The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Leaked - new eso plus bonus. Double bank space. What do you think?

Jim_Pipp
Jim_Pipp
✭✭✭✭✭
A hero on reddit has posted an image that shows zos plans to give eso plus double bank space.

@ZOS_GinaBruno had confirmed it's genuine and coming in update 14.

So what are your thoughts? Personally I think this is away to make people feel they can't ever unsubscribe (because it would make their bank unusable until they empty it). I would prefer they found a way to make subscribing more worthwhile instead of finding ways to punish people who want to unsubscribe. But that is just my opinion. What do you think?

Link below

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/63a9ms/ive_found_zos_plans_for_increasing_eso_value/
#1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. This is the same tactic the craft bag uses in a sense: Inventory that, if unsubscribed, becomes almost an inconvenience. I wish they would just listen to the MOUNTAIN of feedback that suggested they add a eso+ transmog system.

Double or triple mount training (reduction in time between training OR 3 training attributes per 20 hours) could be cool.

Increased EXP gain (another 10% on top of the 10%, totaling 20%)

Cheaper upgrades to available storage and inventory spaces (the price is astronomical already, the reason that 90% of players haven't purchased the extra space is because they can't afford it - I remember rich addressing this as the reason why they didn't add storage initially with housing.

Cheaper crowns, always (-10% or -15% off the price of crown packs on all platforms, at all times.)

All of these would be excellent options.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
    Options
  • kalarro
    kalarro
    ✭✭✭
    They would do it as they have done it with the trade items bag. On those slots, you can withdraw, just not put items inside, when you unsuscribe.
    I dont see the problem with unsuscribing with this.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is a wonderful incentive to encourage subscription numbers.

what does WoW give you for your subscription?

what does FFXIV give you for your subscription?

im not saying these games dont give you anything, but im sure they give a lot less.

ESO was founded on subscription. it literally helped fund the game development for consoles. despite no real appreciation being shown for that by zos or other players, we long time consistent subscribers know very well we are literal saviors and unsung heroes of ESO.

you love this game? support it with your wallet.

that being said, ZOS please lower the price of motifs and mounts in the crown store. Dont be like Games Workshop and price loyal customers out of the game.

But im sure those pricings are controlled by Zenimax parent company marketing team forcing ZOS to create items to meet their sales quota figures.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give Transmog and Ill sub in 5 (profanity) seconds dude.
    Edited by FerrumnCutem on April 4, 2017 2:13PM
    Options
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that gives extra bank space is great! Would tie nicely with the current ESO+ benefits & concept.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant!
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More pay to win. Fine by me.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. I have 240 bank space. If not mistaken that means I will have 580 bank space or they will set that max bank space to 120 and thus with this new feature it can go back to 240 spaces. That would be outrageous.
    Options
  • KingKush
    KingKush
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's alright. Still not much incentive to subscribe honestly. This coming from someone who is currently subscribed atm. The craft bag is the only thing keeping me tho.
    Xbox NA
    GT: Live Like Kure
    King Kush-MagSorc
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure on this.

It's not as bad as it could have been, and I am very happy for it. However I think by this being an ESO+ thing it's a clear sign nothing else will be changing.

As long as ZOS don't actively work to make it harder to manage your inventory and push people into this then I guess I can go with it, but the game already is pretty stacked against non-ESO+ members in regards to storage.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Will free up a character slot for me lol one of my guys at the moment is a level 3 that exsists to hold over 100 bound items that dont fit in my bank
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm cool with it, since I'll be subbed the entire duration that I play ESO. Which will be until they shut down the Servers.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also can we get a search feature with Update 14 then. Because shifting through 400 bank slots is going to be a nightmare, especially with console and core UI (no grid).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fine by me
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is not pay to win, but something that loyal players that play every day really need. Spot on. Exactly how it should be. People who starting the game for free, don't need that much bank space anyway. Once they see this is a game they want to stick with, they shouldn't have problem subscribing either imh.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Dao_Jones
    Dao_Jones
    ✭✭✭
    Is this really a "leak"? I was looking at my bank just last night, and there was text that said "subscribers get double bank inventory".

It wasn't actually true - I still had the same inventory slots as before. I just assumed it was a feature they were rolling out in the near future.

