The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The reactions to the new expansion - Morrowind

• AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    old_mufasa wrote: »

/facepalm

they refered to morrowind as the largest dlc to date..

I take it you didn't watch the twitch stream..

Nope, I didn't watch the livestream. Do you know why? Because random things slipping out of a mouth in a video does not automatically trump a print marketing campaign that has obviously been in production for months. Look at the promotions. Look at the box art and DLC presentation. Look at the official announcement. These took a significant amount of time to create and make ready for announcement on the website.

Yet some jerk-off on a livestream accidentally says the word DLC and you take that as official stance. I guarantee you they were reprimanded after the livestream shut off.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    What if you agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any car they offered at the time and in the future. Then one day, they release the car of your dreams and you expect to have access to drive that car. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, this is actually an automobile, not a car, so you'll have to pay full price for this one.'

That actually sounds like reality. If you sign a contract to buy car A and the company releases car B a week later, you're still on the hook to pay for car A and you don't get to drive car B simply because you're paying for car A.

The contract was for BMW+ :)
    PC-NA
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »

/facepalm

Yet some jerk-off on a livestream accidentally says the word DLC and you take that as official stance. I guarantee you they were reprimanded after the livestream shut off.

Umm, that was either @ZOS_RichLambert or @ZOS_PaulSage, since they were presenting the live stream. Not exactly jerk-offs bud.
    PC-NA
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/facepalm

Umm, that was either @ZOS_RichLambert or @ZOS_PaulSage, since they were presenting the live stream. Not exactly jerk-offs bud.

SO it was a high-paid executive jerk-off. Jerk-offs are jerk-offs regardless of their position. A gaffe is a gaffe no matter who says it.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must say I'm with OP on this one, people being so salty about having to buy the expansion. $15 a month for eso plus and it gives you crowns worth $15, and the crafting bag among other things, which I think is totally worth it. I have a great time on this game and I don't mind kicking the devs $15 a month and paying for Morrowind, please people calm down.

Quite so.

I doubt if many of those complaining are even subscribers, they're just the usual complainers who never quite got round to quitting when they said they would over B2P, and never got round to quitting again when they said they would over Crown Crates. They haven't got round to quitting once more over their disappointment with the housing, and they're not quitting finally over Morrowind, just talking about cancelling the subscription most of them probably never had in the first place :wink: !
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I must say I'm with OP on this one, people being so salty about having to buy the expansion. $15 a month for eso plus and it gives you crowns worth $15, and the crafting bag among other things, which I think is totally worth it. I have a great time on this game and I don't mind kicking the devs $15 a month and paying for Morrowind, please people calm down.

Quite so.

I doubt if many of those complaining are even subscribers, they're just the usual complainers who never quite got round to quitting when they said they would over B2P, and never got round to quitting again when they said they would over Crown Crates. They haven't got round to quitting once more over their disappointment with the housing, and they're not quitting finally over Morrowind, just talking about cancelling the subscription most of them probably never had in the first place :wink: !

The value for the entertainment time I get for the money I spend... is probably the best value I have in my life...
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What if you agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any car they offered at the time and in the future. Then one day, they release the car of your dreams and you expect to have access to drive that car. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, this is actually an automobile, not a car, so you'll have to pay full price for this one.'

Except for the fact that this analogy is bad and a complete lie.

FACT: ZOS never promised that ESO+ gave you the ability to play free* all content that will ever be produced, ever, until the end of time.

This is a better analogy for you blockheads:

You agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any sedan released at no extra charge. Then one day, they release an awesome SUV and you expect to have access to drive that SUV. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, that's an SUV, not a Sedan.

All car companies are in agreement the differences between a Sedan and SUV. Just because you choose to disagree with what an SUV is, doesn't mean you are right. You aren't the decision-maker.

Everyone in the videogame world knows, and agrees, on the distinction between DLC and Expansion. Get with the program.

Maybe you need to read what the ESO plus said it would be giving...

eso-plus.jpg

It said ALL DOWN LOADABLE CONTENT...

Morrowind is down loadable content...

