The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Where do you think "Chapter 2018" will take place ? And what do you wish for it to contain?

• Lucasalex92
    Lucasalex92
    ✭✭✭
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    Well since ZOS clearly dislikes AD (how many DLC's you've seen taken place on AD soil?) It is either somewhere purple alliance's ground.

i know its a bit of Racism here !!! really unfair !!!
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The rest of the Summerset Isles because an important quest figure tells you that's where you're going.
    Options
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falkreath and/or Central Skyrim(Possibly Western Skyrim depending on how ZOS slices it)
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
    Options
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    theher0not wrote: »
    I am hoping we get Elsweyr.

As for what new content I want in it, A
    I'd love to see different khajiit and argonian sub-races become playable (they would have the same racials).

This one holds its claws crossed, this one would really like to get the chance to visit Elsweyr
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    2. SPELLCRAFTING

Was it confirmed that they are working on this, some sort of one hand and rune system?
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new server
    Options
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    Skyrim or Summerset Isles
    Snow Elf's or Dwemer Race
    Spell Crafting or Jewelry Crafting
    Necromancer Class<<<<<<<<<<<

Also the removal of Proctard sets from pvp only lol
    Edited by Shado187 on August 21, 2017 1:25PM
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The next chapter is unlikely to be in the DC or EP regions of the map as we've already had additions to those areas since the game launched. Most likely we will visit AD territory, be it Elsweyr or the Summerset Isles. I guess there is a chance we could visit southeastern Cyrodiil or Blackwood (Leyawiin) as that would provide an interesting storytelling opportunity for both the Argonians and Khajiit.
    Options
  • Thal_J
    Thal_J
    ✭✭✭✭
    Based on the evidence we have right now from datamining, we are likely going to Artaeum. There is a prologue quest to the Clockwork City DLC on the PTS right now that involves you meeting a Psijic (Lilatha to be exact, from the book series 2920) warning about a daedric threat to the Clockwork City, which is why she appears to you and asks for help.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Of_Knives_and_Long_Shadows
    (Spoilers obviously)

Once you've done the quest she tells us that perhaps we will see her Ritemaster Lachesis soon on Artaeum (wink wink wink).

Pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/JPC9h
    It is likely after we do the Clockwork City DLC questline we are invited to Artaeum (in next year's chaper) to do some stuff with the Daedric war story ZOS has going.
    My predictions for DLC's would be: Q4 Clockwork > Q1 Murkmire (as an adventure zone irrelevant to the story) > Q2 Artaeum Chapter > Q3 Dungeon DLC of some sort > Q4 Mephala's Realm
    Edited by Thal_J on August 21, 2017 1:44PM
    Options
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    A completely redone Cyrodiil and PvP mechanics. That would be a new Chapter. An impossible dream, I know.

But what else is there worth $40? General combat related things like jewelry crafting cannot be paywalled. So my tip is that they will do Planes of Oblivion. At least a couple of realms.
    Options
  • amonengelb16_ESO
    amonengelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonknight viable healer skills
    Woodstock Festival on Summerset Isles with skooma and all

Murkmire sounds pretty interesting though I hoped for new zones for Skyrim. Anyway, it would be smarter to release Skyrim-zones as an Addon instead of DLCs since even all the new players then will jump on it. Because, lol, Skyrim.
    A chalice. Bound to be filled with your tears of salt.
    Options
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on the evidence we have right now from datamining, we are likely going to Artaeum. There is a prologue quest to the Clockwork City DLC on the PTS right now that involves you meeting a Psijic (Lilatha to be exact, from the book series 2920) warning about a daedric threat to the Clockwork City, which is why she appears to you and asks for help.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Of_Knives_and_Long_Shadows
    (Spoilers obviously)

Once you've done the quest she tells us that perhaps we will see her Ritemaster Lachesis soon on Artaeum (wink wink wink).

Pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/JPC9h
    It is likely after we do the Clockwork City DLC questline we are invited to Artaeum (in next year's chaper) to do some stuff with the Daedric war story ZOS has going.
    My predictions for DLC's would be: Q4 Clockwork > Q1 Murkmire (as an adventure zone irrelevant to the story) > Q2 Artaeum Chapter > Q3 Dungeon DLC of some sort > Q4 Mephala's Realm

i love the theory but i feel like artaeum is to small for a chapter. unless it includes spellcrafting.
    Options
  • woodgolemb14_ESO
    Necromancers or Monks or both
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. SPELLCRAFTING

Was it confirmed that they are working on this, some sort of one hand and rune system?
    No it was just cinematic in the trailer. As i understand spellcrafting is on the back burner.
    Think its either too limited to be fun or too OP as I see it as an nightmare to balance. Say you could simply set the spell cost and effect, now make an crystal shards or dark flare who cost 4x the magic but cost 4x as much magic.
    In pvp you want maximum burst so you would want expensive spells doing high damage.
    Pve you rather want lots of DoT and debuffs,
    Edited by zaria on August 21, 2017 2:36PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Shado187
    Shado187
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    2. SPELLCRAFTING

No it was just cinematic in the trailer. As i understand spellcrafting is on the back burner.
    Think its either too limited to be fun or too OP as I see it as an nightmare to balance. Say you could simply set the spell cost and effect, now make an crystal shards or dark flare who cost 4x the magic but cost 4x as much magic.
    In pvp you want maximum burst so you would want expensive spells doing high damage.

Agreed Spell Crafting is going to be a pain to balance out especially for pvp, But It would be awesome if they could find a way to balance it all out.
    Options
  • Larry78
    Larry78
    ✭✭✭
    Oblivion
    Options
  • GCVDJ11T
    GCVDJ11T
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking Murkmire - I think I read somewhere that the last documented case of the Knahaten Flu is in 2E603. Would be a nice flow and fit with the lore as it currently stands.
    Options
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lilmothiit playable race, I know the lore people will freak, but it'd be awesome and not as impossible as people keep saying.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
    Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shado187 wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    2. SPELLCRAFTING

Agreed Spell Crafting is going to be a pain to balance out especially for pvp, But It would be awesome if they could find a way to balance it all out.

If they get to it, I predict it will be incredibly broken but fun as hell and then eventually get adjusted and balanced.
    Options
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colovian Estates. Skingrad calls to me!
    Options
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where I think, nay, KNOW it will take place: the crown store.

Where I want it to take place: anywhere but the crown store.
    Options
  • Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    Unlikely_Ghostbuster
    ✭✭✭✭
    With regards to what new maps will be opened up, I cannot say myself -- not enough info. But I am very glad to see other people are better informed. Thank you for your educated guesses.

It's probably just OCD talking, but I would like to see more of the South opened up. The Dominion territory hasn't gotten an addition on the scale of Craglorn, Wrothgar, or Vvardenfell. Supposedly the contenders would be Elsweyr (spelling?) and the Summerset Islands, if my impression is right.

It's likely ZOS will save any future content exploiting Skyrim nostalgia until 2019, in my opinion.

What I'm curious about is what will be added to the 2018 (and 2019) Chapters to justify calling them Chapters. Vvardenfell was justified as being a Chapter because of its scale. It's debatable how true that was, as the map itself is just a skinny doughnut with an inaccessible volcano in the middle. In terms of Morrowind's story, quests, and playable content, it really wasn't any bigger than Wrothgar (maybe a bit smaller). But ZOS added Battlegrounds and the Warden class, too -- those were the significant additions to the game that justified calling Morrowind a "Chapter."

So what will be the "significant additions" to justify calling 2018's major content update a "Chapter" instead of a DLC? And keep in mind that entails us shelling out additional cash *on top of* a yearly ESO+ subscription ($156 per year).

