The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How are players using 5 skills in under a second?!

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what does proc stand for?
    Is it the armour/weapon set abilities?
    "Proc" is just a lazy abbreviation for "process" or "procedure", and "proc" can be used as a verb as well as a noun. That is, when a proc occurs, we say that it "procs" or "proc'ed". Many armour sets have a proc as the 5-piece benefit. "Monster" sets are two-piece, and equipping a second piece of the pair introduces a proc. There are Skill line abilities, usually of their morphs, which also have procs.

Armor and weapon procs are the #1 reason that I don't engage in PvP, and having neither a fast and reliable Internet broadband connection nor a computer that meets at least the "recommended" system requirements are two more.

"Proc" stands for Programmed Random Occurrence which is what drives the 5th bonuses of sets such as Viper.

You just blew my mind. Haha.

Also, you are getting hit with a standard gap closer and follow up attack with a few procs going off. You dont need a macro or cheat engine to pull it off. People crying cheater are just bitter or dont understand how the game works.
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    The whole lag slice is a totally different visual and audio than the macro slice. I laughed my ass of when I got the laggy slice because the player I was fight was just kinda circling me for a couple seconds while I was blasting on him and then wham I got hit with everything immediately 2 wrecking blows and some executioner. It was clearly one of those laggy moments. The macro slice on the other hand is very easy to distinguish the difference because every other battle you have in a given match seems to be honest and fair but every time you run into that one guy it's a gap closer followed by 4 other abilities and a couple procs within a second.
    Edited by Trashkan on June 19, 2017 10:32PM
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what does proc stand for?

Programmed Random Occurrence

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    Idinuse wrote: »
    They cheat most of them, some are deliberatly triggering the so called "Macro Slice", w/wo an application in the backgrund doing it for them.

Another moron that has no clue what they are saying just blowing smoke a macro makes your abilities go off slower plain and simple.

And here we go again.

To make a long story short, almost everyone that followed your path disappeared after the cheat engine bans and didn't reappear until the bans were lifted. It amounts to propaganda, makes no sense as an argument and in any case has been debunked multiple times on this forum.

Instead of starting the cycle, let me just describe to you how the whole cycle goes.

Player A: "Hey everyone, did you hear that Player Z is using a macro to perform better?"

Player B: "Yeah, I hear he can defeat the cooldown."

Players C, D, E and F to Player A: "Impossible, you moron! You can't macro in this game. Even if you could, skillful play performs better."

Players C, D, E and F to Player B: [similar post]

Player A: "Huh? Who ever argues something is impossible? And how would you know? Did you try it?"

Player C and D : "Um, absolutely not, at least one person from ZoS said that is against ToS and can lead to a ban. Uh, I heard it from someone else." [E disappears from the thread.]

Player A: "What? Who told you that?"

Player C and D : "I can't tell you. It's a friend and I don't want to get them in trouble."

Player A: "Let me get this straight. You argued that something is impossible and called me a moron because you heard from someone you can't identify that it was impossible and did the same in response to others. I mean, YOU haven't even tried it. Why would you care so much?"

Player C: "Um, because, giving bad information, it's... um bad?" [player D disappears from the thread].

Player A: "What exactly did your friend say? It wasn't possible using Razer or Logitech? Or wasn't possible scripting lua directly? How many platforms did he try? And why would something you can do yourself not work just as well with a macro? Like if someone recorded their own play and then used it instead. I mean, both are just signals from a computer, right? How about Player X who said he can make macros using cheat engine that let you do all sorts of crazy things, even fly?"

Player C: "I'm done with this thread, if you can't accept the truth what's the point!"

All it takes to show that macros won't "beat" the gcd is to be able to outpace the gcd manually, which isn't that hard. Blockcancel and then start spamming a skill or light attack, it won't come out immediately. You could still try using macros to maximize the animation cancelling people can already do manually, but that will often fail in a live environment where even an ounce of lag exists. In the event that they don't fail, their ability to supercede a player's ability will be minute at best.
  • squinceybones
    squinceybones
    ✭✭✭
    At least we all learnt what proc stands for :)
  • the_man_of_steal
    the_man_of_steal
    ✭✭✭
    Heated night, Blue and Yellow really pushing back Red for the first time in the month campaign..But i keep coming accross a problem that other players are dealing more damage to myself than i can heal or deal back.
    How is any of this possible? 5 separate skills all in under a second!
    Have they disabled animations? Is it an exploit? Please someone help because this is just frustrating...

