The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The reactions to the new expansion - Morrowind

Ioulaum
Ioulaum
✭✭
Seriously, what is wrong with you people?

And spare me your tales of your righteous crusades against corporate money grabbing.
If you think something is not worth the price, don't buy it!

It's that easy.

You think it looks good and you will get a lot of entertainment for the announced price. That's okay.
You think that you are being scammed and you won't get enough for the price. That's okay as well.

What is not okay is behaving like a bunch of manchildren over 40$.
And yes I realize that this amount of money is quite large for people in some countries. But as with anything else - if you can't afford it, don't buy it. I can't afford a BMW. I don't *** and complain on the BMW forums that their cars are too expensive for me.

• andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot walk into Louis Vuitton with $10 in your pocket and expect to walk out with a bag.
    Edited by andreasranasen on January 31, 2017 11:58PM
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You cannot walk into Louis Vuitton with $10 in your pocket and expect to walk out with a bag.

Unless you've maxed out your Legerdemain tree...
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »

Unless you've maxed out your Legerdemain tree...

Awesome!
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if you agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any car they offered at the time and in the future. Then one day, they release the car of your dreams and you expect to have access to drive that car. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, this is actually an automobile, not a car, so you'll have to pay full price for this one.'
    PC-NA
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can not levitate in ESO... xD
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because what I've gathered of 3 years plus on these forums is that people love complaining. They absolutely love it.

I wonder where all these people would go and complain if ESO shut down ... Release them all into the wilds, they can go and take up customer service desks in shops everywhere and continue the circle of complaining.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ioulaum wrote: »

And spare me your tales of your righteous crusades against corporate money grabbing.

It's that easy.

You think it looks good and you will get a lot of entertainment for the announced price. That's okay.
    You think that you are being scammed and you won't get enough for the price. That's okay as well.

And yes I realize that this amount of money is quite large for people in some countries. But as with anything else - if you can't afford it, don't buy it. I can't afford a BMW. I don't *** and complain on the BMW forums that their cars are too expensive for me.

Take your own advice and grow up..

There is nothing wrong holding accountable a company when it claims that all DLC will be given to ESO plus members then turn around and charge them. Not even EA did that to SWTOR sub members.. they kept there word and give all DLC and expansions to there monthly sub members...

On top of that they said that sub members would be getting 4 dlc a year with the membership.. well unless they have 4 more on top of Morrowind they are going against there agreement...

Maybe when you grow up and understand that when you pay for a service that said certain obligation will be met per year and they renege on said obligation the consumer has every right to complain.
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ioulaum wrote: »

It's that easy.

And they are selling this cheaper than housing? Something seems odd about that.
  • Darth_Savage
    I must say I'm with OP on this one, people being so salty about having to buy the expansion. $15 a month for eso plus and it gives you crowns worth $15, and the crafting bag among other things, which I think is totally worth it. I have a great time on this game and I don't mind kicking the devs $15 a month and paying for Morrowind, please people calm down.
    Edited by Darth_Savage on February 1, 2017 12:07AM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    Because what I've gathered of 3 years plus on these forums is that people love complaining. They absolutely love it.

I wonder where all these people would go and complain if ESO shut down ... Release them all into the wilds, they can go and take up customer service desks in shops everywhere and continue the circle of complaining.

As long as they got whiteknights around,who cares right?
    Edited by Mojmir on February 1, 2017 12:08AM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Look on the bright side,

You would have nothing to do if there weren't people here complaining.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Yes. Anyone who likes this game must be a white knight, right?

0/10 for originality dude. :smile:
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if you agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any car they offered at the time and in the future. Then one day, they release the car of your dreams and you expect to have access to drive that car. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, this is actually an automobile, not a car, so you'll have to pay full price for this one.'

Except for the fact that this analogy is bad and a complete lie.

FACT: ZOS never promised that ESO+ gave you the ability to play free* all content that will ever be produced, ever, until the end of time.

This is a better analogy for you blockheads:

You agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any sedan released at no extra charge. Then one day, they release an awesome SUV and you expect to have access to drive that SUV. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, that's an SUV, not a Sedan.

All car companies are in agreement the differences between a Sedan and SUV. Just because you choose to disagree with what an SUV is, doesn't mean you are right. You aren't the decision-maker.

