The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, nerf Sorc shield

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shields are over performing, and need to be nerfed hard. I've seen heavy armored DKs struggle more against 4 people than a light armor magsorc. The main difference? The magsorc puts out astronomically more damage.

The magsorc easy mode has gone long enough.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    jakeyura wrote: »
    i don't know what the solution is but something needs to be done to sorcs to balance them.

Sorcs should have to use their shields wisely and not just spam them for the entire duration of a fight. Right now it takes 3 brain cells to play a sorc. Rule 1: Keep your shields up, Rule 2: time curse and drags together and animation cancel everything.

They have zero sacrifice. They are easy to play, can make up for any mistake they make by focusing on their shields until they absorb all your burst. They have the highest sustain while also having the highest damage and max pools. It's unbelievable that they have gone this long without some type of rebalancing.

And anyone that says the dropping the shield time to 6 seconds effected their sorc is a liar. 1 shield in a fight doesn't last 6 seconds anyways. Sorcs just recast all their shields every 2-3 seconds.

try playing a sorc for a month
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    jakeyura wrote: »
    i don't know what the solution is but something needs to be done to sorcs to balance them.

Sorcs should have to use their shields wisely and not just spam them for the entire duration of a fight. Right now it takes 3 brain cells to play a sorc. Rule 1: Keep your shields up, Rule 2: time curse and drags together and animation cancel everything.

They have zero sacrifice. They are easy to play, can make up for any mistake they make by focusing on their shields until they absorb all your burst. They have the highest sustain while also having the highest damage and max pools. It's unbelievable that they have gone this long without some type of rebalancing.

And anyone that says the dropping the shield time to 6 seconds effected their sorc is a liar. 1 shield in a fight doesn't last 6 seconds anyways. Sorcs just recast all their shields every 2-3 seconds.

try playing a sorc for a month

I had my sorc since imperial city and played it during critprocalipse... and i agree with @jakejura 110% lol. But it is not a sorc issue... ppl keep narrowing it to sorcs even myself, when that is not the issue. The real issue here is shield stacking and 100 cp on bastion with any magic class even tho sorc is the most abused, so i c where everybody is coming from. Anyway its funny zenimax nerfed all the relevant constelations like elfborn ,elemental defender and mighty just to mention a few. And somehow they missed bastion... why?
    Edited by Arkangeloski on July 20, 2017 8:15PM
  • PikkonMG
    PikkonMG
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs don't so much need a nerf as shield stacking does. You shouldn't be able to stack 2 shields.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PikkonMG wrote: »
    Sorcs don't so much need a nerf as shield stacking does. You shouldn't be able to stack 2 shields.

You shouldn't be able to stack two proc sets either ;).
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • lrizo
    lrizo
    ✭✭
    lrizo wrote: »
    Excabor wrote: »
    Most people that hate sorcerers actually never played one. It is not as easy as you make it sound. lol

Forget about it curse= easy mode never miss a rotation ;) dark conversion = fresh resources plus a heal easy mode, just streak away get behind a rock and use converaion and u are back on the fight. And btw i play sorc aswell and they are top class for pvp and pve... and going back to the easy mode do you ever heard the meme elderly scrolls? It came to be when one of the developers wanted the sorc to be more noob friendly specialy for the older player that lacks the reflexes and reaction time of a more youger and more avid player... with that said yes it is an easier class to play with and because of that i dont use it often i rather play stam because is hard mode and it gets my blood pumping B)

Stam is hard mode...lol just lol

Obvoiusly u dont run a stamina toon... sorcs and any magicka class use stamina for cc break only and with sets like blood spawn that is not a problem anymore, stam users have to fight wisely due to 1 pool for everything from healing to dodge roll and atacking... one wrong extra move you depleded your stam you are dead.. you need to know what blows to block and what not. Due to medium armor block can cost you your life if not applied on the right time frame and if you do it too much you end up with no stam wich in most cases equals death, and that just to mention a few things to cosider when playing a stam class with no heavypermablocking cheese (dk's and templars) mostly, so with tha said...Let me know when any mag class has to go tru that... i mean if stacking shields over and over and over and spaming execute to proc frags is hard mode to you then... wow i dont know what to say but lol just lol.

