The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ZOS, nerf Sorc shield

• Xenofex
    Xenofex
    ✭✭
    I started playing this game again after a 1 year break, and in those times sorcs were complete rubbish in pvp, approx 5% players in pvp were sorcs. And I told in forums that it is temporary and it will change. And now we have posts that scream for sorc nerfs. This is never ending carousel.

About shield stacking I really don`t get it. The shield cast time is 1 second, shields stay for 6 seconds. By the time I have completed casting second shield, I have only 4 seconds left before I need to start casting shields again. This is so terrible I don`t even use it. I just use single deadric ward.
    Flawless Conquer
  • DeviousCat
    The fault is Zos's, they wanted to increase revenue by increasing the player base. To do this they had to create a lot of short cuts for the newbs to bring them up to an even footing.

That works for everything but skill and experience, which most of us know has to be earned.

Now we have a continuous stream of WHINERS that want it handed to them, if they can't easily kill you the solution is to nerf your build because L2P is far too much work.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i don't know what you want ...

-maybe a cooldown ( = death of the sorcerer )

-Disable the shield stacking ( = death of the sorcerer , we need at least to stack healing ward and hardened ward ! healing ward is the only heal available for non pet sorcerer ... power surge don't have enough heal for be as good as healing ward , and we can't use dark conversion to heal , because it cost stamina ... and a sorcerer " stun " without stamina is a dead sorc )

- nerf them to 3 sec ? LOL ( = death of the sorcerer , because you cast hardened ward, you cast healing ward , you swith of weapons .. and hardened ward will be finish )

Shields have already been nerf ! they divided by 2 the power of shields in pvp , and they divided by 3 the time of shields !
    Edited by Apherius on April 15, 2017 1:14PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bet most of the complainers are stacking crit chance and crit dmg along with penetration to combat hvy armour..

You guys know, right that if you take cp out of crit damage, there is a star you can add it to that increases damage to shields... If you drop spriggarns and instead add a weapon damage set or proc set like hundings or viper...
    There's is a set specifically to do damage through shields, also don't oblivion enchants go through too?

Yknow, building to combat shields instead of armour. Of course if everyone did that the boards would be full of heavy armour is op threads instead ..

Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Theres another thread just started about buffing shields haaaaa.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    I bet most of the complainers are stacking crit chance and crit dmg along with penetration to combat hvy armour..

You guys know, right that if you take cp out of crit damage, there is a star you can add it to that increases damage to shields... If you drop spriggarns and instead add a weapon damage set or proc set like hundings or viper...
    There's is a set specifically to do damage through shields, also don't oblivion enchants go through too?

Yknow, building to combat shields instead of armour. Of course if everyone did that the boards would be full of heavy armour is op threads instead ..

oh yeah, Im this very rare medium armor wearer and I dont have option to go into more resist etc, only to rolldodge and rest I going into max damage when to max damage I going int crit, penetration without defense like heavy armor/shield and my ofense is useless agains those same glass cannonshieldstacker with defense like tanks but I in medium armor dont have any good defense except rolldodge and stacked things to burst which are useless agaoinst this sorc excpet just go on max weapon damage ignoring all crits, penetration etc which is bad choice for every other non sorc
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Biro123 I agree with you the reason we are having so many nerf sorc thread is that sets cp and the way the game currently is causing people issue with sorcs. 7/8 spec are all running heavy armor tank DPS build which is another issue with cp and sets we have and that the other two armor types are trash in comparison. Everyone had to build for for high crit and armor pen. Which doesn't affect sorcs so if people change to just beat sorcs they are going to complain they can't kill heavy armor builds. Its a double edge sword.I don't know what SOS can do that make both sides happy. Right now Sorcs deal to much damage in pve and in turn effect PVP when Zos bring the hammer.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm noticing that most of these sorc nerf threads are hardly literate. coincidence?
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on April 17, 2017 8:19PM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• Hurika
    Hurika
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the... "count to 6 then attack". Good sorcs don't let their shields down and will re-shield, be standing in runes/mines, and/or streak as soon as you try to gap close.

