Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How are players using 5 skills in under a second?!

BlitzWing97
Heated night, Blue and Yellow really pushing back Red for the first time in the month campaign..But i keep coming accross a problem that other players are dealing more damage to myself than i can heal or deal back.
How is any of this possible? 5 separate skills all in under a second!
Have they disabled animations? Is it an exploit? Please someone help because this is just frustrating...

Screenshot of what im on about:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Kpc4phkAW9dWhfa2tpM3NZalU/view?usp=sharing
Edited by BlitzWing97 on June 17, 2017 12:48AM

Best Answers

• Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »
    All the screenshots added by OP consist of 2 skills. The rest are procs from those skills. Nothing to see here.

Isn't there a global cooldown of one second per skill ?

As others stated earlier, the GCD of skills is 0.7s, with that in mind, it's entirely possible to pull off 2 skills in a 1 sec timeframe, assuming low latency.
    Kiss the chaos.
    Answer ✓
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    Idinuse wrote: »
    They cheat most of them, some are deliberatly triggering the so called "Macro Slice", w/wo an application in the backgrund doing it for them.

Another moron that has no clue what they are saying just blowing smoke a macro makes your abilities go off slower plain and simple.

And here we go again.

To make a long story short, almost everyone that followed your path disappeared after the cheat engine bans and didn't reappear until the bans were lifted. It amounts to propaganda, makes no sense as an argument and in any case has been debunked multiple times on this forum.

Instead of starting the cycle, let me just describe to you how the whole cycle goes.

Player A: "Hey everyone, did you hear that Player Z is using a macro to perform better?"

Player B: "Yeah, I hear he can defeat the cooldown."

Players C, D, E and F to Player A: "Impossible, you moron! You can't macro in this game. Even if you could, skillful play performs better."

Players C, D, E and F to Player B: [similar post]

Player A: "Huh? Who ever argues something is impossible? And how would you know? Did you try it?"

Player C and D : "Um, absolutely not, at least one person from ZoS said that is against ToS and can lead to a ban. Uh, I heard it from someone else." [E disappears from the thread.]

Player A: "What? Who told you that?"

Player C and D : "I can't tell you. It's a friend and I don't want to get them in trouble."

Player A: "Let me get this straight. You argued that something is impossible and called me a moron because you heard from someone you can't identify that it was impossible and did the same in response to others. I mean, YOU haven't even tried it. Why would you care so much?"

Player C: "Um, because, giving bad information, it's... um bad?" [player D disappears from the thread].

Player A: "What exactly did your friend say? It wasn't possible using Razer or Logitech? Or wasn't possible scripting lua directly? How many platforms did he try? And why would something you can do yourself not work just as well with a macro? Like if someone recorded their own play and then used it instead. I mean, both are just signals from a computer, right? How about Player X who said he can make macros using cheat engine that let you do all sorts of crazy things, even fly?"

Player C: "I'm done with this thread, if you can't accept the truth what's the point!"

All it takes to show that macros won't "beat" the gcd is to be able to outpace the gcd manually, which isn't that hard. Blockcancel and then start spamming a skill or light attack, it won't come out immediately. You could still try using macros to maximize the animation cancelling people can already do manually, but that will often fail in a live environment where even an ounce of lag exists. In the event that they don't fail, their ability to supercede a player's ability will be minute at best.

Let's start by baselining game mechanics. You can't cancel block with a light attack or ability. Action clipping is based on a hierarchy. In order of increasing precedence, the heirarchy is: basic attacks --> abilities --> block/bash/weapon swap.

Further, unless ZoS implemented a global cooldown while I wasn't paying attention, there is no GCD, only local cooldowns. The local cooldowns are based on groupings and you can't clip an animation until the local cool down ends. It varies from about .4 seconds to around 1 second. For example, all weapon classes have the same CD for differentiating LA/MA/HA (MA=non-fully charged HA). Abilities are also pooled into different groups for purposes of the local CD. There is also another set of cooldowns that is closer to the definition of a GCD. For example, all food and drink is on a single cooldown and there is nothing that can be clipped to shorten the [edit:] duration.

All of this information is available in this forum.

