Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Patch Notes v2.7.0 (Homestead)

• Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A list of Nerfs:

1. Reduced the maximum amount of Ultimate that can be stored to 500 from 1000. (direct nerf to overload builds)
    2. Major Evasion: Reduced this buff category’s dodge chance bonus to 15% dodge chance from 20% dodge chance. (this one i can agree with)
    3. Major Force: This buff category’s Critical Damage bonus is now an additive bonus instead of a multiplicative one (consistent with all other Critical Damage bonuses), but its value has been reduced to a 15% Critical Damage bonus to compensate from 30%. Total Critical Damage bonus from this buff remains unchanged.
    Minor Force: Reduced this buff category’s Critical Damage bonus to 10% from 12%.
    4. Standard of Might (Dragonknight Standard morph): This morph now increases your damage done and decreases your damage taken by 12/13/14/15% while standing inside the standard, down from 17/18/19/20%. (so 5% less damage done -huge!- and 5% less damage taken)
    5. Coagulating Blood (Dragon Blood morph): This morph now heals you for 33% of your missing Magicka instead of 33% of your missing Health. (really???? what about tanks????)
    6. Strife: Increased the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 38%. (38%????)
    7. Hurricane (Lightning Form morph): This morph now deals 10% more damage each tick, down from 15% more damage each tick. The final tick deals 150% more damage as a result, down from 225%.
    8. Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): Increased the duration of this morph to 8 seconds from 6 seconds, causing it to tick damage an additional 2 times; however, it no longer stuns the enemy when it first hits them. (how are Templars supposed to stun now?)
    9. Radiant Destruction: Decreased the damage from this ability and its morphs by approximately 21%.
    10. Elemental Storm: Reduced the damage for this ability and its morphs by 5%.
    11. Elemental Drain (Weakness to Elements morph): This morph no longer restores a flat value of Magicka whenever you deal Flame, Frost, or Shock Damage to the target. Instead, it applies Minor Magickasteal to them. (same as the new radiant aura and Siphon Spirit (Force Siphon morph): This morph no longer restores 1% of your Maximum Magicka when you deal damage to the target. Instead, it also applies Minor Magickasteal to the target., so one of them is a useless morph)
    12. Tri Focus:
    This passive ability now taunts the enemy after you use a fully-charged Frost Heavy Attack.
    This passive ability now causes your block to drain Magicka (instead of Stamina) and stops your Magicka Recovery (instead of Stamina Recovery) while blocking when you have a Frost Destruction Staff equipped.
    and Frost Staves: Increases the amount of damage you Block by 10/20%, and reduces the cost of Block by 15/30%. (what is this? a new tanking build with Frost staff? could be interesting but weird way to "buff" frost)
    13. Rearming Trap (Trap Beast morph): Decreased the damage done by each trap summoned from this morph by 30%.
    14. Unchained: This ability now reduces the cost of a single Stamina ability by 80% for 5 seconds instead of reducing the cost of all Stamina abilities used within 3 seconds by 80%. (that's actually a good one, it was overperforming)
    15. Item Set procs which deal damage or healing can no longer Critically Strike.
    16. Engine Guardian: The Dwemer Sphere summoned by this item set’s proc now despawns when it expires. (so it can no longer be repented?? why oh why?? that was one of the most attractive side of this monster set!!)
    17. Sentinel of Rkugamz: The Dwemer Spider summoned by this item set’s proc can now be interrupted. (i understand the change from a PvP PoV but how about PvE??)

Can't wait for housing now :)
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    so it seems all i got for mag nb is increased skill cost. thanks
    still wont use fear trap, but I'll give it a shot atleast
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder if the devs are playing the same game I am.

this here
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • WarLord2905
    WarLord2905
    ✭✭✭
    Since OT launched the only complaints have come from the PVP community about certain proc sets and heavy armour. Most of the forums and community have been praising the OT changes for PVE, I personally gave up on PVE for 12 months before the patch and haven't stepped back into PVP since it dropped. So why the PVE nerf? Because that is what this is!

The PVE was the best its been since ESO launched so why mess with that when it was a PVP issue. No issues raised about PVP have been addressed, Proc sets will still be OP, Heavy armour is still OP and stamina is still the meta? The crit changes mean nothing in PVP when everyone is running around with 7 piece impen, it is only a nerf for PVE.

Why change PVE when you finally got it right?

Why not change PVP when you got it so wrong?
    NA Server XBOX 1
    BAWS Order Of Wolves
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What i get from those Natch Potes is that PvE DPS is taking a serious hit on all fronts (stam and magika alike). I'm not sure this can be called "balancing".
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DOSHIA STRIKES BACK! LOL, she's been buffed!

Seriously, though, on the Vamp Swarm change - that's got to be blockable and maybe even stun the vamp if blocked, right? Or the target gets immunity after one attack? Because that's ripe for abuse if the vamp can choose one target and just spam an Ult attack on them.
    I ride in a zerg ball of one.
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    dat 11million gold title
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please reduce proc sets for PVP only.

Please reduce destro ulti for more than a trivial 5%
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm kinda torn. I'm not seeing a lot of the changes I felt were needed like stacking proc sets in pvp.

I am seeing some changes that might become hidden gems, like multiple eclipses and the changes to Radiant Aura. And buffing Atronach to where it might not be an ultimate I ignore. I am seeing some good itemization changes, like the change to Black Rose making it a little less desirable for stam and a little more for magicka. Stam got nerfed at but in subtle ways that don't affect magicka users's stam management... might be good.

But I'm not seeing the promised mDK buffs. 5% buff to flame whip... lols. The Dragonblood change... makes no sense at all -- so to get a decent heal, I have to stack magicka but then not manage it correctly? And why nerf the Standard of Might that people just dodge out of anyway for such a high ult cost? You are buffing Fiery Grip in a nice way, except no sign of fixing it so that it works often enough to be worth slotting. The change to Ferocious Leap is nice tho, and the buff to Volatile Armor is nice but probably not gamechanging. 20% damage on top of almost nothing... meh.

So are Frost staff encase-spamming Tremorscale PVP ranged sorcs going to be a thing now?

No judgements until I test it, but I am honestly perplexed at what this is supposed to achieve.
    Edited by NBrookus on January 3, 2017 11:10PM
  • Kadoozy
    Kadoozy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rataroto wrote: »
    no changes to flurry? or cruel flurry enchant? or to surprise attack? or to bitting jabs?

JESUS GET US OUT OF THE RAPID STRIKES META PLEASE!

i mean, for reals? its just boring right now

Yes, lets nerf Stamina Templars into the ground even further. Brilliant idea
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strife increase cost by 38%?! Welp, at least my magblade will have a nice house to live in once she retires from PvE. /s
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    Czirne wrote: »
    Sylance9 wrote: »
    Czirne wrote: »
    where is some stamplar buff??
    "Engine Guardian: The Dwemer Sphere summoned by this item set’s proc now despawns when it expires." - Does that mean no repenting that Sphere? How shloud stamplars manage their resources in noCP campaing with no battle roar, no helping hands, no siponing strikes and no dark deal, when you destroy repenting Dwemer Sphere? :D

I know...i was holding onto that set for free stam when repenting its little body :*(

Exactly - without dwemer spheres little dead body playing templar is pointless. It was all i ever cared about - repenting that little robot. RIP templars.

Mines name was Kevin....RIP Kevin, I will no longer be repenting you : * (

Templars need to riot. This is unacceptable change! Every templar should be able to repent his Dwemer Sphere. I can not believe they just decided to take that away! :(
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    There's nothing in these notes that will even remotely help or affect Stamina Templars other than in an indirect negative way...

Excatly. I was really hyped when I heard about "balance patch". I even hoped my stamplar will be able to see dungeons from the inside, and I even planned to take him to cyrodiil and have fun. Well, plans don't always work, maybe in update 14, hopefuly.
    Edited by Czirne on January 3, 2017 11:18PM
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now this patch is going to be interesting
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belicourt wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Actually not scared shitless from this!

rejoice however! DKs need to be out of magicka and health to be viable at healing now instead of just out of the health!

But it means it's not affected by battle spirit at all. so that is some help, right? @DKsUnite

It is? Why would it not be?
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty disappointed.

The cost increase to Strife was completely unnecessary, it's already difficult enough as is to sustain your resources as a magic NB in both PVP and PVE. If the Assassin's Will change is meant to be a damage nerf, then I seriously can't see a single reason to play magic NB anymore. I still probably won't be playing magic NB anymore come Update 13.

No love at all for melee magicka NBs. Why give us a melee range magic spammable (Concealed Weapon) when it hits like a wet noodle, costs far too much, and forces you to be in melee range? If anything, this skill should have had it's cost reduced by 38%, instead of Strife's cost getting increased.

No nerfs to heavy armor, just to Black Rose, and that wasn't the issue to begin with.

Proc sets are still going to be the way to go in PVP, you haven't solved the issue at all.

