Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

*spoiler* warden skills leaked!

• Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comon really. INC PvP trolls.

Drop that frozen ward on a keep flag and GG.
    teleport enemies right into your zerg ball
    Options
  • Draconerus
    Draconerus
    ✭✭✭
    Super disappointing we do no thave more animal companions.
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Glad I started working on another character now instead of waiting for the Warden... even with the morphs unknown, this class based upon the skills listed, is not something I would ever want to play.

Funny that many people see it as you, I think the Warden is exactly the class I always wanted in ESO. I totally dislike the "Animal Companion" skill line but love the Frost + Healing skill trees. So many options to build characters... amazing and totally what I wanted for a Warden class.

Super disappointed with the animal companion skill line as well.
    Draconerus
    Argonian - Templar Healer
    Da Funk - Officer
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Well since its been proved authentic, that makes it even more embarrassing. Whoever wrote the skill descriptions from Xbox magazine made it read like the game is for tweens.

Well it was for xbox. Adults stick to the superior console.

To the PC?

No. Nintendo Switch
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    b101uk wrote: »
    Xundiin wrote: »
    I would like to know exactly where this was from, considering it appears to be written in British English, "Favourite" and not American 'Favorite' where the game is developed.

or Canadian english

or just actual English really...let's face it what they call "American English" is just words altered for baby spelling as they can't really understand it otherwise :)

Or the fact that American English was established before rules where established for Queens English.

lol, you do know Briton was around long before America was "discovered", do you know that much of the framework that established the start of American English was done on the texts of British English, which is why to fully understand the meaning many old American laws etc you need to understand the meaning attributed "then" on the basics of British English, rather than the attributed meaning now in American English.

Who's the #1 superpower in the world? Who isn't anymore? Oh yeah that's right
    Options
  • HereKittehKitteh
    HereKittehKitteh
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather wait and see what the class has to offer upon release, or far closer to release at least. For one there will probably be adjustments to skills, and for two I don't think the magazine has the best descriptions of the skills.
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks to me like I might actually be able to make something comparable to my Bear Shaman from AoC.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, sometimes it seems like these forums only exist for people to complain. That seems to be all I am seeing here.

We hardly even know anything about the class yet people, how can you already be "disappointed." For crying out loud, this is clearly just some basic, romanticized summary of the skills in their early development written for the sole purpose of generating hype for Morrowind. It isn't met to explain the technical function of the skills or be the actual tooltips. From reading this you can't even determine what skill is meant to be the class spamable (or if there will even be one), what skills are meant to be hard CCs, what skills will be dots or instant, etc. We don't even have any details about the morphs! And even if it did have that level of detail we are still months away from the finalized versions of these skills.

Sure this gives us some basic understanding of the intent behind the class (tanky, healer type) but we can't glean much more than that from these simple, artistic descriptions generated merely for advertising purposes. Let's wait until we get some full details (and even then we should actually wait until we see the class in action) before making any judgments.
    Options
  • Nallenil
    Nallenil
    ✭✭✭
    The class should be called "druid" and not "warden" in my opinion.
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    Man, sometimes it seems like these forums only exist for people to complain. That seems to be all I am seeing here.

We hardly even know anything about the class yet people, how can you already be "disappointed." For crying out loud, this is clearly just some basic, romanticized summary of the skills in their early development written for the sole purpose of generating hype for Morrowind. It isn't met to explain the technical function of the skills or be the actual tooltips. From reading this you can't even determine what skill is meant to be the class spamable (or if there will even be one), what skills are meant to be hard CCs, what skills will be dots or instant, etc. We don't even have any details about the morphs! And even if it did have that level of detail we are still months away from the finalized versions of these skills.

Sure this gives us some basic understanding of the intent behind the class (tanky, healer type) but we can't glean much more than that from these simple, artistic descriptions generated merely for advertising purposes. Let's wait until we get some full details (and even then we should actually wait until we see the class in action) before making any judgments.

We can be disappointed because we see the direction this class is taking, and it matches exactly how they described the class skill trees in the Livestream. They said, "ice defense", "nature healing", and "pets", which is exactly what this magazine describes. Sure things could change, but I doubt it will change enough to become a class I would be interested in since I'm overwhelming disappointed with the skills described.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Green Balance reminds me of the Nature power in DCUO. I'm curious to see what (if any) stam morphs they'll add to it.

Netch sounds like it's talior-made for a solo stam Warden. Maybe one of the morphs will act like a stam version of Channelled Focus?

All in all, I'm positively intrigued.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »
    I would like to know exactly where this was from, considering it appears to be written in British English, "Favourite" and not American 'Favorite' where the game is developed.

You do know that Canadians use the British form of English as well, do you not?

you know... favourite, neighbour, etc, etc.

abut...
    Options
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Normally, I would agree. But in this case, we were all on our hands and knees begging for frost dps and more nature tailored skills that wasn't only about healing.

What we received was something completely opposite. Almost insultingly so. Hopefully, more details released will bring back the hype.