So better analogy for you tiny minded people is

You agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any sedan released at no extra charge. Then one day, they release a green sedan's as green Sedan XL edition and you expect to have access to drive what is a sedan. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, that's an Sedan XL, not a Sedan.

Just because they relabel it does not change that it's down loadable content.

Morrowind is also an expansion not just a Dlc, also I believe they are treating ESO plus just like WoW / Swtor though where you have to wait 6 months in order to play it if you have a sub without paying for it on day 1.

Access to downloadable content means you will get access to it but not right away, their is no claim for you to get it on day 1 with just a sub.
    Edited by Cpt_Teemo on February 1, 2017 1:12AM
  • Libonotus
    Libonotus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's in a store it does not constitute DLC. It's like saying ESO+ members should get the Digital version of the game for free cause it on Steam/Xbox/PsN stores. It's for sale in real world stores therefore does not constitute a DLC
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FACT: ZOS never promised that ESO+ gave you the ability to play free* all content that will ever be produced, ever, until the end of time.

You agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any sedan released at no extra charge. Then one day, they release an awesome SUV and you expect to have access to drive that SUV. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, that's an SUV, not a Sedan.

All car companies are in agreement the differences between a Sedan and SUV. Just because you choose to disagree with what an SUV is, doesn't mean you are right. You aren't the decision-maker.

Everyone in the videogame world knows, and agrees, on the distinction between DLC and Expansion. Get with the program.

eso-plus.jpg

You agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any sedan released at no extra charge. Then one day, they release a green sedan's as green Sedan XL edition and you expect to have access to drive what is a sedan. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, that's an Sedan XL, not a Sedan.

Downloadable Content. DLC. Downloadable Content. DLC. Downloadable Content. DLC. DownLoadable Content. How is this confusing? DLC has always, for years, been handled separately from Expansions, in every single MMO produced.

The difference being virtually no other company has flat out suddenly decided to say FU after promising all downloadable content not to mention regardless of what you think you know.. an expansion is still a DLC its just bigger. It used to be that only WoW dealt in expansions in an MMO product now they set the trend everyone thinks any business model can just drop expansion payment whenever they please even if their prior statements and prior promises contradict what is presented.

WoW is unique in the sense that its the only business model that has worked in the way it has continuously for the longest time. If they followed the suit of wow I would of happily kept subbing and brought the expo but nobody likes to be lied to.

Never promise one thing and do another. You can call this whatever you want, but it is still...Down Loadable Content. DLC. Welcome to the digital age.

They even changed the damned thing overnight ffs.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

eso-plus.jpg

Downloadable Content. DLC. Downloadable Content. DLC. Downloadable Content. DLC. DownLoadable Content. How is this confusing? DLC has always, for years, been handled separately from Expansions, in every single MMO produced.

The difference being virtually no other company has flat out suddenly decided to say FU after promising all downloadable content not to mention regardless of what you think you know.. an expansion is still a DLC its just bigger. It used to be that only WoW dealt in expansions in an MMO product now they set the trend everyone thinks any business model can just drop expansion payment whenever they please even if their prior statements and prior promises contradict what is presented.

WoW is unique in the sense that its the only business model that has worked in the way it has continuously for the longest time. If they followed the suit of wow I would of happily kept subbing and brought the expo but nobody likes to be lied to.

Never promise one thing and do another. You can call this whatever you want, but it is still...Down Loadable Content. DLC. Welcome to the digital age.

They even changed the damned thing overnight ffs.

Again, there is no sktechyness to this at all it claims you will obtain the dlc but doesn't say when if your a sub,

IE: WoW you do not get access to previous expansions unless the next expansion comes out if you do not pay for it.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaShadow wrote: »

eso-plus.jpg

Technically you'll still be DOWNLOADING Morrowind, so technically it IS downloadable content.
    Technically, you're wrong. This is the first one since the original release that is available with a hard copy of the game, i.e. a disk, and is available with physical items. So this becomes an Expansion, not just DLC.
    If the majority of you forum trolls had played anything besides Hello Kitty Island you might understand this.

I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ioulaum wrote: »
    Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

And spare me your tales of your righteous crusades against corporate money grabbing.
    If you think something is not worth the price, don't buy it!

It's that easy.

You think it looks good and you will get a lot of entertainment for the announced price. That's okay.
    You think that you are being scammed and you won't get enough for the price. That's okay as well.

What is not okay is behaving like a bunch of manchildren over 40$.
    And yes I realize that this amount of money is quite large for people in some countries. But as with anything else - if you can't afford it, don't buy it. I can't afford a BMW. I don't *** and complain on the BMW forums that their cars are too expensive for me.

you betta PREACH!
    ****Master Healer...****
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

Technically you'll still be DOWNLOADING Morrowind, so technically it IS downloadable content.
    Technically, you're wrong. This is the first one since the original release that is available with a hard copy of the game, i.e. a disk, and is available with physical items. So this becomes an Expansion, not just DLC.
    If the majority of you forum trolls had played anything besides Hello Kitty Island you might understand this.

WTF is Hello Kitty Island???

The DLC can be downloaded (and used via disk as you say). I guess you're ignoring the fact that those who digitally upgrade will be DOWNLOADING the update not using a disk, therefore, it's a DLC.

Expansion/DLC. It is just a name. ZOS are calling it an expansion to get more money out of people, all these collectables are simply pulling on people's nostalgia from the old days.

I don't know what trolling you're talking about, point out the facts is NOT trolling. Facts are facts. If you refuse to believe the facts take your 'alternative facts' elsewhere.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • Thealteregoroman
    Thealteregoroman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    You can not levitate in ESO... xD

A shame, but some can: :(
    jd4t9se.png
    Though maybe no much.

are you waiting for your levitating emote like me?
    ****Master Healer...****
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cost is standard for MMORPG expansions. You still get all past/present/future DLC plus other bonuses with sub. The really funny thing are the nerf Warden threads when we only know the general theme of the class skill lines.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • melloni_aleb16_ESO
    melloni_aleb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    reactions ?

They Have Solved the Problem of the lag? ..no
    They Have Solved the Problem of broken cc? ....no
    They have improved the time of the CC immunity? ...no
    They solved the problem of heavy armour in PvP? ..no , they have weakened the heavy armor but the medium has remained the same
    They solved the problem of the build proc? ...NY..boh...perhaps
    They have correct destru ulti staff ..to prevent the pvp is one silly spam this ulti?? NO

etc..etc..ect . Before inserting a new class ... or invent new mechanics ( ice staff for block -.- ) ; correct what is not working !

60 euro for the expansion ?! you are crazy

DC|EP|AD EU .:. Claymore - all classes DK/Sorc/Nb/templar .: Retired :.
    DC NA server with 400 ping - DKs Vraccàs

Philosophy of the poor .: "What you cannot beat ..zerg him " :.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

WTF is Hello Kitty Island???

The DLC can be downloaded (and used via disk as you say). I guess you're ignoring the fact that those who digitally upgrade will be DOWNLOADING the update not using a disk, therefore, it's a DLC.

Expansion/DLC. It is just a name. ZOS are calling it an expansion to get more money out of people, all these collectables are simply pulling on people's nostalgia from the old days.

I don't know what trolling you're talking about, point out the facts is NOT trolling. Facts are facts. If you refuse to believe the facts take your 'alternative facts' elsewhere.
    Oh, well, since you put it that way I guess since I DOWNLOADED the original ESO at relase instead of getting a physical copy of it I should get a refund because I had to pay for it....

• FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And spare me your tales of your righteous crusades against corporate money grabbing.

It's that easy.

You think it looks good and you will get a lot of entertainment for the announced price. That's okay.
    You think that you are being scammed and you won't get enough for the price. That's okay as well.

And yes I realize that this amount of money is quite large for people in some countries. But as with anything else - if you can't afford it, don't buy it. I can't afford a BMW. I don't *** and complain on the BMW forums that their cars are too expensive for me.

What's wrong with us?

