The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS NERF: Earthtear Cavern Changes... Noooooooooo :(

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is someone able to upload a screenshot of the map that shows where you're standing when seeing these rocks?

I'm on it... just a bit slow as trying to retrieve all items stuck behind the new wall.

Unless someone else posts before me which is fine
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, that is very disappointing. I hope they are able to revert the changes. Earthear Cavern is the one Crown only house that I'm really considering, but I think these changes are detrimental.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip]

Considering the cavern did cost 15,000 crowns I think questions like the OP had are legitimate and not whining. Considering the cost it's more than legitimate that the community mod responds.

All you have to say is that housing isn't important to you. Yet if there are issues they should be fixed like all other bugs. Does ZOS do this? No. But that doesn't make me a hypocrite. I don't even own the cavern.

[Edit for removed quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 6, 2017 5:20PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Imagine if you bought a pepperoni pizza only to later find out that, on the ride home, the pizza transformed into a submarine sandwich.

This is a pretty dramatic exaggeration. Like, come on man. Your knee jerk emotional response is duly noted. A more comparable example is you ordered an 18" pie pepperoni pizza and then find out that they put anchovies on less than a quarter of the pie.

as you still have the same thing, its still the earthtear cavern, you just cant access a small portion of it that you could before because something was put in the way. Soemthing the OP has noted you can move back out of the way btw.

Furthermore: The OP has yet to post any pics. even ZOS is asking for them. MEANING: this could be a total and utter misunderstanding. but lets take the OP's word for gold.

why would you take his word for gold? unless you had some emotional dissonance towards ZOS. like, the tank changes as evidence to your signature. . .

even if he did post pics, so what? if its a mistake its a mistake and ZOS will fix it.

[snip]

Leave your baggage somewhere else and, instead, try to make the game better for everyone. I personally don't care for housing a whole lot, but I know a rotten happening when I see one.

I remember when something purely aesthetic, that I personally enjoyed, was changed by mistake and, yes, it was fixed, but only after complaining on the forums. And I am grateful for those who joined me in conversation to help me get that aesthetic change mostly fixed.

That is the whole point of the forums - having a healthy community that works together. I'm sick and tired of people like you that take any small opportunity to try and belittle others over the parts of the game that they enjoy. Additionally, how can you seriously give the benefit of the doubt to the company after all of the plain wacky occurrences that have gone on in this game? How can you think that we should just sit around and twiddle our thumbs when something goes astray? This company doesn't have the best track record for fixing things (look at extended chains), but they do have the capability of doing the right thing from time to time.

[snip]

[Edit for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 6, 2017 5:23PM
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Mitoice
    Mitoice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude... this house costs nearly 100 bucks.... if o spent 100 bucks for something and they changed it.. i will also be mad.. just saying
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is someone able to upload a screenshot of the map that shows where you're standing when seeing these rocks?

The change to this area was much more disapointing. I wish I had screenshots before the patch to show you what you could achieve with this area. Its a pretty big area that has disapeared behind this new rock... 3 levels high... all gone behind lots of huge boulders:

This is a shot of location:

HdMHR6Y.jpg

Entrance to 3 level pub area:

ZdnYCUe.jpg

You can see there is a doorway here, trapp behind this new boulder... behind the doorway was a whole area, with a spiral staircase leading up to 3 levels and each with a viewing area looking out at sceneary.

gfpjX9a.jpg

3ZoUGOM.jpg

Area, now that most has been taken down:

d0GrlL2.jpg

This is where it is on the map:

D0D8I2k.jpg

This is the other area near waterfall on left side of cavern from the entrance.

I had already removed the designed area before being asked to post. Again, it was large enough to create a whole area in there with a khajiit vacation tent, trees, platforms up to other areas. When I logged on it was mostly behind these new boulders. Very disapointing.

Wi7SMWU.jpg

Map of this area:

AL2FzE9.jpg

EDIT: Original photo's were removed by free host, so used a different one and added new links here
    Edited by MacCait on June 8, 2017 12:13AM
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hey Gina.

