The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v3.1.3

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1e5k1jtpejw3.jpg

7pq95x6nm3bg.png

zvhwsajfc09j.png
    Item Sets
    • Plague Doctor: Decreased the Max Health granted by this Item Set to 4000 from 6000.

Why was this set even touched? Seriously zos you baffle me. For once i make a unique build utilising this set as a dps/bruiser type build in pvp and it gets nerfed.... go figure.

How can raw max health stat's even compare to anything else? This set isn't even used by tanks anymore for pve. It was only a health boon for niche health builds in pvp or to add an insurance policy from burst on a squishy build. You gain no damage, healing or anything... just more health.

2k health is a lot of health gone. Consider that im an Imperial with 3 shadow abilities slotted as a nightblade. That's 2420 total health im loosing now for no reason.

On-top of all this Necropotence still has 4000 max magicka. HOW CAN 4K HEALTH EVEN COMPARE TO 4K MAGICKA.

REVERT THIS.

It's not niche at all when all aoe destro ball groups realised you can just stack health bonuses and layer up storms to compensate and run around as 30k health VD bombers to plague cyrodiil

How is plague doctor an issue in that scenario?

When the issue you stated is more so pointed towards a grotesquely balanced ultimate and abusing vicious death with stacking Destro's. All plague doctor did was give them an insurance policy to burst. 2k less health isn't going to change those ball groups. All it does it hurt the niche builds that actually needed the health.

Only changes to destro ult or vicious death will alleviate that issue.

You tryna tell me Plague Doctor should get nerfed for something hardly even relevant? People will just slot health food and replace whatever stat they were missing with the corresponding stated set.

In reality vicious death should have a delayed proc just like Widowmaker considering zos is making all procs none instant.
    Eye of the Storm (morph only) should be reverted to its pts damage model where it was actually balanced or reduced by 50% damage.
    but hey lets nerf plague doctor because destro ult and vicious death killed me.... makes sense. @Wrobel

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on August 2, 2017 12:09AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But Gina! What about the Coldharbour home?

Don't we, the sinister vampires of Tamriel, deserve a fitting place to live? :(
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • eirinnpryderi
    eirinnpryderi
    ✭✭✭
    "Balance"
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Homes
    New homes are now available to be previewed and purchased for testing!
    • Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!
      • This home will only be available for purchase with crowns once it goes live.
    I'm quite surprised at that. I was expecting it to be available for gold for those who completed, say, Gold Coast Connections or Bane of the Gold Coast.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Glory wrote: »
    Would have liked to see skill balance changes as well.

There are skills that are significantly over-performing, and many that are under-performing to the point of never being used in any competitive environment. Not going to list (as it is often opinionated), but I am sure many would like to see the devs look into these!

I can list a couple obvious ones that most can (I think) agree on:
    • Dark Shades
    • Nature's Grasp & morphs

...sorry, got a bit carried away.
    Natur's Grasp is incredibly strong, probably the hardest hitting hot in the game? As shades, those are fine.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Rmmichael95
    Rmmichael95
    ✭✭
    Looks nice but there is no way to tests the WW changes since you didn't giver us character copies and still don't max our WW skills.
    Masters of the Imperial Harem

CP 660+

50 Magicka Dunmer Dragon Knight
    50 Magicka Altmer Sorceror
    50 Magicka Breton Templar
    50 Magicka Altmer Templar
    50 Stamina Orc Dragon Knight
    50 Stamina Khajiit Night Blade
    50 Stamina Redguard Sorceror
    50 Argonian Sap Tank - retired
    50 Templar Hybrid Redguard Werewolf
    50 Magicka Altmer Proxy Night Blade
    50 Argonian Balzing Shield
    50 Stamina Bosmer Bow
    50 Warden Argonian Tank Heals
    50 Warden Hybrid Orc Werewolf
  • Franieck
    Franieck
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have lost all love for the game and ZoS since Homestead and haven't spent an Euro on them since... Been playing about 1h every week and get bored easily and frustrated with the direction this game is taking. Nevertheless, I do enjoy coming back to the forums and keeping track of the patch notes and pts... and yet, every time I come back to see what they have to show for (after months of "development" and "listening" to feedback and "bug fixing") , I'm like:

giphy.gif
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed

Valkyn Skoria is not instant - it's delayed with a telegraphed rumble/noise as it gets ready to impact. One can easily ward up in response to the proc. If YOU have problems with Skoria, then that's YOUR problem. L2P and stop crying.
    Nerfing something doesn't improve your gameplay - it just means you'll lose to something else.

