Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AD - another campaign that we will lose (Vivec NA)?

• Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juli'St wrote: »
    From 'obvious' to 'tragic'

Once again AD misses the tactic when trying to occupy BRK, where was the scroll DC. AD did not need this keep, also did not need this scroll. His own Scroll, Altadoon, was up to Chalman. DC occupied King, great time to take Arrius and use Arrius as a bridge to Chalman while DC occupied himself with the Scroll EP (King's Gate) and his own scroll to BRK.

Of this strategic 'obviousness' neglected by some AD leaders, the tragedy in images:

http://imgur.com/a/NeZMm

Your audition for being a tool was a success. Recap below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia9VqvAcVWk
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    more mistakes... more one day...more one defeat to AD.

And when most of the AD faction was on the EP front, trying to keep BRK (we did not take the DC scroll courtesy) and use that keep only and exclusively as a bridge to Chalman (where our scroll is), when all were engaged in regaining our scroll Back, a small group of ppls, mistakenly and warned, began with sieges until ASH. A brutal mistake.

Many warned that it was bad for AD. And it was. In addition to this group have been - literally 'swept' from ASH, (destroyed), the same group did AD lose Brindle and Nikel, on the other hand, EP advanced on BRK and Sejanus. In short, we lost the whole North and the possibility of getting our scroll back.

Remembering, at that moment, DC was trying to get Arrius - a favor to AD.

http://imgur.com/a/yVbtF
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In b4 ban of Iskras new account? #1
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Ilpagliaccio
    Ilpagliaccio
    ✭✭✭
    After this cycle, I might have to reroll an AD to see Iskra's ideas in zone. I think they might be more sensible than Dom Dom's daft map strat. Like the other night, when they stacked Conq's Crown and a few other AD guilds inside their raid and formed a megazerg that got backcapped by EP repeatedly while they were zerging one spot. That was genius map strat, sheer genius. Donnybrooks would've loved it.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After this cycle, I might have to reroll an AD to see Iskra's ideas in zone. I think they might be more sensible than Dom Dom's daft map strat. Like the other night, when they stacked Conq's Crown and a few other AD guilds inside their raid and formed a megazerg that got backcapped by EP repeatedly while they were zerging one spot. That was genius map strat, sheer genius. Donnybrooks would've loved it.

The amount of times Sej got smashed with like 60 people only to lose something to a back cap was hilarity last night.

And Ash. Oh glorious calamity, Eris, we humbly offer the events in that keep to your name.

One could say it lead to some total.... hijinx! ;)
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping that maybe the battlegrounds would spread out the players a bit guess not, I remember all the cries for small scale why are people not using them they broke ? I was hoping that once sustain had taken the hit it did, cheaters would be easy to spot and less likely to cheat, I guess not, I guess pvp is still not fun from the sounds of it, and with the horrible clueless dev team it will stay that way, guess I will continue my journey through Morrowind until I am done with it and then journey off to the forgotten lands or something LOL.

BG just really affected the no CP campaigns lol .... Most CP players tried it but left rather quickly since it contains no CP ... Most players do not want to play with out CP something they earned..... I dont care I can play either but I know of several in my guild that will not play on non CP...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well no offense, but If your Zergs spent more time hitting ep when they're in first instead of taking glade out from under us when ep is sitting in first place with empower, then this would be a different campaign. Frankly ad in general has done nothing but double team us with ep. In fact I watched ep and ad hit a keep about a week ago and then ep just walked away, and never once did ep and ad fight. Its been like this all of last campaign and even worse this time. We have been fighting off reds and yellows contantly. The result is that ep basically gets a free ride to first while ad is guaranteed last place.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Well no offense, but If your Zergs spent more time hitting ep when they're in first instead of taking glade out from under us when ep is sitting in first place with empower, then this would be a different campaign. Frankly ad in general has done nothing but double team us with ep. In fact I watched ep and ad hit a keep about a week ago and then ep just walked away, and never once did ep and ad fight. Its been like this all of last campaign and even worse this time. We have been fighting off reds and yellows contantly. The result is that ep basically gets a free ride to first while ad is guaranteed last place.

In a three way scoring system, taking points from first doesn't net you a path to second if you're in third place. It nets you a path to third. That's because 2nd place's earnings will continue to outstrip yours and at best the first place team will flag and lose the gap that they have, maybe even dropping them into 2nd. In the end, this leaves the third place team still in third place.

To advance in the standings, they need to reduce the earnings that 2nd has so that 2nd finds themselves in third, and this has allowed 3rd to advance to 2nd.