Areas taken down now, so i'll just re-design something else. Not sure if you were intending a fix or something... but one thing that I think would be a good fix is the weather indoors effects. Only because it seems kinda silly. Its like any other house in game. You don't expect it to be full on terrential rain when there is a storm outside. If the area has a ceiling, it would make sense that apart from drip affects, it doesn't rain inside the entire cavern.

Its just coding after all.

Just if using for a guild base, it does seem kind of stupid ;)

Thanks

• perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Stone reduced Alcove Size By Half
    Screenshot_20170606_113558_zpsguqxhdv9.png

Stone Added to close off area behind pillar and outer border wall
    Screenshot_20170606_113347_zpsfjx8jzdu.png

In front of what should be an open balcony area closed off by invisible wall
    Screenshot_20170606_113904_zpsowvbxmii.png

• perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @MacCait , As a side note, your skills are most impressive! Wish you were on PC to school some of us designers there on your tricks!
    Edited by perogwin_ESO on June 6, 2017 3:55PM
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doh... just a note on the INSIDE WEATHER issues... a friend came in and it wasn't raining for them, so I relogged and the rain affect went away. Not sure why but character was bugged.

Glad to know that's not a new bug. Just the added rocks and walls that make the cavern smaller
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MacCait wrote: »
    Doh... just a note on the INSIDE WEATHER issues... a friend came in and it wasn't raining for them, so I relogged and the rain affect went away. Not sure why but character was bugged.

Glad to know that's not a new bug. Just the added rocks and walls that make the cavern smaller

Weather isn't like time-of-day. A player standing next to you can experience clear blue skies while it's raining for you (weather is locally generated) so I'm not sure you won't experience rain again at a later date...
    PS4NA
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @dotme , do you think there is a way to always make the weather appear a certain way?
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dotme , do you think there is a way to always make the weather appear a certain way?

I'm not aware of any weather related API functions. Based on how it looks I would assume it is randomly chosen whenever you login and after so many minutes.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok no its defo a bug... :(
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »

Weather isn't like time-of-day. A player standing next to you can experience clear blue skies while it's raining for you (weather is locally generated) so I'm not sure you won't experience rain again at a later date...

Had the Cavern for months... this behaviour is new. Its a change in the coding

If you buy a house from the crown store... it's not supposed to rain inside the house. its a bug. this is what is occuring.

As for weather outside, I had always understood is was acroos the game. If you are in Auridon for example and the weather is sunny, all in Auridon experience it as sunny. Always has been that way on console. I don't know about PC
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    There have been multiple posts removed in this thread for baiting or flaming. Baiting someone who is having an issue and is looking for help is not something we permit. Please keep your posts in this thread civil and constructive going forward.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weather is player instanced I think. But Raining inside interiors is a bug.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for weather outside, I had always understood is was acroos the game. If you are in Auridon for example and the weather is sunny, all in Auridon experience it as sunny. Always has been that way on console. I don't know about PC
    No, weather is local to the player.

You can literally have two computers next to each other and both players are standing in the exact same spot and they will have completely different weather.
    shades.gif
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    No, weather is local to the player.

You can literally have two computers next to each other and both players are standing in the exact same spot and they will have completely different weather.
    shades.gif

Really?? Lol in 2 years in this game i NEVER knew that. Wow lol. Wouldn't real life be fun if it worked that way too ;)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It sounds like there's a bug with outside weather getting through to the cavern, and weather is instanced differently for everyone. Many a time have I stood next to a friend and complained about ingame rain while it was a bright sunny day for them, and vice versa. So it sounds like your character had rainy weather=>rain was inside whereas your friend's character had sunny weather=>no rain whatsoever=>no rain inside. You relogging evidently changed the weather for you to a non rainy one as well.

I think I've heard of it raining through some of the big houses' roofs too though I might be wrong here, don't have one myself. Definitely sounds like a bug if it's still happening.

As for the original topic, it'd be really nice if Zenimax stopped "fixing" things that are not broken. Respect to you for the mature attitude about it(as well as the architecture-al(is that a word?) creativity, shame it got gutted there) though :)
    Edited by Magdalina on June 6, 2017 6:28PM
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the guys at ZOS will reconsider these areas... After tearing it all down and trying some new things for those areas, it's very limiting now. In terms of space, its like 3 snugpods, one on top of the area, completly deleted from the Cavern. If like me, you live in London, that's basically the size of 3 storied flats gone.

Not to mention the view. An entire wing has been lost, so you can't look out at the scenery of that area...

Just saying, seems a bit much and for no reason at all.

If onme of the design team responsible for the Cavern was authorised time to work on it... there were lots of things that needed fixing. For example, the invisible walla that are actually INSIDE the Cavern and blocking off from builing. Another person has submitted the area in a previous post. Also, the ceiling. I built rooms up in the ceiling, but there are invisible walls that are 30-40 feet lower than the actual ceiling. Does the ceiling really NEED invisible walls, if it is a solid ceiling??? Fixing any of these and other mentioned issues with the Cavern that has been discussed in soooo many posts, would have been a far better use of someone's time, rather than breaking things and deleting areas that where not an issue in any way at all.

A revert to how it was originally would be very much appreciated, I'm sure not just by myself but by anyone who spent 15,000 crowns on the cavern.

Anyhoo... onto other things...
  • Erraln
    Erraln
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly your build was overperforming and needed adjustment, right? Can't have some people's houses out-parsing others.

/s
    Edited by Erraln on June 6, 2017 7:54PM
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really unfortunate, and I hope they fix it. :(

They randomly added two totem poles to Grand Topal Hideaway, also...for some weird reason. I noticed them with the Morrowind patch. The two lights I had placed there were stuck inside the totem poles. I haven't noticed anything else with that property yet, but reading this makes me wonder if more things are changed I just haven't noticed.
    ->--Willow--<-
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Really?? Lol in 2 years in this game i NEVER knew that. Wow lol. Wouldn't real life be fun if it worked that way too ;)

...You have never lived in Florida have you :D

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erraln wrote: »
    Clearly your build was overperforming and needed adjustment, right? Can't have some people's houses out-parsing others.

/s

Hahaha that really made me laugh :)
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...You have never lived in Florida have you :D

haha... No I haven't... I visited once... got chased by a Hurricane, left Florida... it followed us (true story). Scary night.

Family is from the Highlands of Scotland though... There is a saying, 'If you don't like the weather in the Highlands, stick around... changes so quickly'. Can go from summery sun, to wind and rain, to snow, and back to Sun... all in a short car journey ;)
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MacCait I get your frustration, OP. The others are being know-it-alls, lol

I own the island and spent all afternoon building a pirate's cove stone terrace patio up in the cliffs (thanks for the statue pedestals, ZOS!). It took flipping forever. If a bolder was suddenly covering it, I'd be aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannoyed.
  • GoldParadox
    GoldParadox
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @ZOS_GinaBruno

I put effort into it and made a nice series of screenshots with map INCLUDED. As so, I also had to MANUALLY remove all the items stuck behind the boulder and unusable, by going into retrieve and looking into EACH category. There was at least 30 items and it was really frustrating to do it. Now, all those spots are rendered unusable and useless, I have extra furniture in my bag that I have no use of, some of which took me a lot of crowns and materials to craft. If no changes are made I will send a complaint and a refund because this is not good business. You can't sell a product and alter it months later. If the cavern was made BIGGER, I would have no problem, but the actual building surface got smaller.

h53i0Qj.jpg

wXzi4W6.jpg

4k10TFQ.jpg

1v5D7SS.jpg
    GoldParadox
    | NA | PC | Daggerfall Covenant
    Founder of the Red Crescent Clan
    Ethan Maxwell | CP 690+ Nord Stamina Nightblade
    Flawless Conqueror, Emperor
    ➳Core DPS Raider / Healer
  • makerofthings
    makerofthings
    ✭✭✭
    As an owner of Earthtear I find these changes quite annoying. I am not renting this space, it was paid for with RLM and remodeling should be up to the owner. This was not asked for nor wanted. Please revert to what I paid for.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the price was absurd as-is, it was really a low blow by the ZOS team to do this. The feedback/reaction from Gina on the issue almost makes it seem like a designer with access to housing went rogue! Can't believe they wouldn't have known about this.
    PC-NA
This discussion has been closed.