The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PSA: Playtesters at ZOS this week

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is excellent ZOS. Although I may not entirely agree with the balancing perspectives of those you've chosen; this is a step in the right direction. I haven't seen you guys do something like this since you've brought the major guilds together at your HQ back in the day. This is refreshing to see :smile:
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome guys! Go and test the crap out of all that stuff! And please be objective :wink:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cîanai wrote: »
    Blobsky wrote: »
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Calboy wrote: »
    Holy crap the egos in this thread make for a good read. Also did anyone take into consideration the console players who don't have any access to pts and also get the patch after pc when thinking about world firsts?

Consoles have no access to addons and more sluggish controls - it simply would never be a fair contest to begin with.
    Don't see how we even, practically, could take it into consideration. Not sure what you are suggesting? :)
    olsborg wrote: »
    Its cool that they do this, as long as @Sypher , @Blobsky and @Alcast, @FENGRUSH is there, Im fairly sure they will get good feedback that covers most if not all of players concerns/issues.

I'm not invited, the others are

But Yolo and other Hodor(ians?) said, that Alcast isn't invited as well. I guess they just choose some NA players, because there is no single EU player confirmed.

Yeah but that makes his point moot; that everyone gets to go but him - so let's just conveniently not take that into consideration. ;)

Isn't Woeler EU?

Woeler is EU but not invited ^^

Ah, that's pretty poor he certainly should have q voice there for pve
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap the egos in this thread make for a good read. Also did anyone take into consideration the console players who don't have any access to pts and also get the patch after pc when thinking about world firsts?

Consoles have no access to addons and more sluggish controls - it simply would never be a fair contest to begin with.
    Don't see how we even, practically, could take it into consideration. Not sure what you are suggesting? :)
    Its cool that they do this, as long as @Sypher , @Blobsky and @Alcast, @FENGRUSH is there, Im fairly sure they will get good feedback that covers most if not all of players concerns/issues.

But Yolo and other Hodor(ians?) said, that Alcast isn't invited as well. I guess they just choose some NA players, because there is no single EU player confirmed.

Yeah but that makes his point moot; that everyone gets to go but him - so let's just conveniently not take that into consideration. ;)

What point? I am simply replying to my name being tagged in brute honesty. I am interested though - I have been told Alcaast was invited, no idea if that is true or not but the people who said this to me are going. Isn't Woeler EU? Either way I know of one other EU player going too, so EU is represented.

I am glad that some people in EU were invited, I hope these people come forth. :)

Alcast was not invited, don't know who told you that.

Weird, 3 of the people going told me he will also be there...

I guess he wants to keep it private for whatever reason, so any ZOS staff feel free to remove sentences where I talk about Alcast please!

I can confirm that two people from Hodor have indeed been invited and are going there. They just forgot to inform half the guild it seems, or the people who knew just didn't share the information. So much for creating a ruckus over nothing. I can only apologize for myself with the fact that I just finished exams and started a new semester so haven't kept up to date with guildies. :/

EDIT: Edited my previous posts in this thread to reflect this.
    Edited by Zinaroth on February 7, 2017 10:03AM
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was a long flight from London but I am here!

Awesome opportunity from ZOS and I will try to give the best feedback I can.

To those wondering, there is a pretty even balance of PvP and PvE here from all over the world.
    Edited by Paulington on February 7, 2017 12:20AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »

To those wondering, there is a pretty even balance of PvP and PvE here from all over the world.

Is there a gun to your head? Light attack twice for yes,heavy attack for no
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the info Paulington, nice to see some EU folks we're included
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    We have a good mix of play styles, platform and region. (i.e. - Console & PC players, who PVE and/or PVP, from both NA and EU)

As Gina notes, we are leaving it up to the players who are coming to determine if they want to share that info.
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Is there a gun to your head? Light attack twice for yes,heavy attack for no

Dnes pleh esaelp!!!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a good mix of play styles, platform and region. (i.e. - Console & PC players, who PVE and/or PVP, from both NA and EU)

As Gina notes, we are leaving it up to the players who are coming to determine if they want to share that info.

