The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should PVP Be Removed From ESO?

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    So should we remove pve entirely? Only seems fair if op thinks pvp should be removed

Yes. I'd happily support them getting rid of PvE and making some other PvE-based game and instead concentrate on getting the game back to the large-scale PvP awesomeness that it was advertised as originally.

Make no mistake, PvE doesn't belong here.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    I voted yes, because it would do away with a lot of things I feel are plaguing this game. I also feel that it would ease a lot of strain on the servers, and make the game perform a lot more smoother. Plus, devs wouldn't have to make 'balance' changes with how certain skills and what not would effect players. They can build around how things effect the content at hand, and not have to gimp players who want nothing to do with PvP.

the pvp type folks need also excuse to be doing ego stroking. cant just leave it to the glorious elite pve:rs.

and its quite boring to watch 1-12 ppl kill non player controlled monsters over and over and over again. no change of tactics or any interesting failures.
    Edited by kuro-dono on May 2, 2017 11:08AM
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    and some folks seem to have forgotten. this game was main'ed as an pvp game. not pve game. it just happens to please lots of pve folks as this game features broken stuff like an animation cancelling to allow yourself to have advantage over someone who cant perform animation cancelling or just is shite at it.
  • martinhpb16_ESO
    martinhpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Because I would stop playing ESO if it was removed
    At least the spelling is difficult for you.
    Hew's Bane*
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes, because I could stop playing this game for good.

*Reading through the thread, LOL @ OP, he/she is actually serious.*
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Verbz
    Verbz
    No, because...
    lmao not a chance should it be removed..

op i just read your comment of why you think it should be removed, so going on that maybe we should just remove pve, that way we can get full focus on making it better, not having to adjust the game so that you guys/gals in the dungeons dont whine...

or maybe the game should stop entirely and we get fallout online.

but on a serious note, stop asking selfish polls, the game is for both pvp and pve alike, get over it, dont waste your time with silly questions, instead maybe you could spend your time coming up with something constructive to make the game better for both parts.
  • Verbz
    Verbz
    No, because...
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    Ulfgarde wrote: »
    What kind of question is this?

It was one of the most important and anticipated aspects of the game when it was released.

It's probably the only nonlinear and continuous endgame we have, so no.

And it's been continually a drain on balance, alot of people are not satisfied with it at present, and so on and so fourth.

Really, what are you geting here over any other MMO? Truely tell me what your geting over any other MMO with the same PVP structure.

Are you joking? Please then, tell me one other mmo that has open world PvP of this size, has good and proper siege warfare, destructible and repairable keeps/castles, etc etc?

And also, if we're gonna play like this, why don't we just get rid of PVE? I mean, it obviously kills balance in pvp, let's just get rid of it, right?

Archeage

• coolermh
    coolermh
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Well it is pretty clear what the people think. lol.
    -MrHeid625
    Max Chars:
    Magika Sorc AD
    Stamina NB AD
    Stam DK AD
    Magika NB-
    Magika Temp-
    Stam Warden
    Stam Sorc
    Mag Warden
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify).
    ZOS can do whatever they want. If PVP goes then I have no reason to play this game, so I probably won't. While dungeons and trials are entertaining, everything I do in this game (except housing) is to improve my character for PVP.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    @Ch4mpTW have you tried no CP? I'm getting more and more addicted to it. It's a slower pace, and in all seriousness may be a more comfortable fit for you, if you're NA Xbox we can run together if ya want :)
    Edited by Waffennacht on May 2, 2017 6:35PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    PvE'ers are rough. They don't like to PvP and then want to remove it simply because they don't like it. What the heck.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No because it's a stupid idea.

You can't just take half the game out, the game was advertised with pvp in mind.

Just because some people don't like pvp and don't agree with som changes doesn't mean it should go.

What a stupid poll.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Ulfgarde wrote: »
    What kind of question is this?

It was one of the most important and anticipated aspects of the game when it was released.

It's probably the only worthy endgame we have, so no.

What type of question is it? A question that seeks an answer of opinion from others. That's what type of question it is. If you don't like the question, then don't respond. If you like the question, but don't feel it should be removed? Explain why. Same with if you do feel that it should be removed.

I'm deadass getting tired of grown men and women behaving immaturely, and being unable to get their point across in a civilized manner. This is a VIDEO GAME forum. Have some decency. Damn.

No, just no...

At the risk of sounding uncivilized

You went full retar... on this poll champ.
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    OP, if you didn't want any "drama or indecency" in you're thread, then maybe you shouldn't have asked a question like this. You have now summoned the wrath of the entire PvP crowd.

Getting rid of PvP would be, you guessed it, idiotic. If you think people are upset about the recent natch potes, you have no idea how much raging, and players leaving the game, there would be if PvP was removed.

PvP wouldn't ever be removed like this though of course because even Zeni doesn't make mistakes that large.

Either this is a troll poll or OP tried PvP once, got beaten by other people, and then never went back in.

@Stovahkiin Hm? Troll poll, or tried PvP once and got beaten? Never went back in? Lol. Bruh, I used to be a hardcore PvP'er. In fact, I used to love PvP so much that I completely cut myself off from PvE entirely for months. Yeah. I was that much of a fan of it. Mind you, this was way back when there were HUGE waves of people constantly going at it. The zergs you know of nowadays? Hardly a zerg compared to back in the good ole' days.

And here's the kicker... There was little to no lag, and or performance issues at all at hand during these massive conflicts. There was also a hell of a lot more balance, than there is now. Even with stamina regenerating while blocking, dynamic ultimate, meteors being able to be reflected, Sorcerers being able to Bolt Escape way more, and shield durations being much longer.

