The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone Proud of their AvA rank?

• themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm proud of what ive achieved legitimately and wont boost
    pjwb16_ESO wrote: »
    I think aggressive "ranks don't matter, how insecure do you have to be to boast about rank" posts imply some insecurity on their part...

As for what I think about ranks, meh... I got my first star today. Came into the AP event with 90k to go, and I got it after a couple of hours of on and off PvP. All three max level campaigns were pop locked at 6pm eastern on a Monday, which was really cool to see!! This test week has got to be some strategic ruse by ZOS to get more people into PvP who don't normally play it...and it's working.

I earned every ounce of my AP soloing and playing in my own very small groups. I know ranks don't mean much, but yes, I'm proud of hitting General because I feel like I own it. For what (little) my rank is worth, I don't owe it to anyone, which feels nice.

@gibous is about to hit Grand Overlord having played the same way. I think there's some merit to that.

you really are proud for investing time in a game thats supposed to be fun, not even for something skillful you did, just for being there and playing it? thats like idk saying im proud of being German just cause I was born German and live there

No need to be sour you haven't reached it yet yourself.

im not sour, thought its quite obvious I don't care about ranks, im just arguing for the sake of arguing, and well, seems like no one has any viable arguments

Then it should also be quite obvious noobody cares about your opinion, thus no effort is put into a argument.

ah for not caring you put alot of effort in a forum about online games

For not caring you put in a lot of time "roleplaying" in bleakers currently.
    :]
  • pjwb16_ESO
    pjwb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no honor so i will boost
    I think aggressive "ranks don't matter, how insecure do you have to be to boast about rank" posts imply some insecurity on their part...

As for what I think about ranks, meh... I got my first star today. Came into the AP event with 90k to go, and I got it after a couple of hours of on and off PvP. All three max level campaigns were pop locked at 6pm eastern on a Monday, which was really cool to see!! This test week has got to be some strategic ruse by ZOS to get more people into PvP who don't normally play it...and it's working.

I earned every ounce of my AP soloing and playing in my own very small groups. I know ranks don't mean much, but yes, I'm proud of hitting General because I feel like I own it. For what (little) my rank is worth, I don't owe it to anyone, which feels nice.

@gibous is about to hit Grand Overlord having played the same way. I think there's some merit to that.

you really are proud for investing time in a game thats supposed to be fun, not even for something skillful you did, just for being there and playing it? thats like idk saying im proud of being German just cause I was born German and live there

im not sour, thought its quite obvious I don't care about ranks, im just arguing for the sake of arguing, and well, seems like no one has any viable arguments

Then it should also be quite obvious noobody cares about your opinion, thus no effort is put into a argument.

ah for not caring you put alot of effort in a forum about online games

For not caring you put in a lot of time "roleplaying" in bleakers currently.

i dont care about ranks, its nice to get combat frenzy on all different faction char sooooo? you sayin? ranks just dont have a use after combat frenzy II
    what does it matter if you kill someone outnumbered while being rank 20, 30 or 40 or 50 or dying against a rank 20, 30 or 50 outnumbered... the results are the same you either are dead or alive, until you die
    ~ here since Beta

My Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCw3x5B-l0S093TAo10WafLA

EU Server PC @Elendiel
    Fyrusha - NB AD
    Auri-ele - Sorc AD
    Watch me Nae Nae - Magicka DK AD
    Watch me Whip - Magicka DK DC
    Schnuggii - Bubble Templar AD
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when were pvp ranks actually something to be proud of?

I know some sub par pvpers that have a high rank simply because they zerg surfed their way to the top. If you are part of a group, then for every member of the group (even if they didn’t participate in the killing or healing), as long as they are in range, the AP will be split with the members of the group. I watched a guy get fed ap by the hundreds of thousands just so i couldnt get emperor. You can join a group, stand o nthe edge of a fight and fire acid spray and get AP. You can stack healings springs on a group sieging in oils and get AP. You can perform some mundane things that require no skill and get AP.

please tell me what in the [snip] ya'll are so proud of.

your pvp rank is a joke. mine is a joke. i dont know a single person, streamer or regular joe player that has earned their pvp rank sheerly by running around in a small group and get killing blows on people.

Grand Overlords are impressive. But then you start to calculate how much time theyve had to slave to this game and then you think "man there's no way i'd sacrifice that much for this game"

Like, dude, just enjoy the pvp. enjoy the week of (finally) adequately incentivized pvp.

I mean look at what has happened. servers are pop locked - all of them except for blackwater blade. I really felt like my time spent in game was actually worth while. PVP shouldnt have to be a grind. ranks dont give you anything except a skill point and as of a few weeks ago, housing items.

PVPers that care about their ranks, are people who have invested too much time into JUST pvp that they are trying to justify and legitimize that time spent by artificially establishing pvp ranks as "special".

