Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

How to farm Khajiit Skooma Bubbler Design

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    aliyavana wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I and many players have already completed the quest and cannot go back to farm and need to roll new characters. This is a problem if you already have maxed character slots and this design punished completionists. Can you consider allowing players to revisit the palace?

Gating something like that behind a one-time-only quest zone is kinda sh*tty towards people who have already done it ...

In general, too many zones and areas are off-limits after you have done a quest, it's a waste of design and space.

The easy solution here would be to open up the Palace to people who have already done the quest, make it a zone you can return to after the event. That way people can farm the skooma bubbler as well, and also enjoy the look of the palace.

Locking off places after questing is a waste of resources.

Yeah for this reason alone the recipe may still be worth a good penny for a while
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL why would you guys call ZOS's attention to this thread. They simply LOVE to stomp out fun things like this. For the pure sake of "Hey looks like people want something, lets make that thing even harder to get!"

I am going to laugh if the drop rates plummet after this maintenance. I'm almost expecting it.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on May 15, 2017 8:21AM
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL why would you guys call ZOS's attention to this thread. They simply LOVE to stomp out fun things like this. For the pure sake of "Hey looks like people want something, lets make that thing even harder to get!"

I am going to laugh if the drop rates plummet after this maintenance. I'm almost expecting it.

Future patch notes: Fixed issue where servants in the palace were spawning more times than intended. Also, there will now be guards inside :)
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Sad but true. I got only 5 bubblers so far. The only reason why I levelled up TG on alt and I was farming it, is because I want the recipe :( I hope they won't nerf drop rates only to push people to buying bubblers from crown store. That would be really mean. :angry:
  • Rygonix
    Rygonix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I hope they won't nerf drop rates only to push people to buying bubblers from crown store. That would be really mean. :angry:
    These are thoughts you typically keep to yourself, lest you ruin it for everyone else. ZoS does not need any more ideas like this.
    Ceres Des Mortem-Dark Elf Templar, EP
    PC-NA
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the only character i hadnt done the quest on was my stamplar because the quest glkitched out on her months ago, so this morning i picked the quest bk up & went on in to the palace -

35 bubblers, 250K bounty, 140 blue items sold to pirahy (to clear inventry space), 200 inventry space filled with blue & green stolen loot hundreds of white stacks deleted, i was about to call it a day when i got the recipy...

at least i will be able to put the gold edict to good use when i do the next quest! LOL
  • Insomnia rex
    Insomnia rex
    ✭✭✭
    The bubbler recipes on PC EU have dropped below 10k anyway, seems a lot of people are farming & selling.
    CP630 AR20 PC EU, Alt Mag Sorc AD - Insomnicia Rex
  • Lusty
    Lusty
    ✭✭✭
    seen people trying to sell the recipe for 275k lmao

dont get scammed people
    Edited by Lusty on May 15, 2017 12:44PM
    Where my argonian waifus at?
    EP General - 1200+
  • MrsMakeumRage
    Accidentally left the palace, servents pockets are empty now. Is there anyway to reset it or how long do I have to wait before they reset?
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    The bubbler recipes on PC EU have dropped below 10k anyway, seems a lot of people are farming & selling.

10K for the recipie??? Somehow I doubt this. Maybe for the item, but not the recipe.
    Why did the Dunmer cross the road?
    Apparently to get stuck in an eternal load screen!
  • Hony
    Hony
    ✭✭
    Accidentally left the palace, servents pockets are empty now. Is there anyway to reset it or how long do I have to wait before they reset?

I'm curious... Are they still empty, after you killed them - when they respawn? :open_mouth:
    “Wie wollt Ihr etwas töten, dass bereits gestorben ist?“
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »

Future patch notes: Fixed issue where servants in the palace were spawning more times than intended. Also, there will now be guards inside :)

LOL yup! But to be honest the drop rates are not that great as it stands. It's just that you can pickpocket a lot in succession. I agree with the other posters that it is a bit weird to have the design only drop inside an inaccessible quest area.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hony wrote: »

I'm curious... Are they still empty, after you killed them - when they respawn? :open_mouth:

Abandon the quest, then restart it, seems to be the only way.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Latonia
    Latonia
    I'm currently in the palace trying for this design - been here for about 4 hours, 3 bubblers but no design - boo to rng. I'm way past my boredom threshhold and think I may leave, delete the quest and try again another day. Trouble is with 41k of bounty if I leave the palace the guard outside will kill me almost as soon as I go through the door. No idea how long so much bounty will take to disappear, I'm guessing a couple of days minimum, or I need to find a wayshrine near an outlaws refuge with no guards nearby. Any ideas?
  • Rinmaethodain
    Rinmaethodain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i encounter "servants empty" bug that prevents me from obtaining kitchen key even dropping quest didnt help me. I had to wait 12 hours or so (went to sleep) for instance to reset.

Tho I noticed interesting thing, when this glitch happen, the two patroling servants are empty (no kitchen key) but if you stay closely to the kitchen door you can see a third servant spawning out of it, doing small circle and immediately disappearing.