Any chance you can tell us specifically what they're testing? Nothing spoilerish,but areas,designs,mechanics would be good enough.
  • DschiPeunt
    DschiPeunt
    ✭✭✭✭

I am happy for all the people who have the opportunity to be there.
    BUT the real important question is this: Will the players get a look at the new trial. Sorry, but you have to tell us this. If they do, there will be no competition for world firsts. Period.
    Edited by DschiPeunt on February 7, 2017 12:31AM
    Server: EU AD || Guilds: EquinoX

Telleno || Dro-M'Athra Destroyer || Magicka DK || My YouTube-Channel || Profile on ESO-Database

World 1st vMoL Hardmode
    World 1st vHRC Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vAA Hardmode (SotH)
    World 1st vSO Hardmode (Dark Brotherhood)
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What point? I am simply replying to my name being tagged in brute honesty. I am interested though - I have been told Alcaast was invited, no idea if that is true or not but the people who said this to me are going. Isn't Woeler EU? Either way I know of one other EU player going too, so EU is represented.

I am glad that some people in EU were invited, I hope these people come forth. :)

Alcast was not invited, don't know who told you that.

Weird, 3 of the people going told me he will also be there...

I guess he wants to keep it private for whatever reason, so any ZOS staff feel free to remove sentences where I talk about Alcast please!

I can confirm that two people from Hodor have indeed been invited and are going there. They just forgot to inform half the guild it seems, or the people who knew just didn't share the information. So much for creating a ruckus over nothing. I can only apologize for myself with the fact that I just finished exams and started a new semester so haven't kept up to date with guildies. :/

No problem we all have those days

DC EU Nightblade
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's super cool. Now let's hope that's not some PR step or something :)
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »
    That's super cool. Now let's hope that's not some PR step or something :)

I hate to break it to you but it's all about PR.
  • StackonClown
    StackonClown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an awesome opportunity from ZOS! Well done...

Hi @ZOS_RichLambert , Can you please ask these 'top' players to show you ALL the exploits they know of, including TBS set glitching, and other set glitching etc etc so you can fix them once and for all ??
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, for some of them it's quite easy to figure out ! If they are people that you have seen online like 24/7 over the past three years, and all of a sudden right now it reads like "last online : 2 days ago", you know where they are ! (especially if they're top players !)

I'm glad for those invited : enjoy !
    But @ZOS, don't forget that some 90% of your playerbase is casual and definitely doesn't play like those top guys. I guess you know that already...
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I am EU, but I'm at home in Germany atm.
  • Khydan
    Khydan
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, please keep in mind that not everyone wants to be wearing heavy armor and wielding sword and board to heal. Please consider making Warden a class that can be viable as a light armor healer
  • Neoakropolis
    Neoakropolis
    ✭✭✭

Buhahahah!!! The "list" of people that have stated they were going or invited just shows how OUT OF TOUCH the dev team is with what is really happening in the game. Hope they were just invited to play test and not give actual input/recommendations on anything game changing.

ManDraKE wrote: »
    Wow this is actually huge, big step towards using player feedback. Battlegrounds will add a new level of depth to the balance of the game, and the current way of "break everything every 6 months" is not going to work, looking forward to hear about the results of this playstest.

Now wait to crybabies complaining about "they are going to change the game to please a few streamers blablablabla"

They did this before, even going as far as to hold private ts/skype sessions with top pvp/pve guilds and that did nothing for the game. Still broken, suggestions were made and ignored, questions were avoided.. Was told to be the biggest waste of time.
    TLDR: Game is dying, Camelot Unchained advancing at a decent pace. All they are trying to do is save some playerbase from fleeing by inviting their biggest youtubers/twitchers etc..

Edited by Neoakropolis on February 7, 2017 7:33AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DschiPeunt wrote: »

BUT the real important question is this: Will the players get a look at the new trial. Sorry, but you have to tell us this. If they do, there will be no competition for world firsts. Period.

No, they don't have to tell you this because it doesn't matter. Trials need to be tested to work when they're released. WoW does this every content patch, elitist guilds (and every other player) can test raids and are still in a competition afterwards when the raid (trial) hits the live servers.

Just because they can play the trial for some hours days / weeks before you can doesn't mean that it's an advantage 4 months later when most things are forgotten.
    Edited by Seraphayel on February 7, 2017 7:46AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Eweroun
    Eweroun
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eweroun wrote: »
    are they all Americans, or also Europeans? ... cause, facing reality... Best players are on EUserver, no? ;)

wouldn't know, show me.....oh wait! the EU server is offline :trollface:
    Eweroun wrote: »
    are they all Americans, or also Europeans? ... cause, facing reality... Best players are on EUserver, no? ;)

wouldn't know, show me.....oh wait! the EU server is offline :trollface:

although I know you're trolling... still, watching the leaderbords... even if PC-server was out for let's say half a year, we would still have top scores on the trials...
    |Lunar Lattice - Guildmaster / Fullmoon group raidlead|
    |Potato Knights - former core member|
    |former dd-"The Phoenix Reborn", former raidlead "Omnia Vincit /Playdead"|

clears: vCrag HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM (+2) - vCR+3 - vSS HM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

World firsts don't matter, they don't indicate anything because it's never a level playing field given that not everyone is able to begin to see the content at the same time no matter how new content is unveiled.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't get a call ** sulks in corner** hehehe I could have quite easily taken time of work and be ready for the 22 hour flight :smiley: anyway hope all goes well.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question is just how many of these special guests are khajiit?

Anyway whoever you are drink all their booze, sleep on their desks, chew a few wires and scratch the furniture from this one yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • YoloWizard
    YoloWizard
    ✭✭✭
    GilGalad wrote: »
    @Asayre would you mind if I ask if you will be there?
    You are the one with the deepest understanding of the calculations and balancing problems inside the community. If they didn't invite you I would be really surprised.

I really hope he got invited. He deserves hands down
    RETIRED

World First Vet Maw Of Lorkhaj Clear
    World First Vet Halls of Fabrication Clear
    World First Vet Asylum Sanctorium +2 Clear

World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (YT)
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by pattyLtd on February 7, 2017 1:11PM
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buhahahah!!! The "list" of people that have stated they were going or invited just shows how OUT OF TOUCH the dev team is with what is really happening in the game. Hope they were just invited to play test and not give actual input/recommendations on anything game changing.

Wow this is actually huge, big step towards using player feedback. Battlegrounds will add a new level of depth to the balance of the game, and the current way of "break everything every 6 months" is not going to work, looking forward to hear about the results of this playstest.

Now wait to crybabies complaining about "they are going to change the game to please a few streamers blablablabla"

They did this before, even going as far as to hold private ts/skype sessions with top pvp/pve guilds and that did nothing for the game. Still broken, suggestions were made and ignored, questions were avoided.. Was told to be the biggest waste of time.
    TLDR: Game is dying, Camelot Unchained advancing at a decent pace. All they are trying to do is save some playerbase from fleeing by inviting their biggest youtubers/twitchers etc..

The game population has grown and camelit unchained are currently still looking for funds to advance their game after 6 years in the same stage (Though I will certainly try it if it ever comes)

DC EU Nightblade
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭

do you have any oceanic?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
  • Cîanai
    Cîanai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »

No, they don't have to tell you this because it doesn't matter. Trials need to be tested to work when they're released.

They released 4 trials without this player testing and they all were playable. You should have in mind that ZOS dungeon team test all the new content as well.
    Seraphayel wrote: »

Just because they can play the trial for some hours days / weeks before you can doesn't mean that it's an advantage 4 months later when most things are forgotten.

Sure, they will forget everything they've seen in these 4 months. You don't really think so, do you?
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The game population has grown and camelit unchained are currently still looking for funds to advance their game after 6 years in the same stage (Though I will certainly try it if it ever comes)

Don't feed the troll. Let him starve in his tiny little doomed blackness.