Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

How to farm Khajiit Skooma Bubbler Design

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haruspex wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Yes I saw that. Someone (Lmar) above was saying they will drop from addicts but I have not seen where that was posted by ZoS.
    I have not seen any NPCs labeled as "addict" so Im thinking its just gone or now part of the Hlaluu documents or something
    I hope they were not removed completely, the drop should be relocated to a more suitable area/npc type.

for sure it drops somewhere, but probably not anymore in the quest instance (palace, as you do the quest and you can not go there anymore to get it, which was not good idea)

hopefully people find out soon where it drops now after the patch (my personal quess is that we have to find NPCs smoking the bubbler (I remember seeing some earlier), that should be the skooma adicts, there should it drop)
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...Reading comprehension guys!!!! Let me break it down for you.
    Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts. They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items.

Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts.
    - This means certain servents carried items.

They’ve kicked the habit, - They no longer need these items.

and no longer carry these items. - And now no longer have them anymore.

In other words, the items and patterns NO LONGER DROP in game. They've been removed.
    Edited by PlagueSD on August 15, 2017 6:44AM
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts. They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items.

In other words, the items and patterns NO LONGER DROP in game. They've been removed.

Well, it does not make much sense to remove it from the game completelly. But it makes pretty much sense to take it from the quest instance (palace) and make it drop out of the quest instance.

So "certain servants in Hews Bane" much likely means "servants in the Palace of the quest instance" (said without spoilers).

So now it was taken out of the quest instance and is dropping somewhere else - that would be more probable as your explanation ;)
    Edited by altemriel on August 15, 2017 7:05AM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If reading comprehension is so important to you, then do also point out that the above is a matter of interpretation.
    I read it as follows:
    "Certain Servants in Hew’s Bane were carrying items associated with Addicts.
    They’ve kicked the habit, and no longer carry these items."
    In other words, the item that was removed from the Servant drop table should now be found in the Addicts drop table.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »

If reading comprehension is so important to you, then do also point out that the above is a matter of interpretation.
    I read it as follows:
    In other words, the item that was removed from the Servant drop table should now be found in the Addicts drop table.

exactly!
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

I read it as follows:

exactly!

"Associated with Addicts" Addicts being an adjective of Servants (as in addicted to schooma). Not another NPC type. I haven't seen any "Addicts" in game...Unless you count the players... :)
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I read it as follows:

exactly!

"Associated with Addicts" Addicts being an adjective of Servants (as in addicted to schooma). Not another NPC type. I haven't seen any "Addicts" in game...Unless you count the players... :)

That might get some people into PvP...
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that was the thing in the patch notes regarding Addicts. And since it is in capitals it points to other NPC types. I even found Outlaw and Prisoner NPC types.

My best guess for these NPCs is that they are in Khajiit areas. Probably in Khenarthi's Roost. I have yet to test it however. The actual servants in Hubalajad actually dropped khajiit items so they were probably a fluke that finally got fixed

I will go and try to find some Addict NPCs later on tonight
    Edited by LMar on August 15, 2017 6:28PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I read it as follows:

exactly!

As @LMar pointed out as well, considering both Servants and Addicts are capitalized, it is suggested that they are in fact referring to a type of NPC. Especially since we already know of many similar categories, listed here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/341078/pickpocketing-furnishings-and-blueprints/p1 and those have been referred to as such in the past. I would expect any NPC found continuously hovering around a skooma bubbler to be of the 'Addict persuasion', and there are several in-game (public places in Hew's Bane and Khenarthi's Roost, to name a few). EDIT to clarify: meaning there are several skooma bubblers in-game, placed around the world.
    Edited by Saturnana on August 16, 2017 8:24AM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I read it as follows:

exactly!

As @LMar pointed out as well, considering both Servants and Addicts are capitalized, it is suggested that they are in fact referring to a type of NPC. Especially since we already know of many similar categories, listed here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/341078/pickpocketing-furnishings-and-blueprints/p1 and those have been referred to as such in the past. I would expect any NPC found continuously hovering around a skooma bubbler to be of the 'Addict persuasion', and there are several in-game (public places in Hew's Bane and Khenarthi's Roost, to name a few). EDIT to clarify: meaning there are several skooma bubblers in-game, placed around the world.

exactly what I was thinking - there are many NPCs sitting around the skooma bubblers, there we find them!!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The bubbler can be pickpocketed from drunkards as I just stole one from a drunkard in Vvardenfell. I have not seen the design plan for it yet.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    The bubbler can be pickpocketed from drunkards as I just stole one from a drunkard in Vvardenfell. I have not seen the design plan for it yet.

Thanks for letting us know, kind sir. You are every addict's hero!
    *Goes to hunt for bubbler*
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

- Sheogorath
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

awesome!! thank you :)!!
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭

awesome!! thank you :)!!

There are a lot of Drunkards in the inn in Hoarfrost Down in RIvenspire if you want to farm them :-)