Mate you're ridiculous. since sorcs have shields they don't have to worry about blocking and rolling? What a joke. You say this like blocking and rolling doesn't cost a sorc anything at all. Don't even get me started with your last comment, I mean c'mon mate, if you allow a sorc to kill you with spamming execute and a proc frag (both of which are dodgeble) then this is clearly on you mate.

I never said i got killed by one just by doing that... have you been living under a rock? When have u seen a sorc blocking other than a cc like dizzing blow?... everything else they facetank with shields first of all and second i never said they dont suffer from the ocasional dodge roll and block like i mention above... third read before you coment, i was stating that stamina is hardmode because we have 1 pool for everything...one wrong move and we are out of stamina and we are as scarry as a toothless lion because we cant atack... also let me add i play sorc aswell and if you read my first post i was comparing wich was harder to play and why i play a certain class. Quick question how many dodge rolls do you need to get to the center of a tootsie sorc? 1 may b 2 (if u smart and you run a set like amberplasm or something alike) lol because after that u wont be able to cc brake and die... so your comment about dodge rolling and blocking with a sorc just went up in smoke. Ask any competent sorc if they rather mitigate with shields or block... they will tell you my stamina pool is for cc brake only if i block a few La or Ha i cant cc brake, so i rather shield stack bc i have 50k magicka and my shields are better than blocking plus i can weave atacks in betwen shields., So yeah its funny how you make it sound like sorcs dodge roll and block all day in cyro lol!!!!! They will be no sorcs if they played like that... and the only time i c a sorc blocking is when they are out of magicka (baddie sorcs) and they are rooted and all u see is block n bash in a desperate move to survive, i just laugh when that happens m...a...t....e :D

Firstly, mate the only thing that came from your earlier post was a statement saying that stam classes have 1 pool to use abilities from, therefore making mag classes easy mode. Secondly, "one extra move and you depleted your Stam and your dead" what kind of *** is this mate, every class has to go through this whether it's a mag or stam class. Secondly, my comment about sorc rolling and dodgeing didn't go up in smoke, all you suggested was that all sorcs should wear amberplasm and then all is good. That's like me saying to all the *** players who struggle with sorcs to run shieldbreaker then they will be fine. Of course shields are a better alternative than block and dodgeing, nobody is arguing you there mate. But the main point is that having magicka pool to use abilities and a stam to cc break doesn't make a class easy mode. And I'm not gonna repeat it cause thankyourat put it very well.
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most people that hate sorcerers actually never played one. It is not as easy as you make it sound. lol

Forget about it curse= easy mode never miss a rotation ;) dark conversion = fresh resources plus a heal easy mode, just streak away get behind a rock and use converaion and u are back on the fight. And btw i play sorc aswell and they are top class for pvp and pve... and going back to the easy mode do you ever heard the meme elderly scrolls? It came to be when one of the developers wanted the sorc to be more noob friendly specialy for the older player that lacks the reflexes and reaction time of a more youger and more avid player... with that said yes it is an easier class to play with and because of that i dont use it often i rather play stam because is hard mode and it gets my blood pumping B)

Obvoiusly u dont run a stamina toon... sorcs and any magicka class use stamina for cc break only and with sets like blood spawn that is not a problem anymore, stam users have to fight wisely due to 1 pool for everything from healing to dodge roll and atacking... one wrong extra move you depleded your stam you are dead.. you need to know what blows to block and what not. Due to medium armor block can cost you your life if not applied on the right time frame and if you do it too much you end up with no stam wich in most cases equals death, and that just to mention a few things to cosider when playing a stam class with no heavypermablocking cheese (dk's and templars) mostly, so with tha said...Let me know when any mag class has to go tru that... i mean if stacking shields over and over and over and spaming execute to proc frags is hard mode to you then... wow i dont know what to say but lol just lol.

Mate you're ridiculous. since sorcs have shields they don't have to worry about blocking and rolling? What a joke. You say this like blocking and rolling doesn't cost a sorc anything at all. Don't even get me started with your last comment, I mean c'mon mate, if you allow a sorc to kill you with spamming execute and a proc frag (both of which are dodgeble) then this is clearly on you mate.

