rat!

No I don't care if people get some cheesy cosmetics and titles from completions in this game, I just find this attitude absolutely hilarious. What's the percentage of this fanbase that are also convicted felons? :p

I would be willing to bet those people would "snitch" in certain situations. Or maybe they're real gangsters that wouldn't call the police if say... their car was stolen, and just take it as a loss.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

This discussion has been closed.