You mean learn to play magicka since this proc removes counterplay from medium armor builds like so many other things in this game.

If you are using medium armor, then you shouldn't even be getting attacked by Skoria in the first place. Medium means you are ambushing your opponent form stealth - that is, your opponent isn't going to be fighting for very long if at all. Nerfing an armor set because you foolishly engage an enemy out in the open without cover or a group to support you is ridiculous.

The counterplay to ANYTHING while wearing medium armor is to simply not get hit: Dodge, Gank, or Die - make your choice.

I don't personally think Skoria is bad enough to warrant any changes (there is a warning cue to it - you block for 0,5s & carry on), but why do you think medium users shouldn't be engaging enemies out in the open, while anyone else can? Why should I require "cover" or group support (neither of which are available in a duel scenario for instance) to compete with other builds?
    The counterplay to ANYTHING while wearing medium armor is to simply not get hit: Dodge, Gank, or Die - make your choice.

There's the problem with medium armor - you can't avoid getting hit by the hard hitting stuff anymore.

People used to complain even when it was mainly just jesus beam & DoTs going through dodge roll, these days it's over half the skills out there.

Dueling in medium armor is not a reason for combat changes. Duels are OPTIONAL, they are completely NON-STEALTH, and they do not simulate a real fight in Cyrodiil. Medium armor players that duel do so with the understanding that their entire advantage is negated by the nature of a duel in the first place.
    Edited by Vercingetorix on July 31, 2017 9:31PM
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

Don't bother, it will just cost $200 in the crown store like everything else.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Dang it now I need somebody to tell me if War Maiden is better than Spinners. I need a PvP dedicated @Asayre

It highly depends on which class and build you're using and who you're fighting.

A. Magplar.
    B. Zergs.

I dont know about pvp tests on the pts but values from pve testing could be used to give an indication.

Julianos and War-Maiden have a lot of similarities. Although War-Maiden gives roughly 155 more spell dmg in exchange for 1 spell crit bonus on your magplar.

In the pve solo test Spinners outperformed Julianos by 0,4% on a magicka sorc setup. This means that War-Maiden would likely outperform Spinner dps-wise. These tests were done on 18.2k resist targets with optimal CP for max dmg.

The thing is, in pvp penetration is less improtant than spell dmg due to the fact that penetration only increases dmg when its mitigated by armor. So if you're fighting a light armor enemy there's a big chance that part of your spell pen isnt used due to over-penetrating. While spell dmg always increases dmg (and I believe healing) against everything incl dmg shields.

My choice would definitely be War-Maiden for a magPlar.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    [*]Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!
    • This home will only be available for purchase with crowns once it goes live.
    [/list]

Are you ******* kidding me? This is bull ****. Will you just make ONE nice house that isn't a **** crown exclusive?!?

This one doesn't make sense since it's not even an original asset. It just re-uses a housing asset that's been in the game since launch. All crown store houses up until now have been original assets. You were presumably paying for the time it took developers to model the new house. Now we're paying for the time it took developers to copy and paste an existing house into a housing instance. How many minutes did that take?

It should be available to people who bought the Imperial Edition. Just another spit into everyones face, im speechless.

This sets a bad trend for housing in DLC areas. I'm hopeful that this is the ONLY DLC house that is strictly available for Crowns - or that there will also be houses in the same DLC areas that are available for gold.

It would be fine if it was an original asset. But this asset has been in the game since it launched in 2014. The amount of development time it takes to copy and paste something into a new location is minimal. This isn't like the cave or the island, where they needed to model an entirely new asset.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BraidasNM wrote: »
    im just curious why valkyn is still an instant, unavoidable proc when all the others have been nerfed

Valkyn Skoria is not instant - it's delayed with a telegraphed rumble/noise as it gets ready to impact. One can easily ward up in response to the proc. If YOU have problems with Skoria, then that's YOUR problem. L2P and stop crying.
    Nerfing something doesn't improve your gameplay - it just means you'll lose to something else.