If the state of the game progresses how it is, it's not the price nor ESO+. It's the fact that there's some potential for some major balancing issues. Are they going to cater to those that don't have the expansion? Or are they going to cater to those who do? I guarantee it's that second one. Am I still getting it? Yeah. But I feel the concern for those who aren't.

Edit: And until I see some sanity coming with Homestead (which if you've been on there and tested CCs, you'd see they're broken) fixes after it goes live? I'm going to continue to be skeptical of the moves they're making. Had this been Blizzard or some other reputable company? I'd have more confidence. But the current devs? I don't think so.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on February 1, 2017 2:00AM
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plain text:
    This is legal.

eso-plus.jpg

Morrowind is also an expansion not just a Dlc, also I believe they are treating ESO plus just like WoW / Swtor though where you have to wait 6 months in order to play it if you have a sub without paying for it on day 1.

Access to downloadable content means you will get access to it but not right away, their is no claim for you to get it on day 1 with just a sub.

This isn't.

eso-plus.jpg

Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone explain to me how this "expansion" differs so much from the Wrothgar "expansion" that also brought a new land mass, new gameplay modes (Maelstrom), etc.

Also explain to me why that twitch girl said Morrowwind would bring her back to her childhood.

LzqHVJY.jpg

Her twitch page says she's 26, morrowwind was 15 years ago. So she played Morrowwind when she was 11? LOL.
    I know some of you folks hate negativity on the forums but sometimes the BS stacks so high you have to call it for what it is.
    • There is no difference BTW DLC and "Expansion"
    • Morrowwind is a slightly bigger Orsinium.
    • ZOS wants their 2017 Q2 report to have new money on it, not from existing crowns.
    • No way that girl played morrowwind at launch.

End of story. We've been Bamboozeled.
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone explain to me how this "expansion" differs so much from the Wrothgar "expansion" that also brought a new land mass, new gameplay modes (Maelstrom), etc.

Also explain to me why that twitch girl said Morrowwind would bring her back to her childhood.

LzqHVJY.jpg

Her twitch page says she's 26, morrowwind was 15 years ago. So she played Morrowwind when she was 11? LOL.
    I know some of you folks hate negativity on the forums but sometimes the BS stacks so high you have to call it for what it is.
    • ZOS wants their 2017 Q2 report to have new money on it, not from existing crowns.

My son was 7 when he played Morrowwind, so what the hell is so hard to believe she played it as an 11 year old...?

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LzqHVJY.jpg

My son was 7 when he played Morrowwind, so what the hell is so hard to believe she played it as an 11 year old...?

possible but unlikely, if they really did get someone that had actually played the game to interview them then good for them. Though I don't think that's how ZOS rolls. Feels too much like marketing.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 1, 2017 2:17AM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LzqHVJY.jpg

omg. she did not say she played it at launch. she said she played it as a child.

here's something that will blow your mind. I personaly didn't even HAVE morrowind and barely knew of its existence (played other games at a time) until around Skyrim launch. there was so much chatter about Skyrim from a bunch of friends of mine about how awesome it is and how awesome Elder scrolls in general are, especially morrowind, that I personaly literally didn't buy it until release of skyrim because of that chatter. NOT EVERYONE PLAYS GAMES FOR THE FIRST TIME AT LAUNCH. for god's sakes.

this is why people are so upset. because they take words and see something into them that was never there to begin with.

also. aside from size - Wrothgar etc doesn't have a physical edition. DLC's tend to be digital only with rare exceptions of console game of the year bundles (and even then - I believe you still have to download them, its just the disc reads as complete edition rather then requiring you to add the code for DLC to your account) Expansions for larger games at least - come in physical edition form.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LzqHVJY.jpg

possible but unlikely, if they really did get someone that had actually played the game to interview them then good for them. Though I don't think that's how ZOS rolls. Feels too much like marketing.

