Morrowind...and ESO+

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This new update is DLC. ZOS isn't tricking anyone here. If ESO+ won't give access to it, it means ZOS can be sued for false advertising. It doesn't matter what ZOS calls it, it still is DLC.

Thing is, who is going to do it?

Edited by Davor on January 31, 2017 10:04PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Attackopsn wrote: »
    Typhoios wrote: »
    Xsorus wrote: »
    I have ESO plus

This is an expansion..not the same as a DLC

Except 30 hours of content isn't really that much. The map might be twice the size of Wrothgar, but with Red Mountain we don't actually know how much will be usable terrain. People are acting like this is some huge expansion and has some incredible scope, but it really doesn't. Not from what they have told us so far. People are acting like we are getting a whole new games worth of content. We aren't.

I think every pvper ever disagrees with you

All those tight spaces in battle grounds is just gonna be a feeding frenzy for destro ults and blazing shield plars, GG.

Trash company with trash tactics.

All small scales instanced pvp does is highlight even further the issues involved in pvp in this game
    Options
  • JasonSR0331
    So can we buy with the crowns we get from subbing??? If not that's a kick in the face cause we could with all the pervious DLC's ....
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just cut two subscriptions. I am not paying any more than the subs from the DLCs, whatever ZOS tries to call them. When they have lost the money from sub i can buy the rip-offs with saved money and continue the subs after that. The loss of craftbag will hurt, but they overstepped the line.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This new update is DLC. ZOS isn't tricking anyone here. If ESO+ won't give access to it, it means ZOS can be sued for false advertising. It doesn't matter what ZOS calls it, it still is DLC.

Probably yes... and not for "advertising"... the access to all future DLC is part of the ToS, that means, of the contract. Even though I'm sure they've competent lawyers there who studied the situation.
    That being said, if someone sues ZOS, I'd be extremely curious of the outcome. It's tricky.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 31, 2017 10:06PM
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bought all the dlcs with crowns I've gained with my sub but now I get two patches that haven't had any Dlc to go straight into now expansion packs , Eso plus basically now is a crafting bag and not really sure if that is worth the money
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So can we buy with the crowns we get from subbing??? If not that's a kick in the face cause we could with all the pervious DLC's ....
    You can't.
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like Zenimax are tricking a lot of people here.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rynth wrote: »
    lol have none of you played an MMO before? Lol you act this is first time that sub's have had to purchase an expansion for an MMO. Get over yourselves we as sub's get all dlc for free in a way, we get bag to hold all our resources, we get the 10 percent xp boost, etc.

This is an expansion not a DLC there is a big difference

Nope this is the first for me. Doesn't mean I don't feel *** on. 2 years is a long time to play one game and many have been playing for much longer. I love ESO but I don't like ZOS. WE PAY FOR THIS GAME. I think we should all sack ZOS and start taking interviews for a better developer LoL. Afterall what have they done but expand on the genius of Bethesda's elder scrolls? Theyre in it for the money. Not the lore or the gaming experience IMO. Just the money, and they're preying on the best of us. The Elder scrolls fanatics who are desperately trying to keep this game alive.

Of course they're in it for the money... if they weren't than there would be no game and their stock holders would find people who would be in it for money...
    People like to romanticize video games, but if they weren't making any money, there would be no game... Bethesda and ZOS or any company for that matter isn't in the video game business for the lore... if they aren't making money trust me ESO would no longer be an option so this would solve a lot of the QQing, since that game would cease to exist
    Options
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

I'm not leaving. But I'm likely not renewing my two subs until after Morrowind release, and possibly not even then.
    That's a net loss to ZOS, for anyone who can math.

I am not leaving either, my subscription will expire sometime after Morrowind so I will get to see how things pan out. That is the great thing about the sub, if I so choose, I don't have to renew.

Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, we can't. Gina said it : Morrowind will NOT be in the Crown Store.
    Options
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    bantad87 wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Whilst in this instance I think the price is reasonable for a one-off upgrade, given that it is the first time in basically 2 years since release on console. But how do we know that future 'DLC' that had been included in our monthly subscriptions won't all of a sudden start to be renamed as 'expansions'?