I'm going to take this even deeper so that I don't have to answer propagandists on a situation by situation basis.

You can't beat the local cooldowns manually. It appears they can only be beaten by hack programs like cheat engine used in combination with macros. I haven't come across any information on how it works, but it does. ZoS found a way to detect cheat engine and then bans began. Suddenly, the great players on PC almost universally became mediocre. Not long after, multiple players then posted that the cheat engine makers patched the program and ZoS' detection no longer worked...

As to the successful macro argument, the lag issue used to be the front line of defense for macro users in their propaganda war for a long time in the history of this game. Three things have caused that line of reasoning to stop completely (until now). First, console PvP is a different world than PC , and you won't run into anyone who hops from rock to rock backwards while flawlessly animation cancelling LA ->Ability->Bash. Second, when the cat was let out of the bag wrt cheat engine, players started posting all their secret, some in this forum. Third, it became apparent that some video makers posted videos that did not show any of the "great play" you would see when facing them.

Although not relevant to this discussion, during the double mundus exploit period, a video maker deemed a "great player" made a video in which he put a big black box over the part of his UI that showed his mundus... and was thereafter thought of as a cheater and not a great player by the community.

What are the secrets to making macros unaffected by lag? It's all here in the forum archives. This is old hat.

One technique is based on the fact that ZoS servers will not dock you for requesting a restricted action and will immediately enact the follow-up requested action as if the the first request were never made. By using one or more abilities with a restriction in sequence with one or more abilities that have a different restriction or no restriction, the available action is automatically played out. One player added that if you put a minimal delay between actions so the macro cycled every tenth of a second or less, the macro was always better than player reaction because of the innate human reaction time to visual stimulus which is about 0.2 seconds.

For example, macroing crit rush (minimum range restriction) with most melee skills (5-7 meter maximum range restriction) with a 0.1 second delay would mean you always stay on target and use the available skill regardless of what you see on your screen. I think on reddit, someone showed that ultimates followed the same behavior and can be added to the cycling macro. Someone else showed a way to call a different macro if crit charge fired so that you could expand the chain to something like crit charge-->LA-->incap-->executioner. So if you see something like that in your recap, and all the damage squeezes into 1.5sec [edit:] consistently, yeah...

Someone revealed that macros can be written to vary delays based on network and game server latency using a call of some sort. I don't recall how that works exactly, but apparently it was the basis for cheat engine macros. This was in a Youtube video where the video maker "forgot" to remove the audio stream of a player in his PvP group.

Edited by Wreuntzylla on June 21, 2017 7:28PM
    Answer ✓
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viper and Kra'gh are proc-sets. So he only hit you with ambush > surprise attack. Rest is just procs.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • BlitzWing97
    what does proc stand for?
    Is it the armour/weapon set abilities?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In this case, yes.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Ya but still was hit with a surprise attack ambush all within the same second. Macro slice is what you got hit with.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They cheat most of them, some are deliberatly triggering the so called "Macro Slice", w/wo an application in the backgrund doing it for them.
    Edited by Idinuse on June 17, 2017 1:23AM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    The global cooldown for skills is around 0.7 seconds, so its entirely possible to get ambush, light attack, and surprise attack in under a second.

The "macro slice" can also be accidentally triggered through lag.

People need to not be so quick to assume that the people killing them are doing so by cheating.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Grothar and Vicious Death are proc sets. Burning is a status effect proc from fire damage.

Combo went: Soul Tether>Storm Pulsar.
    PS4 NA DC
  • JDC1985
    JDC1985
    ✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »
    Ya but still was hit with a surprise attack ambush all within the same second. Macro slice is what you got hit with.

Omg you have no clue what your talking about. The only thing using a macro does is makes a players skills go off slower.
    Edited by JDC1985 on June 17, 2017 4:21AM
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heated night, Blue and Yellow really pushing back Red for the first time in the month campaign..But i keep coming accross a problem that other players are dealing more damage to myself than i can heal or deal back.
    Have they disabled animations? Is it an exploit? Please someone help because this is just frustrating...

