The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Feedback Thread for Player Housing

• zassasaurus
    zassasaurus
    ✭✭✭
    I have a bug where nothing shows up in the furnishers stores, ive checked multiple vendors in different locations and ones that i was able to buy from a couple days ago.
    Edited by zassasaurus on January 11, 2017 8:37AM
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a bug where nothing shows up in the furnishers stores, ive checked multiple vendors in different locations and ones that i was able to buy from a couple days ago.

I had that too. People will tell you it's because of an addon...I don't have any addons on Test Server and got this bug.

I found it was because of the setting about using outdated addons. Turn that setting off.

Somehow that setting causes the bug, even though I didn't have addons.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lygerseye wrote: »
    Food for thought, ZOS: special housing permissions for characters wearing matching Rings of Mara.

Don't know if this was a serious suggestion, but +1. The limitations with the decorator role not being able to place items they've created is a pain (though, I get it to some extent). An additional tier for greater permissions would be excellent.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I know someone above says they had no add-ons installed but for me it was a conflict with the add-on Advanced Filters.
  • Troycules
    Troycules
    Soul Shriven
    Writ vouchers are not transferable between toons... will this be implemented? Otherwise it would take too long to buy just one high end item worth 250 vouchers.
    Edited by Troycules on January 11, 2017 3:02PM
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerfall Overlook Manor -

Make the large DC banners removable; at the moment they are a fixed item. Limits your audience for purchasing this to one faction.

The trapdoor dumps you into a bay full of slaughterfish.

Overall - not all of the re-purposed buildings work perfectly as player homes; but a great start!
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the ruby throne decoration can be traded, is that intended? because it makes the emperor achievement totally out of value considering that decoration..
    make alliance war decorations/ fishing NON-TRADABLE. its hard to rank up in alliance war and same to fishing, so atleast make it worth the effort to have some rare stuff in our houses.. all decorations to be tradable is not the best option in this case
    PC EU

• StoneSilence
    StoneSilence
    ✭✭✭
    I made a new character to play around with the housing system.

My impressions:
    1) initial quest is impossible to find unless you read guides and know where to go. Even so I had to visit 3 banks before I found the quest giver.

2) The limit on how many pets/mounts/merchants one can place on the property is WAY too small. I wasn't allowed to place more than 5 total "items", which means I cannot even fill the stables of the larger properties, or give my pets a home. If there needs to be a limit, I'd say that limit needs to be maybe 20 and not so low as 5.

3) The properties are generally useless - none of the storage furniture can be used (bedside tables, drawers, bookshelves) and there are no working crafting stations.

4) I understand the 1st tier properties have to be small, but at least their yards should be increased by a lot. As is I can barely turn around in the yards of the small properties, let alone tie a horse or have a small crafting station or something.

5) The prices of the 2+ tier properties are way too high. They are unattainable for the regular players. I understand that might be to make people spend crowns, but still those prices should be lowered by 40-50%.

6) One should be able to ride their mount on the property. Leaving the house, jumping on your horse and rocketing out the yard door should be a thing.

7) Pets/mounts/ merchant/banker should be animated. They should be doing something.

8) There should be some specific benefit for owning/spending time at your house. Resting XP is an example, or a free guild trader on the premises if the property is set up as a guild house. How about a "strategy room" where there is a map with flags/pins showing the active quests locations? A garden that will allow planting of herbs and food maybe? Option for Hirelings to deliver their goods to the property for free or for a SMALL fee.

If more gold sinks are needed (maybe to offset the reduction in property costs) make available the hiring of gardeners, extra hirelings with a daily/weekly salary (also see hirelings delivery fee above).

I did not spend a large amount of time on furniture creation, but from the little I tried, it seemed very messy. No clear way to find which vendors sell furniture or plans or how to go about getting materials and crafting furniture. I feel like there should be either a new merchant type or furniture can be added to the woodcrafter.
    Also there needs to be some sort of tutorial on how to find the new crafting materials, the way there is a tutorial for any of the other crafting professions.