It sets a precedent that could mean the one of the main perks of subscribing is being taken away, or at least reduced if 'expansions' take up more of the release cycle that would have previously been dedicated to DLC.

They will be Morrowind dlc's, so they will require Morrowind and eco +. This will work for 3 or 4 dlc releases, then chapter 3 will come out, requiring another $$ upgrade.

But his point still stands. What if an ESO+ member doesn't buy Morrowind. Then you are paying for content you cannot access, which again reduces the value of ESO+ significantly.

I agree. Having eco + and not Morrowind, would be a waste.

With ESO + you're not paying for content. You're paying the price of 1500 crowns but with the added benefit of some access to certain types of content, plus 10% character progression. You get more from an ESO + membership then you would normally get from that $15 in the crown store. ESO + is a bargain - one that any smart player who buys crowns should take advantage of. Duh.

Except crown packs are sometimes on sale. 5500 for $22. In other words, with patience, you can get 4000 more crowns for only $7 more.

So? It's called a sale for a reason. I can go to Best Buy and purchase a laptop today for $1,000 - or I can purchase that same laptop on sale for $700 on sale.
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I have ESO plus

Except 30 hours of content isn't really that much. The map might be twice the size of Wrothgar, but with Red Mountain we don't actually know how much will be usable terrain. People are acting like this is some huge expansion and has some incredible scope, but it really doesn't. Not from what they have told us so far. People are acting like we are getting a whole new games worth of content. We aren't.

All those tight spaces in battle grounds is just gonna be a feeding frenzy for destro ults and blazing shield plars, GG.

All small scales instanced pvp does is highlight even further the issues involved in pvp in this game

We do not even know what the battlegrounds are going to entail or how they are going to play out. Seriously, they just mention battlefields and you people just go off with trash tactics and unsubbing.

Why not wait until they give more details and announcements? Put the tin foil hats and torches down. Geez
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BoloBoffin wrote: »
    mb10 wrote: »
    lmao why do ESO+ members who pay a few bucks a month think they're entitled to the world?

Get in line and pay the $40 for the expansion

Because that's how the sub was sold to us as?

Reality is, for those of us coming from beta... we expected a monthly fee and expansion packs costing money along with free content updates.

I would have preferred the subscription model be continued all along and in real mmo fashion wouldn't have an issue with paying for expansion packs. With PS4 and Xbox release, I get why it went the way it did.

The real question to ask is: Is Morrowind Online really enough content to justify as an expansion? From casual and incomplete viewing of it so far, I'd say no.

The fairest comparison would be between what's being offered here and World of Warcraft. In Comparison, They really aren't all that different. Wow usually affords you a new race or a new class and new content and the requirement of leveling through that content (which for the most part is a one play through thing). So comparatively, it's close to a wow expansion with the exception of the new zone being a bit less (which isn't a big deal) and not having to re-level and re-gear (which is actually totally a good thing).

If you make the apples to apples comparison of what do you get from eso versus wow if you pay a subscription (eso+).. it's about the same. There are some distinct differences, sure... But, overall.. it's similar with the extreme lack of pve content that eso offers (which matters if pve content matters to you).

Another problem is that people who are subbing didn't get the DLC promised quarterly in both 4th quarter 2016 and 1st quarter 2017. Look in the crown store. The last DLC was the Hist stuff. People like to call game updates given to non-payers like me as 'DLC', but I don't see them in the DLC tab in the crown store. They are just game updates. Subbers have been donating money since the Hist DLC. If they complain about the bait and switch, it isn't because they are cheep as some others have said. It is because if they keep subbing, they will go 3 quarters paying $135 towards Vvardenfell, yet they still get charged another $40.

Hopefully they have saved their overpriced crowns (compared to the regular sale prices) to buy the DLC they will lose access to if they cancel their sub.

