Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One Tamriel Max Provisioning Writs Decoded

BergisMacBride
BergisMacBride
✭✭✭✭✭
As most of you writ runners know, things changed with the max provisioning writs once One Tamriel went live. The turn in reverted back to Craglorn and we started getting requests for the CP 50 recipes we saw prior to the Wrothgar DLC, in addition to the CP 150 recipes we only needed when we turned in the writs in Orsiniium. Instead of 6 recipe requirements there were now 12. There seemed to be no pattern on when or how you received which recipes to make, and this varied between characters each day. Also, your reward is tied to the "level" or the prov writ (i.e., CP50 writ -> CP 50\100 recipe reward).

In an effort to discern a pattern, I've been following my writ requests on 4 of my max level provisioners over the past week. What I've found is that there is indeed a pattern to the writ we receive after the RNG randomizes whether we get a CP 50 or a CP 150 recipe writ.

To see how this works in practice, let's go back to the max provisioning writs pre-Orsinium. They were turned in at Craglorn and were on a 3-day rotation(as with all writs), requiring CP 50 food\drink in this order:

CP 50 writs:
  • Day 1: Pickled Carrot Slurry\Arenthian Brandy
  • Day 2: Argonian Saddle-Cured Rabbit\Sipping Imga Tonic
  • Day 3: Fresh Apples and Eidar Cheese\Khenarthi’s Wings Chai

Now fast forward to the Orsinium dlc and things change - we have new CP 150 recipes and these are the only ones required for the writs, in this order once again on a 3-day rotation:

CP 150 writs:
  • Day 1: Hearty Garlic Corn Chowder\Markath Mead
  • Day 2: Lilmoth Garlic Hagfish\Hagraven’s Tonic
  • Day 3: Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate\Muthsera’s Remorse

**Note that while where you are in any of these rotations each day would change depending on the character, the rotation order would always stay the same (as with other writs).

That brings us to One Tamriel and the situation we see now. What is happening is that every day the RNG randomly assigns either the CP 50 writ or the CP 150 writ, and once that is decided, you receive whichever writ for that level is due up in the rotation for that day. Also, it seems that the the rotations are linked to each other on a daily basis. I have not been able to discern a pattern outside of this and it does appear whether you get a CP 50 or CP 150 writ is completely random.

Here is how the new rotation plays out now:
  • Day 1: CP 50 - Pickled Carrot Slurry\Arenthian Brandy or CP 150 - Hearty Garlic Corn Chowder\Markath Mead
  • Day 2: CP 50 - Argonian Saddle-Cured Rabbit\Sipping Imga Tonic or CP 150 - Lilmoth Garlic Hagfish\Hagraven’s Tonic
  • Day 3: CP 50 - Fresh Apples and Eidar Cheese\Khenarthi’s Wings Chai or CP 150 - Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate\Muthsera’s Remorse

The result is we now need 12 instead of 6 inventory\bank slots devoted to this writ (for those of us who premake these in advance). In addition, approximately half the time we are receiving the reward for the CP50 writ. Now whether this is a bug or intended by ZOS is anybody's guess. @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, can we get any word on this?

• RobTheAxe
    RobTheAxe
    ✭✭
    Just made the same post without checking cus lazy... But Yeah... I also pre made these and stocked up it made it a lot easier to do the daily... Not only do I not have some ov the recipe, but I don't see how this is better in any way .. Hopefully it's a bug but eh not too bad.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, noticed this morning that now have to burn 12 Inventory slots to do max level Provisioning Writs (cooking fire in Belkarth is not convenient)

This needs to change. I don't care if I make CP50 stuff, I just don't want to use up all those slots.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, Provisioning returns the least valuable items so crazy to commit double the slots to keep doing it.

(PA Fragments excluded but I haven't seen one since DB dropped!)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that's it's out on consoles, more folks are asking questions about the max prov writs. Still no response from ZOS > 2 weeks after OT debut.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, seen I had to now carry more completed goods and abandoned the quest each time.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kept getting the CP50 writs, and I am missing a recipe from each (and haven't found them in traders yet), so I just stopped doing writs again.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    SolarCat02 wrote: »
    I kept getting the CP50 writs, and I am missing a recipe from each (and haven't found them in traders yet), so I just stopped doing writs again.

The brewer/chef sell the recipes, I think they are 1350 gold if I remember correctly, expensive, but worth it for me as I got some good drops.

I finally gave in and made the new recipes, whether a bug or not I think if you have 50 in provisioning and 6/6 for recipe level you should get the top tier reward. That being said did they increase the PA fragment drop rate? In 3 weeks of daily provisioning writs for 150 recipes I recieved 1 PA fragment, since 1T dropped I have gotten 4 more doing the 50-150 recipes (2 on the CP50 writs), I was curious if it was just random luck or higher drop rate.
    Edited by summitxho on October 24, 2016 10:15PM
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    summitxho wrote: »

The brewer/chef sell the recipes, I think they are 1350 gold if I remember correctly, expensive, but worth it for me as I got some good drops.

Did they fix that? When I checked last Tuesday the chef and brewer were only selling food, I figured they had removed the recipes from the stores as part of One Tamriel.

If they put them back, that's great news! I will check tonight.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another problem is that there are no tier-5 writs any more. Though this became broken even before One Tamriel.

CP50 items should belong to the tier-5 writs. But instead, if you have 5/6 in Recipe Improvement, you get the exact same writs as someone with 4/6. And then once you get 6/6, you are doing a combination of the 5/6 and 6/6 writs.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Jekerl This looks an awful lot like a bug, don't you think? Tier-5 writs are missing, and tier-6 appears to be getting both tier-5 and tier-6 quests.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on for[SNIP] sake.

People are doing these writs on a daily basis, and you cannot even tell us whether this is intentional or not? Everything points in the direction of this being a bug, at least an "hey, this looks suspicious, we'll look into it" would suffice.

Maybe you need to hire more community devs, since I'm sure those two poor women are already overworked as it is, and there are tons of bugs and issues that go unnoticed month after month.

[Edited for Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on October 26, 2016 7:17PM
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭

Did they fix that? When I checked last Tuesday the chef and brewer were only selling food, I figured they had removed the recipes from the stores as part of One Tamriel.

If they put them back, that's great news! I will check tonight.

Seemed to work for me, I was missing the sipping imga tonic I believe it was, and found it with the brewer in Craglorn. I will have to check again tonight, I am on PS4.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I notice that staff has stopped in to edit posts, but still can't comment on if this is a bug or not? What gives?
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    I notice that staff has stopped in to edit posts, but still can't comment on if this is a bug or not? What gives?

Two types of staff.

One are the actual devs that you almost never hear from.

The second are merely forum mods, their task is to prevent Carbonised and others from being too naughty when the actual devs never bother to comment on the issues.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Another problem is that there are no tier-5 writs any more. Though this became broken even before One Tamriel.

CP50 items should belong to the tier-5 writs. But instead, if you have 5/6 in Recipe Improvement, you get the exact same writs as someone with 4/6. And then once you get 6/6, you are doing a combination of the 5/6 and 6/6 writs.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @Jekerl This looks an awful lot like a bug, don't you think? Tier-5 writs are missing, and tier-6 appears to be getting both tier-5 and tier-6 quests.
    I have multiple characters at 5/6 in provisioning and i am getting both level 4 and level 5 writs. I have not yet figured out if there is a pattern. There is some bug surely. Looks like there is same kind of flip-flopping at level 5 as there is at level 6.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • summitxho
    summitxho
    ✭✭✭
    past 2 days I have gotten all tier 6 provisioning writs on all 3 characters, was it quietly fixed, or just luck lately? Anyone still getting the tier 5 writs?
    Edited by summitxho on October 27, 2016 4:32PM
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    past 2 days I have gotten all tier 6 provisioning writs on all 3 characters, was it quietly fixed, or just luck lately? Anyone still getting the tier 5 writs?

I'm still getting both tier 5 and tier 6 writs - it's just RNG playing with us. When I did my original analysis, I would have some chars with 4-5 days in a row of the CP 150(tier6) writs, only to then change back to CP 50(tier 5) for a few days. The pattern of tier 5 vs tier 6 writs seems to be truly random, while the daily rotation AFTER that is decided is consistent.

I'll ask one last time since I'm a sucker for lost causes:

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, can we pretty pretty please with a cherry on top get some word on this? Thanks!
  • Lacerator3
    Thanks for this great info, I'm fairly new to the provisioning portion of the game and this gives me something to plan for.
  • gddanielb16_ESO
    re: Max Recipe Improvement 6/6 rewards are a mix of VI and VII (and not consistently VII)

So, there must be something we're missing (otherwise I'd think after the dozen or so various posts on this subject there would have been a comment from ZoS)

I've given this my best shot at narrowing it down. I have 8 6/6 provisioners.
    I'm aware of the "must initiate conversation with the Coldharbour Groundskeeper" requirement. All 8 toons have passed this requirement.
    I'm aware that Wrothgar deliveries changed to Belkarth Craglorn (to avoid the need to own the DLC). All 8 of my toons have BOTH travelled by cart to Wrothgar (per the Auridon/Stonefalls/Glenumbra quest); and to Craglorn (via the cart in each Alliance's major city). All have started the Craglorn questline.