My son is 6 and he plays ESO and Borderlands 2... so I don't understand what this has to do with anything... Also where did she say she played it on release?
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

LzqHVJY.jpg

omg. she did not say she played it at launch. she said she played it as a child.

here's something that will blow your mind. I personaly didn't even HAVE morrowind and barely knew of its existence (played other games at a time) until around Skyrim launch. there was so much chatter about Skyrim from a bunch of friends of mine about how awesome it is and how awesome Elder scrolls in general are, especially morrowind, that I personaly literally didn't buy it until release of skyrim because of that chatter. NOT EVERYONE PLAYS GAMES FOR THE FIRST TIME AT LAUNCH. for god's sakes.

this is why people are so upset. because they take words and see something into them that was never there to begin with.

also. aside from size - Wrothgar etc doesn't have a physical edition. DLC's tend to be digital only with rare exceptions of console game of the year bundles (and even then - I believe you still have to download them, its just the disc reads as complete edition rather then requiring you to add the code for DLC to your account) Expansions for larger games at least - come in physical edition form.

So its an expansion because it has a physical disk? So anytime ZOS wants to cheat subscribers out of crowns, they can just provide a physical disk and BAM, its not a DLC. Cant use crowns for it. More padding for their Q2 numbers.
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭

LzqHVJY.jpg

Not sure what is so hard to believe here, I played Morrowind and loved it when it launched on Xbox and I'm 27. Really isn't a stretch.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I dont give a *** about the content and the class, allthough the class will be overpowered and pay to win but anyway. It's the raiding groups that are forced to pay for the trial, even though they are eso plus members. Think before you post ***.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

LzqHVJY.jpg

So its an expansion because it has a physical disk? So anytime ZOS wants to cheat subscribers out of crowns, they can just provide a physical disk and BAM, its not a DLC. Cant use crowns for it. More padding for their Q2 numbers.

of for the love of. its also reputably much larger and comes with a whole bunch of goodies and apparently is separate from DLC schedule. and no one is cheating you out of crowns. you still have your crowns.

last but not least. if its anything like guild wars (or heck even DLC's in ESO right now) there will be no new level or gear cap. new CP cap most likely. now. if I'm wrong? THEN we can complain. but dear god, people saw a warden in a trailer a TRAILER and are already calling it OP, and has to be nerfed. there is so much jumping to conclusions here, its terrifying.
    I dont give a *** about the content and the class, allthough the class will be overpowered and pay to win but anyway. It's the raiding groups that are forced to pay for the trial, even though they are eso plus members. Think before you post ***.

there is so much wrong with this post, where do I even start. you know NOTHING about the class. its no more pay to win than buying acess to wrothgar to gain acess to crafting julianos set is pay to win. if expansion is pay to win, then so is ESO plus. calling expansion and new class that comes with it - pay to win, is reaching so hard I don't even. moreover - you not caring about all the content that comes with expansion, doesn't change that it has all this content and other people care about it. when you got DLC's - you didn't just get acess to trials. you got acess to all the content that comes with it. its kinda how it goes.

I wonder... just for how many people here ESO is the first MMO?
    Edited by Linaleah on February 1, 2017 5:19AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's that easy.

Yeah.. I'm completely with you OP. I just can't even grasp the concept that an expansion would be part of the sub..
    ZOS must feel like this is a nightmare they want to wake up from.. They made this awesome expansion, charged a reasonable price for it, offered several versions (price ranges), and people are upset they don't get it for free or can't buy it with crowns...

I'd like to add.. at least for me.. ESO is the only MMO I have ever played that has sales on their cash shop credits.. gives their subscribers crows/credits to use to either buy DLC content or stuff in their shop. MMOs like WOW and FFXIV just offer certain bonuses to subbing... and always charge for expansions.

I have to reiterate what the OP already said really.... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!!!!!!
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on February 1, 2017 5:25AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody is complaining about the $40.

People are complaining that ZOS changed their revenue model, leaving people who previously paid $180 a year to dry. These players expected that all future content would be included in their sub, or that they would be able to purchase future content with the crowns received from their sub. Neither is true in this case.

These are the people that supported this game through the years, and now they're getting a cold shoulder from ZOS.

Can we stop with the strawman arguments?
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 1, 2017 5:26AM