The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Leaked - new eso plus bonus. Double bank space. What do you think?

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    This is stupid since most players who have inventory problems are not eso+ subscribers

Which makes it not an incentive or benefit....for ESO plus.

But this game has always been about ways for ZOS to charge ppl real money by any legal means necessary
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It frees up two char slots for me... Winner winner.
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is stupid since most players who have inventory problems are not eso+ subscribers
    This statement is demonstrably false. Plenty of ESO+ subscribers have issues with the limited bank space.

Have you bothered to visit the ESO+ Ideas thread?

Almost literally, every other comment is asking for some sort of bank/inventory increase for subscribers.

Subscribers asked for it, ZOS made it/is making it a reality.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• King-Justin-Arisdale
    I have subbed since day one uninterrupted, this is a nice reward.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    I think this is a wonderful incentive to encourage subscription numbers.

what does WoW give you for your subscription?

what does FFXIV give you for your subscription?

im not saying these games dont give you anything, but im sure they give a lot less.

ESO was founded on subscription. it literally helped fund the game development for consoles. despite no real appreciation being shown for that by zos or other players, we long time consistent subscribers know very well we are literal saviors and unsung heroes of ESO.

you love this game? support it with your wallet.

that being said, ZOS please lower the price of motifs and mounts in the crown store. Dont be like Games Workshop and price loyal customers out of the game.

But im sure those pricings are controlled by Zenimax parent company marketing team forcing ZOS to create items to meet their sales quota figures.

How does the content of a WoW of FFXIV expansion compare to the content produced by ESO in the same time period? How does the cost to acquire compare?
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's like shooting you in the leg and make you pay for the crutches. Why not just let everyone upgrade their bank space to 500?
    Because... it's an incentive to subscribe. Really, your metaphor makes no sense.

People have been crippled with limited bank space. We've been asking for better bank management for a while and it is just being used as "incentive" to subscribe...after introducing a housing update with no functionality. I don't see what you don't get.

Subscribers should get bonus features like a transmog system, not existing features that has been cut (pay gate) for everyone else.

The only people who have been crippled by bankspace are those who hoard everything (guilty!) but really when you learn to cut back and trim out the crap you don't really need, the included space+space you can buy with in-game gold is more than sufficient to get by just fine.

I'll point out again that players overwhelmingly asked for inventory help to be an ESO+ perk.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Maff
    Maff
    ✭✭✭
    This will not motivate me to subscribe.
    I quit subbing before craft bags because I felt there was a lack of value. I paid for all the DLC areas with crowns so subbing just for a craft bag I can live without seemed like even less value for money. I can live without more bank space too. I have 11 characters I can use for inventory space. If so many people haven't maxed out the already available inventory space then how is this a good incentive?
    Seems like a cop out excuse to not add housing storage whilst throwing a bone to those that already sub.
    ZOS strikes again with minimal effort for maximum gain attitudes, just like housing was.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im not saying these games dont give you anything, but im sure they give a lot less.

ESO was founded on subscription. it literally helped fund the game development for consoles. despite no real appreciation being shown for that by zos or other players, we long time consistent subscribers know very well we are literal saviors and unsung heroes of ESO.

that being said, ZOS please lower the price of motifs and mounts in the crown store. Dont be like Games Workshop and price loyal customers out of the game.

But im sure those pricings are controlled by Zenimax parent company marketing team forcing ZOS to create items to meet their sales quota figures.

After purchase of the game...

Subbing allows you to play those games.

ESO you do not need to sub to play. That's the difference. Why would people for $15 for nothing?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

After purchase of the game...

Subbing allows you to play those games.

ESO you do not need to sub to play. That's the difference. Why would people for $15 for nothing?

AANNDDD!
    Quality maintenance so by comparison, a large argument is that those games are much more stable, however, it's interesting that a sub+crown+B2P model doesn't create a similar experience by comparison
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so glad this is happening. With all the 1T sets I had to have plus the new ones that will come out with Morrowind I'll need that extra space.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a great addition to ESO+. There are a lot of gear sets.
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's like shooting you in the leg and make you pay for the crutches. Why not just let everyone upgrade their bank space to 500?
    Because... it's an incentive to subscribe. Really, your metaphor makes no sense.

People have been crippled with limited bank space. We've been asking for better bank management for a while and it is just being used as "incentive" to subscribe...after introducing a housing update with no functionality. I don't see what you don't get.

