Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

increase the cool down on the Valkyn Skoria set

GeorgeBlack
GeorgeBlack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Dot builds use Valkyn Skoria because it procs of Dots and gives the user a bit of burst and a chance to lock down their enemy. That's fair.
However Valkyn Skoria procs all the time. It's essentially giving free damage to the user, while they are not required to put any effort at all to go all out and attack since the set will deal damage in very small intervals of time. It's a matter of time before their enemy dies.
Valkyn Skoria should not offer free damage. Skoria users should use the moment when the meteor falls and go aggro.
A meaningful increase in the Cool Down of the effect would not harm the burst phase, but it would make the set more balanced.

I play a dragon knight and I have lots of Dots that I can apply. However I find that Skoria is overperforming and it needs to be looked after. ESO is taking a very good path with HOTR. Lets make this the best update yet.
@Zos_GinaBruno
Edited by GeorgeBlack on July 31, 2017 7:47PM
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skoria isn't that powerful, and its definitely not the best monster helm. If anything it needs a buff since it doesn't stand up to grothdar at all. Proc sets are a part of the game, people need to learn to live with it.

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 31, 2017 8:54PM
  • Sunah
    Sunah
    ✭✭✭
    Skoria was actually nerf'd hard forever ago. Its not the best set but people still use it. If you think its OP now you should have played ESO during release haha.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall getting CCed in any manner by the skoria meteor and any proc set essentially gives free damage to the user. A great many players wear proc sets due to their he monster sets.

The damage from this set can be mitigated since there is a sound when the meteor procs. Much of anything he changes on the pts concerning proc sets has to do with being able to avoid or at least mitigate the sake of proc sets.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »

Skoria isn't that powerful, and its definitely not the best monster helm. If anything it needs a buff since it doesn't stand up to grothdar at all. Proc sets are a part of the game, people need to learn to live with it.
    Not sure if you are catching up but members of the community have had enough with procs and ZOS is taking action.
    Maybe you can adapt to a better game with weaker procs. And learn to live with it.

Edited by [Deleted User] on July 31, 2017 8:55PM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't recall getting CCed in any manner by the skoria meteor and any proc set essentially gives free damage to the user. A great many players wear proc sets due to their he monster sets.

The damage from this set can be mitigated since there is a sound when the meteor procs. Much of anything he changes on the pts concerning proc sets has to do with being able to avoid or at least mitigate the sake of proc sets.

Hello again. When in this post did I asked for a nerf to the damage? It's the frequence that makes the set OP.

• Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not sure if you are catching up but members of the community have had enough with procs and ZOS is taking action.
    Maybe you can adapt to a better game with weaker procs. And learn to live with it.

Lol, Zo$ made a few compromises for proc sets to get you (the minority of eso) to stop crying about it. They clearly have no intention of removing them

[Edit to remove bait]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 31, 2017 8:56PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This statement is an over generalization and as a result it's incorrect.

There are a number of proc sets that both hit hard and provide no warning to their proc for avoiding or mitigating the damage. That's what has been an issue, that coupled with some builds could be pretty much full proc sets with the rest survival stats. Have a stam character in 3 proc sets. That's where the issue starts coming into play.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 31, 2017 8:56PM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We really need a down vote option with the post reaction keys...

There are a number of proc sets that both hit hard and provide no warning to their proc for avoiding or mitigating the damage. That's what has been an issue, that coupled with some builds could be pretty much full proc sets with the rest survival stats. Have a stam character in 3 proc sets. That's where the issue starts coming into play.

I'd rather ZOS to decide that.
    We talked long enough. Nothing new to add from my part. Now allow me to continue to ignore your posts since we always get locked up in non constructive conversations.

