The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where do you think "Chapter 2018" will take place ? And what do you wish for it to contain?

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The rest of the Summerset Isles because an important quest figure tells you that's where you're going.

Perhaps I missed something, but who tells you that you're going there?

I know that the Prophet and Azura both told you that you'd be going to Vvardenfell after completing the base game story. I haven't run into anyone mentioning Summerset though.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Vvardenfell was justified as being a Chapter because of its scale. .

I would disagree.

It was justified being called a chapter because Morrowind has many many rabid fans who would shell out mucho dinero to play in "Morrowind" again. And I number myself among them.

The scale is annoying. It's like they took original Morrowind and ran it through the dryer on "super-shrink". Tiny. Horribly tiny.

It's the same size as the original Vvardenfell. There are just mounts in ESO, faster movement speed, and wayshrines. The game is also way easier to navigate, so you get from point A to point B much quicker (you're just following quest markers). View distance is also much longer in ESO.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 22, 2017 11:25PM
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all these ideas on this post have given me to many hopefull dreams

2018 Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset
    2 New playable races Maormer and Sload
    1 New Class: Necromancer
    2 New Crafting Skill Lines:Spell and Jewlery
    1 New Skill Lines: One Hand and Rune
    2 New Zone: Southern Summerset and Artaeum.
    1 New Trial:Crystal-Like-Law
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shado187 wrote: »
    zaria wrote: »
    ToxicPAWS wrote: »
    2. SPELLCRAFTING

Was it confirmed that they are working on this, some sort of one hand and rune system?
    No it was just cinematic in the trailer. As i understand spellcrafting is on the back burner.
    Think its either too limited to be fun or too OP as I see it as an nightmare to balance. Say you could simply set the spell cost and effect, now make an crystal shards or dark flare who cost 4x the magic but cost 4x as much magic.
    In pvp you want maximum burst so you would want expensive spells doing high damage.
    Pve you rather want lots of DoT and debuffs,

Agreed Spell Crafting is going to be a pain to balance out especially for pvp, But It would be awesome if they could find a way to balance it all out.

If they get to it, I predict it will be incredibly broken but fun as hell and then eventually get adjusted and balanced.

Everyone would just use the same spells if they are strong. They can make the spells very niche, but then nobody would use them.

It's not a good idea from a diversity perspective in an MMO. It's designed for single player games.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on August 22, 2017 11:29PM
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spellcrafting and Jewelrycrafting is at the top of my list. As for where and what new class...I dont really have a clue, maybe a necromancer of some sort.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a fan of the Elder Scrolls and High Elves ever since Morrowind, I would love to set foot on the Summerset Isles.

Also, it would be a good setting to introduce spellcrafting ;-)

And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe a refreshed Cyrodill (more keeps and places)or another alliance war zone(new pvp mode to justify to be an expansion), and a new race (I don't think they add 1 class every year, it would be hard to balance among other classes).
    Edited by gepe87 on August 24, 2017 11:14AM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Arateum?
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Xylthax
    Xylthax
    ✭✭✭
    I think there's a good chance for it to be either Murkmire or Mephala's Realm, but Artaeum is definitely interesting.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a new class, Necromancer and Ravager are most likely I think. ZoS has mentioned that they were considering Necromancer, but were struggling with the colour schemes overlapping with NB, however public interest has been really intense since then, so I think Necromancer will make a comeback. I would also like to point out that Monk is very unlikely, since ZoS has stated on multiple occasions that they aren't making classes that are tied to weapons. (Monks are generally unarmed). In Eso, every class being able to use every weapon is a big deal, and I think ZoS wants to stick to that, so Monks and Spearmen are out.

Having said all that, 1 hand and rune as a new weapon type is probably going to happen, we had a new class this year, so I think a weapon type is most likely next year.

In terms of new content, I would be surprised to see spell-crafting, but I think Jewellery crafting is likely. I also expect a new type of PvP if the story is actually progressing into a Daedra war. That'll be cool if it happens too. But most of all I actually want storage in housing, I believe having a place to hoard your treasures is so underrated, it's crazy. I think adding storage would really increase player retention, just from increasing the value and functionality of housing. (Players who feel like they really live in Eso wont care about leaving, even if their main class gets nerfed this month).
    Edited by Xylthax on August 24, 2017 12:28PM
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not Argonia, please...
    Edited by Mitrenga on August 24, 2017 12:54PM
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another realm of oblivion. Mephalas realm was in production long ago so supposedly we will go there but i assumed that the Shadows of the hist DLC was the assets from Mephalas and Murkmire adventure zone being used in dungeons instead.

One day i hope we visit Malacaths realm. I wish to watch a certain king and his mother fueling the ashen forge
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Likely itll be Murkmire as its the last Zone that we are aware they were working on that has yet to be released. It probably would of been out by now but Morrowinds Cash Grab Anniversary got in the way of that.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Fodore
    Fodore
    ✭✭✭✭
    theher0not wrote: »
    I am hoping we get Elsweyr.

As for what new content I want in it, A
    I'd love to see different khajiit and argonian sub-races become playable (they would have the same racials).

But most likely this wouldn't happen...

I really wish elsweyr doesent happen... so many aspects of lore and khajiit society that ZOS would undoubtedly miss out. Such as a sub race of khajiit kept as house pets, intelligent speaking pets. Another sun species is that one of the war cat's (can't remember there exact name but for their use I e called them that) that khajiits would ride into battle on, also they sold their battle capabilities to others in a mercenary like deal. The gods are also different, they still commonly worship the divines but with subtle differences such as being more feline related and the representaion on slightly different things.