Screenshot of what im on about:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Kpc4phkAW9dWhfa2tpM3NZalU/view?usp=sharing

What's really fun is that this person could have hit you with 7 attacks...

All he/she would have to do is ambush, light attack, surprise attack but your feed would say:

Ambush, Viper, Kra'gh, light attack, poison, Kra'gh, Surprise attack... always keep your defenses up!
    Edited by the_man_of_steal on June 20, 2017 5:10PM
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fast fingers.
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LoL Macros stand no chance against a skilled player. Ping varies all the time and a experienced player adjust to each session and each interaction when he shall press the buttons, and no macro can beat that.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Proc" stands for Programmed Random Occurrence which is what drives the 5th bonuses of sets such as Viper.
    Since Set "procs" almost always occur "at random" (i.e., there is a "chance" that the process will occur, but usually there is also a cooldown that stops the "proc" from occurring again within a specified length of time), you could be right.

Then again, I've heard and/or read "proc" used to refer more broadly to various events that can happen, regardless of whether the occurrence of the event is random. For example, when the Health of a certain Boss decreases to xx%, the Boss does something, such as use a special ability. In that example, the ability "proc" is not random, since it always occurs when the condition is satisfied. In the same vein, there are some ESO PC Abilities that have a "proc" which will occur when a condition(s) is satisfied.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, it's really simple.

If you say use an ability with an animation and you then LA, Bash, Weapon Switch or Roll Dodge the animation will be cut short or not seen at all.

That's animation cancelling.
    In other words, the animation for the Light Attack, Weapon Switch, or Roll Dodge replaces the animation for the previous ability, but the effects of the previous ability are applied nonetheless.

Frankly, I've never particularly considered this before. In a huge multitude of fights, I've probably used one of those three "abilities", after using one that is on the Ability Bar, and ordinarily the effects of the one on the Ability Bar which I used were applied to the target. But there have been some exceptions.

(1) Consider whether using an Ability can be, and is, interrupted or abandoned before it is effected. For example, a few spells require some time to "channel". So they are subject to being interrupted by an enemy, or the player can simply stop the channeling prelude. There is an animation during the channeling, and sometimes a short animation when the spell is cast and its effect is applied. I would suppose that an ending animation could be "cancelled", but if the player does anything else with the character during channeling, then channeling per se ends prematurely.

There are other spells which have a "cast time". If the player releases the key which initiates casting the spell before the cast is complete, then casting it is abandoned. The casting can usually be interrupted by an enemy, for example, one which attacks the caster before the casting time ends. Usually the only animation for a spell which has a cast time begins when the player starts the cast and ends when it is cast, so there is no ensuing animation for the player to "cancel".

(2) There seems to have been a change in the design for spells which enable the player to use the mouse to choose a center-point of a circle which will be the spell's Area of Effect. When the key-press for the Ability is used, a targeting circle appears with its center-point at the character's location. The player can change the center-point it by holding the Left Mouse Button (LMB) down, then moving the mouse. The spell isn't cast until the player releases the LMB.

Until recently, if I released the LMB while the center-point was an invalid location, then casting the spell would fail. Now, however, if I release the LMB at an invalid location, the character's location becomes the center-point. That is, the default center-point is the location of the character, and there's no requirement to change it (which has always been the case), but the player must use the LMB to cast the spell. If I recall correctly, the only "animation" occurs while the player chooses the center-point, and it ends when the player releases the LMB. If I press any key or any other mouse button while the LMB is down, then that input is ignored.