Subscribers should get bonus features like a transmog system, not existing features that has been cut (pay gate) for everyone else.
    Well, now you're misdirecting into two other completely different areas of discussion that have no bearing on the discussion. Is your argument really that weak?

Housing I have been extremely critical of in multiple other threads, and I deeply believe that there's no point to it if there's no additional storage opportunities tied to Housing. Housing NEEDS additional storage, just like Housing offers in... every other MMO on the planet.

As far as your baseless claim that they somehow CUT available bank space only to monetize it later (i.e. in Update 14); ummm... you need to *** out some proof before that argument will fly.

But it still doesn't change the fact that additional/double bank space as a "perk" for subscribers is a good idea, and a good incentive to get more people to subscribe.

Because, you know, if ZOS decided to, they could do both; add additional storage to Homestead (which should have been a launch feature of that broken, worthless Housing update) AND they could still offer double bank space beyond that to subscribers.

Lol, you sure write a lot to say nothing! Can't tell if you are aggressively agreeing with me or disagreeing just for the sake of argument.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    As @MissBizz pointed out, this is confirmed as a feature for Update 14 coming in June. It's also worth noting that we are exploring other features to add to the ESO Plus membership, though these will be in future updates and not Update 14. Thanks for all the great ideas in the one thread. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, now you're misdirecting into two other completely different areas of discussion that have no bearing on the discussion. Is your argument really that weak?

Housing I have been extremely critical of in multiple other threads, and I deeply believe that there's no point to it if there's no additional storage opportunities tied to Housing. Housing NEEDS additional storage, just like Housing offers in... every other MMO on the planet.

As far as your baseless claim that they somehow CUT available bank space only to monetize it later (i.e. in Update 14); ummm... you need to *** out some proof before that argument will fly.

But it still doesn't change the fact that additional/double bank space as a "perk" for subscribers is a good idea, and a good incentive to get more people to subscribe.

Because, you know, if ZOS decided to, they could do both; add additional storage to Homestead (which should have been a launch feature of that broken, worthless Housing update) AND they could still offer double bank space beyond that to subscribers.

Lol, you sure write a lot to say nothing! Can't tell if you are aggressively agreeing with me or disagreeing just for the sake of argument.
    Neither and both.

I am supporting my opinion that this is giving subscribers EXACTLY what we've been asking for in the ESO+ Ideas thread; but I'm also saying that an increase in storage for non-subscribers by adding additional storage to Housing is also possible and needs to happen.

this would bring in more than one QoL improvement to ESO that would put it much more "in line" with base QoL features that most every other MMORPG offers as base features of their games.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not another penny with the game in its' current state.

XBox NA
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its a good feature, those of you who are complaining about it should understand you did ZoS market research for them with your many polls and threads on the subject and since it is enough like the crafting bag, it end up being a low friction incentive, less so than something like costume dying. As a consumer you have the ultimate choice on how you want to trade your time for quantitative goods, so in the end complaining is a bit pointless.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fully understand this being a sub bonus. Anything that lets people use in game gold makes ZoS nothing. Of course it is about profit. They are a business. Adding anything past the base game is a waste of their resources. They may add player housing limited storage in the Crown store, as that would still bring in some cash.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More bank space is nice but adding it to a sub makes ESO just like those other MMOs which are so restrictive unless you pay more. ESO plus already has crafting bag (which is great) so bank space isn't that much of a problem really unless you hoard tons of armour for the only reason of just liking them. Bit of a convenience I guess. Other eso+ perks would make a bit more sense
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Also can we get a search feature with Update 14 then. Because shifting through 400 bank slots is going to be a nightmare, especially with console and core UI (no grid).

It's terrible that there is no console search love, however if you are on MAC/PC you can use Inventory Insight, and Awesome Guild Store for account wide and character inventory searching.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how anyone can complain about this. Until this was confirmed, everyone was under the assumption that there would be no increased inventory space. With that being the case, this doesn't change ANYTHING for you, if you don't sub. If you don't sub, you will go on as you would have if this hadn't been intorduced.

It's not Pay-to-Win, as it doesn't introduce any advantage against those you are competing against ("you vs. your inventory" isn't a competitive game by any measurement or definition).

This is solely a plus and an incentive for me (and others who I have talked to about it) to keep my subscription up.
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just bankspace or also bagspace?
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys. It's the op here.

I just wanted to say a bit about me and why I think this change isn't as good as it seems.

