The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone Proud of their AvA rank?

• Volrion
    Volrion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for the IDGAF option in the poll.

Boasting about your rank? Cmon man, how insecure do you have to be? Lol
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm proud of what ive achieved legitimately and wont boost
    I don't really think the PvP ranks are all that meaningful but I do like to see mine go up. I also think I'm pretty high (really close to legate) for someone who does mostly solo PvP and duel. And I never really ran any cheesy builds for extended periods of time or abused any bad game mechanics. Being a magblade there was plenty for me to abuse lol
    Edited by thankyourat on February 28, 2017 9:27AM
    Options
  • PandaIsAPotato
    PandaIsAPotato
    ✭✭✭
    I have no honor so i will boost
    I don't really think the PvP ranks are all that meaningful but I don't like to see mine go up. I also think I'm pretty high (really close to legate) for someone who does mostly solo PvP and duel. And I never really ran any cheesy builds for extended periods of time or abused any bad game mechanics. Being a magblade there was plenty for me to abuse lol

Unless your cloak functions you could abuse everything in the world, you'd still die. :trollface:
    Supreme Leader Panda
    GM of Licinius Exploitation Incorporated
    Options
  • Apokalypt
    Apokalypt
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn`t proud of my rank, because I am so low.

Hard to make much ap if you have a life...not going to spend thousands of hours for that...
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My rank has always been low because I solo so much . I think highest I've got was Lieutenant on one character . I'm happy with the way I PVP but so not mock others for their style . On this character it is very tough because I won't put on the proc suits and I've been pvping in all training gear the last year to get cp while I play . If you ever want a huge challenge , play Majic nightblade Khajiit in all training gear lol . When you do kill someone you feel awesome .
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really think the PvP ranks are all that meaningful but I don't like to see mine go up. I also think I'm pretty high (really close to legate) for someone who does mostly solo PvP and duel. And I never really ran any cheesy builds for extended periods of time or abused any bad game mechanics. Being a magblade there was plenty for me to abuse lol

Unless your cloak functions you could abuse everything in the world, you'd still die. :trollface:

Lol it's been a ruff couple patches
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That how it should sounds:
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer before Rakhhat Bug.
    Grand Overlord before roleplayers.
    Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ranks don't matter, they never did, remember Crystalized and Great Dark Elf? Its just about whoever invests a lot of time in a game running in medium sized to large groups farming all day... Basically you get an achievement everyone will have at a certain point if they play long enough... Those stars are so irrelevant, once you get Combat Frenzy II it just doesn't matter to farm ap anymore...

PS: only relevant stars are those on your mercedes benz!
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
    Options
  • Apokalypt
    Apokalypt
    ✭✭✭
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    Ranks don't matter, they never did, remember Crystalized and Great Dark Elf? Its just about whoever invests a lot of time in a game running in medium sized to large groups farming all day... Basically you get an achievement everyone will have at a certain point if they play long enough... Those stars are so irrelevant, once you get Combat Frenzy II it just doesn't matter to farm ap anymore...

PS: only relevant stars are those on your mercedes benz!

That is true.
    I mean, unless they introduce arena pvp, all what pvp rank says is that you spent a lot of time doing it. It is not even an indicator for skill. You could just run around with zergs and do nothing. Not even K/D would say something, because some classes have it easier than other.
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think aggressive "ranks don't matter, how insecure do you have to be to boast about rank" posts imply some insecurity on their part...

As for what I think about ranks, meh... I got my first star today. Came into the AP event with 90k to go, and I got it after a couple of hours of on and off PvP. All three max level campaigns were pop locked at 6pm eastern on a Monday, which was really cool to see!! This test week has got to be some strategic ruse by ZOS to get more people into PvP who don't normally play it...and it's working.

I earned every ounce of my AP soloing and playing in my own very small groups. I know ranks don't mean much, but yes, I'm proud of hitting General because I feel like I own it. For what (little) my rank is worth, I don't owe it to anyone, which feels nice.

@gibous is about to hit Grand Overlord having played the same way. I think there's some merit to that.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think aggressive "ranks don't matter, how insecure do you have to be to boast about rank" posts imply some insecurity on their part...

As for what I think about ranks, meh... I got my first star today. Came into the AP event with 90k to go, and I got it after a couple of hours of on and off PvP. All three max level campaigns were pop locked at 6pm eastern on a Monday, which was really cool to see!! This test week has got to be some strategic ruse by ZOS to get more people into PvP who don't normally play it...and it's working.

I earned every ounce of my AP soloing and playing in my own very small groups. I know ranks don't mean much, but yes, I'm proud of hitting General because I feel like I own it. For what (little) my rank is worth, I don't owe it to anyone, which feels nice.

@gibous is about to hit Grand Overlord having played the same way. I think there's some merit to that.

you really are proud for investing time in a game thats supposed to be fun, not even for something skillful you did, just for being there and playing it? thats like idk saying im proud of being German just cause I was born German and live there
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped truly caring after they carebeared the assault 10 milestone.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proud? WTF?
    Yeah maybe I can boast inside the context of gaming but who the F cares??
    I earned my rank before the AP madness anyway and i wouldn't care in the slightest because I would have 0 (zero) interest in farming AP, sorry - Role-Playing, the way some do now, because that has to be the most boring thing in the Universe.
    Which is why I don't give 2 flying f***s about what ppl choose to do with their time.
    If they think AFK-ing and RP-ing at outposts is fun then wooo hoo! GG!
    IMO the only thing you get in return is wasted time, time that you could have spent doing things that are actually fun.
    Then again - fun is relative - different people find fun in the most boring and mundane things. All the power to them!