Guild Wars 2 WvWvW showed similar issues where, once the lead was large enough, 1st would be allowed to grow while 2nd and 3rd duked it out for 2nd place.

In short, the only people that benefit out of AD hitting EP is DC. And, well, who cares what they want?
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I know what we can do to really make this topic more fun...

I'ma begin a beautiful collection of screenshots of Iskra standing all alone at a keep staring at the map whilst everyone else is busy fighting. I'll have enough material in the first ten minutes to last many moons.

To be fair, I spent much of last night agreeing with Juliskra - going after Ash in a situation where we're backed to to the Niben is absolute utter stupidity. Now if only more AD would actually leave a keep instead of hiding inside the walls ERPing, things would improve.

In the interim, we'll just let FATE chase 4 reds between Vlast, Brinduru and Nikel, then all die at Alessia 30 times. If you need us, we'll be on the slopes enjoying some tasty AP brisket.
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I know what we can do to really make this topic more fun...

I'ma begin a beautiful collection of screenshots of Iskra standing all alone at a keep staring at the map whilst everyone else is busy fighting. I'll have enough material in the first ten minutes to last many moons.

To be fair, I spent much of last night agreeing with Juliskra - going after Ash in a situation where we're backed to to the Niben is absolute utter stupidity. Now if only more AD would actually leave a keep instead of hiding inside the walls ERPing, things would improve.

In the interim, we'll just let FATE chase 4 reds between Vlast, Brinduru and Nikel, then all die at Alessia 30 times. If you need us, we'll be on the slopes enjoying some tasty AP brisket.

I really dont know you and you dont know me. I work hard for this faction every days. About the rest of your post, no make any sense to me and AD score its a fact to prove what i say here.

Secound: try dont make this a peronal discussion (seems like u want this, but i can make a afirmation here - you ll fail in this way).
    Edited by Juli'St on June 6, 2017 8:38PM
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...dont need legend, more of the same...

http://imgur.com/a/HyPlk
    Edited by Juli'St on June 7, 2017 4:09AM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't score points for holding Alessia bridge. L2p, AD
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    You don't score points for holding Alessia bridge. L2p, AD

+1
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its terrible see my faction completelly desmoralized...

http://imgur.com/a/nO0lM

The old ideas do not seem to accept the 'new', which is new, the new players with their 'win for victory'. It seems like some old ideas, insist on the routine and routine that has taken my faction, AD, its fifth consecutive defeat. The old ideas seem to loathe the creativity of new players.

It is not common to see the old ideas form their groups and require absurd prerequisites to participate in these groups. I, with my 200 CP, am the 49 in rank AD and without making much effort. I believe that the will of the new players, low level's, surpasses the old routines, the old ideas in absolutely EVERYTHING. AD needs leaders to teach young people how campaigns are, how to fight, etc. Some groups simply discourage the younger ones, just see when they require a minimum of 300 CP to join the group (crystal-saving? laziness to teach the younger ones? or just arrogance, ... a minimum CP as 'ostentation' something in a local chat? - I believe in the latter hypothesis: arrogance).

This is what AD needs: new blood, oxygenated, willing to fight in something that believes and not for 'titles' or ... miserable dots ... called AP. AD, for its history deserves much more than it exists today, this history is a history of victories and much struggle.

Humility, sincerity, solidarity - not being afraid of criticism or looking at criticism as something negative (criticism is a prerequisite for maturation) - are prerequisites for winning when we are playing anything in collective and that is exactly what the current AD lacks.

Iskras
    Edited by Juli'St on June 7, 2017 8:12AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In a three way scoring system, taking points from first doesn't net you a path to second if you're in third place. It nets you a path to third. That's because 2nd place's earnings will continue to outstrip yours and at best the first place team will flag and lose the gap that they have, maybe even dropping them into 2nd. In the end, this leaves the third place team still in third place.

To advance in the standings, they need to reduce the earnings that 2nd has so that 2nd finds themselves in third, and this has allowed 3rd to advance to 2nd.

Guild Wars 2 WvWvW showed similar issues where, once the lead was large enough, 1st would be allowed to grow while 2nd and 3rd duked it out for 2nd place.

In short, the only people that benefit out of AD hitting EP is DC. And, well, who cares what they want?