Maybe bad sorcs don't keep their OP defenses up but good ones do.

Range attacks should scale with range so if you're on a range caster they can shield for defense or try to get some range for offense, but not alternate damage and shields and never lose any HPs.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can do everything people are complaining about on here with my Magplar. My Harness is 19k+ unbuffed. You don't need to be a Magsorc to have awesome shields.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can do everything people are complaining about on here with my Magplar. My Harness is 19k+ unbuffed. You don't need to be a Magsorc to have awesome shields.

There are some major differences with magplar though. The main one being I'm not as worried about being bursted down because magplar lacks spammable dps. All you have to do is root a magplar and he literally can't hit you. And also that harness while strong is just one shield meaning it can be bursted down. So while magplars have great survivability the lack in damage where as a mag sorc or stam dk basically has everything
  • apostate9
    apostate9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im noticing that most of these sorc nerf threads are barley literate. Couincidence?

On that note...

The word is "I'm", not "im". It's a contraction. Moreover, you misspelled "barely", and "coincidence".

So, yeah.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn it @THEDKEXPERIENCE dude I JUST started my Templar, I swear to God if you start the templar is OP bandwagon by telling people the truth... I'll.... I'll do something!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Damn it @THEDKEXPERIENCE dude I JUST started my Templar, I swear to God if you start the templar is OP bandwagon by telling people the truth... I'll.... I'll do something!

Hahahahaha. Wait ... I mean ... um ... NERF SORCS!!! Yeah!!!
  • Hrolfkel
    Hrolfkel
    ✭✭
    Wow some salty peeps out there about sorcs, wonder how they feel when they are ganked by a shield stacking NB, harness magic, healing ward, with pirate Skelly, 4 necro, 5 martial way = rekt sorc
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

http://imgur.com/p4Sy3Uh

I figured out how to post my stats. These are unbuffed. Magplars are totally not OP ... hahaha ... yeah ... nerf sorcs ... yeah ... nothing to see here. HAHAHA.

Spell Power gets about 1.3k higher while both resistances and my health get a 5k plus buff.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE! IT'S ALL THE MAGSORCS YOU NEED TO BE LOOKING AT. MOVE ALONG!
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    apostate9 wrote: »
    Im noticing that most of these sorc nerf threads are barley literate. Couincidence?

On that note...

The word is "I'm", not "im". It's a contraction. Moreover, you misspelled "barely", and "coincidence".

So, yeah.

Problem with auto correct, not me :| fixed it anyway

And I was more so referring to the structure of the sentences rather then the spelling
    Edited by Father_X_Zombie on April 17, 2017 8:21PM
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc are strong.Not Op with the new changes next patch they will be in a good spot.
    Edited by KingJ on April 17, 2017 9:57PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad they avoided the hammer thus far :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht @Minalan

Sorcerer shields were actually nerfed, like semi significantly... Probably by about 15-20%. I didn't realize it at first but we didn't escape unscathed. Going to try to avoid explaining it because I'd rather Pubs not know. But the smart players will catch on... Kind of sucks.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jsmalls wrote: »
    @Waffennacht @Minalan

Sorcerer shields were actually nerfed, like semi significantly... Probably by about 15-20%. I didn't realize it at first but we didn't escape unscathed. Going to try to avoid explaining it because I'd rather Pubs not know. But the smart players will catch on... Kind of sucks.

I think I know what you're talking about, and if it is, Im impressed with your knowledge of Sorcs.

If we are on the same page, we can make up for it, just at a cost of something pretty useful... to the point where I'm actually questioning if it could be made up for...
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st welcome to ESO, 2nd to really enjoy the greener grass you see around the Sorc you have to play one.
  • Draekony
    Draekony
    ✭✭
    I feel like if they nerf sorc shields they need to fix miat pvp addon, I mean I love it I use it but literally can't rely on landing any crystals fragments, which is to me a big part of our damage, while we're being railed on. Nerf shield and not the addon then we'll be flinging duds while we die fast.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draekony wrote: »
    I feel like if they nerf sorc shields they need to fix miat pvp addon, I mean I love it I use it but literally can't rely on landing any crystals fragments, which is to me a big part of our damage, while we're being railed on. Nerf shield and not the addon then we'll be flinging duds while we die fast.

I find that part of the add-on so distasteful, but I already posted my thoughts on that.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

@Waffennacht @Minalan

I think I know what you're talking about, and if it is, Im impressed with your knowledge of Sorcs.

If we are on the same page, we can make up for it, just at a cost of something pretty useful... to the point where I'm actually questioning if it could be made up for...

It's no big secret, it's all in the patch notes. The masses of pubs just can't read.

To help low CP players compete, diminishing returns on CP investment is now pure stupid. Dumping 25 points into a tree for a 2% gain is asinine. Thus, (the few smart) people will have enough points left for a generous amount of shattering blows without putting too many points into that tree. A good player will forego 1% crit damage and 1% elemental damage and take 10-15% shattering. Potatoes will go full 100 in both and blubber to ZOS about shields.

On top of that, elemental defender and Hardy CP took a hit, so damage against shields will go up 10-15%. Those CP are the only ones that reduce damage against shields, and shields have zero armor rating.

To make up for it, you'll have to stack on more max magicka, which costs slots. Or use major protection items/ultimates. Either way you're looking at shields that go down 20% faster (on the low end).

The hordes of whiners and half-wits will continue to complain. The people who understand math and basic game mechanics will say 'well played ZOS'.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

@Waffennacht @Minalan

It's no big secret, it's all in the patch notes. The masses of pubs just can't read.

To help low CP players compete, diminishing returns on CP investment is now pure stupid. Dumping 25 points into a tree for a 2% gain is asinine. Thus, (the few smart) people will have enough points left for a generous amount of shattering blows without putting too many points into that tree. A good player will forego 1% crit damage and 1% elemental damage and take 10-15% shattering. Potatoes will go full 100 in both and blubber to ZOS about shields.

On top of that, elemental defender and Hardy CP took a hit, so damage against shields will go up 10-15%. Those CP are the only ones that reduce damage against shields, and shields have zero armor rating.

To make up for it, you'll have to stack on more max magicka, which costs slots. Or use major protection items/ultimates. Either way you're looking at shields that go down 20% faster (on the low end).

The hordes of whiners and half-wits will continue to complain. The people who understand math and basic game mechanics will say 'well played ZOS'.

Yeap... that's why I was like "we can make up for it.... wait a minute... nerp nvm"

Sorcs are still gonna get mad hate. If just because of dark conversion alone. I'm pretty glad I'm moving more into a templar, especially now that "templars are dead"
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jsmalls
    Jsmalls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Minalan

Depending on how increased damage % and reduced damage % is calculated Ele def and Hardy won't change change shield strength due to it being hit on both sides of the trees (offense and defense). But the fact that we have to split our red tree into a 5th star Ironclad, that'll force our shields down in %
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many idiots in this thread, if you really have a problem with sorcs, put some CP in shattering blows.... that's why it's there.

Roll dodge > shields
    Edited by psychotic13 on April 20, 2017 1:09PM
  • t3hdubzy
    t3hdubzy
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many idiots in this thread, if you really have a problem with sorcs, put some CP in shattering blows.... that's why it's there.

Roll dodge > shields

Shattering blows isnt great and it reduces damage elsewhere.

Dodge roll doesnt dodge all damage and cant be used pre emptively. It also doesnt allow you to go on the offensive while playing defense simultaneously.

I disagree.
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dk and templar without major mending, ohh good, hard times
This discussion has been closed.