$40 is definitely a fair price for this additional content. That is irrelevant to the bait and switch of ESO plus where the "quarterly DLC" they get access to now is always already free or cost additional payment.
    Options
  • bantad87
    bantad87
    ✭✭✭
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    OMG People - Please - Learn to read what I actually post and not just look at the freaking picture.

I KNOW that Morrowind is an "Expansion" and not part of the DLC terms. I've said this multiple times now... *sighs*

What I DO have issue with, is the express statement of their definition of DLC. It clearly states that ALL DLC is avalable via crowns or cash purchase to ALL members of ESO+.

Now....please bare with me, I know words are hard to read and not as easy as pictures....

If I DO NOT buy Morrowind - that is my choice and absolutely fine. HOWEVER!! And this is the important bit folks....

When they DO release further DLC in the crown store, this means that as a ESO+ member - I am legally entitled to it as it IS DLC.

But as I haven't bought Morrowind - I can NOT access it. Even though their own terms and conditions expressly state I can.

Therefore, I'm complaining about the fact Morrowind has become a Paywall to DLC for ESO+ Subscribers.

How do you know you won't be able to access it? Future DLC probably won't have anything to do with Vvardenfell.
    Options
  • MadLarkin
    MadLarkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    To summarize my understanding of this...

*Unless ZOS announces some new DLC tomorrow for subs to accompany the expansion, that will be 3 quarters with no DLC by the time the expansion launches.
    *There's nothing to stop ZOS from locking future DLC for subs behind the expansion.
    *The expansion includes content that was at least somewhat functional as far back as beta?
    *While its true that subs receive access to the crafting bag and a supply of crowns, many purchased it with the understanding it would give them access to all future content ESO had to offer.

So essentially, in order to access the full ESO experience, one would need to purchase the gold edition, the expansion, the monthly sub, spend a fortune in the crown store, and then spend another fortune for the exclusive content in the crown crates. How many more ways can ZOS figure out to charge for things? And I know, I know, much of that is cosmetic or unnecessary, but many people prefer business models where they can confidently say to themselves, "I need to spend $AMOUNT in order to access everything this game has to offer." I don't think wanting that type of security is unreasonable. You can't keep adding new types of content (cosmetic or not) to a game, and keep locking them behind a NEW purchase method. Its beyond shady.

All of that aside, I'd be willing to pay for the majority of that (except for crates, they can burn in Hell), if you guys would at least stop screwing us on things like inventory/bank storage and stop making store-exclusive motifs. It can't be take take take all the time, especially when the excitement of most major announcements is tempered by asinine design decisions, such as the low item limits in homes, or the ridiculous crafting costs of decorations. If you want to charge us in multiple ways simultaneously, fine, but that needs to be backed by feature-rich and polished content, which means there's no excuse for a lack of storage in housing, the copy-paste layouts for much of the housing options, the lingering bugs that many players have reported, a general sense that certain builds are woefully under-powered, or shifty adjustments regarding what you say vs. what you mean.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_MattFiror
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

You don't have to sue. For advertising complaints, there's already the FTC Complaint Assistant.
    signing off
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • Flynch
    Flynch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

You don't have to sue. For advertising complaints, there's already the FTC Complaint Assistant.

Yeah but that particular Assistant is 5k crowns ^^
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    Iselin wrote: »
    Sigtric wrote: »
    I've been subbed the entire time and I don't see what the fuss is all about.

This is how expansions work in the MMO genre. It is standard.

If it was a real expansion clearly distinct from DLC like Orsinium, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

"30 hours of content"
    The Warden from beta revived
    Battlegrounds
    A new raid.

Does that sound like an "expansion" or a rebranded "DLC" to you?

It sounds like an expansion to me.

I've got a bottle of super Pepsi. I'm willing to let it go for $20. You interested?

No thanks, I only spend my cash on value-for-money items. Like Morrowind, for example - cheap at twice what you're asking for a bottle of fizzy drink.
    Options
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    rynth wrote: »
    lol have none of you played an MMO before? Lol you act this is first time that sub's have had to purchase an expansion for an MMO. Get over yourselves we as sub's get all dlc for free in a way, we get bag to hold all our resources, we get the 10 percent xp boost, etc.

This is an expansion not a DLC there is a big difference

Nope this is the first for me. Doesn't mean I don't feel *** on. 2 years is a long time to play one game and many have been playing for much longer. I love ESO but I don't like ZOS. WE PAY FOR THIS GAME. I think we should all sack ZOS and start taking interviews for a better developer LoL. Afterall what have they done but expand on the genius of Bethesda's elder scrolls? Theyre in it for the money. Not the lore or the gaming experience IMO. Just the money, and they're preying on the best of us. The Elder scrolls fanatics who are desperately trying to keep this game alive.

Of course they're in it for the money... if they weren't than there would be no game and their stock holders would find people who would be in it for money...
    People like to romanticize video games, but if they weren't making any money, there would be no game... Bethesda and ZOS or any company for that matter isn't in the video game business for the lore... if they aren't making money trust me ESO would no longer be an option so this would solve a lot of the QQing, since that game would cease to exist

If they're getting as much money out of me as they are everyone else then it's blatant greed and disrespect to loyal customers. I've been with my mobile phone company for years and I get a better deal every year for my loyalty. What does ESO do for ESO+ loyalists? Very little content for months and then slapped in the face with content we have to pay for. It's not on.
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
    Options
  • Merenwen_812
    Merenwen_812
    ✭✭✭
    Flynch wrote: »
    Acrolas wrote: »

Yeah but that particular Assistant is 5k crowns ^^

LOL

Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    Of course they're in it for the money... if they weren't than there would be no game and their stock holders

*pause*

Zenimax doesn't have stock holders because it is not a publicly traded company.
    signing off
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliniel wrote: »
    This is a rip off for ESO+ members. So, basically you're giving us Homestead, which is free for everybody, we got to buy Morrowind and there's maybe a chance of another one or two DLC which also may be free. Why should I be paying for ESO+ besides crafting bag? I can use crown stores to get DLCs (which I don't even need to be honest since I played them through).

You promised more information on this tomorrow. You're walking on a thin ice. Be careful now.

The answer is that you should not have been paying for ESO+. It was always a bad deal for the money, but crafting bags made it feel a little better.
    Options
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I have ESO plus

We do not even know what the battlegrounds are going to entail or how they are going to play out. Seriously, they just mention battlefields and you people just go off with trash tactics and unsubbing.

Why not wait until they give more details and announcements? Put the tin foil hats and torches down. Geez

Bit puzzled by this, not your comment, but having to wait for the article which explains everything properly. It should have gone live the moment the broadcast ended

The announcement was like 30 min total. The girl doing the interview was asking class questions , battlegrounds, dungeons and trial questions. They spoke for a few min on the cost and then that was it. Probably not going into a massive amount of detail to maybe share more with us over the next few months. People wanted more conversation and information from them, maybe this is there way.

Honestly, even if it was free for everyone, people will still have something to complain about.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
    Options
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    Just imagine the rage when they announce the datamined "nordic dungeon pack" for Q2 tomorrow. With that, ESO+ members don't get anything but a few dungeons labeled as dlcs for about a year. Not even the Morrowind expansion dlc. Shame.
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Downloadable? Yes.
    New content? Yes.

Obviously not DLC.

Not DLC because it won't appear in the crown store under DLC.

This also means that One Tamriel was not DLC (and it was kinda silly to call it that).
    Likewise, Homestead is not DLC.

So that means if you sub, you get access to zero additional DLC over 9 months.
    Options
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Options
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Looks like Zenimax are tricking a lot of people here.

how?

it's entirely new.... call it a chapter or an expansion. the other dlc was an addition to the game. you took your pre-existing character into new areas. morrowind is different... you can start a character there.

i've preordered. i have no been tricked.
    Options
  • Tanis-Stormbinder
    Tanis-Stormbinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of the controversy could have been avoided by including an addition digital item for ESO plus members.
    Options