As is, I really could not recommend the housing system. To me it is a 4/10 at best.
    Edited by StoneSilence on January 11, 2017 7:23PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure exactly which thread this feedback belongs in, so I will put it here. Many of the homes with outdoors spaces come with default grass.

This grass clips through everything!

I was goofing around putting stuff in the yard around Stay-Moist Mansion (my favourite) and found the grass too tall for a lot of elements that are shorter to be seen well and the clipping was really annoying me.

I put a Trough for my Guars and the grass clips all through it.

I put my awesome Mimic Hist Tree but the grass clipping through the roots kinda took away from it.

I know the grass is there cause the whole world has grass and it adds realism and character but for housing maybe disable it in the yards and either sell grass patches at one of the vendors (this might be weird since the grass is designed to clip through the ground and not be placed on it from the looks of it OR allow the grass to be toggled on/off at each house for all players. I realize there is a toggle grass option in the options menu so "I" don't see the grass but I don't want my guests to have grass clipping through everything.

TL:DR Housing needs Lawnmowing Services.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks so much for all the great feedback on housing so far! Just wanted to give you all a heads up that with next week's PTS patch, we'll be copying PC EU characters which means all housing-related progress for PC NA accounts will be wiped. Make sure you wrap up any remaining testing, decorating, crafting, or take screenshots of your favorite creations before Monday!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Chateau is pretty lacking considering the price.

- It has almost no view of the surrounding area
    - You have to go to one corner and climb up the rocks to see the lava
    - the towers are not accessible and should be
    - A balcony, somewhere, please? Let me see the stonefalls.

Compared to other houses of similar price and even some of the much less expensive ones, this thing lacks the wow factor needed to justify the cost.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Possible Bug
    Though it is free to travel to a house, the game still counts this port against you and charges you 1k to leave and go to another wayshrine outside the property.
    Edited by Totes-Bode on January 13, 2017 3:42AM
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home?
    I had to look up how first.
    I think it's horrible that we can't later on decide to buy the furniture package for that home if we so choose. I foresee many people who would be willing to spend the extra crowns making this mistake. You have now blocked them from spending money on your game.

[*] Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on?
    No. Several chairs had my character immediately standing back up after going halfway down into the sitting animation.

[*] Which was your favorite home, and why?
    Strident Springs Demise was the only home with proper bedrooms. My RP character has a large family. Even though the rooms are tiny and I have not been able to figure out a pleasing way to have a large bed in the master bedroom, the rest of the homes don't even offer multiple private rooms for a family home.

[*] What did you think of the prices for each home?
    I don't think I will ever see more than a million gold in ESO so I will be giving feedback on the real life monetary cost of the houses in Canadian currency. I respect that ESO is a business, but if I can buy a whole new game for cheaper than I can buy a single manor in ESO I won't be purchasing them. I will simply play another game as I came to ESO solely for the housing.

[*] Are you an ESO Plus member?
    Yes.I recently bought the game and signed up with a subscription in anticipation of the housing.

[*] Do you have any other general feedback?
    We cannot get on any beds that have a canopy. Please make the canopy part of all beds an object we can walk through/ non-collision so we can hop on them and then place our characters in sleeping/laying emotes.

Edited by Vorkrunne on January 12, 2017 5:55AM
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Not sure exactly which thread this feedback belongs in, so I will put it here. Many of the homes with outdoors spaces come with default grass.

This grass clips through everything!

I was goofing around putting stuff in the yard around Stay-Moist Mansion (my favourite) and found the grass too tall for a lot of elements that are shorter to be seen well and the clipping was really annoying me.

I put a Trough for my Guars and the grass clips all through it.

I put my awesome Mimic Hist Tree but the grass clipping through the roots kinda took away from it.

I know the grass is there cause the whole world has grass and it adds realism and character but for housing maybe disable it in the yards and either sell grass patches at one of the vendors (this might be weird since the grass is designed to clip through the ground and not be placed on it from the looks of it OR allow the grass to be toggled on/off at each house for all players. I realize there is a toggle grass option in the options menu so "I" don't see the grass but I don't want my guests to have grass clipping through everything.

TL:DR Housing needs Lawnmowing Services.

Rift has dealt with this problem in a genius way by having house items that removes grass in a certain radius, ranging from 5 yards to something like 25 yards.
  • Vorkrunne
    Vorkrunne
    ✭✭✭
    Sigtric wrote: »
    - the towers are not accessible and should be

I found this frustrating in several structures. We have towers and areas that are inaccessible. It is a pet peeve of mine as well.

Hopefully they get this sorted out in a future patch. Why have the towers if we can't be in them? The views from up there are surely epic!
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Would like to bring your attention to a really good thread on housing issues here. This really speaks for my experience so far with housing. These are low hanging fruit type of fixes that would really improve our quality of life dramatically.

11 Obvious Flaws (and 11 easy fixes) - Housing
  • Borvath
    Borvath
    ✭✭
    I have an idea for how to do the housing storage. All houses will have a shared inventory, which you will be able to access from some your furniture.
    They will have builtin filters, chests will show all items, cupboards will only show your food, crates and boxes will show your furniture, armor and weapon stands will show your armor and weapons (which you will be able to equip to them form their inventory), you will be able to equip books to bookcases from their inventory...
    An npc will sell you inventory space for gold or crowns (like the npc who upgrades your bag space) and it will be gated behind your first house of each type (up to 10 for free room, 20 for your first appartment ...).
    Sorry for my English.
  • DrWill
    DrWill
    DrWill wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Do you have any other general feedback?

Okay, the real question is: Why do I have to buy a house?

Well, I love Roleplay so I´m gonna buy houses anywhere but I feel upset because I can´t save items on my houses, I can´t sleep on my beds, my animals doesn´t move (Maybe they´re dead), I can´t have 2 or 3 mannequin to kick their asses, I can´t... I can´t... I can´t do anything worth it!

Well you have done a great job with all this houses but now you have the most difficult part: Make it worth for people to buy crowns!

I mean, if a have a manor I would like to see (Serenity Falls for example):

- Let me paint my walls inside the home!!! OMG, the house is mine! I want to paint it PINK! Like the gentleman I am. No, I´m serious, let me paint the walls.

- Would like to have a button that "Reset" the house. Cleaning up all furnitures

At, I think that´s all at this moment! I will keep you up editing this post! Hope you read it all and give me your opinion. Thank you all!

Bets wishes,
    Dr.Will.

Personally, I like this player's sense of humor. :smiley:

The suggestion that players should be able to re-paint the walls is a good one. Are tapestries that can be hung on walls among the array of furnishings??

There is only one particularly important issue, the last suggestion, for a "Reset" button for the house "Cleaning up all furnitures (sic)". After spending any amount of Crowns for furnishings -- or the time, effort and expense to craft a piece(s) -- it seems that no one would want to destroy any or all of them, whether to start over with an empty house.

So, what happens to furnishings which the player chooses to remove??

Thank you! :)

With the button "Reset Furniture" it just send the furnishings into the player inventory so you don´t destroy them, just take it off from the house to "Start again"

• willklippsteinb14_ESO
    Why spend 1.3M or even 3.4M on a house that has no functionality? sure you can place crafting stations....but that's it....if your not a maxed out master crafter it does more harm than good, I really hope ESO gets its stuff together....and adds other functions! like sleeping in a bed for the hell of it! Or small cabinets that are strictly for (idk cooking mats) I mean....who stores a banana in a bank instead of their house? These aren't must do's im just saying give us a reason to buy the house if we aren't master crafters!
  • Sweetpea704
    Sweetpea704
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why can't a 9 trait, master woodworker make a chair? Just saying...
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My answers:

Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues? Yes, No, I read the patch notes and made sure to try the quest with a real toon before doing the whole template thing.

Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold? Did the preview, just bought all the homes for 1 crown though.

How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door? crown store

Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home? yep, no problem

Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers? Yes, but like the mounts, pets, and assistants a few later disappeared. Also, a few liked to move around a bit and hang in mid air just as some of the crafted furniture did. Also, those achievement furnishings need a preview as they are pretty pricey and I really want to be sure when I go and buy them. Hopefully you will at least give the NA server PTS occasionally for this though in the past we have pretty much gotten the 2 first weeks and EU gets the next 6 months until the next content.

Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher?
    Yep, not much there.

Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite? Got just the vMoL trials one. I suspect these may all end up looking pretty much the same. Not much color, the same base, and the head is small enough I think they all may just look like tiny, nondescript monster heads on stands. They are free though so I will probably line the edge of my roof top with them which should look cool. More of a volume than a singular decoration perhaps. I wonder if we can mount duplicates.

Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? A buddy told me they didn't really go in the bookshelf so I steered clear. I don't need stacks of books in my house a la the warrior school. Or maybe I do, that might actually be cool. Really, I doubt I will be interested in the books unless I can neatly fit them in the bookcases.

Did you understand how to use the various light sources Click "E" on them, got any more brain busters.

Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? Sometimes, other times they totally bugged out and all kinds of interesting things happened. No, it was not at all clear which would and wouldn't bug out or really even what you could activate and what not until you waddled around them for a bit looking for the "E" click and seeing what happened. Chairs don't work too well if that is what you want to know but they do occasionally work so rp'rs should be able too move them around their houses until they find just the right spot for them to work.

Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? Yes, and sometimes it even worked. It seems to be very buggy on guild lists, sometimes not allowing in players who are clearly in a, or multiple, guilds to which you have given permissions. Individual permissions do seem to work though.

Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience? Nope, not a dueler, happy you added it for the folks that wanted it though. Seems very well implemented too.

Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? The titles seem a bit like just buying a title to me so I am less than impressed. As for the achievements, they seem like pretty much any other crafting or RP'ing achievements. I am not sure quite what you want here. I didn't really have any positive or negative reaction or even really notice. Is that what you are looking for or are you heartbroken?

Which was your favorite home, and why?
    Mistveil, it feels warm and homey with the Nord construction I like and being an actual house layout unlike some of the other buildings which resemble not at all dwellings. It also reminds me of Skyrim which was a great game. Lastly, it is really well located right at Riften which is a well laid out city and will give me close access to all city functions such as merchants, bankers, crafting stations, and wayshrines.

What did you think of the prices for each home? Just a bit lower than I expected. I though 5 mil for the top tier and they are 3.6M. They also graduate at an even steeper curve than I expected. I think the gold prices are fine though. We will see how crown store pricing fits with this or if it breaks it.

Are you an ESO Plus member? Yep, I really couldn't play the game at this point without it. Crafting Bag OP. Since you introduced that bag you have what, doubled, or tripled, the number of crafting mats and they now drop in such a way that picking them up cannot be avoided. I am not sure if this was fully intended as it really does make the game not so much BTP in practice. The crafting mats will really make your life hell if you try. I used to subscribe every new content and then buy the content with crowns when I had enough. Now I don't buy the new content as I can't really play the game without sub anyway.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    Of course

1) Initially when I got into PTS I though housing was just a very low effort crown store grab where fences were put around old buildings with old furniture that would be so hard to craft you would have to crown it if you wanted it. I then encountered the achievement items many of which are so very cool, often genuinely new stuff, well integrated with game achievements, and actually gold purchases of enough price they will serve well as the desperately needed gold sink. I also found that crafted furniture can be traded, and, given the difficulty of plans acquisition, crafting guilds will actually be a thing and trade guilds will have something to sell. Really well done guys. It looks very compelling.