Its possible for example do this with magicka build and staff attack:
    heavy attack from firestaff, then cast a skill without instant impact, light attack and skill with instant impact.. maybe you have 1-2 proccsets and you can reach 6x damages incoming at same time. When you dont dodge you get blown away. A short lag is enough that you cant do anything against that mechanic.
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They cheat most of them, some are deliberately triggering the so called "Macro Slice", w/wo an application in the background doing it for them.

This, search it you youtube. Most of the streamers do it and often explain bits and pieces of how it is done.

It seems to be basically a visual bug. The abilities they used took the correct amount of time to cast but you didn't get to see them go off one by one. Rather, you see them all happen at once and therefore can't react. Not sure what to tell you. ESO combat is pretty broke in quite a lot of ways.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »

Omg you have no clue what your talking about. The only thing using a macro does is makes a players skills go off slower.

There is a difference between "macro" and "macro slice" in eso. Google it up.
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    f047ys3v3n wrote: »
    They cheat most of them, some are deliberately triggering the so called "Macro Slice", w/wo an application in the background doing it for them.

This, search it you youtube. Most of the streamers do it and often explain bits and pieces of how it is done.

It seems to be basically a visual bug. The abilities they used took the correct amount of time to cast but you didn't get to see them go off one by one. Rather, you see them all happen at once and therefore can't react. Not sure what to tell you. ESO combat is pretty broke in quite a lot of ways.

I'm pretty sure its not a thing any more.. There was another thread recently where a guy claiming he could 'macro-slice' at will showed a vid - and it did appear that he had a pause of a few seconds then all his abilities went off at once. BUT. he tested with a friend - and his friend only saw abilities going off at the proper time, while the attacker was frozen for those seconds.
    They did NOT all hit the target at the same time. It was just client-side lag on the attacker's game.
    Edited by Biro123 on June 17, 2017 12:08PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    I think they are all using monster energy drinks which is illegal in 9 countries
    Edited by FeaR Turbo on June 18, 2017 12:26AM
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the screenshots added by OP consist of 2 skills. The rest are procs from those skills. Nothing to see here.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • timborggrenlarsenb16_ESO

Its called Autohotkey'ing
    FFFRRREEEDDDOOOMMM!!!
    - Be Anyone.
    - Do Anything.
    - Go Anywhere.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... 5 separate skills all in under a second!

Maybe the word "robot" in the opposing player's name offers a clue. The next time that you encounter them, take a screenshot and use < F1 > to report the player. :neutral:

Allegedly, there is such a thing as "animation canceling" but I have not read any instructions as to how to do that. Supposedly, cancelling its animation doesn't stop an ability from being effected, but it does allow the player to use another ability immediately after the animation is cancelled. I don't know whether cancelling animation adversely affects abilities which have a Cast Time or Channel Time.

Then again, after each ability is used there is a Global Cooldown, and some actions, such as using a potion, have an internal cooldown which is longer. Cooldowns are meant to prevent players from "spamming" abilities. There is an add-on which displays the Global Cooldown, but documentation is lacking, and I did not find it useful.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Proc" is just a lazy abbreviation for "process" or "procedure", and "proc" can be used as a verb as well as a noun. That is, when a proc occurs, we say that it "procs" or "proc'ed". Many armour sets have a proc as the 5-piece benefit. "Monster" sets are two-piece, and equipping a second piece of the pair introduces a proc. There are Skill line abilities, usually of their morphs, which also have procs.

Armor and weapon procs are the #1 reason that I don't engage in PvP, and having neither a fast and reliable Internet broadband connection nor a computer that meets at least the "recommended" system requirements are two more.
    Edited by Shadowshire on June 17, 2017 10:53PM

• RIGHTEOUS_REPORT
    RIGHTEOUS_REPORT
    ✭✭✭
    Scripts and macros. Dirty play.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    The global cooldown for skills is around 0.7 seconds, so its entirely possible to get ambush, light attack, and surprise attack in under a second.

The "macro slice" can also be accidentally triggered through lag.

