Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Cyrodiil Performance Test and Double AP Event

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds good, guess I have a reason to get back into Cyrodiil for a week.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler You beautiful man! Lets hope we get to the bottom of some things, Azura's has always outperformed its CP counterparts with similar fights. Lets get some numbers !
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Removing CP has its benefits and its negatives. Obviously CP was a poor decision that they realize and are looking at ways to resolve this mistake. However the CP system has been out for far too long and class skills have been now balanced around it along with the removal of soft caps and the change to ulti gen.

The lack of CP only further shows the imbalance across classes and makes players even more pigeon holed into the same builds and enchants.

1 class has zero cost reduction, zero regen or passive ult gain. The others have some variation of this in one form or another. All this test is going to show is how severe the class imbalance really is and just *** off a large portion of the community because they will need gear just to play for a week and be even remotely relevant.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler You said in another post that sets with procs (Red Mountain, Viper, etc.) cause additional stress on the server that can lead to lag. Have you considered having a "No Proc Sets" week to gather data?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Paul_DA
    Paul_DA
    Free Grand overlord for everyone !
    Stuck in PvP ? Bring 10 friends to be OP!
    Options
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Resource management is much tougher on the non-CP campaigns.
    With no skill cool downs this is how the game should be, resources should be rationed; not infinite. Hopefully will force some people out of heavy into the armor they should be wearing and then they probably just need to balance some things like reduce the nerf on streak and roll dodge and maybe wings or just other changes to adjust idk.

Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Entire week without CP?! Yay!!
    giphy.gif
    Entire week of free AP.
    Options
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing CP has its benefits and its negatives. Obviously CP was a poor decision that they realize and are looking at ways to resolve this mistake. However the CP system has been out for far too long and class skills have been now balanced around it along with the removal of soft caps and the change to ulti gen.

The lack of CP only further shows the imbalance across classes and makes players even more pigeon holed into the same builds and enchants.

1 class has zero cost reduction, zero regen or passive ult gain. The others have some variation of this in one form or another. All this test is going to show is how severe the class imbalance really is and just *** off a large portion of the community because they will need gear just to play for a week and be even remotely relevant.

MagDK :(
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See you all in Cyrodiil!

This carebear needs the Akaviri motif...
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am ok with this testing. I enjoyed no CP in Azura — it was just not populated enough.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
      Options
    • Jamini
      Jamini
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hopefully a small step on the path to softcaps.

Next week is going to be extremely enjoyable for me.
      Edited by Jamini on February 20, 2017 7:53PM
      "Adapt. or Die."
      Options
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      OH DAMN IT BRIAN! I just realised Torment Tides of Numenera is out next week, I was planning to go play that all week. Ruining my plans... :cry:
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
      Options
    • ishilb14_ESO
      ishilb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      There's no possible way the CP stat bonuses could be affecting the performance (other than allowing people to use their abilities more often) so it's only the passive bonuses that are the issue. In which case, why not try to disable the passives only and leave stat bonuses in place?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
      Edited by ishilb14_ESO on February 20, 2017 7:56PM
      Original DC #Bloodthorn2014
      CoFounder - Terror
      Officer - Mega Best Friends
      Officer - Eminent Gaming

Options
    • Takllin
      Takllin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      With no skill cool downs this is how the game should be, resources should be rationed; not infinite. Hopefully will force some people out of heavy into the armor they should be wearing and then they probably just need to balance some things like reduce the nerf on streak and roll dodge and maybe wings or just other changes to adjust idk.

Yeah... switch to light armor guys. :lol:

This is just going to infuriate a large portion of the PvP population. They're not carried by CP either as some people would say, it's just a different game and good/bad players are the same between trueflame/azura from my experiences. It just brings out class imbalances even more as asgari mentions.
      Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
      Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
      Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
      Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
      Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
      Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
      Options
    • Alcast
      Alcast
      Class Representative
      MY BODY IS READY

giphy.gif

People finally have to learn to play again? :trollface: THANK GOD
      This will also solve half the BALANCE issues lawl

Erondil wrote: »
      If you do such reduce battle spirit to ~25% during this period, please.

Would be nice but not necessary. Permablocking like on Trueflame aint gonna happen, unless you wanna do 0 dmg and that is totally fine with me lol.
      Edited by Alcast on February 20, 2017 8:09PM
      https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
      https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
      https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      There's no possible way the CP stat bonuses could be affecting the performance so it's only the passive bonuses that are the issue. In which case, why not try to disable the passives only and leave stat bonuses in place?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Depends how that percentage is calculated though, is it applied to the character base as a static value or calculated independently on each attack.

I know one of the issues with latency in EVE Online they looked at with their Brain in the Box tech was how resistances applied to ships, and how because you had Ship Res + Skill Res + Module Res needing to be calculated with every shot that hit you.
      So they looked into a system where when you jumped into a system it went "okay 20 + 10 + 27 = X" this entity (your ship) now has X as a flat value. Thus meaning less calculations on the server.

That probably made no sense at all.
      Options
    • SleepyTroll
      SleepyTroll
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Takllin wrote: »

Yeah... switch to light armor guys. :lol:

This is just going to infuriate a large portion of the PvP population. They're not carried by CP either as some people would say, it's just a different game and good/bad players are the same between trueflame/azura from my experiences. It just brings out class imbalances even more as asgari mentions.

