The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS NERF: Earthtear Cavern Changes... Noooooooooo :(

• Attica-Centurius
    Not such a wiz on how to add pictures or pictures with maps but wanted to contribute to this topic as well.

imgur.com/a/028to

First two pictures shows the south western part. One far off, the other close up. It is possible to see a string of Dunmer flags and basin, disappearing inside the new rock, which used to be fully visible.

Third picture shows the western part at the pillar. If looked closely it is possible to see a Bosmer table now clipping into the new rock. This entire area used to be (almost) fully available for furniture.

Fourth picture shows me suddenly being stuck at the same area as picture two. So not even is the new rock on this part looking like it was made in a matter of seconds it even created a huge gap with ' stuck' spot.

Oh wait, just had an insightful moment....ZOS is this preparation to get the area BEHIND the big pillar as extra building space..! o.O
    Don't mind giving up those small rocks for that huge walled off area behind the pillar. :smiley:
    Edited by Attica-Centurius on June 9, 2017 12:59AM
  • misfitmanic
    misfitmanic
    ✭✭✭
    Kesstryl wrote: »
    Hundings palatial got a new window. Second floor on the left... not complaining.. just mentioning

Out of curiosity, I'd like to know more about which houses received changes too. I haven't noticed anything uncanny in my own houses (I don't own Hundings or the Cavern) but I'd like to know if other houses have received noticeable changes.

Stay-Moist got some annoying changes (removal of rock walls and posts in courtyard) that left a bunch of my furnishing floating in the air. Still cannot sit in the chairs I place inside and outside the home.
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    To anyone who has bought the Earthtear Cavern... it's changed :(

ZOS I've spent months working on a guild hall, and you have now placed HUGE rocks closing up sections of the Cavern where I had built areas. Now all my items are placed deep inside new rock walls. It was an AMAZING design... but its completely ruined. Why do this?

Please revert these changes. Now I have soo many items trapped behind walls and if I retrieve the wrong items the whole base is ruined and I have to start from scratch.

LOL GET ZOSED!
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I can confirm the indoor rain in Earthtear on ps4. Almost constant. Makes my indoor seem... outdoor. Lol
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I can confirm the indoor rain in Earthtear on ps4. Almost constant. Makes my indoor seem... outdoor. Lol

Hey thanks for confirming this! It's been driving me mad. It literally is constant. Like a broken record. Rain, storm.. brief stop and then Rain and storm and rinse and repeat.

I've been trying to redesign some areas as I took so much down that I now need to put into some other areas, and I wanted to get this finished so I could open it to the guild in a finished state... but (and I know it sounds silly) it's kinda hard to get into an artistic design frame of mind when it's constantly rain rain rain... it's like Chinese Water Torture on a grand scale. I've given up and taken a break from the game for the time being. This and all the nerfs and CP changes were just a little too much to bare.
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have most of the houses in the game, many bought with gold some with crowns too, but haven't done a full tour to check them all but like others I'd have serious concerns if ZoS feel like they are entitled to make unannounced arbitrary cosmetic changes to things that we have had to purchase - if they are fixes to some problem then they should be in the patch notes. If they are simply tinkering with items people have purchased for real money then apart from destroying some creative stuff like the OP has experienced they are also further degrading what remaining trust players have that they can safely buy items and actually get (and retain) what they paid for...
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on what happened here, and what can be done to remedy the situation?

I was imagining it would be as simple as sending an email around the office to ask "who updated the Earthtear Cavern with changes, and why? and can these be revereted as we are getting complaints?"
  • VampiricByNature
    VampiricByNature
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh.. crap. Finally went into my cavern further and looked at the corner you are talking about. I'm on ps4 so I was hopeful this was a pc thing. I had built a small house in that section and it is now completely obstructed by a big rock. Had to retrieve all my pcs.

We already had a lot of invisible walls and invisible ceiling space. This was very sad to me. Not a huge deal but... why did they change it? :( many crowns later......
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry this happened to your houses!

On the other hand it gives me hope that they will go back and adjust some old crown items that were poorly done (clipping, coloring, etc). Barrel chested costumes (more a problem with women's costumes), outfits made for stationary npcs that clip when you use them (Glenmoril witch robes), tiny tiny welwas and more.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • MeNMyArrow
    MeNMyArrow
    Soul Shriven
    someone at zos asked about the location of the rock.. PLEASE move it. not sure if I know how to post a screen shot here. We shall soon see :)
  • MeNMyArrow
    MeNMyArrow
    Soul Shriven
    Well that didn't work, the rock is located directly across from the large land mass's northern tip to the far west where there Is a platform that has a concrete pillar, it has taken up space from the platform and the adjacent small room behind that. PLEASE Zos, you can fix this, I have faith in you :)
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who remembers the underwater dye stations when they were first added to game...not surprised this sort of thing is still happening.

