The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Easy Set Weapon Balance Fix - 2-handed weapons count as 2 set items

• tnanever
    tnanever
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    lack of evidence to counter is not proof of an assertion. I cannot disprove you are not the Pope, but that doesnt mean a claim that you are is true

Right, steve. But we're talking about what's most likely. What's most likely is what I said - the devs didn't balance all combinations of sets against 1 vs 2-handed weapon completion. Your assertion is simply ridiculous. Your whole argument is based on that assertion. You have no argument. Everything you type is a waste of time unless you can show otherwise.
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    My vote would be to keep the weapons themselves as is, but add something like a glove which could be equipped on the off hand. It doesn't get any enchant or poison, it has no trait, it is just part of a set. For crafted sets it would require mats like anything else but the trait category would be greyed out. It would drop from anything that drops weapons.
  • VoidBlue
    VoidBlue
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    That's why it's called "two handed". And last I checked we're not applying traits and enchants to our hands.

Why do 2H weapons give a bonus of having two traits? It's only one weapon by your logic and should only have the trait amount as one 1H weapon.

Why not give it a bonus of counting as two items for a set?

Also staves are only used with one hand if you ever watch the animations, so why is it a 2H?

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tnanever wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    lack of evidence to counter is not proof of an assertion. I cannot disprove you are not the Pope, but that doesnt mean a claim that you are is true

Right, steve. But we're talking about what's most likely. What's most likely is what I said - the devs didn't balance all combinations of sets against 1 vs 2-handed weapon completion. Your assertion is simply ridiculous. Your whole argument is based on that assertion. You have no argument. Everything you type is a waste of time unless you can show otherwise.

What is most likely is almost every playtest intrrnal and external thatvwent into balance analysis and every byte of data in live play was done with ifferent set bonus counts for 1h and two hand weapons. There is a huge amount of balanccevdata accumulatrd and being used that you keep trying to disregard because of your obvious agenda.

Your straw man and counter logic prove me wrong on my terms ot i am right assertions fail to support your claims.

As do your over zealous dismiss first then dismiss again refrains.

Balance was not and never has been back room in vacuum one thing v one other thing "simply" and "easy".

Core design devosions came out of that but lotsa tweak adjust change (most of it in fact) comes from active test of whole shebang - in house, then PTS then live followed by patch n tweak. ALL that did include the set count diffs.

Nor "easy", not "simply", not in isolation or vacuum, not perfect, prone to pendulum swings etc but its how things actually get done.

If they make this change and do it right looking at all the baked in advantages esp given the new 1T grind issues for weapons i will be ok with it.

Personally, of the various implementations discussed my fave woild be (as part of comprehensive changes revisiting all aspects of the weapons) adding second piece to each of the current two hand models -arrow/quiver for bows, headpiece/basestone for staves, haft/hily/guard for maul/gs/gaxe and reducing all their current specs to appropriate levels. Then a great sword would not get any weapon damage boost over a sword at all, but each would gain whatever they gain from their companionn pieces. Every weapon skill line would have two pieces to farm/grind/craft/up-quality etc etc etc for good quality, traits etc.

One might think someone very vocal about sameness under the guise of or code word of equality would be happy with thst type of change as a part of the rebalance solution.

For me, while its more sameifying than i like and raises some questions immersively, i am so concerned over the grind differential given the current 1T weapon drops i am willing to accept it.

But then, this type of change would not favor those already having gained their 2h swords quite as much sd the "easy" or "simply" just add it options some push.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody said anything about making 2-handed setups better than 1-handed setups. I'm speaking strictly about set bonuses and the illogical design of making it impossible to have an equal amount of set bonuses based on preference of weapon type.

So a leki 2h would passively give you 126 weapon dmg? 2 handed weapons have their advantages so do not need any more buffing.

As far as logic goes, you can use a 3pc jewellery set, 5 piece armour set, 2 piece undaunted set and a master or maelstrom weapon. Fits perfectly. If you chose to take a 5 piece, undaunted set and don't want to use a 3 piece jewellery or maelstrom/master weapon AND you're using a 2H then deal with the fact you won't have a 2nd 5 piece.

Also how would that work on maelstrom and master weapons anyway?

Please pay attention. Nobody said that 2-handed weapons should be overpowered. This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with how powerful weapons are.

2 handed melee weapons are so strong, because they offer strong active and passive abilities. Uppercut and Executioner are exactly what you need in this burst meta. That's all about it

Staves and Bows on the other hand, are horrible in comparison.
    2 handed melee weapons kind of make up for not offering a 2nd slot, the other 2 handed weapons definately don't, they are simply underpowered.

I still think, that it should be fair and that something should be added to make 2 handed weapons count as 2 slots. A common suggestion, was adding some kind of glove that can carry a minor armor enchant and can be crafted for any set and also drops in any set.
    Edited by Dracane on November 6, 2016 3:46AM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Nobody said anything about making 2-handed setups better than 1-handed setups. I'm speaking strictly about set bonuses and the illogical design of making it impossible to have an equal amount of set bonuses based on preference of weapon type.

So a leki 2h would passively give you 126 weapon dmg? 2 handed weapons have their advantages so do not need any more buffing.

As far as logic goes, you can use a 3pc jewellery set, 5 piece armour set, 2 piece undaunted set and a master or maelstrom weapon. Fits perfectly. If you chose to take a 5 piece, undaunted set and don't want to use a 3 piece jewellery or maelstrom/master weapon AND you're using a 2H then deal with the fact you won't have a 2nd 5 piece.

Also how would that work on maelstrom and master weapons anyway?

Please pay attention. Nobody said that 2-handed weapons should be overpowered. This thread has nothing whatsoever to do with how powerful weapons are.

2 handed melee weapons are so strong, because they offer strong active and passive abilities. Uppercut and Executioner are exactly what you need in this burst meta. That's all about it

Staves and Bows on the other hand, are horrible in comparison.
    2 handed melee weapons kind of make up for not offering a 2nd slot, the other 2 handed weapons definately don't, they are simply underpowered.

I still think, that it should be fair and that something should be added to make 2 handed weapons count as 2 slots. A common suggestion, was adding some kind of glove that can carry a minor armor enchant and can be crafted for any set and also drops in any set.

I agree that right now it seems staves and bows are underpowered.
    Tho just watched tourney where destro ulti was banned.

I dont know really how much of the staff perception stems from the general weakness of mag v stam or the strength of maelstrom dagger etc.

But i hope in u13 these are addressed in the overall bigger balance fixes.

Must admit tho, i like bows as second bar in many builds esp with 2h.

Edited by STEVIL on November 6, 2016 3:26PM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me? Isn't it enough that 2h weapons are so damn strong they can 1 hit people in pvp?
    Yesterday I've seen a guy fighting against 6 other players of same level. Tanky as hell, and taking people down in seconds. Just don't give me the L2P crap.
    If you want 2h weapons to count as 2 weapons sure, just give 1h weapons damage equal to 2h. We'll see how this turns out.
  • delarb14_ESO
    delarb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    I would like to try a ice staff tank warden but having 2nd handed staves count as only 1 item for item sets makes this not practical. I would like to see 2hd weapons count as two items for set count purposes.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to try a ice staff tank warden but having 2nd handed staves count as only 1 item for item sets makes this not practical. I would like to see 2hd weapons count as two items for set count purposes.

MotivatorThreadNecro_zpspsyptfd6.jpg
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See my other 500 posts on the subject for more details ...

In short: NO

• ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this is an old thread that may be outdated, we are closing the thread as a necro. If there are no current threads on this topic you can start a new thread. Please use the search function in the top right corner in order to find recent discussions.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.