Maybe if it brings out class imbalance as much as you guys think then it will finally gets some things fixed, we can hope atleast.
      Options
    • ishilb14_ESO
      ishilb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »
      There's no possible way the CP stat bonuses could be affecting the performance so it's only the passive bonuses that are the issue. In which case, why not try to disable the passives only and leave stat bonuses in place?

@ZOS_BrianWheeler

Depends how that percentage is calculated though, is it applied to the character base as a static value or calculated independently on each attack.

I know one of the issues with latency in EVE Online they looked at with their Brain in the Box tech was how resistances applied to ships, and how because you had Ship Res + Skill Res + Module Res needing to be calculated with every shot that hit you.
      So they looked into a system where when you jumped into a system it went "okay 20 + 10 + 27 = X" this entity (your ship) now has X as a flat value. Thus meaning less calculations on the server.

The percentage is calculated beforehand since we can see the changes right on our stats and tooltips.
      Edited by ishilb14_ESO on February 20, 2017 8:02PM
      CoFounder - Terror
      Officer - Eminent Gaming

Options
    • fastolfv_ESO
      fastolfv_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      this all sounds pretty bad, comparing TF server stress to an empty azuras and saying azuras runs better is probably one of the most foolish things i have seen a dev post ever. Doubling AP and watching people exploit flipping the same outpost over and over doesnt give you more data on ap gains, you know people are doing it and how much they are making without actually fighting. Anyone who has played cyro for a week has a better grasp on whats going on than the devs right now its scary
      Options
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Turelus wrote: »

The percentage is calculated beforehand since we can see the changes right on our stats and tooltips.

The ships in EVE Online all show the value of their shield resistances applied as well. That doesn't mean it's how the game/server is calculating it though.

*edit for spelling and removing Brian from the quote string so he doesn't keep getting pings.

*edit 2

This is what I am talking about for those interested, it's pretty interesting in what they were looking into and how they could cut calculations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT6ddbIJRtg
      Edited by Turelus on February 20, 2017 8:09PM
      Options
    • Talcyndl
      Talcyndl
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No CP has certain issues in PvP, but IMO those are vastly outweighed by the issues (balance and broken builds) caused by CP. Add in the (obvious to most of us playing on Azuras) lag impact of CP, well...I'm hoping this little test leads to a disabling of CP across all the campaigns.
      Tal'gro Bol
      PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
      http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
      Options
    • Ankael07
      Ankael07
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Can you guys also monitor the effects of resource poisons as well? In a campaign like Azura's resource poisons are an absolute malice compared to CP campaigns.

Oh and a question... what sort of changes can we expect if your tests confirm that CP passives affect lag heavily?
      Edited by Ankael07 on February 20, 2017 8:07PM
      If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
      Options
    • ComboBreaker88
      ComboBreaker88
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Xbox one NA server Azuras star is DEAD. Nobody goes in there. The server runs better BECAUSE it has a lower population. Lol
      Options
    • Alcast
      Alcast
      Class Representative
      Xbox one NA server Azuras star is DEAD. Nobody goes in there. The server runs better BECAUSE it has a lower population. Lol

EU PC AZURA is full in primetime. No lag
      https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
      https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
      https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
    • Beerbong_Ginn
      Beerbong_Ginn
      ✭✭✭
      ssUr6V1.jpg
      Helvius Inebriato - Imperial Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
      Belladonna Faleri - Imperial Sorcerer, Aldmeri Dominion
      Drinks-under-tables - Argonian Templar, Daggerfall Covenant
      Koh'rona gra-Beerchugger - Orc Nightblade, Daggerfall Covenant
      The Beerwench - Nord Warden, Ebonheart Pact
      Ican Hazbeer - Khajiit Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
      Yukan Hazbeer - Khajiit Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
      Mama'Emeritus - Dunmer Dragonknight, Ebonheart Pact
      Mama'Meretrix - Dunmer Sorcerer, Ebonheart Pact
      Mama'Ignitus - Dunmer Templar, Ebonheart Pact
      Mama'Obscurus - Dunmer Nightblade, Ebonheart Pact
      Faeliinyth - Bosmer Warden, Ebonheart Pact
      Byress Ginerva - Breton Warden, Ebonheart Pact
      Twitch: www.twitch.tv/beerbong_ginn Twitter: @BeerbongGinn
      Gilliamtherogue
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      giphy.gif
      Been waiting for this! Super stoked to see how the other campaigns function, and hopefully move to a much healthier, happier Cyrodiil. Divines bless you @ZOS_BrianWheeler and team :)
      Edited by Gilliamtherogue on February 20, 2017 8:09PM
      Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue
      Options
    • Parafrost
      Parafrost
      ✭✭✭
      THANK YOU.
      Options
    • Orchish
      Orchish
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No CP? you mean i'll actually have to manage my resources for once? Better whip out the old Engine Guardian.
      Options
    • ishilb14_ESO
      ishilb14_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭

Or, more people will wear heavy armor and then just stack up tightly on flags to force flip them since small groups that used to have high damage will no longer be able to burn through them. This will just encourage zerging even more.
      CoFounder - Terror
      Officer - Eminent Gaming

Options
    • Parafrost
      Parafrost
      ✭✭✭
      Koolio wrote: »
      I just spent 2 years getting as much CP as possible to play Pvp. I don't think removing them is a good way to go. Not a good idea.

It is the way to go. It shouldn't have been added in the 1st place.
      Options