Lol. You need to your homework, comrade. PvP is a joke nowadays. What do you know about seeing maybe 80 versus 80 popping off at any given time at multiple keeps? Not even during prime time? Hm? There's videos of these days on YT. See it for yourself.

If this was your idea of constructive criticism toward the pop community, I say dear boy. You have brought a hell on your enjoy your but being ravaged by the pvp community, pve is not my style, I love the freedom this game offers pvp wise. I am not restricted to anything and if I am better than a group of 5 or 6 people I can kill them. No other mmo provides that so you'd lose 80% of the population so you can kill monsters and have fun? What is the end game?
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Can we remove PvE instead?
  • Darnathian
    Darnathian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes because ZOS despite player feedback still insist on trying to balance both PVP and PVE at the same time which is impossible as proven during last two years for nerfing and balancing things back and forth.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4055913

and as a PVE player, if im asked to choose between PVE and PVP ill choose PVE tenfold times.

As a PVE player i see PVP only as a source of salt, conflicts, blanket nerfs that hurt PVE players and generally as place that wastes developers time.

Why are nerfs for PVE bad? Its mind numbingly boring. Lol
  • Zouni
    Zouni
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Worthless poll...of course no!
    Nyxtes - NB
    Nyxta - Sorc
    Mastrofonoss - DK
    Gr Blue - Temp
  • TheRubiksCube
    TheRubiksCube
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I voted no since PvP is pretty much the only thing I do on ESO. I think PvE can be enjoyable, but once you know the mechanics to a boss or trial, it's pretty much rinse and repeat and I honestly think that is incredibly boring. If there wasn't PvP in this game, I don't think I'd be playing this game after 4 months or so since I would've beaten all the content by then.

With PvP, there's always the element of surprise, and there's no mechanic to master when fighting another good player. That keeps things fresh, and got me to come back after taking a 2 week break from this game.
    Blood for the Pact! Retired Arctic Empire Officer
    Xbox NA XBL gamertag: RUBLKS CUBE (feel free to message me to duel or to play with me)
    EP: Lv 50 High Elf Dragonknight, Lv 50 Breton Templar (Former Emperor of Versidue-Shae), Lv 50 Dark Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Sorcerer, Lv 50 Wood Elf Nightblade, Lv 50 High Elf Templar, Lv 50 Redguard Sorcerer
    DC: Lv 50 Breton Sorcerer
    AD: Lv 50 Breton Templar
    Current CP: About 790
    Campaigns: Vivec or any other campaign I feel like.
    Time schedule: No specific time/ pacific standard time.
  • Sosderosii
    Sosderosii
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No, because it should instead be separate from PVE in the sense that some skills from each class need to be adjusted specifically for PVP where anything can cause a high impact imbalance.

There is no good argument against that because the devs need to test the game in both pve and pvp anyway and it would actually simplify their work.

Instead of trying in vain to balance those skills in both pvp and pve, they would better make them work somewhat differently
    and the only common thing should be the skill name which would fit both versions with some imagination.
    Edited by Sosderosii on May 10, 2017 3:50PM
  • Sosderosii
    Sosderosii
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...

PVP wasn't profitable. Not at the subscription model they were using, anyway. Wonder what that says.

Even if most players would give money for stuff they use in PVE content, they would at some point want some PVPing
    and it helps the game if those players remain in ESO for that.
    Otherwise, when they would have made the decision to come back to PVE, the game might or might not have been ESO.
    Edited by Sosderosii on May 10, 2017 3:57PM
  • scipionumatia
    scipionumatia
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Isn't that the point of mmo?
    Scipio Numantia Red guard Nightblade PvP- AD
    Scipio Asiaticus Khajiit Nightblade (CRAFTER/DPS) PvE- EP
    Altmer Nightblade PvP- EP
    Fueoculto Breton Templar (DPS) PvE- EP
    Rasoculto Orc Dragon Knight PvP- EP
    Caethus Argonian Templar (HEAL) PvE- EP
    Vale Oso Nord Sorc (DPS) PvE- AD
    Sir-Galahad-the-pure Altmer Sorc (DPS) PvE- EP
    Scipionumantine Imperial Templar PvP- EP
    Un-bearable Imperial Warden PVP- EP
    Vale Bear Altmer Warden PvP- EP
    Baits-All-Zergs Argonian Dragon knight PVP- DC
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Out of curiosity, do you feel that PVP should be removed entirely from ESO? If so, please explain why. I'd not, please explain why as well.

Because this question is so dumb is is staggering that it had to be asked.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    no way man ! you crazy ?
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Yes because ZOS despite player feedback still insist on trying to balance both PVP and PVE at the same time which is impossible as proven during last two years for nerfing and balancing things back and forth.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4055913

and as a PVE player, if im asked to choose between PVE and PVP ill choose PVE tenfold times.

As a PVE player i see PVP only as a source of salt, conflicts, blanket nerfs that hurt PVE players and generally as place that wastes developers time.

I need my daily dose of salt and conflict!!!
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    ...because suggestions made under the influence of psychedelics should never be taken seriously.
  • Shadows_Blade
    Shadows_Blade
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes. PVP ruins the PVE experience and especially the solo experience. That said it is possible to create completely different rules and balancing for the PVP aspect of the game. This would be easier to implement as ESO already has a completely separate PVP area that cannot simply be wandered into.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify).
    PVP doesn't have to be removed from the game, merely split completely from PVE. That's all. Then both modes can be developed properly, something that is impossible now. Stage One requires a built-in dressing room function so that players can switch between completely different builds with a single click and for no cost.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No because I haven't see such a stupid suggestion in ages...

this was one of the greatest responses I have ever read. I could not stop laughing for about 3 minutes. my side actually hurts from the laughter. well done
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (please specify).
    This is a bad fight for you to pick.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    b6540g.jpg
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
This discussion has been closed.