[Edit for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on February 28, 2017 10:30PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the AvA ranks means are alot of time spent in Cyrodiil farming AP. I cant see how roleplaying a outpost siege are different from farming pugs at Bleakers for hours on end or Trading keeps back and forth with friends. AvA ranks have never been a measurement of skill and it will never be. I can see why you Highrankers are upset though, you have been doing the exact same thing that is now taking Place at outposts but you had to spend alot more time getting the same amount of AP.
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm proud of sticking it out through thick and thin with a learning company, and not giving in and quitting like many others. I'm proud of sticking primarily with one character which I love playing, and of exploring and mastering many play styles on my character and pushing her limits in every direction. I've played my Breton nightblade as magicka and stamina in every conceivable "role" or play style in both PvE and PvP. And I'm proud that the AP I've gained has come from people I killed alone or in very small groups of friends, and not from 2 button zerg trains that require no effort to yield results.

I place no inherent value on the rank itself. However, the rank is an indirect symbol of commitment to an activity I enjoy doing, great friends I've met along the way, fun had by all, and time and effort invested in theorycrafting, practicing mechanics, trial, error, and improvement all along the way.

So yes, I am proud, actually. And I had fun climbing the ranks to where I am. Lots of fun, in fact, else I wouldn't continue to play! Stop being so cynical. Enjoy the game for the fun it's meant to be, and appreciate time consuming achievements as symbols of commitment and the journey we all take together as a community.

Also yea, I'm proud of my nationality because I was born here, my ancestors were born here going back some time, and they and everyone else's ancestors built a pretty cool place to live before I showed up. I think that deserves respect, loyalty, and yes, pride.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranks don't matter anymore, and havent for a while. The ranks that were earned early on had a value, and for those who were present back then we know who earned them.

For example I know Abraxus Doge and Sanct (just to name a few) earned their rank legitimately and had player respect for that feat at least.

The ranks are useless now, but the high ranks from the good ol' days still have people's respect.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yah, one week of 2x AP will maybe get you from rank 30 to 31, instead of 30.5. I think people are overestimating the effect the 2x bonus is going to have on peoples AP wallet or PvP rank.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where the option for "I'm not particularly proud of my accomplishments in a relatively casual PvP environment, but I still won't boost because it's cheesy AF?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I PvP on multiple characters, so alliance war rank isn't important to me. Depending on the patch, my Colonel sorc is more effective than my Legate DK. I like earning AP, but it's not my objective. I play the map and look for good fights. War rank and scoreboard tally is secondary to that.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    Yah, one week of 2x AP will maybe get you from rank 30 to 31, instead of 30.5. I think people are overestimating the effect the 2x bonus is going to have on peoples AP wallet or PvP rank.

With a dedicated group I could hit palatine grade 2 tonight, and August tomorrow, could be a legate by the end of the week easily, no underestimation here, 15k a tic, and think how quick it is to farm those tics
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • Isellskooma
    Isellskooma
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have no honor so i will boost
    Here I come Grand Over Lord!
    *Kappa*
    I got Palatine from just soloing, 2vX, proud of it.
    Hope I can get General this week.
    Edited by Isellskooma on February 28, 2017 1:35PM
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously though, if you think that farming in your blob on top of a milegate for hours at a time is better for the health of PvP than double XP for a week (that brings in a lot of new players to Cyrodil), then your AP > everything mindset has blinded ya.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never cared that much about AP, only killing folks and having a good time.
    Edited by SneaK on February 28, 2017 10:49PM
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dumb poll is dumb but I'd argue that since it's designed into the game this way and its not players manipulating things, it's not boosting.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm proud of sticking it out through thick and thin with a learning company, and not giving in and quitting like many others. I'm proud of sticking primarily with one character which I love playing, and of exploring and mastering many play styles on my character and pushing her limits in every direction. I've played my Breton nightblade as magicka and stamina in every conceivable "role" or play style in both PvE and PvP. And I'm proud that the AP I've gained has come from people I killed alone or in very small groups of friends, and not from 2 button zerg trains that require no effort to yield results.

I place no inherent value on the rank itself. However, the rank is an indirect symbol of commitment to an activity I enjoy doing, great friends I've met along the way, fun had by all, and time and effort invested in theorycrafting, practicing mechanics, trial, error, and improvement all along the way.

So yes, I am proud, actually. And I had fun climbing the ranks to where I am. Lots of fun, in fact, else I wouldn't continue to play! Stop being so cynical. Enjoy the game for the fun it's meant to be, and appreciate time consuming achievements as symbols of commitment and the journey we all take together as a community.

Also yea, I'm proud of my nationality because I was born here, my ancestors were born here going back some time, and they and everyone else's ancestors built a pretty cool place to live before I showed up. I think that deserves respect, loyalty, and yes, pride.