2) I am not sure if the plan is to make your house capable of actually being the place where you park your toons but if so it needs to: Have a wayshrine, your assistants must do all merchant and banker functions at least while in your house including guild listings and repairs, you must also be able to log out without a 10 second timer. Without all these functions I am really not interested in houses without immediate wayshrine access and housing to me is not a part of my daily routine and I will probably not park my toons there.

3) As many others have noted I would really like to have real storage in my house as well as the ability to display weapons and armor I have acquired. I would also really like quick change gear display dummies that I could one button drop a full set of gear and weapons on and one button pick up that set on another toon so that I can share gear easily.

4) I have fireplaces in my home, why can I not find a cooking fire that fits in there and still works like every inn in the game seems to have. It must exist. I don't want a fire pit in the middle of my living room.

5) We would like test dummies of differing health amounts as well. These die in not much more than 1 min for top dps's so they are really not all that tanky and you don't really have to have full resource sustain. We probably to also be able to make ones of 2x the health and perhaps ones of 12x for full raid groups. They could be like a skeletal monster or some such thing. Love the dummies though. I have spent hours already testing. You might also make an assistant such as the "cowardly apprentice (because he won't leave your house)" who basically will act as a buff bot for testing on the dummies in your house. Not everybody has buddies with second accounts or wants to or knows how to set up a macro to buff you and debuff the boss while testing but it is helpful to determine sustain and theory craft builds. People would certainly pay crowns for the easy mode of just buying one.

6) I am hoping now that pts has some stuff worth regularly testing with that the NA server will have access to it occasionally instead of 2 weeks to EU's 6 months.

7) Make sure to have those disappearing items fixed by live or you going to pay for it in customer service hours and rage posts. I have had some 25k gold achievement ones vanish. Nobody is going to like 25k gold going missing.

9) Gold mat's for master writs? Let me see, almost 100k worth of tempering alloy to do a master crafting writ. I think I'll pass. Y'all haven't made gold mats particularity easy to come by. I don't think I'll be spending them on cosmetic improvements to my house. You may want to reconsider that.

10) 10x maximum mounts + pets + assistants? Lots of folks who spent lots of money in crown store are going to be pissed. Even I, who have no assistants and only 2x crown store mounts can't place everything I want. Also, I'm sure you know, but they all go missing all the time. Did my tiger eat all my assistants and pets and then go for a rampage in Riften? All that's left is a Kaguti, he must be able to fend for himself.

Overall, Housing looks hella good guys, excellent work.

Edited by f047ys3v3n on January 12, 2017 8:41PM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic (medium) houses:

Bouldertree Refuge
    This is the Bosmer-style house east of Longhaven. It has a very large yard for a medium-sized property, which has a lot of scope for decoration, but the undulating terrain could cause a problem for furnishings. The surrounding walls could serve to be a bit lower so it would be possible to see more of the surroundings, particularly towards Longhaven, as this is one of the prettiest countryside locations. The main house is accessed via an open outbuilding pod, which is a nice touch. The interior is unfortunately only a single pod as well, which is exactly the same size as Snugpod, so the difference here is really the yard space and the open pod. It would be better if the next pod size up was used for the main interior; Erelruin's Home in Longhaven, the Fighters Guild in Vulkwasten, and Glooredel's Laboratory and Workshop in Vinedusk are the size I'm thinking of.

Take home points:
    1. A larger pod size for the interior space is needed.
    2. Flatten the terrain of the yard a bit.
    3. Lower the rock walls so we can see more of Longhaven.

Cliffshade
    This is the Altmer-style house outside Marbruk. It's apparently in an idyllic setting, but it doesn't have a yard so you have to load into Greenshade to find out. It does have a bit of land that could conceivably be made into a yard, so it's a shame this wasn't taken advantage of. The inside is a standard up-and-down that fits neatly into what would be considered 'medium-sized'. The two downstairs rooms both have fireplaces, as does the single upstairs room. You can jump over the upstairs banister for a quick route to the front door. The outside facade implies an upstairs window which doesn't actually exist.