Maybe that guy is still working for ZOS.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not such a wiz on how to add pictures or pictures with maps but wanted to contribute to this topic as well.

Your welcome
    n0JniHT.jpg
    Qutvzrr.jpg
    4QCHoJp.jpg
    RnkdnMP.jpg
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    I too found this change upsetting. I didn't have a balcony but I did camouflage that cubby hole and placed a dummy inside for a secret dps testing spot. Even bought trees and made furnishing completely for it and it was one of my favorite bits of the cave as I could practice my rotation in their for hours and no one would find me even if they travelled to me.

It's especially disturbing as I look at some of the other areas I have build outs on like the second floor I made in the back and am now forced to wonder when is zos just going to randomly come and take this area that I've spent time on away for no real reason.

I agree with OP taking away spaces like this might be legal but that doesn't make it right and it's a huge loss for creative appeal. I don't just spend time running around my digital house measuring curtains but I do very much enjoy creating and making a unique showcase for my achievements and my personality which I do believe is one of the reasons housing was created for. To have that broken for no reason is at best confusing and at worst a special way for Zos to say F U to the people actually trying to play fully with the content.
    Edited by Iccengi on June 13, 2017 3:30PM
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    Also I'd add that invisible wall on the eastern ledge is one of the most disappointing pointless bits in the cave. It's a great space that could really find some appeal.

And slightly off topic again the item cap at 700 is also ridiculous as the cave (and island) is easily twice the size of the largest non crown exclusive home. Perhaps this is something that could be raised (or heck doubled) with the fancy new dlc release that was just announced especially as there will be more "new fabulous housing items" that we can't fit in our fabulous mostly empty but still at cap home.
  • BigES
    BigES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine if you bought a pepperoni pizza only to later find out that, on the ride home, the pizza transformed into a submarine sandwich. It may still be good food, but it isn't what was wanted nor what was purchased and no amount of small print on behalf of the pizza shop owner would make such a practice morally right.

Uh. You would complain if someone gave you a magical transforming pizza?
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »
    Imagine if you bought a pepperoni pizza only to later find out that, on the ride home, the pizza transformed into a submarine sandwich. It may still be good food, but it isn't what was wanted nor what was purchased and no amount of small print on behalf of the pizza shop owner would make such a practice morally right.

tee hee
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    So....a week later and no word? They happily received our crowns (cash), changed what we paid for and then....crickets. Is there any recourse? I do not mind spending money on items, supporting the game I enjoy however I do mind getting shafted (and not in the good way).
    Edited by makerofthings on June 14, 2017 2:03AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigES wrote: »

But the pizza never transforms again, you tell people but they don't believe, you drag the sandwich across the earth trying to get people to believe you. You get locked up, finally after years you take a bite of the sandwich... It's gone stale

Moral of the story?

Just eat the #$_&ing thing lmao
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi Gina. Any news on this?

It seems like it would be a simple thing to find out what happened and why... perhaps more so than a solution.

i really wish I had video or photos of what the areas looked like before the new mountain was placed on top of the area... it's hard to show exactly how big of an area was consumed and blocked off by these changes... It is VERY BIG!

The problem isn't just one of lost space at ground level, but vertical too. For example, think of a three story building, each a studio flat. That is a good description. It's not just a room, but a three story area that is no longer accessible because a mountain of rock has been placed in the area consuming all three stories of building area.

The inside weather situation is also extremely annoying. I think it would be very good to get an update on what can be done about this situation.

With all respect to the ZOS design team, it is a lot to ask players to put up with these unessesary and senseless changes, especially when the purchase of the digital property costs real money, and a lot of it.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are probably multiple versions of the cavern that Zos has. My guess is that a different version than what was originally purchased became copied and pasted in place of the original version.

This type issue happened in the past when disguises were changed.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    "With all respect to the ZOS design team, it is a lot to ask players to put up with these unnecessary and senseless changes, especially when the purchase of the digital property costs real money, and a lot of it."

This.

I could understand if this was an in-game item what was earned through questing or an achievement. However this was paid for with actual money and it seems odd to me that we can not get an update on this. If it was a oversight, fine, then roll it back to how it was. If it was deliberate, then give us an option to refund the crowns/ or cash for the purchase.