Kena you have stated twice in this thread that you made all your AP solo or in very small groups, we both know that's not true, don't forget you used to raid with us. Most of it would be more accurate. Also I think your smart enough to make an argument rather than lower your self to claiming "2 button zerg trains that require no effort to yield results", we all know that's not how good group play works whether you want to admit it or not.
    Edited by Ghost-Shot on February 28, 2017 5:17PM
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever, it is all the same, still put in my resume nobody cares if I did it in 3 days or 6 months.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Are there "I'm proud of my Son's/Daughter's PVP Rank" bumper stickers?
    Sigtric wrote: »
    Are there "I'm proud of my Son's/Daughter's PVP Rank" bumper stickers?

Perhaps something along the lines of... "My son/daughter Grand Overlord ganked your honor student"

Oh, these have to become bumper stickers now, go order them:

Vista Print

http://www.makestickers.com/
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a terrible poll. I've played the game for a long time, spend a lot of time in Cyrodiil and still don't have a character who reached rank 30 yet.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the rank was abused and ill-gotten by the people who used cheats and exploits.
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Chuga_Rei wrote: »
    Chuga_Rei wrote: »

What's wrong with being proud of your nationality lol?

Dat cultural Marxism

you're proud to had the luck to be born in a certain country? nothing you did yourself or achieved?

Inherit pride in ones ancestry, or nationalism is not about what you did or did not achieve, it's about paying homage to those who came before you so you can continue to build something for those who will come after you. So yes, I'm proud of my heritage, and proud of my nation, and it makes me happy to see others proud of theirs, regardless of what it may be.

paying homage to sth obviously isn't pride, its paying homage, something completely different and something I can totally understand and do myself

Pride (Noun)
    a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.
    the state or feeling of being proud.
    a becoming or dignified sense of what is due to oneself or one's position or character; self-respect; self-esteem.
    pleasure or satisfaction taken in something done by or belonging to oneself or believed to reflect credit upon oneself:
    civic pride.
    something that causes a person or persons to be proud:
    His art collection was the pride of the family.
    the best of a group, class, society, etc.:
    This bull is the pride of the herd.
    the most flourishing state or period:
    in the pride of adulthood.

You must be fun at parties
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember Nicole and Fixate guesting Bloodthorn to help our DR/Hijinx raid dethrone, and TS erupted in "holy *** he's a lieutenant!!!"

Ranks, like all things in an MMO, get old. But for new players it's awesome to look up at a bunch of high ranks and have a marker for where you want to get in the game.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am currently a Brigadier Grade 2 (AvA Rank 30, very close to 31 ) as a Magicka Sorc solo player. All of my AP was earned in 1vX, with the exception of about half of AvA Rank 27 which I earned with a small group. This is pretty awesome imo considering I'm mainly an endgame PvEer.

PvP rank does not determine skill at all, but rather how much you PvDoor, zerg with EotS, run disgustingly broken builds, etc. Cool and all but not my thing. I am no longer PvPing these days though I've considered jumping back into it if we ever see a reduction in lag or CPs balanced.

I am very much considering farming AP if I can find a DC group on PS4 NA flipping Keeps/Outposts. I might as well join in and get those awesome PvP dyes plus AP for thousands of Alliance Spell Pots in PvE.

That's how I see it at least. This is more an opportunity to stock up on Spell Pots for a long time. At one point I had 7K..... now I have 2.7K. I'm kinda down to restock for free tbh.
    Edited by Vaoh on February 28, 2017 7:19PM
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems kinda silly to be proud of alliance rank when there's people who got GO by just spamming rapid regen on zergs and repairing walls
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on February 28, 2017 7:25PM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    I remember Nicole and Fixate guesting Bloodthorn to help our DR/Hijinx raid dethrone, and TS erupted in "holy *** he's a lieutenant!!!"

Ranks, like all things in an MMO, get old. But for new players it's awesome to look up at a bunch of high ranks and have a marker for where you want to get in the game.

i remember my first time seeing someone with such a high rank, back when i used to zerg when i first started(left them over a year ago) we guested into a campaign to help dethrone and everyone freaked out because the current emp was an AD Prefect and we'd never seen anyone close to his level
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    quote-Craig-Charles-its-evolve-or-die-really-you-have-70671.png

just let go...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • No_True_Scotsman
    No_True_Scotsman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I would rush to place anything I've done during a virtual leisure activity on my "proud accomplishment" list.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wear my Volunteer title rank proudly.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I would rush to place anything I've done during a virtual leisure activity on my "proud accomplishment" list.

I do, on occasion. I wouldn't take pride in one that is focused so much on time invested though.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll is biased
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Lakeh
    Lakeh
    ✭✭✭
    I do not give a flying *** about my PvP rank, but i still find it disgusting that people farm this in sneak with macros trying to earn e-peen from their rank. Yes, people actually do this.
    PC EU Player

Artis
    Injustice
    Streaking Sorcerers
    Astrum Herois Member