I never said i got killed by one just by doing that... have you been living under a rock? When have u seen a sorc blocking other than a cc like dizzing blow?... everything else they facetank with shields first of all and second i never said they dont suffer from the ocasional dodge roll and block like i mention above... third read before you coment, i was stating that stamina is hardmode because we have 1 pool for everything...one wrong move and we are out of stamina and we are as scarry as a toothless lion because we cant atack... also let me add i play sorc aswell and if you read my first post i was comparing wich was harder to play and why i play a certain class. Quick question how many dodge rolls do you need to get to the center of a tootsie sorc? 1 may b 2 (if u smart and you run a set like amberplasm or something alike) lol because after that u wont be able to cc brake and die... so your comment about dodge rolling and blocking with a sorc just went up in smoke. Ask any competent sorc if they rather mitigate with shields or block... they will tell you my stamina pool is for cc brake only if i block a few La or Ha i cant cc brake, so i rather shield stack bc i have 50k magicka and my shields are better than blocking plus i can weave atacks in betwen shields., So yeah its funny how you make it sound like sorcs dodge roll and block all day in cyro lol!!!!! They will be no sorcs if they played like that... and the only time i c a sorc blocking is when they are out of magicka (baddie sorcs) and they are rooted and all u see is block n bash in a desperate move to survive, i just laugh when that happens m...a...t....e :D

Firstly, mate the only thing that came from your earlier post was a statement saying that stam classes have 1 pool to use abilities from, therefore making mag classes easy mode. Secondly, "one extra move and you depleted your Stam and your dead" what kind of *** is this mate, every class has to go through this whether it's a mag or stam class. Secondly, my comment about sorc rolling and dodgeing didn't go up in smoke, all you suggested was that all sorcs should wear amberplasm and then all is good. That's like me saying to all the *** players who struggle with sorcs to run shieldbreaker then they will be fine. Of course shields are a better alternative than block and dodgeing, nobody is arguing you there mate. But the main point is that having magicka pool to use abilities and a stam to cc break doesn't make a class easy mode. And I'm not gonna repeat it cause thankyourat put it very well.
    Rich lambert confirmed when they first changed the curse mechanics, i remember everybody was crying because they tought it was a nerf, Remember that mate? The one and only rich lambert stated that they were making the sorc more casual player friendly, they changed the way curse behaves so every noob could preform a succesfull rotation, In order to make it the new casual player friendly class. What does that means mate? Sorc = easy mode for casual players... lol and you dont have to belive me if u dont want2, But i have 12 characters fully leveled gold vms weapons bis gear on all of them stam and mag alike.. i have been in both sides of the fence tested both strenghts and weaknesses and came to the conclution that the grass is way greener on the magic side mate... everybody knows that. And for the record i by no means have a favourite class, im all about diversity but when 1 class outshine most clases diversity becomes non existent and all we are left with is meta chasing zombies wearing and using the same crap youtubers do...
    Edited by Arkangeloski on July 20, 2017 10:59PM
  • lrizo
    lrizo
    ✭✭

Rich lambert confirmed when they first changed the curse mechanics, i remember everybody was crying because they tought it was a nerf, Remember that mate? The one and only rich lambert stated that they were making the sorc more casual player friendly, they changed the way curse behaves so every noob could preform a succesfull rotation, In order to make it the new casual player friendly class. What does that means mate? Sorc = easy mode for casual players... lol and you dont have to belive me if u dont want2, But i have 12 characters fully leveled gold vms weapons bis gear on all of them stam and mag alike.. i have been in both sides of the fence tested both strenghts and weaknesses and came to the conclution that the grass is way greener on the magic side mate... everybody knows that. And for the record i by no means have a favourite class, im all about diversity but when 1 class outshine most clases diversity becomes non existent and all we are left with is meta chasing zombies wearing and using the same crap youtubers do...