(3) In my experience, using Block or Bash cannot interrupt a Light Attack, but they cause a Heavy Attack to strike without being "fully charged". If a spell is "instant cast", then Block or Bash can be used during any animation that follows the key-press to cast the spell without stopping its effects. However, abilities which have a cast time, which are channeled, or for which the location of an AoE can be chosen by the player, are abandoned when the caster uses Bash or Block before the spell is cast. Else, if casting a spell is not interrupted or abandoned, then its effects are applied regardless of what the character does after the cast occurs. The effects of some spells can be dodged or Blocked after they are cast.

All things considered, apparently the Global Cooldown takes effect after an Ability that is on the Ability Bar is used. It stops players from "spamming" such abilities. As far as I can see, there doesn't appear to be a cooldown following a Light Attack or a Heavy Attack (which are "abilities" like the others). Nor does there appear to be one after using Block or Bash.

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »
    All the screenshots added by OP consist of 2 skills. The rest are procs from those skills. Nothing to see here.

Isn't there a global cooldown of one second per skill ?
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on June 21, 2017 3:30AM
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »
    Ya but still was hit with a surprise attack ambush all within the same second. Macro slice is what you got hit with.

Omg you have no clue what your talking about. The only thing using a macro does is makes a players skills go off slower.

you are quite wrong there about macros making skills launch slower. Any smart program for macros, either keyboard or mouse based lets you reduce delay time so that you can have it as close to zero delay or up to 1-2 second, tho thats totally waste of time.
    expecially if you use mechanical keyboard the speedyness of macro and the result is alarmingly fast. i did this spammage test while ago>

spam healing springs with normal keyboard until you reach 1 minute i got to 45, then with mechanical keyboard and healingspring / barswap rotation with having second bar having resto staff too with healing spring> i got it down to 60 healing spring. 15

with macro> most ppl troll by saying that making complex skill combos into macro button is stupid etc thinking that every macro user would do something like that when instead, pro/elite macro user would make combo of skill + bar swap or block, then next macro button skill + bar swap or block and so on.

blackwidow keyboard has 5 macro button dedicated for it. i had them all set for skill + block, and damn... it made my life lot easier when pressing the buttons it saved me the time of blocking myself and all i had to do is press then the next button required to do my rotation. with macros set, all i did to dps was hold my destro lighting staff on auto heavy attacking while here and there pressing the macro buttons, my normal *** dps which was somewhere around 13k went up to 25k with ease.
  • theamazingx
    theamazingx
    ✭✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    Ya but still was hit with a surprise attack ambush all within the same second. Macro slice is what you got hit with.

Omg you have no clue what your talking about. The only thing using a macro does is makes a players skills go off slower.

you are quite wrong there about macros making skills launch slower. Any smart program for macros, either keyboard or mouse based lets you reduce delay time so that you can have it as close to zero delay or up to 1-2 second, tho thats totally waste of time.
    expecially if you use mechanical keyboard the speedyness of macro and the result is alarmingly fast. i did this spammage test while ago>

spam healing springs with normal keyboard until you reach 1 minute i got to 45, then with mechanical keyboard and healingspring / barswap rotation with having second bar having resto staff too with healing spring> i got it down to 60 healing spring. 15

with macro> most ppl troll by saying that making complex skill combos into macro button is stupid etc thinking that every macro user would do something like that when instead, pro/elite macro user would make combo of skill + bar swap or block, then next macro button skill + bar swap or block and so on.

blackwidow keyboard has 5 macro button dedicated for it. i had them all set for skill + block, and damn... it made my life lot easier when pressing the buttons it saved me the time of blocking myself and all i had to do is press then the next button required to do my rotation. with macros set, all i did to dps was hold my destro lighting staff on auto heavy attacking while here and there pressing the macro buttons, my normal *** dps which was somewhere around 13k went up to 25k with ease.