I would prefer a rollback though having the money back in my pocket would be groovy as well. I understand this only affects a small percentage of the population and that there are larger issues for the devs to deal with however when I pay for something I expect to receive the item as it was presented. If not, I should have the option to return it.
  • Stopnaggin
    Stopnaggin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "With all respect to the ZOS design team, it is a lot to ask players to put up with these unnecessary and senseless changes, especially when the purchase of the digital property costs real money, and a lot of it."

This.

I could understand if this was an in-game item what was earned through questing or an achievement. However this was paid for with actual money and it seems odd to me that we can not get an update on this. If it was a oversight, fine, then roll it back to how it was. If it was deliberate, then give us an option to refund the crowns/ or cash for the purchase.

I would prefer a rollback though having the money back in my pocket would be groovy as well. I understand this only affects a small percentage of the population and that there are larger issues for the devs to deal with however when I pay for something I expect to receive the item as it was presented. If not, I should have the option to return it.

While I agree with the sentiment that they should have at least given some kind of warning, and no we don't like changes. I don't think it was bad enough to ask for a refund. It was only a couple small out of the way places that were effected. I don't think there was enough testing, just like the rest of the game, where they thought outside of the box, so to speak. Players always seem to find the out of the norm problems. It it was a problem of getting out of the map, they should have placed an invisible wall out of the viewable area.
  • lonestarranger
    lonestarranger
    ✭✭✭
    This wasnt the only house that got changed. The large bosmer house had a rock added and i had to retrieve items trapped in it
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hundings palatial got a new window. Second floor on the left... not complaining.. just mentioning
    @xBOOBOOxKITTYx Ah, I sent a bug report about that a while back, in Hundings Palatial Hall on the second floor on the left there was a weird window-shaped frame that you could see from certain angles. You could see the window perfectly fine from outside. Obviously the window was bugged. Glad to know they fixed it.
    For reference, here's what it was like before:
    pc9Anme.png
    PC/EU DC
  • mareikeb16_ESO
    mareikeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Hunding's Palatial Hall they have removed all starfishes and all seaweed from the beach :s
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Hunding's Palatial Hall they have removed all starfishes and all seaweed from the beach :s

Whaaat?? :( I guess they want us to use up are precious (and very few) furnishing slots :(
    PC/EU DC
  • mareikeb16_ESO
    mareikeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whaaat?? :( I guess they want us to use up are precious (and very few) furnishing slots :(

That would be really nasty....
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stopnaggin wrote: »
    While I agree with the sentiment that they should have at least given some kind of warning, and no we don't like changes. I don't think it was bad enough to ask for a refund. It was only a couple small out of the way places that were effected. I don't think there was enough testing, just like the rest of the game, where they thought outside of the box, so to speak. Players always seem to find the out of the norm problems. It it was a problem of getting out of the map, they should have placed an invisible wall out of the viewable area.

With regards to a refund... I certainly would not want one. I purchased the Cavern for my guild and have spent a crazy amount of hours putting something special together for them all to use. All I would like is to revert these changes as they were totally unessesary, and unwanted. They are nonsensical changes. They do nothing to 'fix' anything, and they do nothing to add anything. They are done because someone decided to do it, nothing more.

With regards to "It was only a couply of small out of the way places"... That is entirely incorrect. Players in the game can purchase small rooms, and small properties that are in fact smaller than the area blocked off by a mountain of rock. Sure in a huge Cavern it may appear small, but in effect it is not small.

With regards to "It it was a problem of getting out of the map, they should have placed an invisible wall out of the viewable area".... No you could not get out. I explored every inch of the Cavern. There is already an entire invisible wall in that area blocking off access to getting outside. I explored the whole area and even tried to get out just to see how far the invisible wall extended. It entirely covered the areas where it would look like you could get out. The invisible wall in the ceiling also extends for about 20-30 lower than the actual physical ceiling. Why? Who knows. I suspect the designers themselves just thought very linear and did not consider anyone would want to build vertically. There was in effect no reason for filling in the areas.

EDIT: italics and bold
    Edited by MacCait on June 15, 2017 5:50PM
  • xBOOBOOxKITTYx
    @xBOOBOOxKITTYx Ah, I sent a bug report about that a while back, in Hundings Palatial Hall on the second floor on the left there was a weird window-shaped frame that you could see from certain angles. You could see the window perfectly fine from outside. Obviously the window was bugged. Glad to know they fixed it.
    For reference, here's what it was like before:
    pc9Anme.png

Yup, exactly there. I covered that mess up with a painting- which is probably the only reason I noticed something was different
This discussion has been closed.