Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to farm Khajiit Skooma Bubbler Design

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CarbonX wrote: »
    The design must drop some place else too. I can't believe everyone gets the design only from this place/quest.

If it does then I sure hope to hear about it :/
  • Lafemmina
    Lafemmina
    ✭✭
    Like you did the first time ;)
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    faerigirl wrote: »
    The price for the recipe is crazy high on PC NA, someone was hawking one for over 400K. LOL

IMO it's just not worth that much. Give it 2 weeks and the item will be all over the guild traders and the recipe price will be cheap as dirt too. If you pay 300K to 500K today you will not be able to recoup your gold by the time the market is flooded with these items.

Of course for the people that have to have it RIGHT NOW, go for it. :smile:

Thats just out and out greed.. :o , since news broke about the "place to farm" I myself have been in a few times and i dare say totted up quite a few hours (20 or so), in that time i have had two recipes and in excess of fifty bubblers, one recipe i kept for my furniture crafter and the other one i sold for 180k (it sold within an hour of being listed), Bubbler sales have given me in excess of 500k, so yes its lucrative, but right now though i just delete/fence the bubblers as that part of the market has crashed, the only reliable source of a decent income is from the design and then you are looking solely at collectors buying it due to a glut of bubblers out there, combining that with the designs insanely low drop rate does tell me that it will stay valuable for quite some time to come. Maybe i underpriced at 180k, maybe its a fair price, its a hard one to call, but as a seller i was happy with the price i received and hopefully the buyer appreciated it too and did not feel "ripped off".
    Edited by supaskrub on May 18, 2017 7:55AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lafemmina wrote: »
    Like you did the first time ;)

You caught me :|
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Locking off content behind quest-gated areas that are impossible to enter after the quest is done, is simply sh*tty, and I hope ZOS is ashamed of themselves. Don't do that again.

2) People who tried to charge between 1.5M and 300k gold for the lousy recipe should also be ashamed of themselves. Luckily, whenever the word got out how to farm the recipe, everyone and their grandmother started doing it, smelling a gold vein on the horizon. Which of course made prices plummet within hours. I hope those of you who farmed them for days on end will be left with the useless recipes once the few collectors have bought theirs.

3) Thank you to whomever on PC EU who put up the recipe for sale for 130k. I thought that was a reasonable amount, and bought your recipe. 130k gold is still a nice amount, without the need to go greedy.

4) The amount of traffic at the vampire NPC in Hew's Bane is just rediculous. I see the same 2-3 people just camping there over and over again. May you never find the coffin recipes you're after, and may RNG royally hump you over.

Thank you.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that the Khajiit bubbler has been found, we need a Dunmer hookah as well. No self respecting dunmer master race would smoke their skooma from a filthy cat-man bubbler.

#DunmerHookahOnVvardenfell

ALSO, why don't we get the option to interact with the bubbler and turn it on, to release the smokey plume found on all other skooma bubblers in the game? It kinda sucks that the player made ones are inert and smokeless, while all the ones found in the game already have that sweet, tantalizing smoke coming out of them.

#ICanHazSmokePlox?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

MW-item-Moon_Sugar_and_Skooma.jpg

SkoomaPipe_MW.png
    Edited by Carbonised on May 18, 2017 10:42AM
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Now that the Khajiit bubbler has been found, we need a Dunmer hookah as well. No self respecting dunmer master race would smoke their skooma from a filthy cat-man bubbler.

Hi @Carbonised ! We're compiling a wishlist (with screenshots!) of things we want for housing in this thread :
    Housing Wishlist [Screenshot Edition] if you would like to post it there too! :)
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on May 18, 2017 11:35AM
    PC/EU DC
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    Latonia wrote: »
    I'm currently in the palace trying for this design - been here for about 4 hours, 3 bubblers but no design - boo to rng. I'm way past my boredom threshhold and think I may leave, delete the quest and try again another day. Trouble is with 41k of bounty if I leave the palace the guard outside will kill me almost as soon as I go through the door. No idea how long so much bounty will take to disappear, I'm guessing a couple of days minimum, or I need to find a wayshrine near an outlaws refuge with no guards nearby. Any ideas?

Just fast travel to Abah's wayshrine and run to the den on the outside entrance. No guards close by. Only at the front gate. You can do the same at the gold coast. Wayshrine is a few paces from the thieves den outside the wall.

Thanks - I ended up travelling to a wayshrine in Aubidon and swam down the river to the Outlaw refuge - trying again later and will follow your advice.
  • Rye_Encoke
    Rye_Encoke
    ✭✭
    Anyone know if this is still dropping on PC? Been at it for 6 to 8 hours over several days and not found one yet
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rye_Encoke wrote: »
    Anyone know if this is still dropping on PC? Been at it for 6 to 8 hours over several days and not found one yet

It should be. I don't think they would randomly take it out of the loot so suddenly
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    supaskrub wrote: »
    But why is it behind a paywall when other loots are not (cypher, nirncrux, aetherial dust etc)?

Because it is a 100% fluff item unlike the other things that you mentioned.
  • Rye_Encoke
    Rye_Encoke
    ✭✭
    what are these selling for on NA PC server? Are they worth trying to farm?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not sure what they sell for on pc, but I think there's an add on that tells you what things sell for. Otherwise it's best to check all the major guild traders and also check in area chat
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've been seeing them advertised in zone for around the 200k mark on PC/NA. My MM shows no sales in the guilds that I'm in though.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've been seeing them advertised in zone for around the 200k mark on PC/NA. My MM shows no sales in the guilds that I'm in though.

Wow that's about the price I see on PS4, although I think they may sell for a bit less now
  • Rye_Encoke
    Rye_Encoke
    ✭✭
    thanks for info, now to decide if I want to spend 4 hours farming and hope to get one
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Heard one sale request in chat for 5K for bubbler, 150K for blueprint.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Heard one sale request in chat for 5K for bubbler, 150K for blueprint.

Nice, down to PS4 prices I see!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit she sent one of her apprentices, Spiny Tim, to go and find her a bubbler recipe.

The good lizard boy did this within about 10 of the minutes yes however he has not found another one since.

He writes and says he is greatly enjoying all of the thieving and the murder though and that makes it all worthwhile.

That's my boy!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    So what is the going rate for these now, PS4? Both prices the bubbler, and the bubbler blueprint. Thank you very much.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I noticed this from the first set of PTS patch notes for the upcoming update:

•Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts. They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items.

Does this mean that the bubbler plan will no longer be lootable, or just the bubblers, or both?
  • mrdiamond666
    mrdiamond666
    ✭✭✭
    I did this a short time after the update, and I got 6 or 8 bubblers, and 1 or 2 plans. I am going to do this this evening or tomorrow, will let you know.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I noticed this from the first set of PTS patch notes for the upcoming update:

•Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts. They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items.

Does this mean that the bubbler plan will no longer be lootable, or just the bubblers, or both?

hopefully ZOS did not change this, anyone can confirm that the plans or the bubbler is still dropping there?
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes are coming tomorrow with Horns of the Reach. I have been in there this week and got 1 of the designs and 20 bubblers but no more designs. But then RNGods have always been bad with me!

But the changes mean it will now be found on Addicts and not in a quest instance so that is good no?
    Edited by LMar on August 13, 2017 5:37PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    The changes are coming tomorrow with Horns of the Reach. I have been in there this week and got 1 of the designs and 20 bubblers but no more designs. But then RNGods have always been bad with me!

But the changes mean it will now be found on Addicts and not in a quest instance so that is good no?

hmm, yes, that seems to be a good thing, better than in a quest instance.

and do you have any idea, where to find the addicts then?
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

hmm, yes, that seems to be a good thing, better than in a quest instance.

and do you have any idea, where to find the addicts then?

I am afraid not. I imagine where skooma is prevalent :P
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Where did you see that they are going to drop from addicts now?
    The bubblers definitely are not dropping in the palace now, still not sure about the design, but I have not gotten one tonight.
    Been trying for almost 2.5 hours. I am beginning to think they dont any more.
    THe loot table is changed in there for sure. I am getting things that I never got previously.
    Edited by Katahdin on August 15, 2017 1:45AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    The bubblers definitely are not dropping in the palace now, still not sure about the design, but I have not gotten one tonight.
    THe loot table is changed in there for sure. I am getting things that I never got previously.
    In the patch notes it was stated that the palace npcs no longer drop the items, not sure whether that means the skooma bubbler or the blueprint (I am guessing both). I have no idea where it was said that addicts drop them now, or where exactly these npcs are located, it may just be in certain unsavory locations.
    • Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts. They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haruspex wrote: »
    In the patch notes it was stated that the palace npcs no longer drop the items, not sure whether that means the skooma bubbler or the blueprint (I am guessing both). I have no idea where it was said that addicts drop them now, or where exactly these npcs are located, it may just be in certain unsavory locations.
    • Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts. They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items.

Yes I saw that. Someone (Lmar) above was saying they will drop from addicts but I have not seen where that was posted by ZoS.
    I have not seen any NPCs labeled as "addict" so Im thinking its just gone or now part of the Hlaluu documents or something
    Edited by Katahdin on August 15, 2017 2:27AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Haruspex
    Haruspex
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Yes I saw that. Someone (Lmar) above was saying they will drop from addicts but I have not seen where that was posted by ZoS.
    I have not seen any NPCs labeled as "addict" so Im thinking its just gone or now part of the Hlaluu documents or something
    I hope they were not removed completely, the drop should be relocated to a more suitable area/npc type.