Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• Pirsius
    Pirsius
    ✭✭✭
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, ORSINIUM DLC GAME PACK
    Exploration & Itemization
    General
    • Fixed an issue where Nirnroot and Water Hyacinth would incorrectly appear as pools of water in Wrothgar.
    • Adjusted the distribution of Maelstrom weapons obtained from the Maelstrom Arena via the Leaderboards and drops.
      • Previously, this was divided evenly by weapon category (Destruction Staff, Two Hand, etc). Now, it is based on the individual item type (Dagger, One Handed Sword, etc), and all damage weapons within the item type have an equal probability to drop.
      • In addition, when a Dual Wield weapon is awarded, you will receive two Dual Wield weapons.
      • We also slightly reduced the drop chance for Healing Staves, Bows, and One Hand and Shields.

So... I'm confused. All weapons have an equal chance, yet you also reduced the chance on specific weapons. You either just contradicted yourself or I'm reading this wrong.
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno when is the maintenence done?
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    I see gold prices but don't see crown prices or did I miss it.

Nope I don't think they know how much they are going to charge yet... Probably 10k crowns on the small houses (If taken into consideration the last mount price, the New Life festival 4.5k whatisit)
    "The Imperials are good for business, and business is good for Skyrim."
  • nosourcenopath
    Devs,

Just save us all time and start selling Velidreth and Tremorscale helms/shoulders in the crown store. That is where this game is heading, and its clear that is your vision.
    Hana Fireflower cp561 Dunmer Magblade (EP)
    Sap-Drinker cp561 Argonian Nightblade Magtank (EP)
    Dus cp561 Orc Stam Sorc (DC)
    The Third Shadow level 40 Khajit Nightblade (AD)
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gothren wrote: »
    very happy summoning got some love. However, I don't see why you continue to make the storm atronach immobile. Also the twilight tormentor needs some more work. the damange delt by this ability is not competitive and its hard to keep track of the buff applied to this pet.

Same here, I'd really love to be able to use summons, I just wish the pet system in general had finer tuning. I still feel like you have barely any control over your summons, they need more work beyond just "it does more damage/healing"
  • Ironclap
    Ironclap
    ✭✭
    Housing!

Nice to see summoner pets get a boost with more HP, still zzz damage tough.

• Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait wait wait....

A nerf for Magicka Nighblades?

What? Why?

I was expecting a buff to put us in line more with what stam is doing.

Wow.

F
    A
    I
    L
  • shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    No stam nightblade nerf guess still be wearing heavy then

Why do you want a stamina based nightblade nerffed? I can barely beat some of the PvE bosses with what I have.
    Are you *** serious?? How many people actually have 4m gold

Not me. I felt I was in a good place with a little over 200K. I will not live so long as to get the high end homes as it has taken a couple years to get the 200k.

• castigulaub17_ESO
    JD2013 wrote: »
    All the new crafting looks like it will keep me busy for a while!

And the small and medium homes are very reasonably priced.

I mean this respectfully, but are you insane. The housing is incredibly over priced. Doesn't look like I can afford any of them. The days that housing is for the elites is long over. I request that housing prices be dropped to more realistic amounts. Everyone should be able to afford and purchase a home.
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pirsius wrote: »
    General
    • Fixed an issue where Nirnroot and Water Hyacinth would incorrectly appear as pools of water in Wrothgar.
    • Adjusted the distribution of Maelstrom weapons obtained from the Maelstrom Arena via the Leaderboards and drops.
      • Previously, this was divided evenly by weapon category (Destruction Staff, Two Hand, etc). Now, it is based on the individual item type (Dagger, One Handed Sword, etc), and all damage weapons within the item type have an equal probability to drop.
      • In addition, when a Dual Wield weapon is awarded, you will receive two Dual Wield weapons.
      • We also slightly reduced the drop chance for Healing Staves, Bows, and One Hand and Shields.

