The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Morrowind...and ESO+

• Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Kendo12 wrote: »
    P3ZZL3 wrote: »
    Another question @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror

You specifically mention, in the ESO+ Purchase page, that I will receive ALL Future DLC Content. How will I be receiving ALL of this future DLC Content, when it's locked behind a paywall being Morrowind. You do not exclude additional content via expansions - so legally - I think you have to provide the Morrowind access from a DLC perspective

8keJcet.png

(Disclaimer - not a lawyer - not have I checked these "new" Additional Requirements that seems to be a recent addition....)

Oh snap theres the proof right there

It specifically says "DLC game packs available in the Crown Store" Morrowind will not be available in the Crown Store!

Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG People - Please - Learn to read what I actually post and not just look at the freaking picture.

I KNOW that Morrowind is an "Expansion" and not part of the DLC terms. I've said this multiple times now... *sighs*

What I DO have issue with, is the express statement of their definition of DLC. It clearly states that ALL DLC is avalable via crowns or cash purchase to ALL members of ESO+.

Now....please bare with me, I know words are hard to read and not as easy as pictures....

If I DO NOT buy Morrowind - that is my choice and absolutely fine. HOWEVER!! And this is the important bit folks....

When they DO release further DLC in the crown store, this means that as a ESO+ member - I am legally entitled to it as it IS DLC.

But as I haven't bought Morrowind - I can NOT access it. Even though their own terms and conditions expressly state I can.

Therefore, I'm complaining about the fact Morrowind has become a Paywall to DLC for ESO+ Subscribers.
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • Paraflex
    Paraflex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would pay $40 for battlegrounds any day of the week....this is exciting news
    Hollykills CP 630 Templar Healer - Ad PS4 Warlord Rank

Max Stam/Mag Dk
    Max Stam Sorc
    Max Stam/Mag NB

Don't care to dps much so I heal.

Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Lokryn wrote: »
    You specifically mention, in the ESO+ Purchase page, that I will receive ALL Future DLC Content. How will I be receiving ALL of this future DLC Content, when it's locked behind a paywall being Morrowind.

The answer is quite simple:

DLC != (is not the same as) EXPANSION

Thieves guild is a DLC. Morrowind is an expansion. Sort of like in WoW (or every other sub game), you get things like new raids and features free with your sub, but when Burning Crusade or Wrath or Pandaria or whatever comes out, you do still have to buy that.

Why should ESO be any different?

How much will Expamded DLC's cost then ?
    Options
  • Nefaras
    Nefaras
    ✭✭✭
    people you need to wake up, the real problem is not that eso+ members wont get this because its not a dlc

the problem is they call this thing not a dlc/expansion of the base game instead a "new game"

[snip], they can charge dlcs for the morrowind game again, cause you are eso base game subs not eso morrowind subs get it?

[Edit for flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on January 31, 2017 10:03PM
    Options
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kendo12 wrote: »

You specifically mention, in the ESO+ Purchase page, that I will receive ALL Future DLC Content. How will I be receiving ALL of this future DLC Content, when it's locked behind a paywall being Morrowind. You do not exclude additional content via expansions - so legally - I think you have to provide the Morrowind access from a DLC perspective

8keJcet.png

(Disclaimer - not a lawyer - not have I checked these "new" Additional Requirements that seems to be a recent addition....)

Oh snap theres the proof right there
    What proof? From what I'm reading all this says is that with a sub, you are entitled to any DLC that is IN THE CROWN STORE... no where does ZOS say that you are entitled to ALL FUTURE CONTENT... where do some people come up with this?... at no time has ZOS ever said that we will get ALL FUTURE CONTENT with a sub...
    Options
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

8keJcet.png

Well this is not a DLC nor is it available in the Crownstore. (Disclaimer - I am a lawyer)

It is a dlc. Come on people how can you not call this a dlc? Is it downloadable content that adds onto the base game? Yes it is. If I call a cow a heifer that doesn't mean it isn't a cow.

Price does not matter, has nothing to do with saving money. It has to do with how they have changed things to cheat people.

I am not worried about the 40$ I am worried that I will not receive anymore dlc with my eso+ if they can just change the name of it to cheat me. Who is to say they won't continue to do this with every other content release?

Sorry but this is most definitely downloadable content.
    Options
  • Emencie
    Emencie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emencie wrote: »
    Balamoor wrote: »
    Noooo00000!!!!!!1
    jk :-P

I bet after the anger goes away you'll be running around in Morrowind...because Morrowind and ZoS do the mad sales every now and again.

Very unlikely - but if the sale is good enough who knows. If they had priced it at £20-25 - I actually wouldn't have a problem buying the actual "Expansion". I mainly have the issue of the fact that they clearly are not going to invest in T1 DLC as it makes no sense for them. So they now have a paywall that has hit all subscribers *shrugs*

What Paywall are you talking about?

Also

What MMO are you planning to go to that has Free expansions?

SWG had paid expansions that became free when the next expansion was released.

SWTOR's expansions are all free to subs.

Holy crap you are right...

I honestly forgot about SWTOR's expansions. And I literally just played through one.

Beat it in a weekend... I forgot they called those things expansions.

I suppose all these people are going to SWTOR then.
    Options
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is *** because I love this game but if it isnt then Nope... nope... nope, I've payed sub for two years and got all DLC content as part of that. Cosmetics is one thing, game content is another. If I've got to pay £32 for a dlc then I'm off to play another game and it's goodbuy ESO and ESO plus.

LOL it's £40-50 :) Not 32.

Sorry I thought someone said it'll be $40 (US) which is £32 (UK). Either way, I pay sub to get dlc content. Im not rolling on the floor like a pathletic dog whilst ZOS takes our eyeballs out over a technicality. Im actually quite glad of the early warning tbh. Now I don't need to fight the urge of spending a fortune on housing :)
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on January 31, 2017 9:11PM
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
    Options
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG People - Please - Learn to read what I actually post and not just look at the freaking picture.

I KNOW that Morrowind is an "Expansion" and not part of the DLC terms. I've said this multiple times now... *sighs*

What I DO have issue with, is the express statement of their definition of DLC. It clearly states that ALL DLC is avalable via crowns or cash purchase to ALL members of ESO+.

Now....please bare with me, I know words are hard to read and not as easy as pictures....

If I DO NOT buy Morrowind - that is my choice and absolutely fine. HOWEVER!! And this is the important bit folks....

When they DO release further DLC in the crown store, this means that as a ESO+ member - I am legally entitled to it as it IS DLC.

But as I haven't bought Morrowind - I can NOT access it. Even though their own terms and conditions expressly state I can.

Therefore, I'm complaining about the fact Morrowind has become a Paywall to DLC for ESO+ Subscribers.

I know right? The amount of people still missing the point is amazing.
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you are assuming the release of future DLC that is Morrowind-specific? Because as far as I've heard that isn't really a thing. None of the other DLC have been zone-specific.

In the case of dungeons like WGT, ICP, CoS, RoM, you can still access these through the dungeon finder.

I understand what you are saying but without evidence of some actual Morrowind-dependent future DLC this seems a bit premature to complain about.
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is really only thing about sub:
    Either you like what are you paying for or you don't pay it.

There was never deal that if you pay your sub through end of 2016 you will receive future content. Each month you pay, you receive what was promised you for that month.
    Options
  • thedirtypony
    thedirtypony
    Soul Shriven
    I just want to know what a Chapter is and how will a Chapter figure in to ESO+ Were Gina and ZOS just using that term off the cuff meaning, a new adventure awaits players etc., or will a Chapter be some form of future product. I hope they will clarify wth that word means tomorrow.
    Back off...I have hooves...
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »
    But I thought the game was FTP now /s

Seriously though, while the non inclusion of this new content under the ESO+ sub is a bit jarring, I'll probably get it anyways. I've been relatively frugal in the money I've spent on this game versus the thousands of hours of entertainment I've received from it. At first glance it looks like lots of work was put into this expansion, running counter to the shrinking dlc trend of the past year. If that's the case, it'll probably be worth the price.

its not free to play and has never been free to play. its buy to play.

@Linaleah

Is the /s no longer enough to tell if someone is kidding or being sarcastic?

In any case, this will at least put a nail in those arguments for a while, so there's that.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • Emencie
    Emencie
    ✭✭✭✭

Uhh...

Why wouldn't you be able to access the DLC?

Morrowind gives you access to Morrowind
    Options
  • c0rp
    c0rp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

8keJcet.png

Morrowind is NOT in the crown store (highlighted by your red box as a requirement). Nice try, but ZoS one upped you on this.
    This does set up a pretty big gray area for future releases though for sure.
    Edited by c0rp on January 31, 2017 9:15PM
    Force weapon swap to have priority over EVERYTHING. Close enough.
    Make stamina builds even with magicka builds.
    Disable abilities while holding block.
    Give us a REASON to do dungeons more than once.
    Remove PVP AoE CAP. It is ruining Cyrodiil.
    Fix/Remove Forward Camps. They are ruining Cyrodiil.
    Impenetrability needs to REDUCE CRIT DAMAGE. Not negate entire builds.
    Werewolf is not equal to Vamps/Bats.
    Options
  • The_Undefined
    The_Undefined
    ✭✭✭✭
    An ESO Plus membership will not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Morrowind content. As this is an entirely new Chapter of ESO, you'll need to purchase one of the five editions. If you already own ESO, though, you can purchase the Morrowind Upgrade or the Morrowind Collector's Edition Upgrade directly from online stores (The Elder Scrolls Online Store, Steam Store, Xbox Store, or PlayStation Store).