Blockcancelling lololol
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You could have swap cancelled healing springs manually just as fast. Your dps numbers tell me that you just aren't a very dexterous player. You have slow fingers or another way to put it is you have low inputs per minute. Yes macros can help people who have trouble pressing 4-5 keys per second, but for anyone else a macro will just slow you down because of lag and general combat wonkiness that manual entry could identify and correct.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    you cant as fast cancel as macro does. when my finger touch the button that casts healing spring, its already in the next part which is bar swap. without macro. the delay to cast the next healing spring is... somewhere between 0.1sec up to 0.5 sec.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    you cant as fast cancel as macro does. when my finger touch the button that casts healing spring, its already in the next part which is bar swap. without macro. the delay to cast the next healing spring is... somewhere between 0.1sec up to 0.5 sec.

IF exluding mechanical keyboard that is. with normal keyboard it would be even longer.
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You certainly can cancel as fast as a macro for bar swap cancels if your ability and bar swap key are performed by different hands.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ability, LA, 1 sec passes Ability, proc, bash 1 sec passes, ability -2 seconds pass take damage from 5 sources - only possible while ACing
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heated night, Blue and Yellow really pushing back Red for the first time in the month campaign..But i keep coming accross a problem that other players are dealing more damage to myself than i can heal or deal back.
    How is any of this possible? 5 separate skills all in under a second!
    Have they disabled animations? Is it an exploit? Please someone help because this is just frustrating...

Screenshot of what im on about:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0Kpc4phkAW9dWhfa2tpM3NZalU/view?usp=sharing

What's really fun is that this person could have hit you with 7 attacks...

All he/she would have to do is ambush, light attack, surprise attack but your feed would say:

Ambush, Viper, Kra'gh, light attack, poison, Kra'gh, Surprise attack... always keep your defenses up!

That would be an exploit.

Everything in the screenshot is kosher. Based on shorter cooldowns, the fact that Krags tics every .4 sec, and viper is a proc, ambush can land at the start of the second and supprise attack near the end.

Add in a light attack after ambush and it's not possible without violating game mechanics.

Honesty. So honest and for the right purpose that I'll tell you that you should probably delete your post. It's not clear if what you are doing is within the TOS (at least one ZoS source said no, another yes) and ZoS does ban players for admitting to violations of the TOS on these forums. I think that's what happened to Sypher when he let his kid brother play on his account and posted a video of it.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    heh, at this point i dont really care, i havent played anymore actively for months. i just hope that one day we might get this game sorted and all the human trash gone from the game. meanwhile i play some other stuff or build with my technic legos robotic stuff
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh one thing. i never used the macros anywhere else expect doing spindleclutch II couple times to see and adjust the macros and see how much more dps or heal i could muster out by correcting the delays of each skill. just wanted to find the sweet spots and see how hard it would be. i am not even geeky person and i got it all sorted within 2 h of testing.

funny thing is, whenever along eso lineage i been trying to prove all this stuff, i get shot down by.. pretty much anyone.
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The client registering 5 hits on you in one second, does not mean the opposing player triggered them in one second.

It really is an exploit, but an exploit that anyone can do and has been embraced by the developers.

So, working as intended.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The global cooldown for skills is around 0.7 seconds, so its entirely possible to get ambush, light attack, and surprise attack in under a second.

The "macro slice" can also be accidentally triggered through lag.

People need to not be so quick to assume that the people killing them are doing so by cheating.

No the global cooldown for skills is 0.9-1 seconds.

0.7 seconds is the GCD for light attacks.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Procs/travel time, the gcd from ambush was already over by the time he hit you so he could immediately surprise asttack, the others are procs. Even if someone animation cancels or runs a macro you can't speed up the gcd, only cast immediately off cool down. Cheat engine type programs can speed up the gcd by speeding up the entire game, this how people get their "Nikes", but everything it that screen shot seems perfectly explainable.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on June 29, 2017 6:38PM
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    The global cooldown for skills is around 0.7 seconds, so its entirely possible to get ambush, light attack, and surprise attack in under a second.

People need to not be so quick to assume that the people killing them are doing so by cheating.