Edited by GeorgeBlack on July 31, 2017 8:03PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an 8% chance every five seconds, that's quite a bit lower than many proc sets. You're required to keep up a lot of dots to really get it going which in turn requires good resource management, and a slower style of gameplay. It's far from the most popular set. I use it and love it but at the same time I also don't worry about it in pvp. It's dangerous on a good player and nothing to worry about on a bad player.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vapirko
    Dots are low cost skills, they are a great source of safe dps for tanks plus Dot skills have other effects. No managment problems there.
    8% chance to proc from Dot is a lot. It procs constantly.
    Skoria should provide an opportunity to lock down the enemy, not offer free, effortless damage.

Edited by GeorgeBlack on July 31, 2017 8:13PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really need a down vote option with the post reaction keys...

I'd rather ZOS to decide that.
    We talked long enough. Nothing new to add from my part. Now allow me to continue to ignore your posts since we always get locked up in non constructive conversations.

Ignore all you desire, it doesn't change the conversation. The comments were accurate and skoria isn't exactly a high performing monster set. Not bad but not great.

Creating a thread or even posting in an existing thread is entering a conversation in which some will agree and some will disagree. That's what is occurring here.
    Edited by idk on July 31, 2017 8:15PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So the proc sets that shoots out easy to dodge disease orbs gets nerfed, but the auto target meteor magicka set doesn't get touched? Yeah they're being extremely partial.
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a PvE perspective it is already a mediocre performing set usable in niche situations. A nerf will kill its use in PvE. I dont PvP anymore so don't really care about that aspect of the game.

This is what happens when you don't balance PVP and PVE separately..
    Edited by rustic_potato on July 31, 2017 8:17PM
    I play how I want to.

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see Skoria working similar to Red Mountain after changes.
    Shadow of the Red Mountain: This Item Set’s proc now spawns a volcano that erupts after one second and launches a projectile at the closest enemy, instead of instantly dealing unavoidable damage.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

From a PvE perspective it is already a mediocre performing set usable in niche situations. A nerf will kill its use in PvE. I dont PvP anymore so don't really care about that aspect of the game.

PvE is ez, take a bullet for the ESO team.
    Not talking about Skoria, more like generally about "PvP vs PvE"...

forgive me but wanting a feature because it improves you by 0.5 in PvE while it may distrurb a whole aspect of a game (pvp) is selfish.
    PvP and PvE should be worked separetly, but since that's not the case people need to be reasonable and not self centered.

• CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dot builds use Valkyn Skoria because it procs of Dots and gives the user a bit of burst and a chance to lock down their enemy. That's fair.
    However Valkyn Skoria procs all the time. It's essentially giving free damage to the user, while they are not required to put any effort at all to go all out and attack since the set will deal damage in very small intervals of time. It's a matter of time before their enemy dies.
    Valkyn Skoria should not offer free damage. Skoria users should use the moment when the meteor falls and go aggro.
    A meaningful increase in the Cool Down of the effect would not harm the burst phase, but it would make the set more balanced.

I play a dragon knight and I have lots of Dots that I can apply. However I find that Skoria is overperforming and it needs to be looked after. ESO is taking a very good path with HOTR. Lets make this the best update yet.
    @Zos_GinaBruno

I would also support to remove all proc (any types) out of the game.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvE is ez, take a bullet for the ESO team.
    Not talking about Skoria, more like generally about "PvP vs PvE"...

forgive me but wanting a feature because it improves you by 0.5 in PvE while it may distrurb a whole aspect of a game (pvp) is selfish.
    PvP and PvE should be worked separetly, but since that's not the case people need to be reasonable and not self centered.

I think both sides of this conversation are mostly speaking from their experience, certainly the person you replied to doesn't come off as self centered. Merely stating the reality that skoria is mediocre.

Also, it's not certain the suggestion made in the OP would improve the game or make it worse. Being there isn't really anything provided to back it up it's merely an oppinion that it would be an improvement.

Someone posted earlier to let Zos make the decision. It's been brought up and now it's in Zoe's court. I don't think we need to police everyone that posts here just because they have a differing oppinion.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove and alter some posts for unneeded flaming and baiting, both being against the Forum Rules. For further posts please be sure to stay civil and constructive towards the topic at hand.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »

@Zos_GinaBruno

I also support this.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello again. When in this post did I asked for a nerf to the damage? It's the frequence that makes the set OP.

Wow. Just noticed this rely.

You asked for an increase in the CD without changing the damage to compensate so that by definition

Besides, In the post you quoted for your reply I am not seeing anything inferring your calling for a nerf to the damage. Maybe you can read it again and If you are correct then please point that out to me.

BTW, one proc set does not make for skilless combat. Stacking them and using ones that provide no warning of the incoming proc damage does. Granted, on my main character I do not use proc sets of any kind.
    Edited by idk on July 31, 2017 9:37PM
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Zos_GinaBruno

I also support this.

Make that 3 of us.
    They are a design that leads to skill-less combat which favours certain classes, while diminishing the importance of active skills which deal timed damage (at the cost or resources and casting time)

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zos_GinaBruno

I also support this.

I'd support damage proc removal from pvp. Sets like bloodspawn offer a legitimate boost that is helpful butnot over the top and not for everyone. If proc sets could be more like bloodspawn in their use I think that would be great.
    Edited by Vapirko on July 31, 2017 9:51PM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zos_GinaBruno

I also support this.
    Why? Procs are fun to use and not inherently overtuned. I don't understand this sentiment at all
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    Making skoria dodgeable would keep the same effectiveness in pve while adding counter play to it in pvp situations.

Against a solid player that can tell when proc is coming it would be a simple matter of dodging the burst if you determine it necessary, while at the same time giving skoria users the opportunity to react to that counter play by stunning at the time skoria drops to keep opponent from dodging.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SanTii.92 wrote: »

@Zos_GinaBruno

I also support this.
    Why? Procs are fun to use and not inherently overtuned. I don't understand this sentiment at all

Its almost like you haven't played the game the last several months.

Every problematic proc set got nerfed except skoria. Not sure why, it's the proc set with the least counterplay now since viper got nerfed. Can't dodge or reflect it, and with the stupid changes to blocking zos didn't think through (like everything they change) your worse off blocking the dmg unless your a sturdy s&b build with lots into reduce block cost.

Sincerely the guy whose been running around on a mag dk with skoria the past week.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Zos_GinaBruno

I also support this.

It's free damage, and not a subtle amount either. They should never have been introduced to begin with. I PvP to fight players not armor.

This game has become quite talentless.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why I mentioned that they don't have to be inherently overtuned. Ofc i don't deny that stacking 3 procs to pretty much one shot ppl completly sucks but that's not really how it has to be. Procs sets can have a healthy place on the game as long as the trade offs to picking them instead of other things are there. Picking short bursts instead of sustained dmge can be balanced and a viable decision. That's all.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bakkagami wrote: »
    Making skoria dodgeable would keep the same effectiveness in pve while adding counter play to it in pvp situations.

Against a solid player that can tell when proc is coming it would be a simple matter of dodging the burst if you determine it necessary, while at the same time giving skoria users the opportunity to react to that counter play by stunning at the time skoria drops to keep opponent from dodging.

Very true which, iirc, is the direction Zos has gone with some of the changes currently on the PTS.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Zos_GinaBruno

I also support this.

It's free damage, and not a subtle amount either. They should never have been introduced to begin with. I PvP to fight players not armor.

If you think about it spell/weapon damage is ''free'' as well.Take Clever Alchemist for example. Its 650 s/w damage and when you combine that with ultis like soul assault, incap,leap or destro ulti it increases burst damage by a fair amount. Add the fact that the damage can crit and increases your healing as well. So a delayed 3-4k damage with sound indicator from Skoria doesnt seem so bad
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First, without them it would be difficult to realize such a large number of different sets.
    Secondly, I do not see any problems with them. Is Scathing Mage imbalance? Veiled Heritance? Beckoning Steel is free damage which uses not so many players.
    I mean, do not base your opinion on a small percentage of all sets :)
    Everything is viable