Elsweyr would be cool, but only if ZOS did it correctly which I doubt they will.
    Before judging a man walk a mile in his shoes.
    After that who cares?
    They're a mile away and you've got their shoes.
  • seedubsrun
    seedubsrun
    ✭✭✭✭
    It'll take place in the future in space and they'll call it Destiny 2
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably at the end of 2020

Oh wait, you said, "Where"
    My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akavir - as an introduction to TES6 Akavir
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I want most is, everyone say it with me now...

NECROMANCY!
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    gard wrote: »
    Probably at the end of 2020

Oh wait, you said, "Where"

Developers are targeting new chapter every year .
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so long as it's not in the northern regions of Tamriel. I feel like the north has had a lot of attention paid to it, a lot of areas in the map filled in, while the southeast and southwest have been languishing. I really want to see the southwest island home of the High Elves. Also, more areas in The Land of The *** People. Seems like there's a good story or three in that region waiting to be told.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Chackan
    Chackan
    ✭✭

Necromancer Class
    Skill lines include raising dead, dark energy (projectiles, gap closer, major defile AOE debuffs), something kind of infectious disease damage, similar to the fetcher fly ability which spreads from one enemy to many.

Cyrodiil Enhancements
    Dynamic world events in Cyrodiil. New quests and gameplay features incorporating alliance-wide buffs from capturing various delves, ayeleid ruins, Cheydinhal, Chorrol. New types of siege weapons, barriers and traps you can craft and place around the towns and inside delves, maybe require control of nearby resources like lumbermill etc. Imperial City separated into its own campaign you can queue directly to enter. Guild store dialogue menu added to banker at Cyrodiil base and all Quartermasters at resources, towns and outposts, providing a reason to claim those, and access to trading for many more guilds and buyers.

Ahhh, second this!

Specially the Cyrodiil enchancements. It could really use a facelifft and mixing some PvE elements would do the trick!

• Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    tap tap, microphone working?

Blackreach, largest underground zone, with potionental for new alchemy recipes for Red Nirnroots, glowing moss, falmir ears, with several dwemer towers and vaults to explore, design for all new rare "Master Survey Maps".
    concept for rarely often survey maps are unique only in this zone., since they are next tier alchemy, Blue grade regents.

also with lost motif to be discover, Snow Elves Motifs and Falmor Motifs.

new recipes for provesioning, Chili varieity, peppers, both sweet and hot, eggs, and new spices, (anise, licorice, cinnamon, and chocolate).

edit to add, plenty of room to have Blackreach expanded, for Malkarth, connecting to underground city and silver mines.
    Edited by Dracofyre on August 24, 2017 5:29PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know what it is, but it should be an AD zone. Since we've had a DC and EP zone released now (Wrothgar and Morrowind, even though it's not officially EP alliance story wise). I'd love to see Summerset or Elsweyr.

And I have to say, like I always do, I don't mind paying for these yearly "expansions" but I still want my fourth piece of ESO plus content. We only got three his year b/c of Morrowind. So if they are going to do this yearly, should be expect less from our plus sub now?
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • RupzSkooma
    RupzSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone for commenting . I am surprised by some of the mindblowingly awesome and unique ideas you guys can come up with. I am glad I started this thread.
    Hopefully devs should really take notes of what to do from your suggestions and mix it up.
    Elder Kings II is a Role Playing Elder Scrolls mod for Crusader Kings III.
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chapter 2018 may be based on what we will learn from Cloakwork City Q4 this year
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldermeri Dominion has yet to get any new areas released on are side of the map dc got wrothgar ep got vardenfell hoping the next chapter will be over by aldermeri Dominion side maybe the summerset isles or something ;)
    Edited by Jake1576 on August 24, 2017 6:46PM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Chapter 2018" will just be a previously planned but never released DLC, with some extra crap tacked on to make it feel more like an expansion than just the DLC it is. Bonus points if there is a huge inaccessible area in the middle.

History repeats itself.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    IDC where,

I just want more
    Housing
    Jewelry crafting,
    Spell Crafting
    adjustments to Warden so they have more direct damage Ice damage abilities (among other adjustments)
    More Crafted sets
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Sea elfs and under water pvp.

Maybe some pirate ships to sail around the map black flag style

Keep dreaming.

Ship sailing not happening.
    But underwater combat is very feasible . Guild wars 2 nailed underwater combat in an MMO . Even though I don't like that game.

Underwater combat isn't happening either. Not without a serious overhaul to the engine. Various developers including Matt (I think) have talked about it in the past.

Really ? :'(
    Can you give me the source ?

Sources, plural. It's come up in a bunch of AMAs, ESO Lives, and other open question forums. Most of that would have been back around 2015. I don't have any citations at hand, though, sorry.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Sea elfs and under water pvp.

Maybe some pirate ships to sail around the map black flag style

Keep dreaming.

Ship sailing not happening.
    But underwater combat is very feasible . Guild wars 2 nailed underwater combat in an MMO . Even though I don't like that game.

Underwater combat isn't happening either. Not without a serious overhaul to the engine. Various developers including Matt (I think) have talked about it in the past.

Really ? :'(
    Can you give me the source ?

Sources, plural. It's come up in a bunch of AMAs, ESO Lives, and other open question forums. Most of that would have been back around 2015. I don't have any citations at hand, though, sorry.

If you want the experience of underwater combat just play PvP at primetime.