You must be an ep zergling. So I can see where you'd be scared of an even fight. Anyway, of course it wouldn't guarantee them second place, they'd still have to work for it, but they could also choose to hit ep, and not have ep be so high above ad in score as to be completely unbeatable. It would level the playing field and make it a real three faction fight instead of a two faction fight between dc and ep with ad doing whatever it is they do.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 7, 2017 7:56AM
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The old ideas do not seem to accept the 'new', which is new, the new players with their 'win for victory'. It seems like some old ideas, insist on the routine and routine that has taken my faction, AD, its fifth consecutive defeat. The old ideas seem to loathe the creativity of new players.

It is not common to see the old ideas form their groups and require absurd prerequisites to participate in these groups. I, with my 200 CP, am the 49 in rank AD and without making much effort. I believe that the will of the new players, low level's, surpasses the old routines, the old ideas in absolutely EVERYTHING. AD needs leaders to teach young people how campaigns are, how to fight, etc. Some groups simply discourage the younger ones, just see when they require a minimum of 300 CP to join the group (crystal-saving? laziness to teach the younger ones? or just arrogance, ... a minimum CP as 'ostentation' something in a local chat? - I believe in the latter hypothesis: arrogance).

This is what AD needs: new blood, oxygenated, willing to fight in something that believes and not for 'titles' or ... miserable dots ... called AP. AD, for its history deserves much more than it exists today, this history is a history of victories and much struggle.

Humility, sincerity, solidarity - not being afraid of criticism or looking at criticism as something negative (criticism is a prerequisite for maturation) - are prerequisites for winning when we are playing anything in collective and that is exactly what the current AD lacks.

Iskras

The proletariat will rise comrade.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have Iskra, how you can lose
  • doublestuffed
    doublestuffed
    ✭✭✭

Iskras

Here's a piece of advice. Take this quote and apply it to your playstyle. If you spent more time actually playing and less time rage telling and insulting zone, you would get a ton more done. The past couple days I have helped EP do more than you have helped AD since your last ban. I did that by communicating constructively in zone chat.
    Cranking The Hog - Mag NB AD NA PC
    Baby Sauce - Temp AD NA PC
    Hysterical Paroxysm - Stam Sorc AD NA PC
    Krotch -Krickets - Stam DK EP NA PC
    Red Fingerpaint - Magsorc EP NA PC
    Warm Regards - Stamplar EP NA PC
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    With factions stacking 6- 7 full raids by cheating the queue and faction lock, who the *** cares who wins this one?

Right now it's a competition between who can cheat the most, and field the most players at once at the expense of other factions.

When one faction is steamrolling the whole map and pulling emp prime time with triple locks, it's not because they're THAT good.

Yep it has NOTHING to do with being good - its just more numbers - and cheating.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭

Iskras

Here's a piece of advice. Take this quote and apply it to your playstyle. If you spent more time actually playing and less time rage telling and insulting zone, you would get a ton more done. The past couple days I have helped EP do more than you have helped AD since your last ban. I did that by communicating constructively in zone chat.

Problem is, any criticize to old ideas - resulted in this ridiculous campaign - someone call like a 'rage'... bla, bla, bla...
    Edited by Juli'St on June 7, 2017 2:51PM
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »

Iskras

The proletariat will rise comrade.

o/
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...hummm, let me see

2 scrolls back... i think this topic beguine work. :#

http://imgur.com/a/AqvvW
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You must be an ep zergling. So I can see where you'd be scared of an even fight. Anyway, of course it wouldn't guarantee them second place, they'd still have to work for it, but they could also choose to hit ep, and not have ep be so high above ad in score as to be completely unbeatable. It would level the playing field and make it a real three faction fight instead of a two faction fight between dc and ep with ad doing whatever it is they do.

If you can't read my signature to figure out my faction, well, I don't know what to tell you. I'm sure you'll figure it out in due time.

But hey, bring it. I'm all about the dogpiling and the overwhelming numbers. I endured Bloodthorn for three months at launch. There's nothing you can do to me and mine that compares to that level of sheer overwhelming numbers and utter animosity. The more and harder you zerg, the more AP I earn. There's a reason, on average, the typical EP player has a higher AP earnings per campaign than the other two factions. We're constantly getting zerged along the Bleakers and Sejanus corridors. I've gone to the Nikel corridor and on some days I can go 15+ minutes without seeing another player. We are used to the double team, we don't fear it, and it feeds us.

And no, no amount of AD hitting EP will get them back into the fight. They never, ever, ever catch DC in that scenario. They consistantly remain 1000+ points behind and all it does is bring EP down to DC's level, at best, if they are successful.

As an AD player, who gives a hoot about what's best for DC? I wouldn't. The only way for AD to actually move out of third is to hit whomever is second until that second place team falls into third. Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative, but it's mathematical fact.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on June 7, 2017 3:15PM
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agrippa and Vapirko

Dont make mistakes about this topic. Idea here is to be constructive and not to the contrary.

Here I speak of strategy, principles - inclusive. Hence the images and, as in a diary, as in a diary, what has been happening in Cyrodiil at this time.

Of course, for AD to advance, will have to make a certain 'pact' with DC - after all, it is DC to play second place. AD is completely OUT of the dispute, with a ridiculous score. Attacking DC, at that moment, is a brutal, childish, 'silly' mistake. If AD intends to advance his score, as things stand today in Cyrodiil, he will have to draw a limit on his actions to Nikel and not advance to ASH.

DC continues with a large population on the server, although many have moved to Sotha. I think the last week has been enlightening and definitely proves what you are saying here.
    Edited by Juli'St on June 7, 2017 3:15PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agrippa and Vapirko

Dont make mistakes about this topic. Idea here is to be constructive and not to the contrary.

Here I speak of strategy, principles - inclusive. Hence the images and, as in a diary, as in a diary, what has been happening in Cyrodiil at this time.

Of course, for AD to advance, will have to make a certain 'pact' with DC - after all, it is DC to play second place. AD is completely OUT of the dispute, with a ridiculous score. Attacking DC, at that moment, is a brutal, childish, 'silly' mistake. If AD intends to advance his score, as things stand today in Cyrodiil, he will have to draw a limit on his actions to Nikel and not advance to ASH.

DC continues with a large population on the server, although many have moved to Sotha. I think the last week has been enlightening and definitely proves what you are saying here.

Every point AD takes from EP is a point that DC uses to advance towards 1st , but AD cannot use to catch up to DC. Why is this? The way to actually catch a faction is to remove points from them as you gain points on your own. The easiest way to do that is take their resources, keeps, or scrolls. Losing one of these is a net 3 point swing (two removed from the defender, one added to the aggressor).

In regards to catching second place, it's only one point since DC is not losing something and ostensibly, due to the double team, is gaining an equal number of points in their favor. Again, still not catching DC.

AD is somewhere around 1.2K behind DC right now and about 2.0K behind EP. There are 14 days left in the campaign. For the rest of the campaign, AD has to average 3.6 more points per hour over DC to get to second place. That's two resources. Or a keep and its resources. And you have to consistently hold that. Each hour that DC has equal or more earnings than you increases the amount of points per hour you must exceed their score by going forward.

To catch EP, it's even worse. It's 6.0 points per hour you have to exceed their score by to catch them. Starting now. Every hour, for two weeks.

As we've seen from the coronations, there are parts of the day that EP is able to fend off both factions relatively easily. And when the DC oceanic crew is on, they can do the same.

At what point during the day do you propose that AD can push the map hard enough to make up the earnings loss that they have to both EP and DC?

Catching EP is not a realistic goal for AD at this point. We've almost assured ourselves a 2nd or higher place due to the scoring. AD has a much more realistic shot at 2nd. It'll be tough, but possible. How do you do it? Hold Ash/Rayles as often as you can for as long as you can.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Every point AD takes from EP is a point that DC uses to advance towards 1st"

Yes. About strategy, AD need this to stop EP at south and every days EP come to south. :) With a 'equal' score, we can change this 'tatic'.

Dont come to South - every time, every day and i change my mind about. Of corse, here we talk ONLY about ideas. AD insist in same mistakes every day (atack ASH/Glade) and the score dont lie about the resulted.
    Edited by Juli'St on June 7, 2017 3:30PM
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agrippa, apreciate your concern about :) in all case.

Just to be clear.
  • Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    http://imgur.com/a/SNEl1

On Image, the exemple. EP try again the EMP. There is an old saying of war: "To kill the lion stronger, the subject uses the weaker lion."
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    http://imgur.com/a/SNEl1

On Image, the exemple. EP try again the EMP. There is an old saying of war: "To kill the lion stronger, the subject uses the weaker lion."

This is the same morning where at about 8:30 am Central the DC held Faregyl, Roe, and Alessia and were 1 keep away from Emperor as well.

DC is not your friend. EP isn't either. We're just honest about it.

• Juli'St
    Juli'St
    ✭✭✭✭
    More one time, AD try ASH and more one time, AD lost a home. Some AD work to EP. More one EMP elect for AD at ASH.

http://imgur.com/a/ypgeV