As far as competitive goes. L.O.L.
    I believe that anyone who has actually done competitive sports knows that this is so casual it's not even funny.
    Call me back when you have to fight tooth and claw and actually worry for you well-being if you lose your spot in the competitive scene.
    Also.
    An athlete can achieve the same amount of performance the top tier pvp-rs have very fast, but the other way around is probably impossible.And even if it were, by some miracle, you'd have to train for years.
    Options
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you really are proud for investing time in a game thats supposed to be fun, not even for something skillful you did, just for being there and playing it? thats like idk saying im proud of being German just cause I was born German and live there

What's wrong with being proud of your nationality lol?

[snip]

[Edit for Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 28, 2017 10:27PM
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Scrubtomik|EP |Templar|Rerolled to help outnumbered EP
    Urban Youth|DC | Nightblade|AVA RANK 15| Stam
    Not A Racist |EP|Nightblade| Magicka| Maelstrom farmer
    Triggered Liberal|DC| New maelstrom farmer lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

GM of Full Metal Carebears
    No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Gone but not forgotten, Braidas, Marku, and a dozen other heroes
    Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »

[snip]

you're proud to had the luck to be born in a certain country? nothing you did yourself or achieved?

[Edit to match quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 28, 2017 10:27PM
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Options
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Close to 2 year ago getting first rank 50 EU i was happy. Now it doesnt mean anything.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

Options
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I quit but i still haunt the forums
    Imma haunt you so hard youre gonna fall out of your chair sweating, i swear !
    Jo'Khaljor
    Options
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to be sour you haven't reached it yet yourself.
    :]
    Options
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dat cultural Marxism

you're proud to had the luck to be born in a certain country? nothing you did yourself or achieved?

Inherit pride in ones ancestry, or nationalism is not about what you did or did not achieve, it's about paying homage to those who came before you so you can continue to build something for those who will come after you. So yes, I'm proud of my heritage, and proud of my nation, and it makes me happy to see others proud of theirs, regardless of what it may be.
    MAIN: Subtomik |DC| Templar| Grand Overlord| Magicka since release(GET RID OF RD and give me back blinding flashes!)
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Options
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't they just reset everyone's PvP Ranks after Morrowind so that PvP ranks "matter again".

Why are people even getting mad? If you look at World of Warcraft, it's PvP Ranks are easy to gain too. The only PvP Ranks that are difficult to gain are limited (Only select amount of people per faction / realm) and that is about it.

Also: I am proud of the rank that I've achieved. To me, even if someone boosted, it didn't negate that work I put in, it just negates theirs.
    Edited by Vurian97 on February 28, 2017 10:45AM
    Options
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And ya people take this stuff and bait posts like it way too seriously. All that ever mattered in this game are the relationships we built and the experience we had. A title or rank won't change that, but it stinks seeing something trivilized.
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

im not sour, thought its quite obvious I don't care about ranks, im just arguing for the sake of arguing, and well, seems like no one has any viable arguments

Dat cultural Marxism

Inherit pride in ones ancestry, or nationalism is not about what you did or did not achieve, it's about paying homage to those who came before you so you can continue to build something for those who will come after you. So yes, I'm proud of my heritage, and proud of my nation, and it makes me happy to see others proud of theirs, regardless of what it may be.

paying homage to sth obviously isn't pride, its paying homage, something completely different and something I can totally understand and do myself

Pride (Noun)
    a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.
    the state or feeling of being proud.
    a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one's position or character; self-respect; self-esteem.
    pleasure or satisfaction taken in something done by or belonging to oneself or believed to reflect credit upon oneself:
    civic pride.
    something that causes a person or persons to be proud:
    His art collection was the pride of the family.
    the best of a group, class, society, etc.:
    This bull is the pride of the herd.
    the most flourishing state or period:
    in the pride of adulthood.
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Options
  • Chuga_Rei
    Chuga_Rei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm proud of calling dibs on the moon. How's that? Rather than arguing of semantics lol
    Pls Send Nudes |AD| DK

No Mercy
    AutoBots
    K-hole

Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm proud of calling dibs on the moon. How's that? Rather than arguing of semantics lol

nuff said, if you can't see the importance of semantics
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Options
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

im not sour, thought its quite obvious I don't care about ranks, im just arguing for the sake of arguing, and well, seems like no one has any viable arguments

Then it should also be quite obvious noobody cares about your opinion, thus no effort is put into a argument.
    :]
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care for my rank, and that's not what bothers me about the AP farming.

My problem with it is it's directly against what was intended to happen with the update and it's going to have an effect on the AP economy on EU servers.
    To me it's really just down to the fact that a game system is being used in a way it wasn't intended and the developers are unwilling to step in and address the issue because... Yeah I still don't know why not yet.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is something to work towards in game if there was no progression people would get bored. Also gaining alliance ranks can be very skillful if you are a solo player because you don't get AP for just playing the game. You actually have to get your own kills, and most of the time it's you vs three or more people
    Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

It is something to work towards in game if there was no progression people would get bored. Also gaining alliance ranks can be very skillful if you are a solo player because you don't get AP for just playing the game. You actually have to get your own kills, and most of the time it's you vs three or more people

thats where you're wrong
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Options
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Then it should also be quite obvious noobody cares about your opinion, thus no effort is put into a argument.

ah for not caring you put alot of effort in a forum about online games
    ~ here since Beta

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Options
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even though I'm one of the biggest slackers ever I'm proud of my rank (48 currently) since I got most of it solely by dueling :p
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
    Options