Okay... I've been expecting this :(
    But... we were promised 4 DLC (or "major updates") / year ... are we still getting a DLC or a major update in Q2/2017, separate from "Morrowind" and included with ESO+ or purchasable in crowns - or even free, like Homestead ?

Concerned we won't get DLC anymore either. Kinda makes that premium not as worth it, which if they do go down that road, that's a huge mistake.

Comparatively, in this MMO market, this subscription beats all other sub models for what's offered. Seriously, I keep paying even though I don't play as much purely b/c it's such a great deal.

I understand ZOS is moving more and more towards that WoW / FFXIV / etc path, but the differences with this game and others is the entire selling point. Nothing beats this subscription model as it is now, unless, again, they take out DLCs entirely moving forward.

I really hope they don't. : /

I don't mind paying for an expansion every year or two, but there should still be DLC's in between. I dunno if ZOS can keep that up, but if they want to keep premium customers, I would think they should.
    Options
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emencie wrote: »

Uhh...

Why wouldn't you be able to access the DLC?

Morrowind gives you access to Morrowind

Jesus...... :s

Edited by TheTwistedRune on January 31, 2017 9:15PM
    Options
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alexkdd99 wrote: »

8keJcet.png

Well this is not a DLC nor is it available in the Crownstore. (Disclaimer - I am a lawyer)

It is a dlc. Come on people how can you not call this a dlc? Is it downloadable content that adds onto the base game? Yes it is. If I call a cow a heifer that doesn't mean it isn't a cow.

Price does not matter, has nothing to do with saving money. It has to do with how they have changed things to cheat people.

I am not worried about the 40$ I am worried that I will not receive anymore dlc with my eso+ if they can just change the name of it to cheat me. Who is to say they won't continue to do this with every other content release?

Sorry to say, just because you say its a DLC doesn't make it a DLC... I say its an expansion... so what makes your opinion more valid than mine?
    Options
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reasons this is called a "Chapter" and not DLC:
    1. To be able to charge money for it.

Reasons this will not be purchasable for Crowns on the Crown store:
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
    Options
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »

LOL :D
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screencapping this before it gets changed. Can anyone find some of the old interviews where they talk about ESO plus and the subscription model after Buy to Play?

xaerlJi.png

Well guys, the purchase model is changing AGAIN>

INB4 Semantics argument of "DLC" vs "Expansion"

Wrothgar expanded the game.

Thieves and assassins guild expanded the game.

They are ALL Expansions. They are ALL DLC.

ok, aside form the semantic argument on whether something is an expansion or a DLC. I don't see the need for them to change anything. because the agreeming is exactly the same now as it was prior to the announcement. you get acess to DLC packs for the duration of your subscription. you STILL get acess to DLC packs for the duration of your subscription. Morrowind is not a game pack. its an expansion. and again, semantic arguments aside - the agreement has NOT changed. at all. so there is no need to change anything in terms.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • Attackopsn
    Attackopsn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spends $1,000,000,000 on crates and then complains about $40 for a real update
    ign: ATTACKO
    PS4 NA
    First NA Completion of VMoL Hard Mode

Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ESO plus

This is an expansion..not the same as a DLC
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hoping someone can answer this..
    I have ESO+

I want to buy the physical collectors edition (for the statue of course), will I be able to upgrade my current ESO+ with this physical purchase or must I also buy the $40 upgrade on top of the $100 physical copy?

I'm sure someone answered this ( so many posts I haven't read ).

You will not need to pay for the upgrade and physical copy. Unless you have multiple accounts like I do :)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since a new class is included are there character slots included as well? I know people with max level characters in all 12 slots.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    I have ESO plus

This is an expansion..not the same as a DLC

What exactly is the difference between an expansion and a DLC other than semantics and ZOS's chronic need to break promises to extract more money from the playerbase?
    Options
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    alexkdd99 wrote: »

8keJcet.png

Sorry to say, just because you say its a DLC doesn't make it a DLC... I say its an expansion... so what makes your opinion more valid than mine?

Erm... are you confused? Is it content? Is it going to be downloadable? Answer please.
    Edited by Jimbullbee85 on January 31, 2017 9:22PM
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
    Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sebban wrote: »

QFT.

There really isn't anything beyond this except for the promise ZOS made to subscribers and now intends to break using doublespeak.
    Options
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am an ESO Plus subscriber and I am more than happy to purchase this Morrowind expansion... ecstatic even! However if any current ESO Plus subscribers are not happy that this expansion is not covered by their ESO Plus perks then you can just cancel ESO Plus for the next 3 months and use the money you saved to buy the expansion. After that you can decide to resume ESO Plus for the perks (up to and including free future DLC's) or play without ESO Plus.
    Options