Personally, I'm fine with it. I'm a subscriber, but I don't load my bank up to my current limit anyway, so doubling it wouldn't matter. (And if I ever decided to use all of those treasure maps that I've had since game launch, I'd only have like 5 items in my bank. :D )
    Edited by Dao_Jones on April 4, 2017 2:21PM
    You've played with the best... now play with the rest!

www.unrepentantgaming.com. Pants off - game on!
    Options
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't really need it but I'm already a subscriber.
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish ZOS would make subbing worth it!

O look more bank space if you sub

Are people really going to complain about this? Geez, the forums are insane. People even saying PTW...
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awesome! I'll have a place to dump my disguises collection :D
    Options
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I'm a subscriber, I think this is great! :)
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is. I different that the crafting bag. Without sub our storage would fill up fast and require going back to the very active crafting storage we did before.

Personally looking forward to more space.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sub and the bank upgrade doesn't really impress me , not sure what I had hoped for but it wasn't this
    Options
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since it's been "confirmed", that just makes me glad that I'm a subscriber.

While I appreciate your worry about not being able to "unsubscribe", OP, there's a caveat: If I ever decide to unsubscribe from ESO+, it will be because I'm just done with ESO, and either have already moved to a new MMORPG, or am in the process of moving to another MMORPG.

If that's the case, my bank/inventory in ESO really won't bother me that it is/is not usable. I will already be done, so I won't care.

But in the present, I see it as a great bonus that should help convince more people to subscribe, thus keeping the game well funded.

I see no shady practices in this decision. Double/Triple Bank space for subscribers is pretty common in MMO history, and MMORPG's in general.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    So what are your thoughts?
    Since I have the craft bag, additional bank space has become unnecessary.

I would like to see ZoS implement a section of its store to sub-only members, allowing us to purchase in-game items such as special mounts, costumes, gear*, and furniture which cannot be obtained any other way.

I'd love to have a senche tiger swathed in electricity that doesn't look like it was mined from a quarry, for example (or fire and ice for those who love those elements).

I do appreciate that ZoS is looking to reward subscribers with additional features.

* gear should be specced for PvE only, to prevent this from turning into P2W.

Just my two gold pieces.
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it sure I would like other things but subscriber pay fifty cents a day. That pretty darn cheap.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like official confirmation this is not a baseless rumor.

Having less bank space actually prompts me to sell things and make gold instead of holding on to stuff forever I'll probably never use. But with so much gear being bound now selling some things is not an option and I'm more likely to hang on to pieces I can't buy if I decide I want them later.

If true and not just someone's pipe dream, does this mean we'll never get storage with housing? I think the more options for storage the better.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While extending the bank is a good thing, they way they are going about most things is what has concerned me for a long time.

They are charging real money for dlc and chapters (which is fine) ON TOP of requiring a subscription in order to efficiently Manage inventory and housing space (not OK).

While money isn't a problem for me, I don't plan on throwing more money at this game. I'll allow my pre order to stay but I can't foresee me subscribing ever again under this model. The incentive to play this game is becoming non existent as unlocks are primarily real money based rather than progression based and it's not just cosmetics.

The other part of concern....unlike the crafting bag.....what happens after someone losses an active subscription? Do they loose access to items actually in the bank until they re subscribe or do they keep access but loses the ability to bank anything until they remove items to get beneach the 240 or so limit
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on April 4, 2017 2:47PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh khajiit very much likes the idea of extra bag space yes.

So many more stacks of fish and armour this one will never use but still doesn't want to deconstruct - just in case yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's like shooting you in the leg and make you pay for the crutches. Why not just let everyone upgrade their bank space to 500?
    Options
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts on it is everyone needs better inventory management. I don't care about them doubling subscribers inventory, that is a good incentive, but there should be an increase for all. Bring everyone up to 350-400 and move subs to 700-800. There has been a need for better inventory management for a long time before I started playing and there have been tons of items added.

Or just let us choose how our inventory management works, Instead of 200 per character let me switch to 150 per character and throw the other 50 per character towards bank. This would solve a lot of my personal inventory issue. The amount I can hold would stay the same, just where it is stored would be different. There are more solutions than just more inventory.

I also wonder if doing this will end up putting a hold on working out some sort of home storage solutions.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
    Options