Take home points:
    1. A very nice bog-standard medium sized home.
    2. Would be better with a yard, particularly considering the space for one exists.

Domus Phrasticus
    This is the Colovian Imperial-style house near Elinhir. It's got a decent sized yard with a small free-standing shack behind the house. Unfortunately it doesn't use the same wall style as the small Colovian house, meaning you can't really see what should be a very nice view of Elinhir. The interior is a standard one-up, one-down affair with a fireplace downstairs, and the rooms look rather small with nothing in them. I think it's the same size as houses in Arenthia though, and they don't look too bad when furnished out. Considering the size of the windows, it's also rather dark inside. The placement of the windows on the outside doesn't match the inside.

Take home points:
    1. Inside needs more natural light.
    2. Make use of the fence-topped wall from the Jungle House so we can see the view.

Grymharth's Woe
    This is the Nord-style house in Windhelm. It has no yard. There's one large room downstairs with a fireplace, and a small compartment under the staircase. Upstairs is split into two rooms, one of which has a fireplace. You can repeat Grymharth's demise by falling off the balcony, but you can't do anything else with it as it's not part of the housing instance. It's a shame there's no yard, as there is ample space for one around the side and/or out the back. If the house was rotated 180 degrees, that would make a perfect front yard, would enable customisation of the piddly balcony, and would also make the house the same way around as the one next door.

Take home points:
    1. Spin the house 180 degrees and create a yard out the front (which would previously have been the back).
    2. Generous amount of space inside.

House of the Silent Magnifico
    This is the Redguard-style house in Sentinel. It has no yard. The interior is a single large room on two levels. A balcony looks down over a large entryway which is at a slightly lower level than the rest of the downstairs. The upstairs balcony is not very wide. Furnishing and decorating this floorplan is likely to be a tricky task to put things in sensible places. There's access from upstairs to an exterior balcony and roof patio, but those are not part of the housing instance so you can't do anything with them. This is a major design failure given that you can't even access the roof without going through the house first. The roof needs to be part of the instance, and then the lack of yard doesn't even matter. But the stupid thing is that is has enough yard space all the way around that could be walled off anyway.

Take home points:
    1. Make the roof patio part of the instance.
    2. Wall off the yard so that also becomes part of the instance.
    3. This house actually made me angry based on how incompetently it was designed.

Mournoth Keep
    This is the Orc-style house Halcyon Lake. It has a pretty big yard with enough flat space to make furnishing easy. Steps up the side of the house lead to a brilliant upper level patio area and another door to the inside. The downstairs interior is a large U-shaped room which could pretty easily be segmented into functional rooms. There's a fireplace on the left. Upstairs is a single mid-sized room. There's a visible loft gallery but you can't get up to it and it's out-of-bounds for furnishing, meaning you can't realistically put anything in it, which is a shame.

Take home points:
    1. Very nice house.
    2. Access to and functionality of the interior roof space would be a bonus.

Ravenhurst
    This is the Breton-style house in Fell's Run. It has a decent rear yard with a small lean-to that could be used as a stable. I don't know if the walls of the yard are lower than some of the others or not, but it didn't feel as cramped and you can see quite a lot of the outside world, which makes you feel a part of that world. The interior is one large T-shaped room downstairs with a fireplace, and a smaller room upstairs. The upstairs room is essentially a platform above the lower one, and you can drop off it to the downstairs on three sides.

Take home points:
    1. You feel like part of the world in this house, rather than cut off from it.
    2. A very nice town house that does exactly what it says on the tin.*
    * Although I didn't find any ravens on the front steps.

Sleek Creek House
    This is the Khajiit-style house by the river in Rawl'kha. It has a larger yard than I was expecting, but it's still smaller than many of the other classic house yards. It's still decent though, as you have furnishable space underneath the house itself, which is one of those houses-on-stilts. A bit of the river comes in under the back wall, which is a nice touch. This is another house that makes you feel like part of the world, as you can see a good distance in all directions. There's a small balcony outside the front door. The interior is quite small, and I don't think it's any bigger than Moonmirth House (on the inside, at least). Unfortunately I don't think there's anything that can be done about that, as while there are a few different styles of Khajiit stilt-house, they all appear to use the same size interior.