Everyone in the videogame world knows, and agrees, on the distinction between DLC and Expansion. Get with the program.
    Edited by AlMcFly on February 1, 2017 12:10AM
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can not levitate in ESO... xD

A shame, but some can: :(
    jd4t9se.png
    Though maybe no much.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on February 1, 2017 12:11AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It boggles my mind that most of these "subbers" want free content and at the same time they want... no demand quality content...just so you know there would be no game to complain about if players cant keep the game solvent... I am a subber btw...
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Compared to most entertainment such as going to a movie or concert this is a bargain when you look at cost per hour being entertained. If they can kick out something we can go right into and enjoy without it being really buggy I don't mind the extra cost.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlMcFly wrote: »

FACT: ZOS never promised that ESO+ gave you the ability to play free* all content that will ever be produced, ever, until the end of time.

You agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any sedan released at no extra charge. Then one day, they release an awesome SUV and you expect to have access to drive that SUV. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, that's an SUV, not a Sedan.

All car companies are in agreement the differences between a Sedan and SUV. Just because you choose to disagree with what an SUV is, doesn't mean you are right. You aren't the decision-maker.

Everyone in the videogame world knows, and agrees, on the distinction between DLC and Expansion. Get with the program.

Cool
    Edited by Moloch1514 on February 1, 2017 12:38AM
    PC-NA
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I am super excited about it myself :smiley: A couple of my guildies even went onto the eso website to try and pre-order as soon as the stream had ended and then we all got on discord to release our excitement about it :lol: So not everyone has had a negative reaction :smile:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you steal it, of course. You can use the $10 for a get-away taxi.
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    SadieJoan wrote: »
    Well, I am super excited about it myself :smiley: A couple of my guildies even went onto the eso website to try and pre-order as soon as the stream had ended and then we all got on discord to release our excitement about it :lol: So not everyone has had a negative reaction :smile:

Personally i'm really excited about it - reliving my youth in a modern game that I love and probably spend way too much time in!

And i'm sure many others feel the same. Just beggars belief how it's all been presented really!

It'll all blow over and most of us will buy the whatever-it-is anyway, i'm sure!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Anyone who likes this game must be a white knight, right?

0/10 for originality dude. :smile:

Much like yourself,this isn't the first time you've complained about complainers. But yea sadly some people only see things one way,sorry you took offense.
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭

Maybe you need to read what the ESO plus said it would be giving...

eso-plus.jpg

It said ALL DOWN LOADABLE CONTENT...

Morrowind is down loadable content...

So better analogy for you tiny minded people is

You agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any sedan released at no extra charge. Then one day, they release a green sedan's as green Sedan XL edition and you expect to have access to drive what is a sedan. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, that's an Sedan XL, not a Sedan.

Just because they relabel it does not change that it's down loadable content.
  • AlMcFly
    AlMcFly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    old_mufasa wrote: »

eso-plus.jpg

You agreed to pay BMW a monthly fee and in return you could drive any sedan released at no extra charge. Then one day, they release a green sedan's as green Sedan XL edition and you expect to have access to drive what is a sedan. However, BMW says, 'Sorry, that's an Sedan XL, not a Sedan.

Downloadable Content. DLC. Downloadable Content. DLC. Downloadable Content. DLC. DownLoadable Content. How is this confusing? DLC has always, for years, been handled separately from Expansions, in every single MMO produced.
    Edited by AlMcFly on February 1, 2017 12:37AM
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

Downloadable Content. DLC. Downloadable Content. DLC. Downloadable Content. DLC. DownLoadable Content. How is this confusing? DLC has always, for years, been handled separately from Expansions, in every single MMO produced.

/facepalm

they refered to morrowind as the largest dlc to date..

I take it you didn't watch the twitch stream..
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sometimes their Knight in shining armour is just a *** in tin foil
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

What about "New Chapters" because that is what ZOS is calling this in the marketing.
    PC-NA
  • Chadak
    Chadak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bahahaha.

Like anyone cares what we think.

Most will buy it, complainingly or happily. The only comment that ever mattered was measured in $$$.

Speak with your money. Everything else is wasted pixels.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That actually sounds like reality. If you sign a contract to buy car A and the company releases car B a week later, you're still on the hook to pay for car A and you don't get to drive car B simply because you're paying for car A.

You would still need to buy car B separately.
    Edited by srfrogg23 on February 1, 2017 12:48AM
  • Ioulaum
    Ioulaum
    ✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

Well, if it's so clear you should hire a lawyer and sue Zenimax.
    Let's see how this goes.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso-plus.jpg

Technically you'll still be DOWNLOADING Morrowind, so technically it IS downloadable content.
    PC NA - EPHS