Spell crafting and jewelry crafting could do it. Jewelry crafting and a new class could do it. Spell crafting and a new playable race could do it. Jewelry crafting, a new battleground, and a new playable race could do it.

I just hope ZOS has the good sense to try their best to top Morrowind. Not that it would be easy, but it is critical to the ongoing success of the game. People are still justifiably angry that they had to purchase Morrowind, separately. Introducing "Chapters" was the third major change to the business model in as many years. If they flub the next chapter, people will quickly revisit the resentment felt when we were forced to buy Morrowind and compound that anger with any displeasure spurred by the 2018 chapter.

To put it simply, if we're forced to purchase the 2018 chapter, and it flops, then I doubt we'll see a 2019 chapter.
    Options
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Where I think, nay, KNOW it will take place: the crown store.

Where I want it to take place: anywhere but the crown store.

It will not take place in crown store :P
    Like Morrowind. So your wish will come true .
    Be careful what you wish for .
    Edited by RupzSkooma on August 22, 2017 2:51AM
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) range frost DD mage
    2) frost staff changed to dd staff not a stupid want to be tank weapon
    3) maybe spell crafting finally
    4) new weapons
    5) new world/ guild skill lines that arnt just passives
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MOAR TRIALS
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
    Options
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset hopefully. And Necromancer class. If not Summerset, then hopefuly Elsewyr
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancy :)

A full zone in Sheogorath's crazy mind

A new wabbajack weapon

Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lots of good suggestions, granted not all are realistic.

I hate the idea of "new races". That being said, I went to great difficulty to create some "goblins" (my Goblin girl, Broken Branch Toothmaul used a bosmer template, and my goblin guys, Pirondil's Bane Toothmaul and Bloodied Axe Murkwater used Orsimer templates), and a "Maomer" (pale skinned, dark haired pale-eyed dunmer template). Just 'cause I like that weird stuff.

Um I would love to have Goblin and ... okay this is weird ... sload ... as playable races. Yes I know that sload don't have much in the way of "form" and likely not much bone structure. But think back to ES III Morrowind - the fire and frost atronachs both had/wore weird metal looking "garb" that seemed to give them humanoid form. I would think that Sload could benefit from similar magical "garments" (or at least I'd make the argument).

Um, I'd like to see more "world" skill lines. An animal summoning/taming type skill line. Don't really care for the warden as a class, hate the imagery and it's all too Vvardenfell heavy. I still want to be able to "tame" or "catch" all the weird little animals we see around. Those weird centipedes, the white mice that are in some delves, the bunnies. Stuff like that.

I'd like to see some sort of instanced battleground type stuff added into Cyrodiil dailies - like "such and so is up for grabs" not just as a random daily grind, but as a coordinated timed (like a 24 hour timer) and then NPC troops sent to "back up" whatever alliance has fewest participants. No make that a 30 hour timer, or maybe 20 so that it rotates through "day" and "night" and there is no "nightcapping"

I like the idea of Random Weird islands - if it wasn't for Vvardenfell being so recent, I'd want some strange island in "the sea of ghosts" maybe with a reason why it's called that.

Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vvardenfell was justified as being a Chapter because of its scale. .

I would disagree.

It was justified being called a chapter because Morrowind has many many rabid fans who would shell out mucho dinero to play in "Morrowind" again. And I number myself among them.

The scale is annoying. It's like they took original Morrowind and ran it through the dryer on "super-shrink". Tiny. Horribly tiny.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Vvardenfell was justified as being a Chapter because of its scale. .

I would disagree.

It was justified being called a chapter because Morrowind has many many rabid fans who would shell out mucho dinero to play in "Morrowind" again. And I number myself among them.

The scale is annoying. It's like they took original Morrowind and ran it through the dryer on "super-shrink". Tiny. Horribly tiny.

yep the main quest was shorter than wrothgar and the story was no where near as good only got it for arenas
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options