You mean learn to play magicka since this proc removes counterplay from medium armor builds like so many other things in this game.

If you are using medium armor, then you shouldn't even be getting attacked by Skoria in the first place. Medium means you are ambushing your opponent form stealth - that is, your opponent isn't going to be fighting for very long if at all. Nerfing an armor set because you foolishly engage an enemy out in the open without cover or a group to support you is ridiculous.

I don't personally think Skoria is bad enough to warrant any changes (there is a warning cue to it - you block for 0,5s & carry on), but why do you think medium users shouldn't be engaging enemies out in the open, while anyone else can? Why should I require "cover" or group support (neither of which are available in a duel scenario for instance) to compete with other builds?

There's the problem with medium armor - you can't avoid getting hit by the hard hitting stuff anymore.

People used to complain even when it was mainly just jesus beam & DoTs going through dodge roll, these days it's over half the skills out there.

Dueling in medium armor is not a reason for combat changes. Duels are OPTIONAL, they are completely NON-STEALTH, and they do not simulate a real fight in Cyrodiil. Medium armor players that duel do so with the understanding that their entire advantage is negated the nature of a duel in the first place.

That is a poor argument, I've played stealthy medium armor rogues/assassins in half a dozen MMOs & been perfectly able to duel people in them & stay competitive. Why do you think ESO should be different?

Especially considering that this 1v1 weakness is more of a recent development - duels in medium armor used to be perfectly balanced in 2014/2015.
    Edited by DDuke on July 31, 2017 6:51PM
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Banished Cells I and II

High Kinlord Rilis will once again leave his platform to engage player characters."

In the 2nd version Rilis wasn't stuck on the platform, but the Daedroth adds were. Are they able to leave their 'prison' now?
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

First of all, your narrow view of how builds are 'supposed' to work is ignorant.

Secondly, you've refuted your own argument. You can't dodge skoria, therefore there is limited counter play to it in medium armor.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys no longer doing class balance changes?
    Magicka Templar is severely lacking in DPS.

You gave it 1 patch of fame and since then it's been down hill
    #MOREORBS
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Makes me laugh hearing about the "infused oblivion" enchant moans... I can tell it's Vampires and Shield Stacker Sorcs/Magclasses complaining. haha It's all about the natural balance here... oblivion enchant users need some way to counter Sorcerers, as well as Vampires. You take it away and nerf it to oblivion... no pun intended... then they will continue to just reign like always. If I die by Oblivion damage, I look at it myself - I'm then relying too much on shields as a Mageblade and need other means like HoTs to maintain health, or different potions to counteract them.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Man, feels like you guys really just don't like tanks. Defending nerfed. Shield CP passive nerfed. Plague Dr. nerfed. Sustain nerfed repeatedly in different ways through various patches. DK nerfs (I know, specific class, but it effected DK tanks obviously). Maybe the secret to getting sorcs brought into balance is to start shield tanking on them lol.

Man, I couldn't collect these faster and better.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why nerf spinner and sprig along with all the weapon traits. This is actually BUFFING heavy armor. So good job. Do something about heavy while you nerf everything. Nice start on the proc sets but I'd suggest longer cool down times
  • Dr.NRG
    Dr.NRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    :................( Buhuhuhuhuhhuhuhuhuhuh so very disappointed:(
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

Don't bother, it will just cost $200 in the crown store like everything else.

That didn't stop me from getting the other homes now, did it?

I don't mind supporting a game I've been playing since launch for 3 years now, and I'll gladly get a nice new home to live in within Tamriel in return for the money that I can spare.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Valkyn Skoria needs to be nerfed.
    It procs all the time.
    Dot builds need a burst mechanic, that's cool, leave the damage as it is.
    Increase the cooldown of the effect. Make the Skoria user work with the burst to take down the enemy, WHEN THE SET PROCS, don't give them constant free damage.