People need to not be so quick to assume that the people killing them are doing so by cheating.
    For what it is worth, from what I've read, the Global Cooldown is one second. Nonetheless, if the GCD is 0.7 seconds, then it would require at least 1.4 seconds to press three keys, with the GCD following the first and the second. So, not only can you press three keys in a bit more than 1.4 seconds, your connection to the "megaserver" is so fast and reliable that the host software will actually process each one and return the result to your gaming rig -- which would require less than ~ 40 ms. for network latency and a FPS of at least 60. Do you have any idea how much a Tier 3 connection costs? (Obviously, the player's computer is not one that just meets the minimum system requirements for TESO).

That said, I don't know anything about "the macro slice". What I do know is that the ESO game client will not accept any keystroke macro, or Lua script, that I have defined and bound to a key on my Logitech G502 mouse. The keybinding interface only recognizes 5 mouse buttons, regardless. Maybe it would work if I could afford to pay my ISP for higher bandwidth. Then again, there are some problems with their network, so paying more for higher bandwidth would likely be throwing good money after bad. Sort of like buying the Morrowind expansion, I expect.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have they disabled animations? Is it an exploit? Please someone help because this is just frustrating. ....

Its called Autohotkey'ing
    Hmmm.... I've thought about running AutoKey to macro the digit < 1 > and < 3 > keys on the compact keyboard that I'm using. However, I doubt that the game client will recognize the key-press. At least it probably won't unless the NumLock key is set, which switches the < Ins > < Home > < PgUp > < Del > < End > < PgDn > and Arrow keys to their respective digits instead. Using a regular PC/AT keyboard with those keys separate from the number keypad would be clumsy on the desk that I'm using, though. Maybe one with a USB port for the mouse would fit spatially. ....

• StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    "Proc" is just a lazy abbreviation for "process" or "procedure", and "proc" can be used as a verb as well as a noun. That is, when a proc occurs, we say that it "procs" or "proc'ed". Many armour sets have a proc as the 5-piece benefit. "Monster" sets are two-piece, and equipping a second piece of the pair introduces a proc. There are Skill line abilities, usually of their morphs, which also have procs.

Armor and weapon procs are the #1 reason that I don't engage in PvP, and having neither a fast and reliable Internet broadband connection nor a computer that meets at least the "recommended" system requirements are two more.

"Proc" stands for Programmed Random Occurrence which is what drives the 5th bonuses of sets such as Viper.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, it's really simple.

If you say use an ability with an animation and you then LA, Bash, Weapon Switch or Roll Dodge the animation will be cut short or not seen at all.

That's animation cancelling.

"Macro slice" is more than likely a player animation cancelling and the game lags, so even though it took approximately 1.5 seconds to do something, you only see the end result of being dead. Can sometimes cause a health-desync, you'll be dead but your resource pools are full, then suddenly shoot to zero.

What erks me, is when these proc sets animations can be cancelled, Selene being the main problem as it suppose to have a dodgeable animation and is OP as an instant attack

Edit: forgot about block too, also there is a global cool down but I do believe they are separate for ability, bash, block, la, etc
    Edited by Waffennacht on June 18, 2017 4:44PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Allegedly, there is such a thing as "animation canceling" but I have not read any instructions as to how to do that. Supposedly, cancelling its animation doesn't stop an ability from being effected, but it does allow the player to use another ability immediately after the animation is cancelled. I don't know whether cancelling animation adversely affects abilities which have a Cast Time or Channel Time.

It is not alleged, I can do it by hand. Press a skill key after a light attack, they both go off almost together. You cannot use more than one skill every .7 seconds, period. All animation cancel does is supercede a skill with something on a different cooldown. You can light attack, block, weapon swap etc with a skill, but you cannot animation cancel two skills to go off together. This is to help combat feel fast paced - imagine if you could only roll dodge if you were standing still and not about to attack.

Channeled attacks are ceased after their current tick, if you cancel them with block. Useful for stopping the last 1.5 seconds of a radiant when you're about to get bulldozed.

Edited by DocFrost72 on June 17, 2017 11:27PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, just sayin, dont trust the timestamps of addons etc. Lagg and all that...