- I have a Cadwell Gold completed toon; 6/6; level 3 hireling: still gets a mix of VI and VII rewards
    - The remainder are "on gold"; "on silver"; or mid-Coldharbour. All get a mix (I can't discern a difference in relative rate of VII rewards)

1) Does anyone consistently get VII rewards?
    2) Is there something obviously missing from the above. For example: I've yet to complete the Cyrodill or Craglorn questlines.

Help!
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be random. My main character with "everything" done gets VII half of the time and VI the other half. My mule characters with "nothing" done seem to get the same ratio.
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these lower tier writs still the same for homestead patch?
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Yes, they are. Which means you only have half the chance of getting a Provisioning Master Writ relative to other crafting skills.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Agreed, Provisioning returns the least valuable items so crazy to commit double the slots to keep doing it.

Agreed on PA fragments, I've been doing max-level Provisioning daily on two characters since I started playing again around Halloween last year. Yet to see even a single fragment in that time.

Has anyone seen a Psijiic Ambrosia recipe fragment in this time?
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reivax wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »

Agreed on PA fragments, I've been doing max-level Provisioning daily on two characters since I started playing again around Halloween last year. Yet to see even a single fragment in that time.

Has anyone seen a Psijiic Ambrosia recipe fragment in this time?

Yes. I've had a few. But, I did go 6 months without one. Then I got 4 in one week.

• garrodben_ESO
    I went a few weeks after coming back not receiving any doing 2-3 a day. I worked to get 6 characters to 50 provisioning and doing the writ daily. Finally got 1 part about 2 weeks ago. I bought the rest and learned the recipe. Then in the last week I've gotten 4 more pieces...
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice detective work! It might bother me a little less knowing that there is in fact some sort of rotation.

Not that it matters to your point, but alchemy is on a 4 day rotation. Not sure of the rotation anymore since I just got back into doing my writs regularly but you need to make essence of health, magicka, stamina and ravage health.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• ninti
    ninti
    ✭✭
    I have received 7 Psijic fragments just since Homestead dropped, on 8 characters.

• heyjrey
    heyjrey
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed that I keep getting the same provisioning writs so what I did was store any extras in my bank and when I got that same writ, just withdrew the items and then my writ is complete lol. I've done the same for the alchemy writs too.
    EP Home Faction CP: 800+
    Vivec/Trueflame/Kaalgrontiid: Home Campaign
    Delia Moreau - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Sloppy Thirds* - Bosmer | Stamblade | PvP
    Tazia Mouse-Chaser - Khajiit | Stamblade | PvE
    Waterfalls - Altmer | Magsorc | PvP
    Datwun Puffs Tuff - Argonian | Magplar | PvP Healer
    Rotting Thot - Altmer | Magnecro | PvE Healer
    Count ßlockula - Argonian | StamDK | PvE Tank
    Jim Geezus Beam - Argonian | Magplar | PvE Healer

Red Nirn Reserve, Diswun's Wares, Welkynd, SOB (rip)

• Reivax
    Reivax
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't possibly have that bad of luck in regards to Psijiic fragments. There must be other things at play here. Does quantity of recipes matter? I have 244 on the main and 282 on the other. I have some purples, and a couple yellows on each. (the Orzaga and New life Hist ones).
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Nice detective work! It might bother me a little less knowing that there is in fact some sort of rotation.

Not that it matters to your point, but alchemy is on a 4 day rotation. Not sure of the rotation anymore since I just got back into doing my writs regularly but you need to make essence of health, magicka, stamina and ravage health.

Hmm...I could swear that my alchemy rotation includes ravage stamina instead, and I'm less certain that I've occasionally but much less frequently seen ravage health...
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have provisioning 5/6 and have received nothing but level 4 writs. Haven't gotten one tier 5 yet. Still dropping off at fighters guild, still receiving level 4 rewards. Is there no actual tier 5? Has it been confirmed that this is working as intended or is it a bug? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS