The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PSA: Playtesters at ZOS this week

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hey all,

We want to give everyone a heads up that we've invited a small number of some of our top theorycrafters to the studio. These players will be playtesting some of our upcoming content and features this week with the goal being to get early, targeted feedback and suggestions.

The selected players have signed an NDA and while you may see some of them mention that they'll be at ZOS this week, please understand they aren't able to discuss the play sessions for a few weeks.

Thanks!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Are you able to give the exact NDA timeframe?
    Edited by timidobserver on February 6, 2017 5:15PM
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow this is actually huge, big step towards using player feedback. Battlegrounds will add a new level of depth to the balance of the game, and the current way of "break everything every 6 months" is not going to work, looking forward to hear about the results of this playstest.

Now wait to crybabies complaining about "they are going to change the game to please a few streamers blablablabla"
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , does this mean Morrowind won't be on PTS before release?
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very nice! Just a question? Are the invited players PvE or PvP oriented? I hope that it is a mixture of them because both metas are quite different.
    Because I can!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Bashev wrote: »
    Very nice! Just a question? Are the invited players PvE or PvP oriented? I hope that it is a mixture of them because both metas are quite different.

It's a mixture of both.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting...

I hope it helps refine some of the issues.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umm wonder how honest the feedback is gonna be? Good job I'm not a play tester as my "feedback" would require physical interaction with atleast one dev >:)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I appreciate taking in player opinions and comments, I hope you're including casuals and some folks that give alternative thoughts to the min/max mentality. We'very been feeding the same meta for too long which has led us to a narrow choice of skills and sets to be competitive.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Dexxadude
    Dexxadude
    ✭✭
    This is an impressive step in the direction of player feedback. Unfortunately its biased feedback of a selected few.
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will not be at ZOS this week so obviously no interest in saltynord theory. lame.

B)

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ever need someone to test standing in stupid let me know ;). I live within driving distance now :). This is very exciting can't wait to hear about it!
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow this is awesome :) I'm curious about who was chosen!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Soella
    Soella
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great news!

As a casual player, I trust combine opinion of ZOS and players on balance and similar questions. Question I have if ZOS plan in the future similar sessions regarding economy/crafting? I like the directions the game grow, but trade system and crafting require complete overhaul.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    If you ever need someone to test standing in stupid let me know ;). I live within driving distance now :). This is very exciting can't wait to hear about it!

As well as standing in stupid, I am versed in "many and various ways to die by Mudcrab or Skeever" and would be happy to impart my knowledge!! :)
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impressive and unexpected. Great job!

I hope they give good feedback.
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    are they all Americans, or also Europeans? ... cause, facing reality... Best players are on EUserver, no? ;)
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Eweroun wrote: »
    are they all Americans, or also Europeans? ... cause, facing reality... Best players are on EUserver, no? ;)

The selected players are from all over the world!
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on February 6, 2017 5:56PM
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Zakor
    Zakor
    ✭✭✭

That's awesome! Definitively a step in the right direction. Let's get the testing started. I assume they will be the first to conquer morrowind, the warden and the battlegrounds.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does those selected have to travel to zos studio to test things on internal severs?
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just make sure they play both stamina and magicka, dd, healer and tank builds.
    It's no fun when ESO becomes Maelstrom Daggers Online or Destruction Staves Online.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just published a build stacking all the movement and sprint speeds available in game and I don't get invited?

Heretics!
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wouldn't know, show me.....oh wait! the EU server is offline :trollface:
    Edited by ManDraKE on February 6, 2017 6:08PM
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭

Can you let us know, who is coming? Would be interesting to know :)
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder how "top theorycrafters" is determined? In-game performance metrics? Number of builds shared with the community? Number of twitch followers? Number of irate PTS forum posts? :)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    umm wonder how honest the feedback is gonna be? Good job I'm not a play tester as my "feedback" would require physical interaction with atleast one dev >:)
    It's Wrobel isn't it?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    DschiPeunt wrote: »

We're leaving it up to each player to decide if they'd like to announce they're participating.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We're leaving it up to each player to decide if they'd like to announce they're participating.

Good call, because even though you asked nicely, I imagine a lot of people would constantly attempt to pry info from them.

It's great to see this! Early feedback by those who understand the changes best.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Understandable. I wouldn't want this announced if I was one of those players.

Also, you said the NDA is only for a "few weeks". Does that mean we will get more news about this new content this month still? You know we can never get enough of shiny new information...
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Good call, because even though you asked nicely, I imagine a lot of people would constantly attempt to pry info from them.

It's great to see this! Early feedback by those who understand the changes best.
    Yeah, I understand this too. But on the other hand, I would also be good to see, if all aspects of the game are represented well. A lot of the best PvErs are on the EU server as an example and I was curious, if one of them was invited as well.
    PvP is already covered, since Sypher tweeted he was going to ZOS studios :)
    Edited by DschiPeunt on February 6, 2017 6:32PM
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • Gilliamtherogue
    Gilliamtherogue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first time on a plane, is for this. HYPE.
    MissBizz wrote: »

Yeah, I understand this too. But on the other hand, I would also be good to see, if all aspects of the game are represented well. A lot of the best PvErs are on the EU server as an example and I was curious, if one of them was invited as well.
    PvP is already covered, since Sypher tweeted he was going to ZOS studios :)

@DschiPeunt Don't fret, PvE is covered too.
    Old member of The Order of Mundus, Mostly Harmless, Hostile, and Genesis Elite. Avid theorycrafter. Herald to competitive stamina DPS pre 1.5. How far we've come!

Have questions? Send me a message on the forums or my other social media. Seeing people learn is my dream and passion.

Guides and other fun videos at https://youtube.com/c/gilliamtherogue