Take home points:
    1. A reasonable house.
    2. A shame the inside isn't a bit bigger.

The Ample Domicile
    This is the Argonian-style house in Stormhold. It's got a reasonably sized yard, and the palisade fence allows you to see some of the surrounding city. The interior is a little bit bigger than Humblemud, and when you compare them together, it offers reasonable space for furnishing given the size. However, a larger size mud hut would be preferable. Looks-too-Long's Hut across the road looks like it might be a better size.

Take home points:
    1. The 'ample' status definitely applies more to the yard than the inside.
    2. The circular nature of the interior makes it seem smaller than it really is, but a larger hut wouldn't hurt.

Velothi Reverie
    This is the Dunmer-style house in Narsis. I don't know why it's called "Velothi" Reverie because the mountains behind it are bordering Nibenay, making them the Valus. (The Velothi are the ones between Morrowind and Skyrim.) The house has a decent courtyard out the back. If you stand on the pillars you can just about see over the wall to the town beyond. The interior is the standard three-level layout you find in many Dunmer towns. The ground floor entrance room has a central firepit, and two small rooms off to the sides. The left one has the door to the courtyard. The basement is a single midsized room. The upstairs landing leads to two side rooms.

Take home points:
    1. The garden walls could be a bit lower.
    2. Those aren't the Velothi Mountains.

Concluding Points
    7 houses with a yard, 3 without. This doesn't balance the small house distribution, so there's no consistency to maintain. As such, there's no real reason for the three houses without yards to not have them, as they all have the space for one. The House of the Silent Magnifico particularly needs to be addressed so you can actually use its large roof patio. A few of these houses (Bosmer, Argonian, Khajiit) could afford to use the next size up in their architectural models where they exist, as there's quite a large spread between the smallest (which are too similar to the Staple Houses), and the largest (which are a good size). A few of these houses are well-set in their surroundings, but others could do with a bit more integration into the world, which could mostly be achieved by lowering walls or replacing some wall segments with half-wall, half-fence.

More to come over the weekend!
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there!
    Just wanted to give some feedback:
    Overall housing looks AWESOME!!
    What I wanted to suggest that would amplify the experience is two things:

1) the ability to place large furishings such as shacks small building, or even wood elf pods! Because alot of the houses have huge outdoor areas and it would really be cool if we could make use of it. (Also I woundn't be compfortable letting pirharri the smuggler stay in my house while I'm away ;) ).

2) The ability to ride our mounts in the outdoor areas. Otherwise there'd be alot of walking going on…
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a suggestion for some of the items we can place in our houses:

Can some of the items be functional in some way, like how mementos work except we'd trigger them by clicking them (once placed).

So a projection of someone famous in the ESO world could be placed then made to talk (for example) when we clicked it. Or a placed mirror could go all swirly and smoky when we click it.

