As most of you writ runners know, things changed with the max provisioning writs once One Tamriel went live. The turn in reverted back to Craglorn and we started getting requests for the CP 50 recipes we saw prior to the Wrothgar DLC, in addition to the CP 150 recipes we only needed when we turned in the writs in Orsiniium. Instead of 6 recipe requirements there were now 12. There seemed to be no pattern on when or how you received which recipes to make, and this varied between characters each day. Also, your reward is tied to the "level" or the prov writ (i.e., CP50 writ -> CP 50\100 recipe reward).
In an effort to discern a pattern, I've been following my writ requests on 4 of my max level provisioners over the past week. What I've found is that there is indeed a pattern to the writ we receive after the RNG randomizes
whether we get a CP 50 or a CP 150 recipe writ.
To see how this works in practice, let's go back to the max provisioning writs pre-Orsinium. They were turned in at Craglorn and were on a 3-day rotation(as with all writs), requiring CP 50 food\drink in this order:
CP 50 writs:
- Day 1: Pickled Carrot Slurry\Arenthian Brandy
- Day 2: Argonian Saddle-Cured Rabbit\Sipping Imga Tonic
- Day 3: Fresh Apples and Eidar Cheese\Khenarthi’s Wings Chai
Now fast forward to the Orsinium dlc and things change - we have new CP 150 recipes and these are the only ones required for the writs, in this order once again on a 3-day rotation:
CP 150 writs:
- Day 1: Hearty Garlic Corn Chowder\Markath Mead
- Day 2: Lilmoth Garlic Hagfish\Hagraven’s Tonic
- Day 3: Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate\Muthsera’s Remorse
**Note that while where you are in any of these rotations each day would change depending on the character, the rotation order would always stay the same
(as with other writs).
That brings us to One Tamriel and the situation we see now. What is happening is that every day the RNG randomly assigns either the CP 50 writ or the CP 150 writ
, and once that is decided, you receive whichever writ for that level is due up in the rotation for that day. Also, it seems that the the rotations are linked to each other on a daily basis. I have not been able to discern a pattern outside of this and it does appear whether you get a CP 50 or CP 150 writ is completely random.
Here is how the new rotation plays out now:
- Day 1: CP 50 - Pickled Carrot Slurry\Arenthian Brandy or CP 150 - Hearty Garlic Corn Chowder\Markath Mead
- Day 2: CP 50 - Argonian Saddle-Cured Rabbit\Sipping Imga Tonic or CP 150 - Lilmoth Garlic Hagfish\Hagraven’s Tonic
- Day 3: CP 50 - Fresh Apples and Eidar Cheese\Khenarthi’s Wings Chai or CP 150 - Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate\Muthsera’s Remorse
The result is we now need 12 instead of 6 inventory\bank slots devoted to this writ (for those of us who premake these in advance). In addition, approximately half the time we are receiving the reward for the CP50 writ. Now whether this is a bug or intended by ZOS is anybody's guess. @ZOS_GinaBruno
, can we get any word on this?