Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• reclaimervii.sierra117ub17_ESO
    Was this the big balance change? Lol come on ZO$ this is just getting sad
  • Scallan
    Scallan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblade is now the worst class next to Stamina Templar.

Thanks ZOS for nerfing our already nerfed class!
  • VoRaVeLi
    VoRaVeLi
    ✭✭✭
    In before no actual new content for 6 months. I don't find playing make believe house to be content sorry.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to sell this game to a studio that will actually take care of it.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you really claim that this is a balance thread if a. magNBs and stamplars got no real buffs, and indirect nerfs, b. the overall inferiority of magicka vs. stamina was not addressed, and c. crafted sets were not buffed to be equal to or better than drop sets?

How long will you make us wait this time for those two classes and crafting to be relevant again?
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    where is some stamplar buff??
    "Engine Guardian: The Dwemer Sphere summoned by this item set’s proc now despawns when it expires." - Does that mean no repenting that Sphere? How shloud stamplars manage their resources in noCP campaing with no battle roar, no helping hands, no siponing strikes and no dark deal, when you destroy repenting Dwemer Sphere? :D

I know...i was holding onto that set for free stam when repenting its little body :*(

Exactly - without dwemer spheres little dead body playing templar is pointless. It was all i ever cared about - repenting that little robot. RIP templars.

Mines name was Kevin....RIP Kevin, I will no longer be repenting you : * (

Templars need to riot. This is unacceptable change! Every templar should be able to repent his Dwemer Sphere. I can not believe they just decided to take that away! :(
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    There's nothing in these notes that will even remotely help or affect Stamina Templars other than in an indirect negative way...

Excatly. I was really hyped when I heard about "balance patch". I even hoped my stamplar will be able to see dungeons from the inside, and I even planned to take him to cyrodiil and have fun. Well, plans don't always work, maybe in update 14, hopefuly.

Stamina Templar is the WEAKEST Stam PVP class.

Our spammable jabs is hugely unreliable.

And now we can't even repent unless we are a) already winning b) already losing.

Great change.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*]Vampire
    • Clouding Swarm (Bat Swarm morph): This morph no longer causes your character to pulse invisibility every second it is active. Instead, activating the swarm now allows you use the ability again to instantly teleport to an enemy up to 22 meters away and deal high damage. This teleport can be used as many times as possible within the swarm’s duration.

Oh did you test it with Vampire Lord Set @Wrobel?

Looks like we have one more One Shot Build brought into the game like there are not plenty of them already.

• Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know when this is going live? February sometime right?
  • Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    Dan_Fazzyub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka NB nerfed, Magicka DK STILL absolute garbage.

Thanks for nothing, ZoS.
    Kirin Blaze - Ebonheart Pact - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kïrïn Bläzë - Daggerfall Covenant - Imperial Dragonknight
    Kìrín Blàzé - Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial Dragonknight
    Vehemence - Omni - COMBUSTION
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*]Adjusted the distribution of Maelstrom weapons obtained from the Maelstrom Arena via the Leaderboards and drops.
    • Previously, this was divided evenly by weapon category (Destruction Staff, Two Hand, etc). Now, it is based on the individual item type (Dagger, One Handed Sword, etc), and all damage weapons within the item type have an equal probability to drop.
    • In addition, when a Dual Wield weapon is awarded, you will receive two Dual Wield weapons.
    • We also slightly reduced the drop chance for Healing Staves, Bows, and One Hand and Shields.

at least there's this! \o/
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    Clarkieson wrote: »
    Anyone know when this is going live? February sometime right?

"The Elder Scrolls Online's player housing system, is coming in February 2017. "
    "The Imperials are good for business, and business is good for Skyrim."
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very minimal changes to RNG. Why are training and prosperous part of the loot table for end game gear again?

Some good changes, some bad. We will see with testing I suppose.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • selivares0eb17_ESO
    NBrookus wrote: »
    But I'm not seeing the promised mDK buffs.

This. As far as I remember DK's DoTs were about to be buffed. The buff that they provided seems to be meaningless.

+ all the nerfs that affect PvE...

All of that happening when I came back to the game after a year and fully switched to PvE instead of playing PvP all the time in the past. I have actually enjoyed it but I felt underpowered compared to the stamina meta builds, but hey - that was meant to be changed. Well, looks like it wasn't after all.

I'm afraid you've lost me again, ZOS.

• TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've seen so far, I'm thrilled with player housing, furniture crafting, and the crafting improvements! Can you say "oh thank the gods" for stackable motif pages?

I can't wait to kill or pickpocket my first mob and get my first furniture plan! I'm just so.. so.. so....

QuNwEq5.gif Well done, Zos well done! :)
    Edited by TerraDewBerry on January 3, 2017 11:56PM
  • AzureTheAware
    AzureTheAware
    ✭✭
    Clouding Swarm (Bat Swarm morph): This morph no longer causes your character to pulse invisibility every second it is active. Instead, activating the swarm now allows you use the ability again to instantly teleport to an enemy up to 22 meters away and deal high damage. This teleport can be used as many times as possible within the swarm’s duration.

WHYYY?!?!
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get some clarification on this
    Ancient Knowledge: This passive ability no longer decreases the cast time of your Destruction Staff Heavy Attacks by 5/10%. Instead, it grants you a bonus as long as you have one Destruction Staff ability slotted. This bonus depends on your staff type:
    Flame Staves: Increases your single-target damage dealt by 4/8%.
    Frost Staves: Increases the amount of damage you Block by 10/20%, and reduces the cost of Block by 15/30%.
    Lightning Staves: Increases your Area of Effect damage dealt by 4/8%.
    With this change if I am running a lightening staff and I have the Destruction staff ultimate slotted I'll get the new bonus but the issue is that if you apply those bonuses the 5% damage nerfed is negated and no the Destruction staff ultimate deals 3% more damage then it currently deal on live.Please If am wrong here someone correct me.I believe this is a slight oversight on your part.
    Edited by Jaronking on January 3, 2017 11:37PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Actually not scared shitless from this!

rejoice however! DKs need to be out of magicka and health to be viable at healing now instead of just out of the health!

Funny thing, if you have around 2.5K magicka (assuming you have all the magicka cost reductions), you can heal like god... if you have less than that, you can't heal at all.

Then, what to do if you run oom? Of course, drink a pot to make your heal weaker.

I think ZoS have no idea on what to do with Dragon Blood
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Weathur
    Weathur
    ✭✭
    I am new to the forums, but when the patch notes say, "djusted the distribution of Maelstrom weapons obtained from the Maelstrom Arena via the Leaderboards and drops.
    Previously, this was divided evenly by weapon category (Destruction Staff, Two Hand, etc). Now, it is based on the individual item type (Dagger, One Handed Sword, etc), and all damage weapons within the item type have an equal probability to drop."

Does this mean weapons like a sharpened maul, greatsword, or battleaxe will be easier to drop?
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    I don't like the templar changes :(
    Why are you doing it?
    Action stations, action stations. Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clouding Swarm (Bat Swarm morph): This morph no longer causes your character to pulse invisibility every second it is active. Instead, activating the swarm now allows you use the ability again to instantly teleport to an enemy up to 22 meters away and deal high damage. This teleport can be used as many times as possible within the swarm’s duration.

WHYYY?!?!

Because lotus fan/ambush spam wasn't enough! :trollface:
    Edited by Master_Kas on January 3, 2017 11:37PM
    EU | PC
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ketroc wrote: »
    How about Heavy Armor balance in PvP. It needs toning down if there is to be variety of armor types in Cyrodiil.

This, heavy armor is what needs nerfed most for pvp. That and the fact that bursty proccsets like velidreth, selene and viper wont rly feel nerfed at all with only noncrit nerf, the fact that sheer venom and vicecanon also gets nerfed under this change, and those dotsets dont need to be nerfed at all.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Akimbro
    Akimbro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some initial concerns from someone who has been an "end-game" player since 2014, and has every class in both mag/stam:
    Reduced the maximum amount of Ultimate that can be stored to 500 from 1000.
    Indirect nerf to sorc overload. Just making solo content like vMA harder when they already lack burst damage.

Coagulating Blood (Dragon Blood morph): This morph now heals you for 33% of your missing Magicka instead of 33% of your missing Health.
    So no heals if your magicka is full? And no heals if you're TOO low on magicka because it still costs magicka, even though it scales off of missing magicka?