As if there was a little separate instance around the kitchen door and each new servant that spawns is pouring into that tiny invisible realm while the old empty servants are stuck with you.e

Neverthless, if you position correctly and have fast fingers (literally lol) you can pickpocket a key from that 3rd servant before he disappears.
  • Mephisto939
    Mephisto939
    ✭✭✭✭
    When i encounter "servants empty" bug that prevents me from obtaining kitchen key even dropping quest didnt help me. I had to wait 12 hours or so (went to sleep) for instance to reset.

Tho I noticed interesting thing, when this glitch happen, the two patroling servants are empty (no kitchen key) but if you stay closely to the kitchen door you can see a third servant spawning out of it, doing small circle and immediately disappearing.

As if there was a little separate instance around the kitchen door and each new servant that spawns is pouring into that tiny invisible realm while the old empty servants are stuck with you.e

Neverthless, if you position correctly and have fast fingers (literally lol) you can pickpocket a key from that 3rd servant before he disappears.

Did you check your inventory? I had this happen, but the key was in my inv. I had to steal the wine to get back in.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aha...now I know why I finally saw a couple of Bubbler recipes at a guild trader this weekend (on XB). Hadn't seen any before this weekend - one was 330K and the other was 500K. And no, I didn't buy one - way too expensive.

Fortunately, I've only done the quest with my main (who is NOT a Nightblade), so I have other characters I can do the quest with - though I'd have to do some work to get Legerdemain up and then TG line. Don't really want the Bubbler that much to worry about it right now. If the price gets low enough, I may just buy one.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Aha...now I know why I finally saw a couple of Bubbler recipes at a guild trader this weekend (on XB). Hadn't seen any before this weekend - one was 330K and the other was 500K. And no, I didn't buy one - way too expensive.

Fortunately, I've only done the quest with my main (who is NOT a Nightblade), so I have other characters I can do the quest with - though I'd have to do some work to get Legerdemain up and then TG line. Don't really want the Bubbler that much to worry about it right now. If the price gets low enough, I may just buy one.

Luckily there will be plenty bubblers going around to the point where you don't even need the recipe anymore, other than for the sake of having it learned B)
  • supaskrub
    supaskrub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hony wrote: »

Abandon the quest, then restart it, seems to be the only way.

That has never worked for me on the three occasions i tried it (Xbox), the only thing i can do to get around the empty pockets issue is to sit the quest out for a dozen or so hours.
  • lagingervolpe
    lagingervolpe
    Soul Shriven
    Like stated earlier, this guide will walk you through the empty pockets bug and everything else people have encountered
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/6aw5tf/guide_where_to_find_the_design_khajiit_skooma/
    Edited by lagingervolpe on May 16, 2017 1:42AM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

10k? Where? I haven't seen such a low price for this recipe.
  • VolvoXX
    VolvoXX
    ✭✭✭
    The recipes are still higher, the price for the bubblers itself is around 10k and dropping.
    PC (EU) | DC
    Legio Mortuum
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killed them after empyting, they were full again, took me maybe an hour to get it.
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone successfully done this since Monday's patch? I want the recipe just once for my crafter for reasons of completion, but had to get a character up the TG questline so I could look for the thing - I've been in here for nearly 5 hours and have tons of the bubblers, but no plan yet. Just wondering whether they quietly removed it in the patch or whether I just have terrible RNG luck...
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • sdtlc
    sdtlc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Epona222 yes, did it yesterday, got it from one of the none white pants :)
    Die Qualität verhält sich nicht zwingend proportional zur Masse...

Meisterangler vor dem perfekten Rogen...
    +Kaiserstadt, Wrothgar, Hew's Fluch, Goldküste, Vvardenfell, Stadt der Uhrwerke, Sommersend, Artaeum, Trübmoor, Elsweyr (nördliches & südliches), Graumoor, Reik, Dunkelforst

[PC][DC]Zunft der Helden[PvX]
    Feierabendgilde mit Ambitionen
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latonia wrote: »
    I'm currently in the palace trying for this design - been here for about 4 hours, 3 bubblers but no design - boo to rng. I'm way past my boredom threshhold and think I may leave, delete the quest and try again another day. Trouble is with 41k of bounty if I leave the palace the guard outside will kill me almost as soon as I go through the door. No idea how long so much bounty will take to disappear, I'm guessing a couple of days minimum, or I need to find a wayshrine near an outlaws refuge with no guards nearby. Any ideas?

Just fast travel to Abah's wayshrine and run to the den on the outside entrance. No guards close by. Only at the front gate. You can do the same at the gold coast. Wayshrine is a few paces from the thieves den outside the wall.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up after close to 7 hours - 24 bubblers, but no plan. Will try again tomorrow.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    The price for the recipe is crazy high on PC NA, someone was hawking one for over 400K. LOL

IMO it's just not worth that much. Give it 2 weeks and the item will be all over the guild traders and the recipe price will be cheap as dirt too. If you pay 300K to 500K today you will not be able to recoup your gold by the time the market is flooded with these items.

Of course for the people that have to have it RIGHT NOW, go for it. :smile:
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »
    I gave up after close to 7 hours - 24 bubblers, but no plan. Will try again tomorrow.

Man...that's almost an entire work shift for me :o I wish you better luck on your next try!
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The design must drop some place else too. I can't believe everyone gets the design only from this place/quest.
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes