The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PSA: Playtesters at ZOS this week

• Ixtyr
    Ixtyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well this is cool. Hopefully they do more than one of these tests. If there aren't many EU folks, scheduling one longer in advance for a month from now could be really useful.

Ixy officially jealous.
    Ixtyr Falavir - Bosmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
    Reya Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
    Kaylin Falavir - Dunmer Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact
    ---
    Alyna Falavir - Dunmer Dragonknight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aernah Falavir - Altmer Templar - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aranis Falavir - Bosmer Sorcerer - Daggerfall Covenant
    Aerin Falavir - Bosmer Warden - Daggerfall Covenant
    Rhys Falavir - Orc Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion
    Rhiannon Falavir - Altmer Templar - Aldmeri Dominion
    Nenara Falavir - Argonian Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    Neera Falavir - Orc Warden - Aldmeri Dominion
    ---
    The Ska'vyn Exchange - Guild Master
    Vehemence - Officer
    Nightfighters - Member
    -
    Ømni - Guild Master (Retired)
    ---
    Moderator of /r/elderscrollsonline
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't supposed you invited someone that actually doesn't despise templars did you?
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 6, 2017 10:15PM
    Options
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    GilGalad wrote: »
    My first time on a plane, is for this. HYPE.
    DschiPeunt wrote: »
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Eweroun wrote: »
    are they all Americans, or also Europeans? ... cause, facing reality... Best players are on EUserver, no? ;)

The selected players are from all over the world!
    Can you let us know, who is coming? Would be interesting to know :)

We're leaving it up to each player to decide if they'd like to announce they're participating.

Good call, because even though you asked nicely, I imagine a lot of people would constantly attempt to pry info from them.

It's great to see this! Early feedback by those who understand the changes best.
    Yeah, I understand this too. But on the other hand, I would also be good to see, if all aspects of the game are represented well. A lot of the best PvErs are on the EU server as an example and I was curious, if one of them was invited as well.
    PvP is already covered, since Sypher tweeted he was going to ZOS studios :)

@DschiPeunt Don't fret, PvE is covered too.

[...]

Hodor is historically the best raiding guild across both megaservers and all platforms, uncontested; to challenge that claim would be 'alternative facts'; and noone got invited from here.
    [...]

Beeing the loudest doesn't mean beeing the best... :wink:
    pretzl wrote: »
    are they all Americans, or also Europeans? ... cause, facing reality... Best players are on EUserver, no? ;)

We're leaving it up to each player to decide if they'd like to announce they're participating.

Good call, because even though you asked nicely, I imagine a lot of people would constantly attempt to pry info from them.

It's great to see this! Early feedback by those who understand the changes best.
    Yeah, I understand this too. But on the other hand, I would also be good to see, if all aspects of the game are represented well. A lot of the best PvErs are on the EU server as an example and I was curious, if one of them was invited as well.

[...]

Hodor is historically the best raiding guild across both megaservers and all platforms, uncontested; to challenge that claim would be 'alternative facts'; and noone got invited from here.
    [...]

In the sense of PvE raiding, it kinda does. All world #1 scores speaks for itself tbh.

Is Donald Trump the best because he ist the loudest? Having the most votes in the Electoral College speaks for itself huh?

Those are both stupid and non-suiting analogies... But I didn't come here to argue whether Hodor is the best raiding guild or not; we can let trial score and past achievements tell that tale - and then people can interpretate it however they want.

Let's not derail the thread. :)

Well this is about theorycrafting and when I look at some of @Alcast builds in the past, claiming stuff like mothers sorrow is BIS for templar, while proven to be wrong mathematically and in practice. And then there is his new Templar build for this update without a MSA staff "because it makes no difference". Show me the numbers pls that lead to this conclusion.

But maybe it will become the new meta if you tell it everyone and shout it out loud.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys....cant we just be happy for those invited? This is very awesome and I say bravo to ZOS for bringing in some actual players people know and trust, to help make the game better for everyone.
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
    Options
  • Cîanai
    Cîanai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »
    Will the players testing have an advantage over the world first completion of the new trial?

Even if we touch the trial it wouldn't mean too much. I think some of you are forgetting that the PTS receives content up to month before the live game gets it. So trial groups will practice their hearts out in PTS before it even hits live. Thus attaining the knowledge to complete the trial, before it goes live.

Correct me if I'm wrong! :)

Sorry, but if you really 'touch' the trial 4 months before all other raiding guilds, its a really big advantage just for a few people on the NA server. If ZOS care about competition in PvE they shouldn't let you try this new trial or the raiding community may feel betrayed.
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cîanai wrote: »

[...]

[...]

In the sense of PvE raiding, it kinda does. All world #1 scores speaks for itself tbh.

Is Donald Trump the best because he ist the loudest? Having the most votes in the Electoral College speaks for itself huh?

He won fair and square because of how the voting process works in the US, therefore he is the #1 choice for president. Same applies here. We took all #1 scores, thus we're the #1 guild this patch ;D

#1 in this patch doesn't mean, that you are 'historically the best raiding guild across both megaservers and all platforms, uncontested'. That is just an alternativ fact and a disrespect to all other raiding guilds.

But tbh - this shouldn't be an argument in this thread.

Let's stop focusing on the fallos measuring, especially in this thread. :)
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 7, 2017 10:01AM
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I know where Xinthisis, SRIBES, Fengrush, Essa, Blobs, Alcast, Yolo Wizard, Gilliam and a few lesser known PvE'rs will be next few weeks.

This is progress! Never been so excited for anything ESO related in recent months. I can't wait to see the results, I'll come back to the game full time to PLAY the results. It's like Zenimax are taking the core game/game mechanics seriously. I hope they take battlegrounds seriously, hopefully they won't lag which is something that the playtesters will have to take into account playing on the internal servers.

Alcast and Yolo are both from Hodor and they were not invited. ;)

It's a shame if Alcast was left out for PvE representation and trials. Maybe they are afraid of his potty mouth?

Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

DschiPeunt Don't fret, PvE is covered too.

@Gilliamtherogue Bring gum and chew it when going up/down to deal with ear popping ;)

Glad @Gilliamtherogue is represented in the group ! Hope Deltia is as well.
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't supposed you invited someone that actually doesn't despise templars did you?

I can see @FENGRUSH having a conversation with @Wrobel about shrinking the Templars House !

Options
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its cool that they do this, as long as @Sypher , @Blobsky and @Alcast, @FENGRUSH is there, Im fairly sure they will get good feedback that covers most if not all of players concerns/issues.

PC EU
    PvP only
    Options
  • GeertKarel
    GeertKarel
    ✭✭✭
    They just choose the big streamers.
    Good way to market their new upcomming expension.

Lets hope they give good feedback about the game and what really is expected.

Hope you picked some people that are actively raiding in pve / trial content.
    Some pvpers just to checkout the new 4v4v4 mode where you fight over certain objectives aka battlegrounds.
    And some roleplayers to go through allt he voice chat to see if the storylines / sidequests are somewhat interesting

Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor
    Options
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GeertKarel wrote: »
    They just choose the big streamers.
    Good way to market their new upcomming expension.

Lets hope they give good feedback about the game and what really is expected.

Hope you picked some people that are actively raiding in pve / trial content.
    Some pvpers just to checkout the new 4v4v4 mode where you fight over certain objectives aka battlegrounds.
    And some roleplayers to go through allt he voice chat to see if the storylines / sidequests are somewhat interesting

I believe most of the people aren't just streamers. I don't know everyone that is going but I can assure you they diversified their selections which means different perspectives and better feedback :)
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if morrowind is bad,zos wants us to blame the testers. Lol
    Options
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was anyone from EU invited? Maybe from the Top Raid guilds?
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Its cool that they do this, as long as @Sypher , @Blobsky and @Alcast, @FENGRUSH is there, Im fairly sure they will get good feedback that covers most if not all of players concerns/issues.

I'm not invited, the others are
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As somebody who had to read entirely too much John W. Creswell in college, I'll never disagree that cherry-picking your subjects for any qualitative study - or quantitative for that matter - is a bad idea.

A small knowledge prerequisite is fine so you're choosing people who are willing and able to provide productive feedback. But to choose "some of our top theorycrafters" means they already had a results bias before the testing even began.
    signing off
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno if you didn't invite vazan from tkg. You are missing out on group pvp top theory crafter
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I know where Xinthisis, SRIBES, Fengrush, Essa, Blobs, Alcast, Yolo Wizard, Gilliam and a few lesser known PvE'rs will be next few weeks.

This is progress! Never been so excited for anything ESO related in recent months. I can't wait to see the results, I'll come back to the game full time to PLAY the results. It's like Zenimax are taking the core game/game mechanics seriously. I hope they take battlegrounds seriously, hopefully they won't lag which is something that the playtesters will have to take into account playing on the internal servers.

Alcast and Yolo are both from Hodor and they were not invited. ;)

Well that's ****
    PC EU
    Options
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What about Andy S ??? where are his fans? but i think he never spoke in his youtubes so maybe some issue there ?

Also, Streak2g maybe.....
    Options
  • Molec
    Molec
    ✭✭✭
    As said in another thread that was instantly deleted by ZOS:

"This is nothing but posturing: They invite popular and vocal ESO celebs to "Playtest" to make you believe that the community have a say in the game, all whilst stealth buffing the TOS and giving the middle finger to long term subscribers by charging them the price of the base game at release for content compairable to the first PVE DLC with an added class that was removed after the first beta. £40 for the base "Morrowind" or £100 for the "Collectors Edition"". Who would have seriously paid £100 for the collectors edition of Orsinium? This shii is getting out of hand!
    Edited by Molec on February 6, 2017 11:05PM
    PC-EU 666cp+

Molec - Dunmer Magika Sorc
    Lucius Bal - Altmer Magika DK
    Avborh - Breton Magika Templar
    Skorun - Altmer Magika NB
    Darum-Zar - Khajiit Stamina DK
    Nephi Dagon - Argonian Mag Templar
    Warden of Red Mountain - Bosmer Stamina Warden
    Warden of Dagoth-Ur - Altmer Magika Warden

George Carlin — "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"
    Options
  • Cîanai
    Cîanai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »

But Yolo and other Hodor(ians?) said, that Alcast isn't invited as well. I guess they just choose some NA players, because there is no single EU player confirmed.
    Options
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap the egos in this thread make for a good read. Also did anyone take into consideration the console players who don't have any access to pts and also get the patch after pc when thinking about world firsts?
    Options
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But Yolo and other Hodor(ians?) said, that Alcast isn't invited as well. I guess they just choose some NA players, because there is no single EU player confirmed.

EU Voices Matter
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Holy crap the egos in this thread make for a good read. Also did anyone take into consideration the console players who don't have any access to pts and also get the patch after pc when thinking about world firsts?

Consoles have no access to addons and more sluggish controls - it simply would never be a fair contest to begin with.
    Don't see how we even, practically, could take it into consideration. Not sure what you are suggesting? :)
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 7, 2017 10:02AM
    Options
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molec wrote: »
    As said in another thread that was instantly deleted by ZOS:

"This is nothing but posturing: They invite popular and vocal ESO celebs to "Playtest" to make you believe that the community have a say in the game, all whilst stealth buffing the TOS and giving the middle finger to long term subscribers by charging them the price of the base game at release for content compairable to the first PVE DLC with an added class that was removed after the first beta. £40 for the base "Morrowind" or £100 for the "Collectors Edition"". Who would have seriously paid £100 for the collectors edition of Orsinium? This shii is getting out of hand!

Yeah I posted in that other thread and since it went :poof:, gonna post it again here:

This game is too far gone for me to care about any of this anymore. :p
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Consoles have no access to addons and more sluggish controls - it simply would never be a fair contest to begin with.
    Don't see how we even, practically, could take it into consideration. Not sure what you are suggesting? :)

Yeah but that makes his point moot; that everyone gets to go but him - so let's just conveniently not take that into consideration. ;)

What point? I am simply replying to my name being tagged in brute honesty. I am interested though - I have been told Alcaast was invited, no idea if that is true or not but the people who said this to me are going. Isn't Woeler EU? Either way I know of one other EU player going too, so EU is represented.

DC EU Nightblade
    Options
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would imagine with the difficulty getting a VISA for the US now, its unlikely anyone will be going from outside world :wink:

This must be embarrassing for Wrobel, it's like saying he has no idea lets get some amateurs in, they can't do a worse job!!

Although unless they can fix the Lag in the Game, doesn't make any difference what changes are made to balance if you can't use your skills!
    Options
  • Cîanai
    Cîanai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but that makes his point moot; that everyone gets to go but him - so let's just conveniently not take that into consideration. ;)

Isn't Woeler EU?

Woeler is EU but not invited ^^
    Options
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What point? I am simply replying to my name being tagged in brute honesty. I am interested though - I have been told Alcaast was invited, no idea if that is true or not but the people who said this to me are going. Isn't Woeler EU? Either way I know of one other EU player going too, so EU is represented.

I am glad that some people in EU were invited, I hope these people come forth. :)
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 7, 2017 10:03AM
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am glad that some people in EU were invited, I hope these people come forth. :)

Alcast was not invited, don't know who told you that.

Weird, 3 of the people going told me he will also be there...

I guess he wants to keep it private for whatever reason, so any ZOS staff feel free to remove sentences where I talk about Alcast please!
    Edited by Blobsky on February 6, 2017 11:58PM

DC EU Nightblade
    Options