Strife: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 38%.
    Unnecessary nerf. Already does low damage. The low cost is what made the skill somewhat useful. Going to be completely outperformed by force pulse now. Should consider increasing the damage along with the cost. Magicka nighblades were already the lowest performing magicka class.

Velocious Curse (Daedric Curse morph):
    • Renamed this morph to Haunting Curse.
    • This morph no longer shortens the duration of the curse to 3.5 seconds from 6 seconds; instead, it causes the curse to echo and trigger one additional time 6 seconds after the first explosion.
    If this is the route you want to take, the damage needs to be increased. 2 explosions in 12s, versus the current 3 explosions in 10.5s.....

Radiant Destruction: Decreased the damage from this ability and its morphs by approximately 21%.
    Was definitely overperforming, but 21% may be a bit much.

Elemental Ring (Impulse morph): This morph no longer adds a small Damage over Time component to the ability. Instead, it allows you to cast the ability at a ground-targeted location up to 28 meters away.
    Interesting change. Would be nice if the dot component remained. Was already a costly/lackluster aoe skill to begin with.
    Edited by Akimbro on January 3, 2017 11:41PM
    ALACRITY Emperors united RIP
    LAST PRODIGIES World first SO clear RIP

The last egg in the carton.
  • mr_runaway_666b16_ESO
    Templar jesus beam nerf is a bit harsh, i don't think i will bother with it anymore as a dps in raid. 10% would still make it viable.

The detro ulti needed a 20% reduction at least, 5%? hahahaha.

Stamplar needed a buff.

Mag NB needed a buff not nerf.

No crits to procs will not fix pvp a cooldown to global proc would.

30% trap nerf makes no sense.

Beardeddraggonborn Stam Templar
    Beardeddragonborn mag DK shelved
    Beardie Stam NB
    Eve Bearegard Mag Sorc

• philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Actually not scared shitless from this!

rejoice however! DKs need to be out of magicka and health to be viable at healing now instead of just out of the health!

Funny thing, if you have around 2.5K magicka (assuming you have all the magicka cost reductions), you can heal like god... if you have less than that, you can't heal at all.

Then, what to do if you run oom? Of course, drink a pot to make your heal weaker.

I think ZoS have no idea on what to do with Dragon Blood

This was actually the most unecessary change I've ever seen in any game. What is this supposed to accomplish? So that DKs die more while trying to solo something?
    "The Imperials are good for business, and business is good for Skyrim."
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Eye of the Storm remains unblockable and uninterruptable?

Additionally, the damage nerf to Elemental Storm and it's morphs (i.e. to Eye of the Storm) can now be completely mitigated--indeed overcome by 3%--with either a flame staff or a lighting staff and the Ancient Knowledge passive?

Coupled with the raise in the AoE damage cap, it sounds like Eye of the Storm has received a substantial damage buff, doesn't it?
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see gold prices but don't see crown prices or did I miss it.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weathur wrote: »
    I am new to the forums, but when the patch notes say, "djusted the distribution of Maelstrom weapons obtained from the Maelstrom Arena via the Leaderboards and drops.
    Previously, this was divided evenly by weapon category (Destruction Staff, Two Hand, etc). Now, it is based on the individual item type (Dagger, One Handed Sword, etc), and all damage weapons within the item type have an equal probability to drop."

Does this mean weapons like a sharpened maul, greatsword, or battleaxe will be easier to drop?

Yes, but you're still looking at 500+ runs. It's just that now it's like... 700 runs instead of 900 for Inferno, or 500 instead of 600 for a dagger.
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Gothren
    Gothren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very happy summoning got some love. However, I don't see why you continue to make the storm atronach immobile. Also the twilight tormentor needs some more work. the damange delt by this ability is not competitive and its hard to keep track of the buff applied to this pet.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your change to dragons blood is a joke. A really really bad joke.
    Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • LittlePumpkin030
    LittlePumpkin030
    ✭✭✭
    philrsx wrote: »
    How many people will actually be able to afford all the houses with in game gold?

its only 26 million for all of them.
    I can already buy 15 from all of them :)
    This one has wares if you have coins, yes!

ESO-Streamerin https://www.twitch.tv/littlepumpkin030