So... I'm confused. All weapons have an equal chance, yet you also reduced the chance on specific weapons. You either just contradicted yourself or I'm reading this wrong.

I assume that means that they reduced the chance on those weapons in order to make them all equal.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTF is wrong with you Zo$

You call this the magic patch. You said you would give mag users a buff. You lied.

I am now completely convinced that wroble only plays stamina builds. GG ***
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • StereoLiz
    StereoLiz
    ✭✭✭
    I like this rebalancing. Seems gentle and reasonable. But I have two remarks:

1. Rich mentioned in sneak peak about fixing poisons cool down. I can't see it in this patch notes, did I miss it?
    2. Viper, Widowmaker and other proc sets has wepon crit bonuses. It doesn't make sense now when proc sets can't crit. This crit bonuses need to be changed.
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    shadoza wrote: »

Why do you want a stamina based nightblade nerffed? I can barely beat some of the PvE bosses with what I have.

Not me. I felt I was in a good place with a little over 200K. I will not live so long as to get the high end homes as it has taken a couple years to get the 200k.

I have 1 million on my bank account. Get a trading guild and everything is solved
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like these changes for the most part but honestly @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel there needs to be more class skill buffs in there to make up for a lot of the damage nerfs. At first glance nightblades will still be irrelevant.

I also think the warhorn change needs to be buffed (increase the CHD), why nerf coordinated group play that much?
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 3, 2017 11:58PM
    #MOREORBS
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The housing pricing looks very reasonable--might take a couple weeks to save up for a manor, but that's super end-game RP. Should be a good gold sink in the game. Any word on the Craglorn Cavern though?
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    I see gold prices but don't see crown prices or did I miss it.

Yeah, since I'm buying places all furnished, and they can only be acquired with crowns, I'd like to know the cost in crowns as well.

I wonder how much stronger Doshia will be? Low level players taking on a harvester...*shudders*

Radiant destruction's nerf is a blow, but not a huge one, I'll still use it, probably. :)

Overload nerf is a blow, but I'll still use that, too. :)
  • Sumpfheini
    Sumpfheini
    ✭✭✭
    the buffs to pet won't change anything. They are still too weak to justify taking up 2 (3 w. overload) ability slots.

a) As a healer the risk of your biggest heal suddenly disappearing is unbearable
    b) what is the point of a damage buff against enemies above 50%?
    c) half the explosion ticks of the familiar are wasted since he needs to chase his target with this abysmal pet-movement speed.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    ice Furnace set still has weapon damage bonus for a magica staff?
    Yeah, this bums me out quite a bit. I WANT to make an ice build so much, but sometimes I think ZOS is intent on not making that possibility.

Also, no changes to player made sets? Or fixes to so many other sets that are near worthless? I was hoping for a bit more.

And the lack of PVP changes makes me sad. =/

• silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So ... where are the quality of life improvements for guild management? Guild bank tabs? More permissions options? Fixing kiosk bid spying?

Very disappointed.
  • Hektik_V
    Hektik_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is PTS coming back up?
    Das Hektik
    Hektik V
    Hektiksaurus
    Hekspawn

@HEKT1K
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    shadoza wrote: »

I have 1 million on my bank account. Get a trading guild and everything is solved

No it is not solved, you have to spend countless hours farming for motifs or sets or rare drops or even fishing to have stuff worth selling and then waiting for someone willing to buy your stuff. I have 1.1m gold in bank and it took me over 1 year to get it. The thing is ZO$ wants you to buy crowns and that is it. They don't care if you can't afford it or if you need to have a real life.
    Edited by philrsx on January 3, 2017 11:56PM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No engine guardian repentance. Was one of the best parts about this set. Very very sad day for this Templar.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Czirne wrote: »
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    where is some stamplar buff??
    "Engine Guardian: The Dwemer Sphere summoned by this item set’s proc now despawns when it expires." - Does that mean no repenting that Sphere? How shloud stamplars manage their resources in noCP campaing with no battle roar, no helping hands, no siponing strikes and no dark deal, when you destroy repenting Dwemer Sphere? :D

I know...i was holding onto that set for free stam when repenting its little body :*(

Exactly - without dwemer spheres little dead body playing templar is pointless. It was all i ever cared about - repenting that little robot. RIP templars.

Mines name was Kevin....RIP Kevin, I will no longer be repenting you : * (

Templars need to riot. This is unacceptable change! Every templar should be able to repent his Dwemer Sphere. I can not believe they just decided to take that away! :(
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    There's nothing in these notes that will even remotely help or affect Stamina Templars other than in an indirect negative way...

Excatly. I was really hyped when I heard about "balance patch". I even hoped my stamplar will be able to see dungeons from the inside, and I even planned to take him to cyrodiil and have fun. Well, plans don't always work, maybe in update 14, hopefuly.

Stamina Templar is the WEAKEST Stam PVP class.

Our spammable jabs is hugely unreliable.

And now we can't even repent unless we are a) already winning b) already losing.

Great change.

I know, right? I was hoping for some nice sustain buff, like channeled focus recover stamina aswell. I was hoping jabs get some reability, or maybe flurry treatment(reduce cast time and damage) - 1,1 sec channel dps ability in pvp is useless, unless target is stunned, rooted or stupid.
    Instead of it stamplar was indirectly nerfed by Engine guarian change... why did they even changed it? did they felt like stamplars have so much sustain, that dwemer sphere can not be repent anymore?
    Edited by Czirne on January 4, 2017 12:09AM
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When will the PTS be back up ? Plx
    EU | PC
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    I like these changes for the most part but honestly @ZOS_RichLambert @Wrobel there needs to be more class skill buffs in there to make up for a lot of the damage nerfs. At first glance nightblades will still be irrelevat.

I also think the warhorn change needs to be buffed (increase the CHD), why nerf coordinated group play that much?

because most groups can't -.-"

sigh...
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • VoRaVeLi
    VoRaVeLi
    ✭✭✭
    Pirsius wrote: »
    General

People weren't just kidding about always getting a resto. It looks like they just admitted it's always had a higher drop rate is the way I'm taking it... So messed up.
  • Kadoozy
    Kadoozy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scallan wrote: »
    Magicka Nightblade is now the worst class next to Stamina Templar.

Thanks ZOS for nerfing our already nerfed class!

The thing is, they nerfed stamina templar too with the engine guardian change lol like what are they even thinking?

In their minds Templars must be meant to heal and do nothing but heal. I do not even get it.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »
    What nerfs have they given to stamina users?

Seems like stamplars have taken a beating. I'll not discuss here whether or not that's a good thing.

Eye of the Storm did get a huge damage buff though, what with AoE cap elevation and the change to Ancient Knowledge. It also remains unblockable and uninterruptable as well.

The NB changes suck for those using siphoning spammables for sustain, but the whole thing about Grim Focus seems more like bug fixing.

Absent proc sets, stamblades have to make a lot of tough choices and sacrifices to max our dps (14k health, 11000 phys and spell resist with no burst heals good enough to save us from a two-shot). This means we have to be very careful in how we play, and it's harder for us to do solo content. Leave us alone.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Getsome122
    Getsome122
    ✭✭
    I can't actually believe people are happy about any of these changes. Seems all you guys do anymore is nerf everything, then give us more *** to buy from you.
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    Kadoozy wrote: »
    Scallan wrote: »
    Magicka Nightblade is now the worst class next to Stamina Templar.

Thanks ZOS for nerfing our already nerfed class!

The thing is, they nerfed stamina templar too with the engine guardian change lol like what are they even thinking?

In their minds Templars must be meant to heal and do nothing but heal. I do not even get it.

As they nerfed being a healer for other classes... Templars are in their essence made for healing as DKs are only good for tanking...