1) I currently am subscribed, but recently I'd all but stopped playing. I came back to spend some time with old friends I mostly speak to in-game these days. I enjoyed it and started subbing again. If I cancel my sub in the future and am using my double bank allowance I won't be able to pick up the game casually without the worst inventory sort out - how would you get rid of 200+ items without using your bank to move things around? Probably it won't feel worth it, so it will disincentivise players returning.
    2) I have subbed on and off for 3 years, and twice my eso plus hasn't gone through (once because I hadn't updated my bank details, once because my bank thought there was something dodgy). It takes a few days to sort out, but how many people could play without using their bank because they aren't allowed to put anything else in.
    3) how long will it really take to fill up 240 extra bank slots when every quarter there are new gear sets, furnishings and items (e.g. dazzlers! )? It is only a short term solution when a long term solution is needed.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super excited for this. One of my biggest pet peeves is bank space. Awesome news.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should just give you 8 or 12 crown crates on top of current rewards and call it good.
    Edited by Phinix1 on April 4, 2017 4:12PM
  • johnnified
    johnnified
    ✭✭✭
    I quit the game and deleted it because of things like this. The game has become incredibly annoying to play without subscription and even though I paid a lot of money on the dlc and other content I still have to sub then buy the expansion.

This game has gone way too far from the b2p model which is what got me into the game in the first place

Don't know about you, but big and most MMO's have Expansions that you pay for

Not our fault that you didn't SUB to get the DLC's free instead you bought them.

Get over it.
    Edited by johnnified on April 4, 2017 4:14PM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    @Violynne "P2W" applies to PvE, too.
    The game turned P2W the moment ZoS dropped the subscription requirement.

Those who are trying to convince themselves otherwise have a harsh reality to deal with.

If people want this nonsense to end, there's only one outcome: restore subscriptions.

Which may not be a bad thing, as those who refuse to sub would surely help the rest of us as the game becomes much more stable with the mass exodus.
    :naughty:

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Gosh. I'm glad that my inventory problems aren't really real ones. I mean, just because I have 12 characters on the one account, and am in the process of collecting sets of gear for them, its nice to know running out of bank space is all just an illusion. The second account doesn't have the same problem yet.

Seriously. Being an eso+ subscriber does eliminate the hassle of crafting mats taking up massive amounts of space, especially for those players who are the crafters for their guilds and have to keep a wide range of mats on hand. However being and eso+ subber does not do anything for the gear you collect, and now furnishings are added into it as well. Having a full roster of 12 characters and wanting to outfit them in full sets of dropped gear...hmmm...7 pieces of armor, plus jewelry, plus weapons, plus any completed glyphs, potions, and food take up more than a couple of slots. Recipes I'm swapping between characters take up several more. I'm already donating most of the blueprints and furnishing stuff to my guild for raffle prizes to keep it out of my inventory.

I'm glad this will be coming eventually. I would consider paying crowns for more space, actually. This "running out of space" problem never happened in the single player games...you could simply drop your collections on the ground. My limeware collection was on the balcony of the Mages's guild in Balmora, uber potions downstairs in the bunkbeds, ebony and daedric weapons in the bunkbeds in the Fighter's guild....
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which makes it not an incentive or benefit....for ESO plus.

Its a huge benefit and one I am looking forward to. It is and will be an added incentive to sub for some, which is the point of making it ESO+

Beta tester November 2013
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hoarders gotta hoard...
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes no difference to me. The vast majority of stuff in my bank is crafting materials, and if I subscribed those would go into the craft bag and I'd have loads of free bank space already.

Sure more space might be nice and if I had it I'm sure I'd find something to do with it (or at least never worry about filling it up) but it's not going to make me feel like I need to subscribe, no more than the craft bag does.

However it could be problematic for people who normally subscribe and then need to stop for a month (or more). I assume there won't be any clear separation of normal spaces and ESO Plus spaces like there is with the craft bag, which means if you're over your 'non ESO Plus' limit and your subscription ends you won't be able to put anything else into the bank until you've pulled a bunch of stuff out - effectively locking you out of using the bank.

If, for example, you have 200 bank spaces, and ESO Plus brings that up to 400. You have 300 items in your bank when your subscription ends - it will now show you're using 300/200 spaces and you need to withdraw 101 items before you're able to put anything else in.

Of course there are work-arounds, like mailing stuff to a friend you trust who will return it so you can pick it up on another character. But that's a pain to do compared to passing stuff through the bank.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"