The Velocious Curse changes hurt magic sorc more than they help them. I used Velocious Curse because it had a shorter time, now that I'm going to have to wait six seconds for it, I might as well play another class.

No root immunity. You actually gave Encase a reduced cost when it's already being used heavily in PVP. You guys are pretty clueless.

Here's hoping most of the changes in this PTS patch don't make it to live.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say sorc nerf?

No more 1000 overload

Gg
    Edited by Clarkieson on January 3, 2017 11:14PM
  • kunvenrwb17_ESO
    kunvenrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I guess it's a good idea to stop leveling my magblade
  • Yuke
    Yuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arciris wrote: »

14. Unchained: This ability now reduces the cost of a single Stamina ability by 80% for 5 seconds instead of reducing the cost of all Stamina abilities used within 3 seconds by 80%. (that's actually a good one, it was overperforming)

How do you know which ability will cost less for 5 seconds? I dont get it...

Save Us, Microsoft.

Noricum & Kitesquad™
    YT-Channel
  • Reorx_Holybeard
    Reorx_Holybeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major Force: This buff category’s Critical Damage bonus is now an additive bonus instead of a multiplicative one (consistent with all other Critical Damage bonuses), but its value has been reduced to a 15% Critical Damage bonus to compensate from 30%. Total Critical Damage bonus from this buff remains unchanged.

I don't quite understand this. You changed it from multiplicative to additive *and* halved the magnitude but say "Total Critical Damage bonus from this buff remains unchanged". For example say I have a crit damage bonus of 85% and I cast Aggressive Horn:
    • Current = 85% * 1.30 = 111%
    • PTS = 85% + 15% = 100%

It's only exactly the same before and after if you have the base 50% critical damage modifier which in general no one that typically uses Aggressive Horn will have. If that is indeed the case perhaps you should change the wording to be more explicit of it being unchanged for the base 50% but a "small" loss for higher crit damage bonuses.

Edited by Reorx_Holybeard on January 3, 2017 11:16PM
    Reorx Holybeard -- NA/PC
    Founder/Admin of www.uesp.net -- UESP ESO Guilds
    Creator of the "Best" ESO Build Editor
    I'm on a quest to build the world's toughest USB drive!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »

I'm guessing you have a 5 second window to get the reduced costs on your next stam ability.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yuke wrote: »

I belive it reduces cost of only ONE ability casted within 5 seconds. presumably the first one you cast.
    I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • DoccEff
    DoccEff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just insane.

These nerfs are just ridiculous.
    Balancing? No.
    Nothing gets done about the broken RNG-lootsystem.
    Seriously?

All this reads like Zos is trying to tell us: "We have no idea what to do with this game, lol. Oh and F*** YOU."

If this patch comes online like that, I'll probably have to quit the game.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Please reduce proc sets for PVP only.

Please reduce destro ulti for more than a trivial 5%

Want to hear something hilarious?

Lightning staff destro Eye of the Storm will actually deal MORE damage post patch because of the 10% AOE damage increase...

:lol: I'm laughing AT the developers. Not with them.
    Clarkieson wrote: »
    Did someone say sorc nerf?

No more 1000 overload

Gg

Who uses overload anymore with the unblockable AOE destro ultimate?
    Edited by Minalan on January 3, 2017 11:21PM
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did someone say nightblade buff?

• SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    Are you *** serious?? How many people actually have 4m gold

"Scissors is in a good place right now but Paper is way OP"-Rock
    "Rock is in a good place right now but Scissors is way OP"-Paper
    "Paper is in a good place right now but Rock is way OP"-Scissors
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm liking these changes a lot! Great job, let's see how these play out on the PTS though!
  • philrsx
    philrsx
    ✭✭
    How many people will actually be able to afford all the houses with in game gold?
    "The Imperials are good for business, and business is good for Skyrim."
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Now this patch is going to be interesting

Sarmant and Magnust will become stronger than even. Hype is real !
    EU | PC
  • Thal
    Thal
    ✭✭✭
    2 suggestions

Let 5 piece proc sets crit, and monster helm sets not crit. Investing 5 slots to a proc should allow a crit

Add a named Burning Spellweave Sharpened Sword to the loot pool of COA. Almost every decent damage magic set has one. No one wants a charged dagger. We've grinded that place enough. Seriously, please from a quality of life perspective. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Also looking forward to seeing if scalding rune is useable...
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    philrsx wrote: »
    How many people will actually be able to afford all the houses with in game gold?

Looks like those gold sellers you get in zone chat are gonna be laughing all the way to the bank
    Edited by Clarkieson on January 3, 2017 11:22PM