Excuuuuse me! The developers of the World of Warcraft invented the Global Cooldown, or so I was informed by a veteran player after I had begun to play the game. I even wrote Lua code to maintain an add-on for it. In WoW, a Global Cooldown (acronymn GCD) which follows using each and every ability/spell, by default, has the same time span of 1 second. It prevents players from spamming them, i.e., from repeatedly hitting the key to which an ability/spell is bound -- or just holding the key down -- to use it in rapid succession. The GCD applies to all classes except the Warrior -- since there is no benefit to spamming a Warrior ability, they need no cooldown. There are a few abilities among other classes which have no effect upon combat, so they also are not followed by a cooldown. That said, many WoW abilities/spells are followed by a cooldown that is longer than the GCD, which is simply a default value.

In other words, none of the varying values that players continually attribute to The Elder Scrolls Online "Global Cooldown" (acronym GCD) for skills constitute a global cooldown. Whether there is a truly global cooldown remains unclear. Personally, I've begun to doubt that there is one in TESO. Instead, there are cooldowns of various lengths that follow using one or more specific abilities/spells. I'm reasonably certain that there is no cooldown that follows using many abilities.

On the other hand, if TESO does have an actual default Global Cooldown, then all of the time-spans that have been attributed to it cannot be correct, and maybe none of them are. What is it about "global" that so many players apparently don't understand?

Hudson's 3rd Law of Language: over time, jargon tends to become meaningless mind-mush even for the cognoscenti.

Edited by Shadowshire on July 5, 2017 9:40AM

• Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everquest had a global cooldown, just sayin ^^
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Excuuuuse me! The developers of the World of Warcraft invented the Global Cooldown, or so I was informed by a veteran player after I had begun to play the game. I even wrote Lua code to maintain an add-on for it. In WoW, a Global Cooldown (acronymn GCD) which follows using each and every ability/spell, by default, has the same time span of 1 second. It prevents players from spamming them, i.e., from repeatedly hitting the key to which an ability/spell is bound -- or just holding the key down -- to use it in rapid succession. The GCD applies to all classes except the Warrior -- since there is no benefit to spamming a Warrior ability, they need no cooldown. There are a few abilities among other classes which have no effect upon combat, so they also are not followed by a cooldown. That said, many WoW abilities/spells are followed by a cooldown that is longer than the GCD, which is simply a default value.

In other words, none of the varying values that players continually attribute to The Elder Scrolls Online "Global Cooldown" (acronym GCD) for skills constitute a global cooldown. Whether there is a truly global cooldown remains unclear. Personally, I've begun to doubt that there is one in TESO. Instead, there are cooldowns of various lengths that follow using one or more specific abilities/spells. I'm reasonably certain that there is no cooldown that follows using many abilities.

On the other hand, if TESO does have an actual default Global Cooldown, then all of the time-spans that have been attributed to it cannot be correct, and maybe none of them are. What is it about "global" that so many players apparently don't understand?

Hudson's 3rd Law of Language: over time, jargon tends to become meaningless mind-mush even for the cognoscenti.

There is a universal cooldown that governs when you are able to use an ability after a previous one. There are plenty of ui addons that display this in real time. Blocking, dodge rolling and bashing are off the gcd. Light attacks and bar swap are akin to white attacks from traditional mmo combat. They occupy an inactive space in between the gcd but not entirely off of it like the actions mentioned above.

You can spin it any way you want.. the term has been used since EQ as far as i can remember. The "global" in global cooldown stritcly means a universal cooldown seperate from ability specific cooldowns. That is what it meant then, and that is exactly what it means now.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

There is a universal cooldown that governs when you are able to use an ability after a previous one. There are plenty of ui addons that display this in real time. Blocking, dodge rolling and bashing are off the gcd. Light attacks and bar swap are akin to white attacks from traditional mmo combat. They occupy an inactive space in between the gcd but not entirely off of it like the actions mentioned above.

You can spin it any way you want.. the term has been used since EQ as far as i can remember. The "global" in global cooldown stritcly means a universal cooldown seperate from ability specific cooldowns. That is what it meant then, and that is exactly what it means now.

Where did you find this information @exeeter702? Read my post on the first page. To my knowledge, ESO has *never* had a GCD. This may have changed recently, and I am open to that possibility. Did you test this?