I haven't lost complete hope. :)
    Options
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allot more tank skills than a DK i tell you that. I can see warden replacing DK tank for end game.
    Options
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excited about Winter's Embrace and Green Balance
    Options
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I read something (released by ZOS) and I react to it accordingly. In my case the initial response is disappointment. Much like my reaction to the Independence Day 2 trailer...
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jitterbug wrote: »

I read something (released by ZOS) and I react to it accordingly. In my case the initial response is disappointment. Much like my reaction to the Independence Day 2 trailer...

And we all know how successful that movie turned out. *sigh*
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't sold on the whole Warden thing, but shooting Bees and Cliffracers at my enemies sounds pretty sweet.
    Options
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nallenil wrote: »
    The class should be called "druid" and not "warden" in my opinion.

Thank you! I was kinda thinking the same thing. Outside of the frost/ice skills, this class reminds me more of my druid in Everquest. Kind of a support healer/buffer with some offensive abilities based in naturalistic genre. It could also be tanky with the right buffs up. I also see a reason for the gear set now from the Nord zone lol. The one that buffs cold damage?Which atm, no class really has themselves unless your counting destro line.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
    Options
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What did you expect? Sorcerers get Daedra where as Wardens get mere Animals, Animals simply cant compare to Daedra.
    Options
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might make me play something other than my beloved Nightblade. I like the way they are doing the pet here personally.
    Options
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With so much aoe healing hopefully the elitists won't start a "warden only" movement for trials.
    Edited by DigitalShibby on February 13, 2017 6:17PM
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    b101uk wrote: »
    Xundiin wrote: »

or Canadian english

or just actual English really...let's face it what they call "American English" is just words altered for baby spelling as they can't really understand it otherwise :)

Or the fact that American English was established before rules where established for Queens English.

lol, you do know Briton was around long before America was "discovered", do you know that much of the framework that established the start of American English was done on the texts of British English, which is why to fully understand the meaning many old American laws etc you need to understand the meaning attributed "then" on the basics of British English, rather than the attributed meaning now in American English.

Who's the #1 superpower in the world? Who isn't anymore? Oh yeah that's right

1. China
    2. America

Sorry lol. Couldn't resist.
    Options
  • Basks
    Basks
    ✭✭
    I'm actually looking forward to the class, because this is exactly what I expected. I also anticipated that public opinion would change from the bandwagon hype-train to "this looks boring and bad".
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Normally, I would agree. But in this case, we were all on our hands and knees begging for frost dps and more nature tailored skills that wasn't only about healing.

What we received was something completely opposite. Almost insultingly so. Hopefully, more details released will bring back the hype.

I haven't lost complete hope. :)

Well there are those arguing about spell crafting so does it matter really?
    Classes aren't often a bag of tricks that change every 6 months
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • Hechicera
    Hechicera
    ✭✭✭
    Bees, hmm I remember my Asheron's Call 2 Hive Keeper from the beta. It was hysterically funny. :smile:

My DAoC frost mage also was ... that this is not. :(

Options
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    Meh. Not very impressed. Expected real pets, not just spells that are over in a second. Also, that line could've been the tanking one, the frost could've been the DPS one.
    And yeah, instead of "warden" it should be druid. The word warden makes me think of prisons. Eso warden reminds me of occult Celtic priests.
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
    Options
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »
    I really wanted a frost spammable, and an execute, that's all i wanted, and some passives to put frost damage on par with lightning and fire, but only on the warden, so there could have been some variety, but no, *** pets, as if a frost spike cannot kill you.... as if getting frostbitten cannot do damage to you.

I'm pretty sure we're either getting Frost DPS via Spellcrafting or the Necromancer class.

Oh, wow 5 years from now? thanks....
    Yes, right now i'm salty as ***, from the disappointment.

So use, a frost staff with polar wind and sleet storm and destruction staff spells, and don't take the taunting passive.

It was unrealistic to expect an entire frost damage trre, especially after the changes to make frost staves more defensive.

I could do that' but it wouldn't be competitive, i would like to have a competitive frost build, even if it's only on warden.

And I'd like a competitive 1h/shield dps build, but it's not realistic to expect that either.

You are being a bit dishonest here, because everyone knows that if you have a one hand and shield you shouldn't probably do dps, because a shield is for defensive purpose, but frost? frost can kill, you can get frostbitten, you can get impaled with an ice spike, you can summon a blizzard etc...
    Options
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rawst wrote: »
    Meh. Not very impressed. Expected real pets, not just spells that are over in a second.

I kinda prefer them as spells. Continuously spamming cliffracers at people is much more true to lore than having just one that follows you around. Hopefully the screech is in!
    Edited by out51d3r on February 13, 2017 6:41PM
    Options
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't quite understand why people are underwhelmed. You can still use the frost line as DPS, just don't unlock the passive that makes the staff a taunt. (Maybe wrong?). Things change and we do not even know the tooltip information yet, just the basic idea of each skill. We don't know morphs or the class passives yet either. I still think this is going to be a really fun class.
    Options
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Looks to me like I might actually be able to make something comparable to my Bear Shaman from AoC.

Sad i never played that class in AOC. Still my favorite MMO of all time. Loved that game.
    Options