Lol mate I couldn't give a *** if you have 24 gold maxed out characters, it doesn't change how wrong you are. Curse has nothing to do with anything, other than saving a sorc the slightest bit of magicka. And back when the patch notes first released curse's first tick was gonna go off at the 6 second mark or something like that, so of course everybody thought it was a nerf. Go to any dueling spot mate and you'll see that any class can beat any class, it's all about skill. The best sorc can lose to the best nb, temp, dk. I don't give a *** if the more casual player base has a problem with sorcs but at the top tier level no class has a problem with them. Trust me mate I'm with you with this whole meta YouTube ***. But that's part of the problem these *** players copy and paste from YouTube and then expect to play as good as they're favorite YouTuber. How pathetic.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people acting like Sorcs are all of a sudden overpowered? They've been pretty much overpowered since 1.5 and on.....

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shields are over performing, and need to be nerfed hard. I've seen heavy armored DKs struggle more against 4 people than a light armor magsorc. The main difference? The magsorc puts out astronomically more damage.

No.

It's time for the stamina players to git gud and learn how to fight. Timing a burst instead of roflstomping everyone in one combo at any given time. Having to actually switch between offense and defense instead of just cancelling every attack combo into a lolroll.

Stamina crying has gone on even longer, because you just can't stand that there's one magicka class which doesn't get instagibbed all the time.
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #SorcShieldHaters

eso-2014-10-21-08-57-16-55.jpg
  • lrizo
    lrizo
    ✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

No.

It's time for the stamina players to git gud and learn how to fight. Timing a burst instead of roflstomping everyone in one combo at any given time. Having to actually switch between offense and defense instead of just cancelling every attack combo into a lolroll.

Stamina crying has gone on even longer, because you just can't stand that there's one magicka class which doesn't get instagibbed all the time.

Thank you, for *** sakes. Mate i applaud you for bringing this to attention. There has been so much damage flying around in the game where oneshotting is considered normal. It's not completely gone but it never was completely gone to begin with. Anywho, so many stam builds relied on proc sets so much and now that they're nerfed to where they should be they can't figure out why they have 4K+ weapon dmg and 50%+ crit and still can't put out any dps on shields. The reason is because they lost the ability to read the game. *** mate nb's have so much dmg potential on sorcs but *** it up because the don't know how to time burst, I can't even count how many times I've been incapped out of sneak with full shields on. What a waist of an ulti and then they come on here to complain how the can't burst a sorc down in one rotation. *** pathetic.
  • CBixby
    CBixby
    ✭✭✭
    :) this thread made me smile
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is complete and utter nonsense because that would mean those 4 people can put out ~12k unmitigated dps between them. Those people can´t kill a dk either.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A nightblade that knows how to play is equally *** to come up against in open world as a sorc.
    Both classes should never die in a 1v1 and are much better than other classes in an outnumbered situation.
    Non proc nbs prolly got a higher skill cap tho.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cries wrote: »
    Look at all these butt hurt sorcs not wanting there cheese taken away. I have 5k weapon damage fully buffed with 65% crit and I can't kill a good sorc that's shield spam/stacking with high magicka regen.Also imagine if nightblade ambush could be used without a target, do you know how many players would whine?

So what youre saying is someone going full yolo into damage can't burst down someone going sustain/defense? Sounds like a balanced teeter totter to me.....
    Edited by Malamar1229 on July 21, 2017 2:29PM
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. No.
    Shields scale badly as # of opponents go up. If 4 ppl can't dps a sorc down, then they're just tater tots.
    Edited by Malamar1229 on July 21, 2017 2:36PM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Which is complete and utter nonsense because that would mean those 4 people can put out ~12k unmitigated dps between them. Those people can´t kill a dk either.

Yeah. No.
    Shields scale badly as # of opponents go up. If 4 ppl can't dps a sorc down, then they're just tater tots.

Should I have recorded the video then? You can disagree with me all you want I see this happen a lot. So now you're either showing your bias or your ignorance; you pick.
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We encourage you to share your class balance feedback and concerns with us, but the way in which this thread presented that feedback has not been constructive. As such, we are closing this thread. If you feel an ability, build, item set, etc. may be over-performing (or under-performing) compared to others, sharing specific details based on your own play experience is helpful.

It is also worth mentioning that this thread has also gotten out of hand with aggressive commentary toward other users including flaming and commentary that has gotten very personal. In future threads, please keep the thread on-topic and in alignment with our forum rules.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.