I get called a cheater everyday, multiple times a day. I dont even know where to begin if I even wanted to cheat.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • BlitzWing97
    Thank you all for your help. Its actually been very insightful!
    i raise my hands and accept the screenshots i presented show 2 tone abilities plus extra effects. My own lack of knowledge there.

But these aren't the only instances ;) so macro slice and in-game bug exploits are wonderful to hear about aha

Cheers guys
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your help. Its actually been very insightful!
    i raise my hands and accept the screenshots i presented show 2 tone abilities plus extra effects. My own lack of knowledge there.

But these aren't the only instances ;) so macro slice and in-game bug exploits are wonderful to hear about aha

Cheers guys

FYI animation cancelling is not an exploit, or cheating, it's just something that's there. It's when combined with proc sets, it's essentially bypassing the global cool down, it's essentially dealing 3 attacks in a moment.

I'm not complaining as I'm on Xbox and it's actually very rare to see any real exploits or cheating
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I was still doing large group pvp with a guild every pvp night you hear in ts "wtf i got hit by 5 abilities in a second i got macroed" I would love to actually get a list of the abilities used in those instances....Some could be a delayed damage like backlash, or a proc set that can go off just by an attack. Or u ani cancelled an ultimate like dawnbreaker or incap, and striagh into an execute.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Another moron that has no clue what they are saying just blowing smoke a macro makes your abilities go off slower plain and simple.

And here we go again.

To make a long story short, almost everyone that followed your path disappeared after the cheat engine bans and didn't reappear until the bans were lifted. It amounts to propaganda, makes no sense as an argument and in any case has been debunked multiple times on this forum.

Instead of starting the cycle, let me just describe to you how the whole cycle goes.

Player A: "Hey everyone, did you hear that Player Z is using a macro to perform better?"

Player B: "Yeah, I hear he can defeat the cooldown."

Players C, D, E and F to Player A: "Impossible, you moron! You can't macro in this game. Even if you could, skillful play performs better."

Players C, D, E and F to Player B: [similar post]

Player A: "Huh? Who ever argues something is impossible? And how would you know? Did you try it?"

Player C and D : "Um, absolutely not, at least one person from ZoS said that is against ToS and can lead to a ban. Uh, I heard it from someone else." [E disappears from the thread.]

Player A: "What? Who told you that?"

Player C and D : "I can't tell you. It's a friend and I don't want to get them in trouble."

Player A: "Let me get this straight. You argued that something is impossible and called me a moron because you heard from someone you can't identify that it was impossible and did the same in response to others. I mean, YOU haven't even tried it. Why would you care so much?"

Player C: "Um, because, giving bad information, it's... um bad?" [player D disappears from the thread].

Player A: "What exactly did your friend say? It wasn't possible using Razer or Logitech? Or wasn't possible scripting lua directly? How many platforms did he try? And why would something you can do yourself not work just as well with a macro? Like if someone recorded their own play and then used it instead. I mean, both are just signals from a computer, right? How about Player X who said he can make macros using cheat engine that let you do all sorts of crazy things, even fly?"

Player C: "I'm done with this thread, if you can't accept the truth what's the point!"

Edited by Wreuntzylla on June 19, 2017 9:29PM
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Also, just sayin, dont trust the timestamps of addons etc. Lagg and all that...

I get called a cheater everyday, multiple times a day. I dont even know where to begin if I even wanted to cheat.

Why, did the timestamp function that the server sends to the client via the API get discontinued? Maybe ZoS' servers are incorrectly reporting the timestamp to the addon? Which addon, I haven't noticed any issues when testing with other players.
    Mazbt wrote: »
    When I was still doing large group pvp with a guild every pvp night you hear in ts "wtf i got hit by 5 abilities in a second i got macroed" I would love to actually get a list of the abilities used in those instances....Some could be a delayed damage like backlash, or a proc set that can go off just by an attack. Or u ani cancelled an ultimate like dawnbreaker or incap, and striagh into an execute.

While you probably will never get to see your old guild's list, you can search these forums and find all sorts of great info, including screenshots of things happening in time frames they shouldn't. It was always chalked up to lag until a player leaving the game decided to make a point and used cheat engine to do all sorts of crazy stuff, and then posted a youtube video on it.