Nerf Valkyn Skoria by increasing the CD by a good amount of time. It's for the best.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on July 31, 2017 7:32PM
  • Dorrino
    Dorrino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most I've been crit on my squishy medium stamblade with Lethal Arrow is around 7-8k (not counting the no CP cap days or Snipe pre-nerfs).
    Bow does not kill good players.

@DDuke

The most i've been crit on my squishy stamblade with Lethal Arrow was ~13k on 6 impen. You forgot empower and crit damage from stealth (now fixed).

8-9k is still a casual number for a properly specced ganker.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a poor argument, I've played stealthy medium armor rogues/assassins in half a dozen MMOs & been perfectly able to duel people in them & stay competitive. Why do you think ESO should be different?

Especially considering that this 1v1 weakness is more of a recent development - duels in medium armor used to be perfectly balanced in 2014/2015.

Those other "half-dozen MMOs" did things their way. ESO treats medium armor differently. Dueling people is something you do that's an OPTIONAL and unrepresentative component of actual PvP combat. Being upset that your rogue doesn't tank hits out in the open like Heavy Armor or a fully warded mage is ridiculous. Medium armor trades defense for extra burst damage and stealth bonuses - in THIS game.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »
    The most I've been crit on my squishy medium stamblade with Lethal Arrow is around 7-8k (not counting the no CP cap days or Snipe pre-nerfs).

@DDuke

The most i've been crit on my squishy stamblade with Lethal Arrow was ~13k on 6 impen. You forgot empower and crit damage from stealth (now fixed).

It's still not very significant for damage that is blatantly telegraphed. Never mind that given the scenario where 3-4 snipes are in the air, one dodge roll negates the whole lot of them.

Snipe can be interrupted, snipe can be reflected, snipe can be dodged, worst case scenario snipe can be blocked. The damage is telegraphed and the sniper is snared while casting.

it's really only potent against inexperienced players or extreme lag environments where the sniper hasn't lagged out but their target has.

Using snipe very actively and it's best aspect is forcing players to use resources to defend. Good players won't get hit often and will make you pay if you hit them.

Point is at this present stage of ESO complaining about snipe in any form is L2P fodder.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

First of all, your narrow view of how builds are 'supposed' to work is ignorant.

Secondly, you've refuted your own argument. You can't dodge skoria, therefore there is limited counter play to it in medium armor.

You can block Skoria's proc, mitigating its damage. Also, if you actually READ: I said that you can Dodge, GANK, or die.
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YoshinJaa wrote: »
    That's a big hit to Green Pact and Plague Doctor. They are certainly still viable, but I'm curious where the nerf is coming from for those.

Exactly. Wtf was the problem again, now with maxHP tank builds? And yes, that 2.3k maxHP could count.

Meanwhile crit sets were buffed, just to nerf them in the next patch?!

they are buffing the 2-4pc health bonuses so its not really a loss I don't think

From the PDr. 2-4 pcs bonus-buffs we get ~300 back.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dorrino wrote: »

@DDuke

Well, very much depends on CP allocation - I have 56 points in Ironclad & 43 in Resistant so that reduces any instant damage from stealth by quite a lot (44% crit resistance, 20.15% direct dmg resistance, 11.10% physical/disease/poison dmg resistance+17% armor mitigation to be precise).

7-8k is the maximum I take (in both CP & noCP), but then again good players don't really run bow on EU atleast so maybe it could be higher for someone who knows what they're doing.
    Edited by DDuke on July 31, 2017 7:56PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks nice but there is no way to tests the WW changes since you didn't giver us character copies and still don't max our WW skills.

Did they remove the "werewolf maxer" from templates? I didn't look for it this PTS cycle, but it was surely there previously. @Rmmichael95
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Linchal Grand Manor: This imposing estate in the Nibenese style was originally built as the summer manor of an Imperial City nobleman, now sadly deceased. Gardens with statues and a reflecting pool surround the stately walled mansion. Sumptuous!

This home will only be available for purchase with crowns once it goes live.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get an ETA on Skoria nerf? Because ya know it's not like an undodgeable uncounterable 5k meteor every 5 seconds that does even more damage to vamps is unbalanced at all