Things like that would greatly increase the perceived interactiveness of a house.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Did you complete the initial quest to acquire your apartment? Did you run into any issues? Completed, no issues
    • Home Previewing
      • Were you able to successfully preview a home and buy it with gold? Yes, although previewing the Craglorn cave didn't work the first time I logged in (after the loading screen, I would be back where I started; logging out fixed the issue)
      • How did you preview the home? Did you do it via the Crown Store, Collections UI, or just walk up to the door? Crown store
      • Were you able to figure out how to switch between previewing a furnished/unfurnished home? Yes
    • Furnishing Sourcing
      • Were you able to purchase and place furnishings from Achievement Furnishers? Yes, but sometimes the store would be empty, forcing me to log out to fix it
      • Were you able to purchase furnishings from Zanil Theran the Luxury Furnisher? Yes, but sometimes the store would be empty, forcing me to log out to fix it
      • Did you get any Undaunted Busts from dungeon bosses? If so, which one was your favorite? Did not try
    • Specialty Furnishings
      • Were you able to find the reprints of Shalidor’s Library books, place them, and read them? Did not try
      • Did you understand how to use the various light sources? Yes
      • Were you able to sit on chairs, both in a home and throughout the world? Was it clear which chairs you could sit on? No, this feature did not work 90% of the time (my character would sit in the chair and then get up immediately)
    • Were you able to allow or restrict other players to enter your home? Did not try
    • Did you duel inside your home? How was the experience? No, but looks promising
    • Did you like the housing-related achievements and titles? Don't really care about achievements or titles
    • Which was your favorite home, and why? Strident Springs Demesne; huge outdoor space with lots of cool features (waterfall, pool, watch tower) and the only large home with actual ROOMS inside! The backdoor was also a huge plus (one of the most annoying things about the other large homes is having to walk around the house to get to the back; see Mathiison Manor)
    • What did you think of the prices for each home? Most are perfect. Some were just plain bad value though; i.e. some of the single room small homes with no outdoor space are barely bigger than apartments yet cost 5-6 times as much; likewise, some of the medium homes with no outdoor space and small interiors were also bad value (see Cliffshade); the large homes that were just recycled medium homes with a small yard (see Nord and Dunmer large homes) were also bad value and easily could have been sold as medium homes
    • Are you an ESO Plus member? Yes
    • Do you have any other general feedback?
    • Please give the crown store banker and merchant full functionality when placed inside a property; I get why they can't offer guild store services or repairs in dungeons, but they should be able to do that inside a player's house.
    • The master writs are WAY too expensive to complete; they will kill a lot of the enthusiasm around this patch
    • Consider selling the crafting tables and test dummy in the crown store (if it isn't already planned); I am fine with paying for convenience, and the ridiculous grind/expense to get them through master writs will push people towards the crown store if they are available there
    • Think about offering furnishing packages in the crown store; this would be for people who purchase the house with gold but would still like the default crown store furnishing inside the house
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 13, 2017 11:29PM
  • Sylvis
    Sylvis
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    7 houses with a yard, 3 without. This doesn't balance the small house distribution, so there's no consistency to maintain. As such, there's no real reason for the three houses without yards to not have them, as they all have the space for one.

Great post; I agree with all of it, especially this point. All homes should have some sort of yard or usable balcony, otherwise you won't be able to fully enjoy the location of your home...it's not like they have windows! Real estate is all about location after all. I was excited to see there was a house in Windhelm (as that is my favorite zone/city), but no part of the house allows me to gaze about and appreciate that I own my property in such an awesome city. Just a small balcony would be perfect for me to relax and enjoy the views of the city and gaze at the northern lights. :) But as it is, the house may as well be in Coldharbour.

So I also think that all the homes should offer some sort of outdoor space, that way, as you said, you can feel more immersed in the world and not cut off from it.
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking today it'd be cool if we could have our own livestock.

Chickens, goats, sheep, cows, etc.
    PC NA - EPHS
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Needs storage badly.

BADLY.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    What do you think of giving players an achievement for max mount traits (Carry Weight, Stamina, and Speed) and corresponding housing item for a stables?
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totes-Bode wrote: »
    What do you think of giving players an achievement for max mount traits (Carry Weight, Stamina, and Speed) and corresponding housing item for a stables?

The reason that should not be an "achievement" is that every player does not want to maximize the Speed, may not want to add much, if any, Bag Space, and Stamina is mostly useful when you have the mount sprint through a group of hostile NPCs which you would rather not bother to fight.

No one should gain an advantage or benefit simply because they spent the coins for the "riding lessons" to maximize all three of the aspects of riding a mount. Buying things is not an "achievement".

At least one of the "Notable Houses" has a stable on the grounds, which has stalls for 3 or 4 mounts, if memory serves, but sometimes the service isn't too good and I cannot recall which house has that feature. :frowning:
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi