The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, nerf Sorc shield

Barbardin
Barbardin
✭✭✭
Really, ZOS, you should nerf those sorc, which are using shileds 24/7, it's just impossible to cut through it, also you can't crit on shield! Those shields make sorc class extremely tanky and they also hit like trucks!
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psst.. sorc only have one shield :open_mouth:
    PC | EU
  • Barbardin
    Barbardin
    ✭✭✭

I am talking about ward shields on sorc in general, just imposible to deal with them.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want them to nerf the nerfed shields? They used to last twenty seconds now they last six, what do you propose that they last three seconds?
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbardin wrote: »

I am talking about ward shields on sorc in general, just imposible to deal with them.

So entitle the thread something like "ZOS pls fix shield stacking".
    PC | EU
  • Barbardin
    Barbardin
    ✭✭✭
    So you want them to nerf the nerfed shields? They used to last twenty seconds now they last six, what do you propose that they last three seconds?

Sure, why not, this class is extremely tanky and extremely offensive, also sorc has easy to escape skill... Right...
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm headed into Cyro now.

Let's see how many more of these guys I can respawn here. By the time I'm done, his post will have half a dozen more agrees.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Love when people pull this one. Shields never lasted 20 seconds in combat (pvp). They only lasted a few seconds, in which the duration nerf changed nothing really.

#Buff sorcs
    #Nerf argonians.
    #INeed2Sleep
    Edited by Master_Kas on April 13, 2017 2:51AM
    EU | PC
  • Barbardin
    Barbardin
    ✭✭✭
    But really, when you have a class, which can easily tank 10 players, kill them all an then escape very easy, you know there is something wrong with this game...
  • Barbardin
    Barbardin
    ✭✭✭
    And it is pretty funny how in this game a magica class can just stand on one spot, casting whatever they want, not trying to be mobile, while stamina class is another story...
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But really, when you have a class, which can easily tank 10 players, kill them all an then escape very easy, you know there is something wrong with this game...

Or there's something wrong with the 10 players. I only use one ward in open world pvp, if you nerf sorcs only shield then players like me who don't stack shields will suffer more than those who do. What you're looking for is a nerf to shield stacking or a nerf to the damage reduction the pirate skeleton set offers to shield stackers. Do some research and try to ask for the correct nerfs please. Reserch the pirate skeleton set and know that the 30% damage reduction provided by the 2 piece bonus also applies to any ward. This might be why you see wards that are stronger than they're meant to be.
    PC | EU
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields are OP if used properly - I wont deny it - once I rolled my mag-sorc VMA switched to easy mode instantly.

The problem is that most of the players does't use them or doesn't bust them up properly and their shields are meh and if zos nerfs it further then shields will be useless for most of the players.

The purpose of magica shields is to add some sort of mitigation to light armor players.

Medium armor players have lots of juice for roll-dodging and breaking free.
    Heavy armor players have lots of mitigation
    And light armor players have shields.

I think that the solution to all OP-ness is to remove damage scaling out of resource.
    Let the shields scale out of magica pool but no the damage.
    Same goes for stamina.

But it is too much work because they will need to pump up the damage for all skills which won't happen.

BTW not only sorcs can stack shields. The light armor shield absorbs physical damage too now and you can stack it with healing ward shield - all magica classes can stack shields effectively now.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah go ahead and nerf hardened ward. Force more and more sorcerers to stack shields instead of encouraging them not to. Like how it happened with the duration nerf.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Barbardin
    Barbardin
    ✭✭✭
    have you seen any mmo, where mage class could tank and dps and heal at the same time?
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    have you seen any mmo, where mage class could tank and dps and heal at the same time?

Every class in eso can tank, dps and heal at the same time. That is pvp in this game.
    PC | EU
  • Barbardin
    Barbardin
    ✭✭✭
    I can already see the 4v4v4 battlegrounds with balance that is today
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP have you played a Sorc? Any decent player slays Sorc no problem, CC them, wards expire, dead. No Impen, Light Armour, no stamina

Sure a good player can be hard to kill, but as is true on any class, with a good player.

If a Sorc is 'warding 24/7' they are burning Magika and NOT attacking. Whilst a heavy user gets passive defence and attacks away with huge stamina / CC pool to break free.

Unless ur fighting some Sorc pro's you are doing something wrong in your tactics.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One, don't ever suggest sorc nerfs. They're a bunch of overly sensitive boy band types, and you're just going to get off key whining. Lol.

Two...I think Morrowind changes will solve a lot of what you're talking about. They're returning resource management to the game, and abilities will get more expensive while regen will go down. This is probably going to take away the ability to perma-spam heals and wards.

(Specific changes aren't finalized, but at PAX the test servers had no avilitymcost reduction CPs and the regen ones were reduced to 15% from 25%'when 100 points are attributed. We'll see what hits the PTS, but that was what was previewed).
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    OP have you played a Sorc? Any decent player slays Sorc no problem, CC them, wards expire, dead. No Impen, Light Armour, no stamina

Sure a good player can be hard to kill, but as is true on any class, with a good player.

If a Sorc is 'warding 24/7' they are burning Magika and NOT attacking. Whilst a heavy user gets passive defence and attacks away with huge stamina / CC pool to break free.

Unless ur fighting some Sorc pro's you are doing something wrong in your tactics.

Have you ever really caught a good sorc? A sorc can ward while it sets up it's burst. That's what makes it so strong. Curse, frags, mages wrath can easily do 18k damage without the fury proc. And cc and kill is that easy for you huh? What about immovable pots? Or a sorc who doesn't wait 6 seconds to recast the shield....
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can already see the 4v4v4 battlegrounds with balance that is today

Me too. 3 StamDKs and a templar. An indestructible group scoring kills only with timed ulti dumps and radiant.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, because a good player killed bad ones, which should standard in Cyrodiil. Don't be mad that for once, you little zerglings got smashed.
    #makepvpskillfulagain
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It´s not sorc - it´s harness magica (stacked with hardened ward) and pirate skeleton that needs to be looked at.

Make non healingward shields not stack and rework pirate (and trollking).

Also revisit block.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok, well, I'm probably you're average PvP sorc - I'm very successful when running in a group, my burst, survivability and sustain is great and I get awesome Kill Counter stats. But when it comes to 1vX or duals, I get mixed results even tho I'm stacking Hardened Ward and Harness Magicka.

I have all the right gear, max cp in all the right places, I know how to burst, know how to block and dodge and have 22k+ spell and Physical resistance, yet there are a lot of players I simply can't compete with at all. There are a lot of players of all classes that whatever I do their health hardly moves while they hop around like Kangeroo's on heat and then I'm dead within 5 seconds.

If anyone is able to advise how you do this or how you counter it I'd really like to know :)
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run Stam-Magicka drain poisons, stun them a few times, send them back to a respawn.

• FlyLionel
    FlyLionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not complain about making shields able to crit, extend the duration though and make them slightly stronger..also thinking about pve it seems to be better off just increasing duration instead of making it stronger while npc do not crit. Up to Zos though.
    The Flyers
  • ZOS_JohanaB
    ZOS_JohanaB
    ✭✭✭✭
    We've removed a couple of post from this thread. Please try to only add constructive comments to the conversation.
    Staff Post
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another stupid thread, written by someone who needs to L2P.

Shields are good 1v1 that's it, roll dodge, evasion and resistance are superior 1vX
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭

L2P instead making this nonsense treads. Perma blocking DKs and Templars might do what, but sorc....no way. 2 decent dps spec drop sorc in no time.
  • MrBrandon
    MrBrandon
    ✭✭✭
    Really, ZOS, you should nerf those sorc, which are using shileds 24/7, it's just impossible to cut through it, also you can't crit on shield! Those shields make sorc class extremely tanky and they also hit like trucks!

Yes, I agree. ZOS needs to allow crit to shields. Sorcs that know how to play the class can deal a crazy amount of damage and eat everything. Hardened ward and light armor ward with bastion.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    I'm headed into Cyro now.

Let's see how many more of these guys I can respawn here. By the time I'm done, his post will have half a dozen more agrees.

Sure, you do that, no-life

I stack shields all day long. Hope they buff it just you struggle more lol. If you can't kill a sorc, go back to pve.
This discussion has been closed.